Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States (38156 Views)

Unpaid Salaries: Strike Looms In 32 Tertiary Institutions / Unpaid Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States / 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Nobody: 11:58am On May 22, 2015
BuddahMonk:
The two Niger Delta states in SE are just doing poorly, what could be the problem, imagine Abia State with 13% derivation, NDDC, Federal allocation and a city like Abaaaaaaaaaaaaa , a city like Aba.

Theodore Orji you will die fussing, your family that enjoy ill-gotten wealth with you is cursed
I'm surprised a poor state as ebonyi is not even in the list. and akwa ibom and other rich states even abia are there.
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by lasisidblack: 11:59am On May 22, 2015
Remarkable:

I think we have already agreed to disagree on whom the worst administration in Nigeria belongs to: you say its Abia and I say it is Imo; you can not convince me and I can not make you change your mind, so that is that one.

I was making a point on the size of the labor force between Abia and Enugu, if you calmed down and read my post carefully, you would have gotten the point that just eluded you. If Enugu sacks everyone that is a non-indigene, and Abia absorbes more civil servants, which state will have a higher labor force? I wu nwa ntakiri that I have to break things down like this for you?

.. and do you really want me to list the medical projects of T.A. Orji for you? it would not make you change your mind one bit, so why should I bother; I will be willing to indulge someone else, not you that jumps to a conclusion with minute evidence and pretty much a closed mind. How was your night btw?
. You are worst than TA
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by dekdek: 12:04pm On May 22, 2015
TheAdvocate:

Are yu serious?! Don't allow ur political party determine ur sense of reasoning. Amaechi is collecting 13% derivation plus a good IGR moreso that the FG had paid all its monthly allocation to Rivers. So wats the excuse dude?

Dont be ridicoulous. He never said he wont pay. he will surely pay. That post u qouted never stated its even a good thing to owe. The plain truth is Income coming in generally is fast dwindling from what its being expected. Dificits in budgets etc. Surely, there will be delays like this in such scenarios.
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by 9jaRonin(m): 12:49pm On May 22, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Enugwu is owing only parastatals,

Does Enugwu receive more allocation than Abia.

Does Enugwu have bigger economy than Abia.

Is Enugwu well situated than Abia.

Are both not PDP states.

Are both not in SE.

Does Abia have bigger workforce than Enugwu.

Did Abia build more projects than Enugwu.

Are both States not Jonathan's strongholds.

Why should Abia state perform poorly despite having all the economic advantage over Enugwu and your here talking about Jonathan.

Maybe he thinks Jonathan is the governor of Abia state......My brother some people have eyes but are just too blind to see.
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 1:11pm On May 22, 2015
Remarkable:

Nah so...

(No be Job for Bible wey talk say... "shall we receive good things from the Lord and not the bad?" MPT Version, My personal translation... no be so?.. anyhoo.. on this case of howing salary arrears....? umm I'll go with sliced bread, please).)
HERE, IS THE GREATEST FOOL OF THE CENTURY TO WHOM NONE IS QUALIFIED TO BE SECOND

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 1:18pm On May 22, 2015
Abagworo:

lt all depends on what you define as poor performance. Enugu city enjoyed 8 years of total government attention in beautification and road construction. Abia enjoyed 8 years of industrial growth and construction of power generating and distribution plants. Between beautification of one city and industrial growth which would you choose. Inability of States to pay salary is as a result of dwindling oil revenue and their inability to increase IGR
PLEASE SIR WHICH INDUSTRIALIZATION ARE YOU TALKING OF?
More than 80percent of industries has closed than in Aba and Ariara has become a disgrace to Abians an Ndigbo. You are just as good as TA
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 22, 2015
Kebbi state in not on the list
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by maum: 1:36pm On May 22, 2015
BUSHHUNTER:
Abia must top the list

