Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,749 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) (7940 Views)

Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy; The Tales Of Gbadebo / Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears / CASSOCK MESS (A Tale Of The Sons Of Belial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 7:09am On May 23, 2015
The names and places involve in this story are simply the imaginative thoughts of the author. So therefore, take thou nothing personal peradventure it coincidentally clash with any of yours.

I will be writing a series like I titled 'CASSOCK MESS'. Cassock Mess will be written twice in a week and thrice at the maximum when I've got enough time to write. Pls don't mind my grammar, there is the slight possibility that some little errors may occur due to the fact that I will be updating this post with my phone.

I therefore use this privilege to announce to you that you ain't going to experience any dull moment.

Copyright © 2015 Odunayo Emmanuel Ajani
(Niftyrules)
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website by me, may not be reproduced, copy/pasted, published, broadcast, printed, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior, express written permission from the author Odunayo Emmanuel Ajani.

If you've infringe my right, please don't let me see it or know at all. Cos if I should, then be prepared for a lawsuit.

Oduniftyrules@gmail.com

Don't also forget to join the interaction on my
author's page - https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106991526302162
Happy reading friends. I love you all.

NB: For more information contact the email above. Happy reading folks.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 7:11am On May 23, 2015
Nineteen sixty-five
Reverend Mathew Ajayi grew up living most of his years in the United state where he was born and raised. His craving for Theology suddenly sprung up at his early years, precisely when he was Nineteen. Though he still attended the Arizona College of science and technology then but the nudge for the gospel was really hunting him bad. He tried concluding his years in the college successfully even though many offers were brought to him, like scholarship to study pharmacology in one of the top universities he had long to attend. But the burning desire to evangelize God's word just wouldn’t let go.
Finally the chaplain of his college came to him and told him about the trance he saw after a Wednesday fellowship held at the college's Chapel.
“Hello Mathew. Can you kindly allot to me thirty minute of your time please?
“It is no problem chap" he said abbreviating chaplain. Still surprised about what the chaplain was about discussing with him, he thought and pondered on the possible things he might want to talk about. He seriously ruminated over this as if he was trying to cram some arithmetical formula.
‘Or could it be the rehearsal I told the Choristers to let us extend till the following week. Or could it be the fact that I rejected the scholarship offer to study medicine in any top university of my choice? He just couldn’t help but imagine all the possible things the chaplain might want to discuss with him. Coming to his urgent rescue the chaplain said in his usual alto voice.
“You need not fret Mathew or ponder on so many possible things I might want to discuss with you. Though I know it might be hard for you to accept this fact but I want you to take it with good fate and see it as God’s calling for your life. I know doing God’s wish for so many young folks and most especially an ambitious one like you might be hard but just please abide to the work of the master caller”. By now Mathew was already at suspense, he now has no clue whatsoever of the actual way the chaplain was heading. His ears popped up and he listened patiently the more like a student listening to lecture.
“So tell me chap what actually is it?
"Well, let me unveil them all to you as the spirit had revealed them to me. Well firstly I heard you rejected the offer for scholarship in one of the top university in the country.
” Is that true?
Looking at his foolish self, Mathew fell down his head in pity and raised it up all over again in response.
"Yes I did chap"
"And why did you son". The word 'son' was often used by the chaplain to refer to his protégées or sometimes used to address the congregation whenever the chaplain exhorts them. Mathew braced up his voice stood more poised and continued.
“For some few months now I have been feeling this sensation in me which is often accompanied with a nudge to go to the seminary. Though I must confess I never find it interesting in the first place because it wasn’t part of my dream neither have I for once consider it as my ambition. But it was just too repetitive as it keeps coming to my mind, and kind of notifying me of something I haven’t obey.
It even extend to the extent that I keep seeing a young boy in my dream who often point to a glass made pulpit, saying something like; this is the way I want you to go. Not just once, twice, trice or quadruple times. I see this dream nearly every day now. I will actually love to accept the scholarship offer presented to me by the school authority sire but I think what I have heard and seen in this dream of mine is quite disturbing.
As he yet spoke further he broke down into tears and muttered the rest of his words. I just don’t understand why God is treating me this way. I just don’t understand. After so many years of study in school. I just don’t get it”. Moved to sympathize with him, Pastor Edward brought out a white piece of handkerchief to wipe off his tears which was already forcing itself out like a flowing river of water. Within five seconds of moping his face with the neatly wrapped handkerchief, it soon got wet.
“You know I once preached it in one of our sermon that God’s ways are not always pleasant in the first place. You just need to obey his leading just as that little angel had showed you in your dream. And coupled with those nudge you felt always, I can tell you this is the holy spirit leading and that brings me closer to the trance I told you I saw.
“Please kindly tell it to me sir Mathew said?
“You said it and I can assure you that you know it the chaplain said and continued. The lord has anointed you to come into fulltime ministry”.

Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 11:05am On May 25, 2015
Mathew finally built up a place in his heart for the chaplain’s counsel on the reality of his call to ministry. He took it with good faith and ponders all day on his final decision to obey the clarion call to do the lord’s work.
The fear of how to go about Christian ministerial works though boiled within the intestine of Mathew, hereby questioning himself on the way forward since he wouldn’t be doing more of businesses again. He read literatures, listened to tapes and volumes of sermons by various preachers. Unlike his former attitude when sermon is preached, he now pays more attention when ever opportunity for sermonizing comes up. His ears hitch much more and in great anticipation he prays that the Sunday morning sermon comes up quickly.
With great desire to learn he often asked the chaplain how church programmes were been financed.
As the days unfold, as the time kept ticking by the seconds reading, minute following suit and the hours consecutively following its path, Mathew began to gain more understanding about his call to ministry. As some months were left to go for Mathew at Arizona college of science and technology many students anticipated what their final result and remarks would look like. With great expectation many had called their family members from near, far and wide to come and share with them in their drop of happiness. Mathew though got excited about the fact that he will be leaving the college in some few more days, but got excited the more that he will be settling to yield God’s call which he was actually contemplating in the first place. His mind burn with great desire of what the academic calendar at the seminary school was like. He thought of vacations, test and exams and even ponders on the practicality of all he would learn in the seminary some day.
Gradually as the final days in college approaches, Mathew began to see things the way he hasn’t seen before in recent time. He was quite bewildered as he started hearing some inner voice and would often turn back, searching all around as if someone stood talking to him from the back. He was often left confound after he turned and found out that no one actually stood at his back. Like the biblical Samuel he often had walked down to the college’s chaplain, narrating what happened to him after which the chaplain tells him to pay more attention to the voice he heard when next he hears such.
“That voice you heard must be that of the lord’s I can firmly assure you. It is the presence of the lord, so you just need to be ready to listen to his leading and follow it. Of course I know you can’t afford to contemplate following the lead of Christ, it is His lead that certifies anything you might intend doing in ministry”. Like a young chap who had just been told a secret about life, Mathew got excited again waiting for the next time such voice would speak to him. He waited expectantly like in the order of the upper room preparation for the holy spirit, hereby focusing more on how to remember and retain the instructions told him in the process. His mind became eager to meditate on the bible which has now become his closest companion. More knowledge of the word was revealed to him as the days comes and go. He got hold of inspirations on how to go about his Christian ministerial assignment and one afternoon as he yet read his bible the voice came visiting again.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 3:08pm On May 25, 2015
“Listen son, I have commissioned you to preach the good news of the father to the heathen and the whole of my creation. Mathew I shall back my ministerial work in your hands with signs and wonders and up to any region of the earth where thou step thy feet, there shall I make my name known and prove to men that the lord of host still does wonders. I will be teach you my word better than any scholar of the word may attempt, but give your understanding to learning for out of it shall thou show thyself approved unto all good works”.
Immediately the voice ceases from coming, Mathew fell on his knees and began to worship. His soul was gladdened as he praise, yet crying. Too carried away in the euphoria of the great revelation that was revealed to him, he will never notice anyone knocking at his door.
Jane, an African Briton lady who was also a course mate of his banged on the door of his room after she had knocked the third time.
“Hey you wunderkind wont you come out now and get ready for our final day at Arizona”. Jane use to be a very close ally to Mathew, being a member of the campus mass choir coupled with the fact that they both took the same courses. Too elated with the voice he had heard Mathew quickly jacked up and flew into his white sneakers. He hugged Jane and they both flew off to the faculty hall from where all other students were waiting.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 6:18pm On May 26, 2015
Hello friends. Don't just read, your comments also make me feel alive pls.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 6:23pm On May 26, 2015
