Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States (38157 Views)

Unpaid Salaries: Strike Looms In 32 Tertiary Institutions / Unpaid Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States / 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:46am On May 22, 2015
I am proud of Anambra the governor is not owning my mom any kobo. Obiano impressed my uncle by paying his gratuity and pensions own by the pervious administrations that he decided to dump APC to join APGA. Anambra adigo mma

10 Likes

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by asha80(m): 8:51am On May 22, 2015
Remarkable:

I think we have already agreed to disagree on whom the worst administration in Nigeria belongs to: you say its Abia and I say it is Imo; you can not convince me and I can not make you change your mind, so that is that one.

I was making a point on the size of the labor force between Abia and Enugu, if you calmed down and read my post carefully, you would have gotten the point that just eluded you. If Enugu sacks everyone that is a non-indigene, and Abia absorbes more civil servants, which state will have a higher labor force? I wu nwa ntakiri that I have to break things down like this for you?

.. and do you really want me to list the medical projects of T.A. Orji for you? it would not make you change your mind one bit, so why should I bother; I will be willing to indulge someone else, not you that jumps to a conclusion with minute evidence and pretty much a closed mind. How was your night btw?
even abians admit that the Imo administration is better than the abia own no argument on that one..give the the numbers that prove that Enugu workforce Is less than abia workforce rather than base it on one state sacking or receiving workers whether indigene or non...almost everyone that has ties to abia or being there or lives there knows it is probably the worst governed state in the country so no use of your perception...dont bother asking my night unless you are gay

4 Likes

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Nobody: 8:51am On May 22, 2015
Zamfara state is owing workers 2 months salary.
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Nobody: 9:02am On May 22, 2015
Remarkable:

Yes, Abia state has a higher workforce than Enugu, and three-quarters of them are from other states; not to mention that Enugu state in the mid '90s sacked non-indigenes from Enugu state and Abia state absorbed them into its fold.

Finally, yes, Abia state has embarked on more projects than Enugu, especially in the medical department.

I have given you information that is available out there for you and me to access; you can either confirm all this by verifying all I've said, or just continue swearing for T.A. Orji while God keeps blessing him, from Governor to Senator.

(P.S. I am not saying it is right to owe workers for one day. But given the challenges state governments face, not to mention its > minimum wage it pays, picking out Abia to vilify is just getting old and boring).

Lol look at this man oooo

Abia state that sacked non indigene and banned ITC from loading in Abia.
Who are you deceiving enyi oko, you invested in health but you failed to pay health workers, shey na goats and sheep will be running those places.

Bring up another lie

7 Likes

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Remarkable: 9:10am On May 22, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Lol look at this man oooo

Abia state that sacked non indigene and banned ITC from loading in Abia.
Who are you deceiving enyi oko, you invested in health but you failed to pay health workers, shey na goats and sheep will be running those places.

Bring up another lie

... so you know that those non-indigenes were "sacked" but you didn't hear that they were called back?

I don't know what the deal is with ITC, can you tell me more? what was the reason given for the ban? perhaps license issue? I encourage people not to take rumors, when you hear something, follow it up and through to a reasonable point as an educated, or at least, intelligent (Igbo) being. I na aghota?

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Nobody: 9:10am On May 22, 2015
Where are we heading to in this country?? O Lord,open the eyes of Nigerians so that they can question their leaders instead of this "my own time to chop go soon come" syndrome. Kai,i don tire embarassed embarassed
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by marymaria(f): 9:14am On May 22, 2015
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by ceejay80s(m): 9:15am On May 22, 2015
If they are not going on strike cos of nepa, then they should all go to hell, na the one wey go enter their belle na him dem dey strike for, ULC (useless labour congress)
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by YOMNIK: 9:15am On May 22, 2015
save us o lord.

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by An2elect2(f): 9:15am On May 22, 2015
This is bad news.

And these thieves cannot tell us revenues were not apportioned to their various states.

Notice we give excess attention to and demand accountableness from the federal govt and pay minute attention to grassroot governance. sad

Am really sad.18 states. That's big

5 Likes

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by timunstopable: 9:15am On May 22, 2015
Akwa ibom allocation is one the highest if not the highest in the federation and they are still owing

And the state is even small and not densely populated

and someoone here will come and say akpabio is the best governor because he built a stadium

nonsense

spits on these governors

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Nobody: 9:17am On May 22, 2015
Remarkable:

... so you know that those non-indigenes were "sacked" but you didn't hear that they were called back?

I don't know what the deal is with ITC, can you tell me more? what was the reason given for the ban? perhaps license issue? I encourage people not to take rumors, when you hear something, follow it up and through to a reasonable point as an educated, or at least, intelligent (Igbo) being. I na aghota?

Why should you sack non indegenes, are them the causes of your maladministrations and poor governance, they were called back when half have already died while others hospitalized.

Enyi oko leave that thing joor, orji is a cancer

3 Likes

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by ElFenomeno1: 9:17am On May 22, 2015
Disheartening...... I am just terribly disappointed at the state of things in this country!

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by BUSHHUNTER: 9:18am On May 22, 2015
Abia must top the list

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by ogawisdom(m): 9:18am On May 22, 2015
Waaat
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by ceejay80s(m): 9:18am On May 22, 2015
aieromon:
Yet,these states receive monthly allocations and security votes.