God's Own State
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by philomental: 1:53pm On May 22, 2015
even Akwa Ibom, the land if uncommon salaries is among States where strike is imminent. I wouldn't trust the source, except that it is a recognised paper. In fact I must confirm this from Gov. Akpabio.
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by nwadiuko1(m): 2:13pm On May 22, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Abia state is a disgrace......both the leaders and the lead! How they could vote in Orjis' stooge after all they've been through is mind-boggling! Don't let anyone tell me PDP rigged because if the Abia electorate had overwhelmingly voted for Otti, Orji et al wouldn't have had the opportunity rig in the first place! See how they're all relaxed in that state with everyone going about their business as if nothing happened!......I've always known them to be too politically docile for my liking! By now i thought they would have been out on the streets protesting and demanding for justice!
brother give that state two years from now and you l see
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by christee(f): 2:19pm On May 22, 2015
Remarkable:

I think we have already agreed to disagree on whom the worst administration in Nigeria belongs to: you say its Abia and I say it is Imo; you can not convince me and I can not make you change your mind, so that is that one.

I was making a point on the size of the labor force between Abia and Enugu, if you calmed down and read my post carefully, you would have gotten the point that just eluded you. If Enugu sacks everyone that is a non-indigene, and Abia absorbes more civil servants, which state will have a higher labor force? I wu nwa ntakiri that I have to break things down like this for you?

.. and do you really want me to list the medical projects of T.A. Orji for you? it would not make you change your mind one bit, so why should I bother; I will be willing to indulge someone else, not you that jumps to a conclusion with minute evidence and pretty much a closed mind. How was your night btw?

i beg KPOMKPI O
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by donbenie(m): 5:32pm On May 22, 2015
HiGod:

In the face of calamity upon your God forsaken Ndigbo land, you still have the courage to spill out your stupidity and unrefined idiocy.

I thought Abia and Imo are oil producing states you oaf but here the states are competing with their counterparts in the North.

I thought you are Japan of Africa...........Lmao!!!!!
Seems you're suffering from selective Amnesia,if am not mistaken 5out of 6 SW states excepting Lagos are among the role call of Debtor States,but no you wouldn't mention them,would you?
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by HiGod: 6:04pm On May 22, 2015
donbenie:
Seems you're suffering from selective Amnesia,if am not mistaken 4 out of 5 SW states excepting Lagos are among the role call of Debtor States,but no you wouldn't mention them,would you?

Oaf, read between the lines
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Tinyemeka(m): 7:47pm On May 22, 2015
Remarkable:

Yes, Abia state has a higher workforce than Enugu, and three-quarters of them are from other states; not to mention that Enugu state in the mid '90s sacked non-indigenes from Enugu state and Abia state absorbed them into its fold.

I can't believe you said this.

Was it not the same T A Orji who blatantly fired all non-indigent civil servants in the state barely 3 years ago?
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by donbenie(m): 8:43pm On May 22, 2015
HiGod:

Oaf, read between the lines
Dunce,your bigotry is loud and clear,Selective Amnesia is your Diagnosis..remove the log in your eyes before pointing fingers at the specs on others,more than 80% of your states are Debtors and you've got the guts to be throwing insults at others..#HYPOCRITE
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Dotez: 8:46pm On May 22, 2015
kwara state g ar also indebted to dr workers(teachers)
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by glogirlie(f): 8:52pm On May 22, 2015
Ajimobi pay me my allawee o, I wan pass out o 5mnths allawee no be moi moi
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Remarkable: 5:47am On May 23, 2015
christee:

i beg KPOMKPI O

Sorry, I couldn't stay on the thread longer, but I will be back shortly.
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Remarkable: 7:15am On May 23, 2015
asha80:
even abians admit that the Imo administration is better than the abia own no argument on that one..give the the numbers that prove that Enugu workforce Is less than abia workforce rather than base it on one state sacking or receiving workers whether indigene or non...almost everyone that has ties to abia or being there or lives there knows it is probably the worst governed state in the country so no use of your perception...dont bother asking my night unless you are gay

Of course everyone connected to Abia that you've heard from will say "Abia stinks" because when you hate someone and have been fed with lies and rumours about them, you take in those lies and rumours as the reality; ... and THEN when ufortunate events like the OP occurs, you show up the way you have on this thread and say it buttresses your initial deluded beliefs about Abai.

