Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,264 members, 7,853,311 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:13 PM

Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg (2120 Views)

Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion / 2017: S/south, S/west Gulp 52% Of Federal Roads Budget / National Assembly Severance Package To Gulp N2.8bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 22, 2015
The Federal Government on Friday stated that it is budgeting N2billion for the presidential inauguration activities of the in-coming administration on May 29.  â€Ž

A social media message that went viral in April had claimed that during a purported meeting between  President Goodluck Jonathan and President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, the President had said N3 billion would be spent on his transition committee while Buhari was reported to have said that members of his own committee were volunteers who won't be paid.

But briefing newsmen on the activities lined up for the inauguration on May 29th, the Chairman of the Media and Publicity Sub- Committee of the Presidential Inauguration Planning Committee, Chief Edem Duke, said it was not true that the transitional committee had budgeted N3 billion.

Duke also said that over 50 presidents and heads of government across the globe will attend the inauguration ceremony of the incoming administration of Buhari.

The one week programme started yesterday with Jumaat prayer at the National Central Mosque, Abuja.

According to him, invitation cards have been dispatched to all the 54 countries in the African continent and other countries of the world.

Duke, who is also the Minister of Culture and Tourism, said: “As we speak the 54 countries of the continent of Africa have been invited. Very many of the head of states will be coming.

“There has been a huge interest, especially, from head of countries in Europe to attend this inauguration and at the last count I think we must have in excess of about 50 heads of state and delegation expected at this inauguration.” He added

He also disclosed that a high security strategy is being put in place for a hitch-free inauguration, adding that all invitees for the various segments of the inauguration will be subjected to thorough screening.

He said that some roads in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) will be blocked on the inauguration day to ensure smooth movement to and from the Eagle Square venue of the inauguration.

He said: “The security agencies are working in close concert to ensure that there is absolutely no threat to the security of this inauguration.”

“Arrangements are been made to screen all the invitees long before the access the perimeters of the location.” He said

He also pointed out that not all residents of the city need to throng the venue of the inauguration as big screens will be stationed at various points of the city to beam live proceedings of the inauguration.

“There is also a plan that in some locations within the city there might be big screens for members of the public to follow the activities of the swearing-in, especially. So people don’t need to come to the Eagle Square if they don’t have invitation cards.”

Co-Chairman of the sub-committee, Chief Pius Akinyelure said that everything is being put in place to achieve the overall objectives of the committee.

On his part, a member of the committee, Senator-elect Dino Malaye said: “We are very ready and we have worked harmoniously with the outgoing government to ensure we have a befitting inauguration.”

http://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/180173/1/buhari8217s-inauguration-to-gulp-n2bn-8211-fg.html
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 22, 2015
Has anyone seen "change" lipsrsealed?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by orobs93(m): 10:57pm On May 22, 2015
Thieves give the money to buhari to start business since oil done drop
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 22, 2015
What is the money for?

For God's sake, the way these guys mention billion for every small thing...you will think Billion has only 4 zeros...are they MAD?

I said 2 Billion for what?

Are you renting the hotel for the other presidents who ofcourse also have their allowances?

Are you serving food at eagles square?

Are you sowing new clothes for the soldiers?

Is the invitation card not merely on official letter head? Or are you printing with gold?

See...people r dying of hunger, no salary, no food, no water, no light, no fuel, no security.....

if you spend that 2 Billion naira on one day event....may God punish you.

Amin

9 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by baybeeboi: 11:01pm On May 22, 2015
it's business as usual

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by Sholah96(m): 11:09pm On May 22, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by baralatie(m): 11:45pm On May 22, 2015
soe:
What is the money for?

For God's sake, the way these guys mention billion for every small thing...you will think Billion has only 4 zeros...are they MAD?

I said 2 Billion for what?

Are you renting the hotel for the other presidents who ofcourse also have their allowances?

Are you serving food at eagles square?

Are you sowing new clothes for the soldiers?

Is the invitation card not merely on official letter head? Or are you printing with gold?

See...people r dying of hunger, no salary, no food, no light, no fuel, no security.....if you spend that 2 Billion naira on one day event....may God judge the people involved.

Amin
do you know that GMB is involved!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by adaybayor(m): 11:52pm On May 22, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by kolaaderin: 11:57pm On May 22, 2015
2 billion for a day get together. In a country where workers have not been paid for over six months . this is jungle for real

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by Nobody: 12:09am On May 23, 2015
buhari!!!! Buhari!!! Buhari!!! Hw many times did i call your name?? Even you

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by Nobody: 12:10am On May 23, 2015
buhari!!!! Buhari!!! Buhari!!! Hw many times did i call your name?? Even you

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by tucky200(m): 12:11am On May 23, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Has anyone seen "change" lipsrsealed?
I just called him now
He said he is coming in few days time

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by Nobody: 12:14am On May 23, 2015
tucky200:

I just called him now
He said he is coming in few days time
undecided
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by mrborntodoit: 1:33am On May 23, 2015
N2b ?

