Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This (2245 Views)

5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped / What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? / Please Phone Gurus Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 21, 2015
Ever since I bought my phone I have not seen the function of the marked area on my phone I thought it should blink light but it does not

Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by dulux07(m): 6:46pm On May 21, 2015
I bliv Its a sensor, mostly for detecting darkness n light, thats y ur phone automatically controls its brightness lvl when its in dark or bright environment. Tho some may be able to perform other functions. E.g d samsung eye motion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by ifeanyi83(m): 6:53pm On May 21, 2015
That looks like an infinix or techno phone, if i'm not mistaken. What it does is, when you're receiving/making a call, it shuts off the display, that way you don't end the call by error or do some other functions. When you're trying to make a call, place a finger close to that sensor and see what happens.... wink

2 Likes

Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by dulux07(m): 7:10pm On May 21, 2015
I bliv Its a sensor, mostly for detecting darkness n light, thats y ur phone automatically controls its brightness lvl when its in dark or bright environment. Tho some may be able to perform other functions. E.g d samsung eye motion, on htc it also serve as proximity sensor, thats y its rings louder in ur pocket, when it touches ur ear, it automatically picks d call.
Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 21, 2015
ifeanyi83:
That looks like an infinix or techno phone, if i'm not mistaken. What it does is, when you're receiving/making a call, it shuts off the display, that way you don't end the call by error or do some other functions. When you're trying to make a call, place a finger close to that sensor and see what happens.... wink
yeah its tecno p5+
Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 21, 2015
dulux07:
I bliv Its a sensor, mostly for detecting darkness n light, thats y ur phone automatically controls its brightness lvl when its in dark or bright environment. Tho some may be able to perform other functions. E.g d samsung eye motion, on htc it also serve as proximity sensor, thats y its rings louder in ur pocket, when it touches ur ear, it automatically picks d call.
tnx so much

1 Like

Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by fr3do(m): 9:54pm On May 21, 2015
Proximity and light sensor
Determines if you are close to the phone and how well lit the surrounding is.
Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by donkross1(m): 10:07pm On May 21, 2015
I believe it's a hidden camera that illuminati use in monitoring you undecided

7 Likes

Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by jemype(m): 12:05am On May 22, 2015
I was waiting for sm1 as smart as u to comment cry
donkross1:

1 Like

Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by ZACHIE: 2:07am On May 22, 2015
donkross1:
Alarmist olodo like you.
Don't mind him please, OP.
To your question jare, that keyhole is the silencer of your phone.
That's why the phone breathes from and let's out hot air so as not to overhead and catch fire.
Cheers.
Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by tomiobj(m): 5:18am On May 22, 2015
elijah2u:
Ever since I bought my phone I have not seen the function of the marked area on my phone I thought it should blink light but it does not
. It's 2 sensors in 1. 1 is d light sensor which detects light/darkness so d light on d home button comes on. D 2nd 1 is a proximity sensor. It caan detect iif d fone is close to ur facce/ur body. Nnxt tym u av a call. Put it on speaker. Point it upwards then put ur palm over the sensor and ull see d screen of ur phone go dark until u remove ur hand. It prevents accidentally tapping of rubbish during calls. And No its nnot harmful to d body. In any way. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by iamrealdeji(m): 5:44am On May 22, 2015
jemype:
does sarcasm define smartness?

1 Like

Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by jemype(m): 6:07am On May 22, 2015
sarcasm takes a high level of wit to brew
iamrealdeji:
does sarcasm define smartness?
Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by donkross1(m): 7:16am On May 22, 2015
ZACHIE:

Alarmist olodo like you.
Don't mind him please, OP.
To your question jare, that keyhole is the silencer of your phone.
That's why the phone breathes from and let's put hot air so as not to overhead and catch fire.
Cheers.
Mo gbe ooo. Phone dey breath again, must you lie cheesy
Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by donkross1(m): 7:17am On May 22, 2015
jemype:
Washere joor my guy.
Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by Holatunde007(m): 9:14am On May 22, 2015
I THINK IS WHERE MB DATA ARE STORED cos u can't find it on non browsing fone
But btw I don cellotape mine, no evil eyes shall monitor me
Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by abubkhr: 10:14am On May 22, 2015
They are spying on you plain and simple it send signal anywhere any time fro time to time. In other word one world government.
Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by Adeoba10(m): 11:13am On May 22, 2015
elijah2u:
Dats d CENSOR, weneva u make any call or u received call mere placing d phone towards ur ear, d censor will read it, den d backlight goes off, while u are talking..... U can make any call n place ur finger on dat spot, u will understnd it better...

1 Like

Re: Please Phone Gurus I Want You To Tell Me The Function Of This by kekakuz(m): 1:40pm On May 22, 2015
[size=20pt] op
that's the lie detector sensory port and proximity brightness allocator

it was upgraded in p5+ but not on p5
to enable the caller know if the person you are calling is lying about his or her location
red light normally flash
but you need to activate it first with Google location [/size]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Pros And Cons Of Imose Kampe / How Can I Make Myself An Admin In A Whatsapp Group? / Infinix Zero 4-X574 Rumoured Spec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.