Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped (19876 Views)

How To Tell If This Phone Is A Refurbished Or Original London Used? (Photo) / Ways Your Smartphone Is Violating Your Privacy / This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by Revolva(m): 12:24am On Feb 10, 2017
Almost everyone is using a smartphone in Nigeria. What many of these smartphone users don't know is whether their phones are being tapped or not. If you don't know, there are a number of reasons your phone can be tracked. One reason is when you are in a relationship where there is a clear absence of trust. Then your partner may result to tapping or bugging your phone. Besides that, a government agency may bug your phone just to listen to your conversation. In this case, it is for security reasons. Whatever the case may be, it is key to know if your smartphone has been bugged. i gather 5 ways to tell.

Your phone takes time to shut down

If your phone takes forever to shut down, it may be a pointer that your phone has been compromised. You will notice that when your phone eventually goes off, the backlight will still be on. This may likely means that your phone is in control of whoever has bugged it. So, whether you switch off or not, it will be difficult get rid of them.

Increased data usage

It will definitely be difficult for a smartphone without internet connection to be tapped. You may surf your phone every second daily but you already know that you cannot exhaust your data at a go. Thankfully most phones will alert you if you are using too much data. But if the data traffic is unusually high, and your phone keeps alerting you, you should be concerned.

You find apps you didn't download

There are thousands of useful apps that you can download in either the Google Playstore or Apple's store. These are largely safe. In other circumstances, you may find an app you didn't download which finds its way to your phone. It is one of the coy ways to bug your phone.You try as much as possible not to open this app.

Low battery life

A battery is the heart of any of phone. A phone cannot function without a battery. If your battery runs out not long after charging it or it is very hot, it may be a sign that something is amidst. You should take note of this because the process of tapping your phone can easily drain your battery.

You receive unusual text messages

You may receive a random text message from an unfamiliar source and many of us tend to ignore it. These messages which you may ignore, arguably, means that someone is monitoring (or about to start) your messages or phone. You should delete the message immediately you notice it.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by egbusi1(m): 12:50am On Feb 10, 2017
Exactly, My tecno s9 tab exihibited also these signs before i dumped it. The most frustrating part is data. my 2G data lasted just 2 day max. i did not know that the phone was tapped untill i read this. thumps up OP.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by dollaflow(m): 7:06am On Feb 10, 2017
Hmm
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by Tintinnoty(m): 7:06am On Feb 10, 2017
My most active line has always been in the popular nokia "touch light". So if you want to hack into it pls come and hack it

10 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by dessz(m): 7:08am On Feb 10, 2017
OK,e mean say ur phone virus Strong pass HIV. grin
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by chumakk: 7:09am On Feb 10, 2017
You watch too much TV. Nobody taps phone in Nigeria

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 10, 2017
Edward Snowden things

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by Samanza89: 7:11am On Feb 10, 2017
Wait and see how someone with China phone, having all qualities mention here will believe dis...

All the attributes you've mentioned here are mere attributes of a typical phone sold here in Naija...

Nobody is tapping anything...

You never fight Hunger finish u wan go tap person phone! For Naija here?... Na lie!...

Tap ko, pump ni....

28 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by Gbemini(m): 7:11am On Feb 10, 2017
Nice 1,but I don't care if anybody tapped my phone or not and I dey call to abuse buhari everyday so I dey expect DSS.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 10, 2017
Story story!

Anyone who's tapping someone's phone here is.....
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by abumeinben(m): 7:12am On Feb 10, 2017
Nothing can be more annoying than the virus called Adware!

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by akereconfi: 7:13am On Feb 10, 2017
chumakk:

I do
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by Philemhon(m): 7:13am On Feb 10, 2017
I receives unsual messages from 38528 what does that mean?

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by sakalisis(m): 7:17am On Feb 10, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by JONITEZ(m): 7:17am On Feb 10, 2017
Fantastic info, meanwhile check out my signature.
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by Thisis2raw(m): 7:25am On Feb 10, 2017
My governor Wike needs to read this
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by austinereds(m): 7:29am On Feb 10, 2017
funny. very funny well OP. it might be true. u can never be too sure.
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by amazon14: 7:29am On Feb 10, 2017
Thank you Op
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by softtouch2(m): 7:30am On Feb 10, 2017
Glo and Airtel must have tapped my phone. Keep receiving unsolicited messages and calls from both with random numbers.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by nastykid: 7:32am On Feb 10, 2017
I just did a research on this yesterday ...
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by dopedealer(m): 7:37am On Feb 10, 2017
egbusi1:
Exactly

Which one be exactly
Has your phone been tapped b4 ?
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by jeeqaa7(m): 7:37am On Feb 10, 2017
Na so
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by princeabdulkpt(m): 7:41am On Feb 10, 2017
na only problem u dey mention no solution. smh
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by caesaraba(m): 7:42am On Feb 10, 2017
Jan bless me torchlight phone.
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by ipobarecriminals: 7:47am On Feb 10, 2017
u should @ least add ur source. Abi nor bi from punchng u lift this?
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by Fabulousb36(f): 8:12am On Feb 10, 2017
How do u stop it?
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by Blurryface(m): 8:16am On Feb 10, 2017
chumakk:

Dude, Wake Up.

My Girlfriend Was So Possessive And Insecure That She Tapped My Phone.

She Received All My Message From Whatsapp To Instamessage, Bank Alerts, She Eavesdropped On My Calls, Monitored My Locations And All That.

I Knew It But Didn't Do Jack About It Because I Wanted Her To Satisfy Her Curiosity Till She Became The Cat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by AgamaHub: 8:24am On Feb 10, 2017
Real
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 10, 2017
The wire
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by nkpommpko(m): 8:55am On Feb 10, 2017
So how do you solve it
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by nyassi35: 8:56am On Feb 10, 2017
coma hack na shebi till u hear wetin u no suppose hear den

(1) (2) (Reply)

Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World / Etisalat Sues MTN Over Visafone Acquisition / MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.