Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? (9804 Views)

Engineering Jobs Available 2017 / Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. / Entry Level Metallurgical And Mechanical Engineers Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Profitboss(m): 7:12am On May 23, 2015
dipopooo:

You see! U talked as if u graduated with a 2.1 or first class no offence ooo. I will contact u thru nairaland 4 any available space

You can see you are just posting just because u want cheap popularity! Having 2.2 as an engr graduate doesn't rule one out of employment. Although u might miss out some Oil & Gas opportunities. But my sister brace up urself n look beyond ur grade, ur course of study! Redefine urself, weigh the opportunities b4 u. Who says you can't be a successful salesperson, business women, etc. If u get chance to practice ur profession then go it n if not, re-package urself n move on!
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by basketbrain(m): 3:22pm On May 24, 2015
stanleychi:
Met/Mat Engrg is the mother of engineering and am so proud to have my ist degree in it. It is one of the most difficult courses in nigerian universities. Having 2.2 in it and from ABU is a good grade. I did my Nysc in ABU in met mat departmt so I know what am saying. For the person that open dis trend send ur CV to my email. I will talk to some senior colleagues in the field about You. t.chieke@jmglimited.com

oboy civil engineering is!

1 Like

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by transbut5(m): 6:04pm On May 24, 2015
bbeautylik:
I never said 2.2 was depriving from getting a job..... Besides who had a first class in metallurgical?...... And you sounds so familiar who are you please?
Rabiu onoruoizer. Your course mate. I said U07 first class i.e U07 in general
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by francizy(m): 6:15am On May 27, 2015
dipopooo:

You see! U talked as if u graduated with a 2.1 or first class no offence ooo. I will contact u thru nairaland 4 any available space

I graduated with 2.1, same class as the poster, I've not gotten a job yet and I have decided to stop applying for jobs and think towards owning my own business. So it's not just about the grades. Some other factors can deter one from getting what s/he wants.

3 Likes

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by francizy(m): 6:21am On May 27, 2015
transbut5:
Hahahahaha Teeema how u dey na. You lamented about your 2.2 depriving you of jobs. Do u know that most of those U07 that graduated with first class are still jobless? Just 12percent of the entire U07 2.1 are working? Infact Babaye had 2.2 but he works with the federal ministry of mining and steel right now. I know of about 3 mechanical guys working with Ajaokuta steel company limited and they all got 2.2.
2.2 is a low grade agreed, but it won't hinder your progress.
I will advice you to build more on your career, make yourself more employable by acquiring other relevant skills. I do more of mechanical and electrical work in my current place of work despite the fact that I'm a metallurgical engineer.
Finally, since the incoming administration promised to focus on mining, I will advise you to send your CV to Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited and National Iron Ore Mining Company Itakpe, I heard they're accepting CV. Good luck and don't loose hope.

And what if you help us do that eh, Onorizer? cheesy

That Itakpe job no go be here oh, person go work with primary, secondary crushers and grinders.. Heheheh, make I push my CV? grin
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by francizy(m): 6:23am On May 27, 2015
stanleychi:
Met/Mat Engrg is the mother of engineering and am so proud to have my ist degree in it. It is one of the most difficult courses in nigerian universities. Having 2.2 in it and from ABU is a good grade. I did my Nysc in ABU in met mat departmt so I know what am saying. For the person that open dis trend send ur CV to my email. I will talk to some senior colleagues in the field about You. t.chieke@jmglimited.com

Can I send mine too?
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by transbut5(m): 7:53am On May 27, 2015
[quote author=francizy post=34129471]

And what if you help us do that eh, Onorizer? cheesy

That Itakpe job no go be here oh, person go work with primary, secondary crushers and grinders.. Heheheh, make I push my CV? grin[/quote
Ebuka hmm na preliminary u mention so oooo all those concentrating machines, screener Infact all the iron ore processing machine there ooo but them don corrode die
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by francizy(m): 8:16am On May 27, 2015
transbut5:
Ebuka hmm na preliminary u mention so oooo all those concentrating machines, screener Infact all the iron ore processing machine there ooo but them don corrode die