No wonder Naira has no value since it's being spent like cowries .

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by RockMaxi: 5:43am On May 23, 2015
mrborntodoit:
N15B ?

No wonder Naira has no value since it's being spent like cowries .

My guy it's too early now, where you see N15B

Please will they pay the invitees for honoring the invitation cause I am lost of words.

Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by MUMINATED(m): 5:48am On May 23, 2015
RockMaxi:

My guy it's too early now, where you see N15B.

I think this is sensationalism. Reading between the lines I can't see any N2B mentioned except the disputed N3B.
No mimd am jare,na too much garri dey cause am
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by SkyBlue1: 5:52am On May 23, 2015
Culled from the article:

"during a purported meeting between President Goodluck Jonathan and President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, the President had said N3 billion would be spent on his transition committee while Buhari was reported to have said that members of his own committee were volunteers who won't be paid."

So why the sensationalism?
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by RockMaxi: 5:52am On May 23, 2015
MUMINATED:
No mimd am jare,na too much garri dey cause am

Guy how far. Check my edited post.
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by Andromalius: 5:56am On May 23, 2015
SkyBlue1:
Culled from the article:

"during a purported meeting between President Goodluck Jonathan and President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, the President had said N3 billion would be spent on his transition committee while Buhari was reported to have said that members of his own committee were volunteers who won't be paid."

You know these dolts have such small brains they can only read a title and that's it.
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by MUMINATED(m): 6:00am On May 23, 2015
RockMaxi:

Guy how far. Check my edited post.
Yea,i saw it but i wa7 refering to the guy you quoted
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by Nobody: 6:21am On May 23, 2015
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by MugabeRobert: 6:26am On May 23, 2015
SkyBlue1:
Culled from the article:

Are you minding these morons'? Tanoids are the most brainless coons of all time.
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by jorlons(m): 7:06am On May 23, 2015
baralatie:

do you know that GMB is involved!
Did you read the beginning part of the write-up ??
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by Pavarottii(m): 7:08am On May 23, 2015
SkyBlue1:
Culled from the article:

U or ur father was there when he said it, or u av a video of him saying it. Anything that will accuse GEJ and vindicate GMB is what u will want t hear. Don't worry just some days left. And don't call GEJ's name again abeg. The article just told u its not true that 2B will be spent entirely for the whole inaugaration; spent on the outgoing and incoming and every other activity. Is Dino Maleye not an APC member, is he also not an incoming senator. So u think he his working for free. Its so sad, that a lot Nigerians will be deceived by the name GMB! The more u look, the less u see... My advice for u is that u open ur eyes well, support and scrutinize the incoming without sentiments. If not they will keep telling u stories, eating the money and nothing will be on ground.
Gracias!!!
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by zenith4biz(m): 7:10am On May 23, 2015
Nigeria
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by segend(m): 7:11am On May 23, 2015
Hope people can see why Jonathan was voted out. He allows money to be spent anyhow. I tried reading the article like twice, cannot see anything that will cost more than N100million. The invited guests will take care of themselves, does not cost money to block roads, prayer is free, don't know what activities they have for monday- thursdays, but can't think of anything that will cost a lot. The only thing that should gulp money is the dinner, and am sure that can be done with 10million naira. And Buhari has said that his people are volunteers, so where is the money going to?
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by jorlons(m): 7:15am On May 23, 2015
Is it not shameful that a write-up this short cannot be fully understood by Tanoids. While the president-elect's committee are doing voluntary work, same cannot be said of the ever greedy Jona committee.

Two billion in one day; I SMH for this country.
Befitting inauguration my foot.
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by profpets(m): 7:17am On May 23, 2015
I smell dead rat.
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by ShowYourCertificate: 7:36am On May 23, 2015
Oh so BabaOneChance will gulp 2 billion naira. The man has already started incuring more expenses for us. Another expenses would be to pay off the loan he borrowed from the bank to pick his nomination form grin
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by Nobody: 8:18am On May 23, 2015
Let them waste the last resources they can and leave office for a better government.

Jonathan administration = wasteful administration
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by Nobody: 8:22am On May 23, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Oh so BabaOneChance will gulp 2 billion naira. The man has already started incuring more expenses for us. Another expenses would be to pay off the loan he borrowed from the bank to pick his nomination form grin
it is your useless hero that is spending 2b on inauguration baba has no hand in it.
Re: Buhari’s Inauguration To Gulp N2bn – Fg by kenedy175(m): 8:23am On May 23, 2015
2 billion for What? Will they be sharing gold plated iPhone 6 plus at the inauguration? Even if, it's just too outrageous

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aluu4 - RIP Ugonna, Tekena, Chidiaka And Lloyd / Today’s National News Headlines (Mon-29-Jun-2015) / See How Youths Hustle Daily To Get Odd Jobs In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.