Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,225 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion (12255 Views)

Ajaokuta Steel To Gulp $1.5 Billion, Gets 2022 Completion Date / Hassan Bello: Ibadan Dry Port To Gulp N35.7bn / Patience Jonathan At Rivers Golden Jubilee Women's Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by Celcius: 8:49am On Apr 20, 2017
Rivers State Government has said it would spend about N1.5 billion in celebrating the state’s 50th anniversary.
It, however, said the bulk of the funds would be provided by the private sector.

The Alternate Chairman of the Golden Jubilee Anniversary Committee, Chief Onueze Okocha (SAN), who disclosed this while briefing journalists in Port Harcourt yesterday, said they have already realised over N1 billion through donations from private donors.
“We have a budget of N1.5 billion for the celebration, most of which is expected to be raised from private donors. Already, we have raised over N1 billion from private donors. The golden jubilee celebration will be self-funded without any stress to the Rivers State government,” Okocha said.

He stated that the awards and honours sub-committee of the Golden Jubilee Committee, headed by former Minister of Transport, Dr. Abiye Precious Sekibo, has shortlisted names of founding fathers and heroes of the old Rivers State who will be honoured during the celebration.

The Golden Jubilee Committee alternate chairman stated that the purpose of the celebrations was to showcase the history, unique geography and the rich cultural tapestry of the state.

Okocha said the central theme of the events was to strengthen “the bonds of brotherhood of the people of the state,” and set the agenda for the development of the state for the next three decades.
He said: “The celebratory activities which began in January this year with the unveiling of the anniversary logo by the state Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, have seen a fund raising dinner, state-wide wrestling competition, and a novelty cycling event.
“Other events lined up for the celebration include, a polo tournament, football competition, a beauty pageant, and the colourful canoe regatta for which the state is famous. The programme shows special days dedicated for the celebration of women, the youth and the traditional institution in Rivers State.

“A day has also been set aside for Corporate Rivers, affording leaders in the business and investment community an opportunity to interact and explore new frontiers for investment in the state. A special golf event and a biking procession are also planned as part of the events.”

Okocha revealed that as a mark of appreciation and respect, individuals who have made exceptional contributions to the development and advancement of Rivers State since its creation would be publicly honoured at an award event.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/04/20/rivers-golden-jubilee-celebration-to-gulp-n1-5bn/

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by HungerBAD: 8:53am On Apr 20, 2017
I give up.

I have nothing to contribute on this thread.

1.5 Billion Naira for festivities?but why?why do people lack conscious for God's sake?

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by seguno2: 9:09am On Apr 20, 2017
Do we know how much that of Lagos state cost, so we can compare?
Was this Rivers state amount inspired by the N450 million dinner that Buhari's aviation minister offered to Wole Soyinka?

20 Likes

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by sarrki(m): 9:10am On Apr 20, 2017
I think this is propaganda

I don't believe the story

1 Like

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by sarrki(m): 9:11am On Apr 20, 2017
seguno2:
Was this Rivers state amount inspired by the N450 million dinner that Buhari's aviation minister offered to Wole Soyinka?

Everything is not about comparison

What we need is good governance

Stop all this local champion analysis and politics you play

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by omenkaLives(m): 9:13am On Apr 20, 2017
Keeping mum.. Just here to see how the cantankerous e-scumscrubing Wailing Bushbabies defend this under "recession". cheesy

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by Celcius: 9:13am On Apr 20, 2017
HungerBAD:
I give up.
I have nothing to contribute.
E better be propaganda like @Sarrki have said. I weak.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by omenkaLives(m): 9:16am On Apr 20, 2017
seguno2:
This one is surely at the bottom of the wailers food chain; he's inexperienced and unknown to us.. We need better and smarter wailers to defend this.

#epicfail. cheesy

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by joeprince23(m): 9:22am On Apr 20, 2017
omenkaLives:
Keeping mum.. Just here to see how the cantankerous e-scumscrubing Wailing Bushbabies defend this under "recession". cheesy
oga is it your money? i thought you are from benue. nwoke eso ofu

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by seguno2: 9:23am On Apr 20, 2017
sarrki:
Everything is not about comparison

What we need is good governance

Stop all this local champion analysis and politics you play

Have you heard about the words- equity and equality?
Have you heard the phrase- He who comes into equity must come with clean hands?
Please check them out. If you have problems understanding them, please let me know.
Cheers.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by sarrki(m): 9:24am On Apr 20, 2017
joeprince23:
oga is it your money? i thought you are from benue. nwoke eso ofu

Leaders of tomorrow

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by vantage001: 9:37am On Apr 20, 2017
Jesus. shocked
If the private sector in that state is that buoyant, why not engage them in eradicating poverty and infrastructural deficit in that shitthole.
Mad man.