A lot of work needs to be done.
Which work?
A lot of people need to go to jail

2 Likes

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by tbaba1234: 9:19am On May 22, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Enugu state is up to date with payments, that's nice to hear.

Read thoroughly, they are owing parastatals,

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by ceejay80s(m): 9:19am On May 22, 2015
timunstopable:
Akwa ibom allocation is one the highest if not the highest in the federation and they are still owing

And the state is even small and not densely populated

and someoone here will call and say akpabio is the best governor because he built a stadium

nonsense

spits on these governors
I wonder if he built it with his own personal money
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by abubkhr: 9:19am On May 22, 2015
I don't think there is issue about salary in Katsina State governor Shema is doing well just like his predecessor late Umaru Yar'adua they never owned a single month salary in the state.
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Ilekeh(f): 9:22am On May 22, 2015
Let me pretend that I'm surprised Ekiti states is amongst.

Fayose does nothing. He hasn't done anything since being elected.

I think the ediot has forgotten his role as a governor. He galvanizes with criminals, advertise rubbish on newspapers with Ekiti funds, and travels all over the map of Nigeria to bend his knees and beg for protection.

Ediot.

3 Likes

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Btruth: 9:23am On May 22, 2015
Freelancer00:
What of Akwa Ibom that collects the highest allocation and I'm sure they have IGRs too. Or they want their allocation increased too?
....and I remember last year, Akpabio was pushing for a N100m for himself for a monthly allowances after leaving office, & N50m for his deputy. Our selfish leaders. cry

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by akanbiaa(m): 9:24am On May 22, 2015
BuddahMonk:

www.punchng.com/news/unpaid-salaries-strike-imminent-in-18-states/
Taraba news is a lie pensioners have not been paid for years and workers salaries for months even those that died in service their next of kins have not been able to get their entitlements for over 4 years

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by hajhud: 9:24am On May 22, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Most of the APC states are owing salaries maybe its because they used it to fund buhari campaign
what about d PDP state did they also sponsor Buhari. stop dis sentiment pls
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Ilekeh(f): 9:24am On May 22, 2015
A state is owing9 months?

Yo, that's a new born baby right there.

3 Likes

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by OduaVanguard: 9:24am On May 22, 2015
Nigeria needs to urgently move away from its over-dependence on Oil revenues and diversify. We have more than enough natural resources that if mined and developed/processes/exported can solve this problem ones and for all.

Thankfully the incoming administration has indicated that it will tackle this problem head-on.
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by ricsman(m): 9:26am On May 22, 2015
dekdek:
The NLC Task Force also stated that Rivers State owes
one month of workers’ salaries and three months of
pension

So Amaechi is just owning one month of unpaid salaries........................where are those foolish Amaechi haters?
u dey mind those PDP children

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by ogawisdom(m): 9:27am On May 22, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Enugu state is up to date with payments, that's nice to hear.

Enugu have nt produced a better governor than sullivan

3 Likes

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Nobody: 9:27am On May 22, 2015
Abagworo:

lt all depends on what you define as poor performance. Enugu city enjoyed 8 years of total government attention in beautification and road construction. Abia enjoyed 8 years of industrial growth and construction of power generating and distribution plants. Between beautification of one city and industrial growth which would you choose. Inability of States to pay salary is as a result of dwindling oil revenue and their inability to increase IGR

Forget Orji, Aba is already an industrialized city before orji was circumcised, no serious businessman will llove to be seen hanging out with Orji because his cluelessness is biblical and legendary.

Orji or no orji Aba is still an industrial city abeg. That rogue must be sacrifice to Amadioha agu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Dreamtouch: 9:28am On May 22, 2015
All blames still goes to Gej, when only 2 Governors worked out of the 36 states

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Ayietim(m): 9:29am On May 22, 2015
This is most unfair to workers who have kept their own part of the engagement contract. It is a disservice and a disincentive to the hard working civil servants who have their bills and those of dependants to pay. Please authories do the needful.
For the workers, God is with you and,...I know...
There are some mornings you don't want to leave your bed when you wake up. You may just be depressed, as a result, you no longer find life exciting. When you choose the option of inertia, the option of helplessness and the state of boredom, you have chosen to lose out on the beautiful things nature is giving the world everyday. So, why don't you leave your bed, open the window and look up in the sky, you may just find one thing that could spark your interest in life again. Life is so beautiful.
http://ayietim.

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Nobody: 9:30am On May 22, 2015
Ilekeh:
Let me pretend that I'm surprised Ekiti states is amongst.

Fayose does nothing. He hasn't done anything since being elected.

I think the ediot has forgotten his role as a governor. He galvanizes with criminals, advertise rubbish on newspapers with Ekiti funds, and travels all over the map of Nigeria to bend his knees and beg for protection.

Ediot.

And Aregbeshola that commissioned world tallest drum in 4 years while banks are coming to take over the state is your role model, kontunu devil is proud of you

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Decoration Of The Venue For Tompolo's 46th Birthday Lecture (Photos) / Osinbajo Receives Osun State Governor, Ademola Adekele (photo) / I'm Very Disobedient: Emulating Yul Edochie, Blessing CEO Joins President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.