I know that every Imolite, all 100%, as well as indigenes of other states are all satisfied with their respective governors whom meet their expectation.
I noticed though how you selected some of your words carefully... using "almost", "probably" and so on... go the whole nine yards, buddy... (guess I shouldn't call you "buddy" unless I'm gay, right?)

I'll be back with some projects later, but till then, read the following:

Sometime in 2010, the Abia State government after thorough examination of her civil service discovered that it was fraught with fraudulent employment procedures, and ghost workers menace. It was also discovered that some non-indigenous civil servants in the state that were supposed to have been transferred back to their states of origin upon the creation of the state in 1991 on the transfer of service basis had not been transferred. There were also leakages in the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of the state coupled with over –bloated workers’ wage bill that made it difficult for the state government to meet up with her financial obligations then.

As if that was not enough problems for the state, the Imo State Government then sent the files of retired civil servants of Abia origin back to Abia State government to pay their pensions, a development many viewed as unfortunate and vindictive, considering the fact that these were men and women that had given 35 years of their lives in the service of Imo State, only to be denied when it mattered most. All these culminated to the daunting rots in the state civil service then that required urgent attention of the state government, if the sector must play its expected roles in the day-to-day administration of the state.

It was on the basis of these obvious challenges that the Abia State government after due consultations with the relevant stakeholders in the state, embarked on the aggressive, and total reformation of the state civil service to address all these fundamental challenges that had bedeviled it for decades. Some of the reforms introduced by the government were transferring of non-indigenous civil servants to their states of origin on transfer of service basis, prompt promotion and retirement of workers, payment of 21,000 as the new minimum wage, introduction of biometric data capturing of all the civil servants in the state, tackling of the ghost workers menace, construction of New ultra modern Workers’ secretariat, renovation of the old Workers’ secretariat, prompt payments of workers salaries and other entitlement as at when due.

While majority of the people, especially the workers in the state commended the state government’s intervention in the sector, some cynics and skeptics outside the state who do not understand the magnitude of the problems in the service picked holes on the state government’s decision to transfer some non-indigenous workers to their states of origin on transfer of service basis. This was despite the fact that the state governor, Chief Theodore Orji wrote to his colleague governors in advance alerting them of his government’s plan to transfer the workers back to their states of origin, due to some financial constraints his government was facing then. Till today, none of the state governors that were written to by Governor Orji over the matter has debunked it; meaning that they were duly informed and carried along by the Abia State government before and after the workers were transferred.

But quite unfortunate and disappointing, most of the governors of the affected states have up till today refused to absorb the transferred workers, despite the fact that their civil service system is under-staffed.

Having plugged all the financial leakages that fret government revenues into private pockets before now, coupled with the state government’s prudent managing of resources, the Abia State government recently announced plans to recruit more workers into the state civil service and has decided to use the opportunity to re-absorb the non-indigenous workers that were transferred to their states of origin some years ago, but are yet to be re-absorb by their state governments. It was as a result of this that the state governor, Theodore Orji called on the affected non-indigenous civil servants to re-apply for possible re-absorption into the civil service.

The news of the planned recruitment of workers, and re-absorption of the disengaged non-indigenous workers in the state which was broken during a post-executive council briefing at Government House, Umuahia recently by the Information and Culture Commissioner, Eze Chikamnayo said the decision was taken by the council with the governor presiding.

He explained that the council deliberated decisively on the need to inject fresh blood into the civil service by way of employing the teeming population of youths in order to reduce the worsening unemployment market.

