Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Woman With Eating Disorder - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman With Eating Disorder (951 Views)

Doctors Remove Nails, Pens, Spoon From Stomach Of Woman With Medical Conditon / Lipstick Left Woman With Swollen Lips - Lady Claims (Graphic Photos) / I Have An Eating Disorder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman With Eating Disorder by izuch(m): 2:35pm On May 22, 2015
A southern California woman suffering from a severe form of anorexia nervosa is publicly pleading for help now that her weight has spiraled out of control.

Rachael Farrokh, who is five-foot-seven and weighs just “40-something pounds” and has battled anorexia for 10 years. The 37-year-old actress posted a video to YouTube, detailing her ordeal and asking for financial donations to help her get the treatment she desperately needs.

“I need your help,” she says in the video. “I’m suffering from an eating disorder. It’s a very severe kind of anorexia.” Farrokh says hospitals in her area have refused to treat her because her weight makes her a “liability.”

Her husband Rod Edmondson quit his job as a personal trainer to be her 24-hour caregiver, she continued, and she’s currently unable to walk on her own.

How did things get so bad? “I wanted to drop a few pounds to get better abs,” she said. But when she lost her job and kept focusing on a painful memory from her past, things “spiraled out of control.”

Farrokh says there’s one hospital across the country that can help her, adding “my chances are very slim.”

Related: Woman ‘Sick’ After Her Anorexia Photo Used In ‘Amazing’ Weight Loss Story

“I’m not one to ever ask for help,” she says. “I need your help, otherwise I don’t have a shot. And I’m ready to get better.”

According to the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders, anorexia nervosa has the highest mortality rate of any psychiatric disorder, and only one in 10 people who suffer from an eating disorder receive treatment.
ABC News reports that Farrokh went from 125 pounds to her current bare-bones weight. But how can this happen? Didn’t other people notice and step in to help?
Unfortunately such shocking weight loss is not uncommon with eating disorders, says Samantha DeCaro, PsyD, assistant clinical director at eating disorder treatment facility The Renfrew Center.
She says that people suffering from an eating disorder often hide their early weight loss by pulling away from friends and family and lying about their eating habits. “There’s a lot of secrecy and shame, and they don’t really believe it’s a problem,” DeCaro tells Yahoo Health.

Re: Woman With Eating Disorder by smokescreen4: 11:46pm On May 22, 2015
OMG! Dis is bad,I pray she gets the help she needs.
Re: Woman With Eating Disorder by cmayodeji: 10:37am On May 25, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-TZ7aqObyL2Y/VVyGvbegwVI/AAAAAAAAAEM/H05SaaW_4d8/s1600/sophie-Side-Banner---300-x-250.gif[/img]
[url]t5fatburners.com.ng[/url]

Are you overweight and thinking what will I do?

Are you considering T5 Fat burners and asking whether it will work?

T5 Fat burner is a supplement that is ideal for anyone above 18 years except pregnant and lactating women and those with ulcers, allergies, high-blood pressure, spasm and other serious health issues. People in such conditions are already on a lot of medications.

T5 Fat burner is a 100% natural and safe slimming pill. Most Importantly, It works.

Thousands of people all over Nigeria have used T5 Fat Burner Slimming Pill and testifies to losing weight fast with it.

You can testify too.

Do you have belly fat – T5 Fat Burner will blast it for you.

Do you want to lose weight – T5 Fat Burner will burn it for you.

Order T5 Fat Burner now! [url]t5fatburners.com.ng[/url]
Re: Woman With Eating Disorder by gynny(f): 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
Eating disorders treatment is no joke, it should be taken very serious. People who have eating disorders should seek professional help. Click on the link below to read more on eating disorders and the types of eating disorders.

(1) (Reply)

The Best Skin Care Products Your Skin / How Long Should Women Wait After Giving Birth Before Getting Sexually Active / Health Benefits / Facts Of AVOCADOS (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.