They can be fixed na.. But this country useless oh! Since 1980s na im dem set up these stuffs and all of them machines dey dia dey waste.. What a pity!
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Nobody: 11:06am On May 27, 2015
bbeautylik:
It saddens me after all the stress i went through studying this course..... As a female I am highly discouraged.
tho, the steel company is not as functional as it should be, there are loads of tubular companies servicing the oil industry. These companies do employ graduates in this discipline.
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by bbeautylik(f): 7:26pm On Aug 19, 2015
taiwolusol:
When you graduate with a 2.2 from schools like Covenant, Redeemers, Hallmark, Bowen and the like you know you are ditso dumb, like GE* DUMB. grin grin

But when you graduate with a 2.2 from schools like ABU, UI, Lautech, Ambrose Ali and the likes, you go with your head up high.

The OP need to only keep pushing. Never believe you can't because at the very end, only you stand between you and your fulfillment
thanks
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 20, 2015
Honestly speaking, the only area Met & Mat is appreciated is oil and gas. Just go and do welding engineering course.. I bet you, you will buy Bentley after 3 years of working. The problem here now is lack of information. When u started studying met and mat, which companies were you willing to work for. Hurry now and do welding professional courses, you will become hot cake.

For those saying met $ mat and mechanical are the same. Na blatant lie. Met and mat is just a branch of mechanical engineering. I learned met and mat in the course of practising Mechanical engineering.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by bollify(m): 7:44am On Aug 20, 2015
Engrpj:

My Frnd, Theory of Machines is the Name for Text Book of Machine Design

Theory of machine and machine design are so different sir.
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by cy22me(m): 3:36pm On Jan 26, 2016
My sister don't feel discouraged, I studied Welding &fabrication Engineering. I do apply to any related engineering jobs apart from civil Engineering keep pushing
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 26, 2016
By d special grace of d almighty,I am a mechanical engineering graduate n v also finished my youth service. I stay in river state and currently working in a private school Buh about quitting in d next few wks(pls don't advice me not to cos you might not really understand what I v passed through)..

I have worked in not less than 5 schools n v come to conclude with d following;
1. Private schools are just forums for 'use and dump' of graduates from average families n ain't gat connection.
2. School work can be tedious especially when Ur boss is a lady or a woman. She never sees anything good in you as a young man.
3. They will always expect you to work with Ur last strenght Buh at d end of d month,to pay is a very big problem. For example,where am working now will never pay you till you go n beg for Ur salaries for many days into d new month,except that you will receive Ur salary at middle of d new month,in some cases,they owe 2-3 months(just like they owed us from July to September 2015)
4. Private schools can never afford to loose you inasmuch they also wouldn't treat yu like a human from a family just like them.

After some thrashy situations I v gone through in life in the name of struggling for survival,I v made up my mind to quit my present workplace(no going back).
I v tried everything to endure Buh things keep getting worse. Mind you,I v worked there now for almost 14months now..
Am not here to seek for an advice Buh to announce it publicly that I need a new job(I can still consider a school job only if I can v a rest of mind doing the work)

I stay currently at choba portharcourt.. So if you v any job for me even if it demands relocation(I don't v any problem with that),kindly link me up.. My contact is on my profile..

Thanks n may God bless yu

2 Likes

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Dminister(m): 4:19pm On Jan 26, 2016
Engrpj:

My dear, Academically, 2.2 is a poor grade in Engineering in this present Time, But Destiny Will always find its way.....!

Yes because many bribed their way to have 2.1, we now render 2.2 as a poor grade.
We all passed through the four walls of university and we know how 2.1 is gotten through different means.
I know of colleagues who bought theirs but today they know the difference btween holding good grade and intellectual capability.
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by faith2ogesco(m): 10:28am On Mar 02, 2016
dipopooo:

bros pls contact me o. 2.1 futo mme
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by faith2ogesco(m): 10:31am On Mar 02, 2016
Honestly speaking, the only area Met & Mat is appreciated is oil and gas. Just go and do welding engineering course.. I bet you, you will buy Bentley after 3 years of working. The problem here now is lack of information. When u started studying met and mat, which companies were you willing to work for. Hurry now and do welding professional courses, you will become hot cake.