The Information and Strategy Commissioner explained that by the development, those who were disengaged in 2010, and who still want to return to their duty posts can now re-apply for consideration.

According to him their reapplying for consideration would not make them inferior as they stand the chances of returning to their former positions they occupied, adding that already the Head of Service and the Commissioner for Education had been ordered to come up with the modalities.

He continued that the modalities would also take into serious consideration those that left their places of work due to the rampaging Boko Haram insurgency in the North, saying that government had concluded plans to also absorb them into the service.

Obviously, the development is a good omen, and a step in the right direction, because it is not too late for the affected workers especially as their states governments have refused to re-absorb them since then. By this timely decision, it could be assumed that Governor Orji has displayed high level of courage, and understanding in governance. Not many political leaders of today can summon such courage to bend backward in the interest of humanity. Courage, they say is what it takes to stand up and speak; and also what it takes to sit down and listen. Gov. Orji as a leader has shown that leadership is not a one-way traffic that is static and irreversible. He has stood up to speak when it was necessary and had also sat down to listen when it was needful. His recent decision on the issue is exemplary, and a strong demonstration of courage for other leaders to emulateIt is only visionary leaders that can see beyond their noses and act quickly to save situations. It could be recalled that Orji’s government inherited huge debt approximately N30 billion from his predecessor, over bloated workforce with nearly empty treasury and backlog of salaries owed workers.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/11/abia-govt-and-the-non-indigenous-civil-servants/
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Remarkable: 7:25am On May 23, 2015
Ilekeh:
Where is Abias high allocation going towards? Just asking.

They're paying more than minimum wagge, 20,000+ I believe... just answering - I don't think that's a good idea if he's going to start owing them for 9 months...
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Remarkable: 7:37am On May 23, 2015
ogawisdom:

U can't blame d lead much they voted massively for otti n rejected T A orji n his apostles but d votes were nt allowed to count which is quite unfortunate. D case is in d tribunal nw let's see hw it goes.

Buhari won d election bc weakling Jonathan allowed votes to count. If na OBJ Buhari would ve been silenced angry

There is very little u can do to d man who controls police, military, other forces, INEC n ve all d money in d world

How many people that lost election agree they lost?

Don't cry me a river, the rescheduled elections that took place was counted before allof us, cameras and everything... all the lies you guys have been telling did not match the pattern of votes cast by Abians... we chose Ikpeazu, Oti lost. End of story. Good bye.
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by ogawisdom(m): 7:43am On May 23, 2015
Remarkable:

How many people that lost election agree they lost?

Don't cry me a river, the rescheduled elections that took place was counted before allof us, cameras and everything... all the lies you guys have been telling did not match the pattern of votes cast by Abians... we chose Ikpeazu, Oti lost. End of story. Good bye.

So u also believe TA orji won in his senatorial district, well if u believe this u can believe any thing
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Remarkable: 8:10am On May 23, 2015
ogawisdom:

So u also believe TA orji won in his senatorial district, well if u believe this u can believe any thing

Who did T.A Orji lose to? if you can tell me without looking it up or asking someone, then i'll know there was some form of competition, otherwise - no case. if you believe he didn't win, then you would not believe in anything.
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by teasel: 8:42am On May 23, 2015
It's funny how only people from a certain region are discussing this issue while those from other parts of the country are pretending like all is well. No wonder...
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Rooneyboy(m): 10:38am On May 23, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Enyi oko leave that thing joor, orji is a cancer
grin grin grin
As in , no be small cancer ooo
Re: Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States by Freelancer00(m): 11:32am On May 23, 2015
AdamsBashforth:

Look out for your own state you hypocrite!
I'm a Lagosian father and mother side. Happy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Decoration Of The Venue For Tompolo's 46th Birthday Lecture (Photos) / Osinbajo Receives Osun State Governor, Ademola Adekele (photo) / I'm Very Disobedient: Emulating Yul Edochie, Blessing CEO Joins President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.