23 Likes

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by helinues: 9:42am On Apr 20, 2017
for what now.. Nigerian politicians and corruption are like 5&6

1 Like

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by helinues: 9:45am On Apr 20, 2017
sarrki:

Leaders of tomorrow

taah, this one na leaders of yesterday.. cos such reasoning is from old ancient

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by momentarylapse: 10:08am On Apr 20, 2017
seguno2:

Have you heard about the words- equity and equality?
Have you heard the phrase- He who comes into equity must come with clean hands?
Please check them out. If you have problems understanding them, please let me know.
Cheers.

See an ipunani youth that is too much of a coward to bear a proper igbo name chatting about coming into equity with clean hands? grin

Nwokem....go sleep abeg! Seguno my foot!

14 Likes

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
vantage001:
Jesus. shocked
If the private sector in that state is that buoyant, why not engage them in eradicating poverty and infrastructural deficit in that shitthole.
Mad man.

At least it's better than all SE states put together.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by mackay37(m): 2:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
omenkaLives:

Base on Logistics i'm also waiting to see how APC e-warriors BMC defend their executive grasscutter friend. [/b]“We have a budget of N1.5 billion for the celebration, most of which is expected to be raised from private donors. Already, we have raised over N1 billion from private donors. The golden jubilee celebration will be self-funded without any stress to the Rivers State government,” Okocha said.[b]
Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 20, 2017
I am sure Lagos State anniversary would gulp N5bn grin

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by AngelicBeing: 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
Keneking:
I am sure Lagos State anniversary would gulp N5bn grin
Hian, if l hear, l will drag Ambode to EFCC if he loot but he can steal because stealing is not corruption but he should steal small and not empty the treasury like Tinubu wink
Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by AngelicBeing: 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
omenkaLives:
This one is surely at the bottom of the wailers food chain; he's inexperienced and unknown to us.. We need better and smarter wailers to defend this.

#epicfail. cheesy
Why you took my olokpa without informing me, l am the only one on Nairaland that have the exclusive right to use the olokpa, so before you use him again, consult me, he is working for me in the flogging ministry to flog sense into some posters wink wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by omenkaLives(m): 2:35pm On Apr 20, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Why you took my olokpa without informing me, l am the only one on Nairaland that have the exclusive right to use the olokpa, so before you use him again, consult me, he is working for me in the flogging ministry to flog sense into some posters wink wink
Okay sar! My apologies. grin

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by omenkaLives(m): 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
Lalasticlala, I doubt you've seen this thread. . wink

The source is mighty credible.
Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by donmalcolm21(m): 3:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
shocked Buhari budgeted 1billion naira for feeding and your voice went hoarse where you were shouting Sai Baba

Buhari budgeted 1billion naira for Aso rock hospital but he flies to London for common ear treatment and your hands get weak where you are hailing as the greatest of all great

Bros I'm a Proud Wailer but are you a Proud Zone B
omenkaLives:

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by donmalcolm21(m): 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ekinematics:

At least it's better than all SE states put together.
What brought SE into this matter or you are having lapses again

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by donmalcolm21(m): 3:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
sarrki:

Leaders of tomorrow
Are you our ancestors of Yesterday
Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by mikeycharles(m): 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
1.5 shocked what! I can't I just can't
Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by positivelord: 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
This MMM-Governor again

1 Like

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by Boleyndynasty2(f): 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
Sarrki all of a sudden you know about local champion comparison....let me see you try to compare GEj and PMB again, na cane I go use flog yeye from your brain.

If the private sector can donate 1.5billion for nonsense celebration, what have they been waiting for to donate and save the poor masses? Wike should stop this, this right here is evulz and I won't support it. It had better be propaganda
Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by nabegibeg: 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2017
it has finished

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion by passyhansome(m): 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2017
This is profligacy of the highest order, why do we have dumb leaders

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To License Online Radio, TV Stations / Naira Redesign Causes Hardship For Troops Fighting Boko Haram — Ndume Laments / Subsidy Removal: Borno, Adamawa, Yobe Roll Out Palliatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.