For those saying met $ mat and mechanical are the same. Na blatant lie. Met and mat is just a branch of mechanical engineering. I learned met and mat in the course of practising Mechanical engineering.
where d money na
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Mekzmoney(m): 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
Dear, I dnt knw if u ve finally goten a job. All u need to do is to volunteer in any engineering private company just to hav a litle experience in d engineering field.
bbeautylik:
It saddens me after all the stress i went through studying this course..... As a female I am highly discouraged.
I studied met/mats too 4rm polytechnic, couldn't get a job 4 like a year and I finally volunteered and wrked as a weldin supervisor. Now I got a job in a steel firm as a production supervisor were ther produce anodes. So dnt loose hope dear.

1 Like

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by bbeautylik(f): 3:01pm On Feb 07, 2017
Mekzmoney:
Dear, I dnt knw if u ve finally goten a job. All u need to do is to volunteer in any engineering private company just to hav a litle experience in d engineering field.I studied met/mats too 4rm polytechnic, couldn't get a job 4 like a year and I finally volunteered and wrked as a weldin supervisor. Now I got a job in a steel firm as a production supervisor were ther produce anodes. So dnt loose hope dear.
please link me
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by ehis05(m): 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2017
the truth is even those with 2:1 in other engineering field still find it difficult getting a job. Your grade shouldn't be a thing of discontent. We all went through school and saw "dull" people graduating with better grades than d intelligent 1ce. So keep searching, keep getting better at your chosen field, when the opportunity comes grab it with both hands and at the end u wil have every course to b happy at that which u believe in. Stay blessed

1 Like

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by groovie(m): 5:13pm On Feb 07, 2017
Op try to do NDT if u can its perfect with ur course
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by xtivin(m): 7:04pm On Feb 07, 2017
Try federal Engineering agencies and most importantly God first. Don't be discouraged, 2.2 is not a bad grade what's important is your grade before God...am sure when Joseph became Prime minister there where firstclass graduates in Egypt. Am a living testimony to God's work,seek God not man,This january I and my wife got a Job that even men that knows men men couldn't get without knowing anybody, we were least among the odds..Just seek God.God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Mekzmoney(m): 11:44am On Feb 27, 2017
Kkkkk... what did u study and where is ur location?

bbeautylik:
please link me
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by bbeautylik(f): 12:00pm On Feb 27, 2017
Mekzmoney:
Kkkkk... what did u study and where is ur location?

Metallurgical and Materials Engineering. location. Niger state but can relocate anywhere

1 Like

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2017
I salute all my senior colleagues here.. I was part of the U11 met n mats Eng set frm ABU zaria too.graduated last year. 2.2 class of degree
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Ayopercent(m): 1:58pm On Feb 27, 2017
groovie:
Op try to do NDT if u can its perfect with ur course
Pls do u hv d idea of d cost of doing NDT and where to do it...

1 Like

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by H2Ossss(m): 8:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
When you graduate with a 2.2 from schools like Covenant, Redeemers, Hallmark, Bowen and the like you know you are ditso dumb, like GE* DUMB. grin grin

But when you graduate with a 2.2 from schools like ABU, UI, Lautech, Ambrose Ali and the likes, you go with your head up high.

The OP need to only keep pushing. Never believe you can't because at the very end, only you stand between you and your fulfillment
Did u mention ambrose Alli? grin anyway... 2.2 na 2.2
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by H2Ossss(m): 8:16pm On Feb 28, 2017
faith2ogesco:
where d money na

My boss... Where you go hide na? Remember me? "Dangote... Bank..." Guess that should ring a bell
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Mekzmoney(m): 8:47am On Apr 09, 2017
What do u really wanna discus with me? Text me on whatsapp 08063178870
bbeautylik:
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering. location. Niger state but can relocate anywhere
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by faith2ogesco(m): 7:11am On Sep 01, 2017
H2Ossss:

My boss... Where you go hide na? Remember me? "Dangote... Bank..." Guess that should ring a bell
ya I do. Been a while
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by bbeautylik(f): 9:41am On Nov 06, 2019
And yes I finally got a Federal teaching job but still the pay isn't encouraging even with the new minimum wage it still a peanut....but with the advantage that it is pensionable

Oh God I want to be an Engineer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Access Bank Recruitment Conditions / Fidelity Bank Aptitude Test. What To Expect??? / Jumia Nigeria Job Recruitment (7 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.