As they yet walk down to the hall swinging each others arm and singing the popular oh happy day, Mathew narrated to Jane his new passion.
"could we relax a bit on the song jane. I've got something interesting I would like to discuss with you". Staring into his face, Jane looked startled.
She paused, stopping the song on when jesus wash. She helped Mathew's already bewildered mood and added two dimples each on both sides of her cheeks.
"So tell me friend. What is that new passion that could be taking your joy this much order than the fact that we're leaving Arizona in some few moment from now? Mathew smiled again. This time, it was a wild laughter and then he said
"could you guess what could be more exciting and that could occupy the joy of my life than me leaving Arizona? Startled again. Seeing Mathew who ought to tell what his excitement is, but referring to her to do the guess work.
"Well. she said initially and finally added. What else would be the joy for a student who is always at the peak of the class, who has always administered justice to those mathematical equations we all feared. Or what pride could be more greater than the fact that you will sweep off most of the awards, plaques, and gifts which will be awarded on our valedictory service, and even automatically emerge the valedictorian". Replying enthusiastically with much energy and confidence to speak his mind. Mathew replied.
"The passion I am talking about here is greater than the joy of our valedictory service. It is joy unspeakable. Moving closer to her, Mathew drove home his point the more. Do you know it is an honour to hear God?
"Yes, sure I do know that. Is that all what your latest passion is all about Mathew? She impatiently asked?
"not at all jane, there is a million more to that. You know, I heard God one on one speak to me, he told me he wants to use me to propagate his gospel. And I am glad to tell you the Lord has called me into fulltime ministry" puzzled at what he has said, jane asked again. Pretending though, she never heard him well.
"how do you mean Mathew?
"yes you heard me right jane. All I meant was that the Lord has commissioned me to preach the goodnews fulltime, which also translate to the fact that I am becoming a pastor after going through the seminary training which will come up after I leave Arizona" confused as to what Mathew was saying, although clear what his intention was. With a friendly but more patient smile jane asked as they almost got to the faculty hall.
"and do you think this is the right time for that Mathew? Remember, your parent's effort on you and also hold onto the fact that there is a strong tendency that you might be awarded scholarship to study in a university of your choice. So will you let go all that for the seminary? Thinking the other way around, she added. Though I'm not saying you forsake what the Lord has told you if he really has, but brood about this very well".
Just as they both approached the hall, other students were already listening to a senior lecturer and faculty supervisor who was standing amongst them, giving a brief orientation about how they go about the day's activity ahead the valedictory service. Immediately one of the students saw Mathew emerge, there suddenly was a distanced chatter. Such that every of the words they said were already getting into the hearing of jane and Mathew. Immediately jane left hold of Mathew's hand. The chattering continued as they approached them. And one of the student, an average student who though was proficient in basketball game and had won the school several medals alongside fame, yelled from amongst the crowd with great energy.
"And here comes the arizona couple". As if they were having a red carpet show, other students seconded and added;
"here they come the two inseparable couple". Whitney, a white tall slim girl looked at jane in disdain and snubbed.
Jane who saw her reaction instead smiled and never regarded her scornful facial expression.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Degis(m): 10:08am On May 27, 2015
Keep at it. You will soon get good reviews. Your work is really good. Btw, this is my first time of commenting in this section
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 11:04am On May 27, 2015
Degis:
Keep at it. You will soon get good reviews. Your work is really good. Btw, this is my first time of commenting in this section
Thanks bro, I'm waiting for them.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 4:57pm On May 27, 2015
Mathew shook hands with his friends and most especially his right hand man, Evans.
"Hey buddy where have you been all this while? Virtually everyone has spoken about you today and even Mrs Olivia the faculty supervisor" Evans said excitedly.
"I've just been engaged in some spiritual exercise like usual bro".
Evans an atheist wonder why Mathew kept engaging in his enthusiastic spiritual exercise like he had often said and done in recent time. Puzzled to know what today's exercise was all about, he asked Mathew.
"And how was today's 'push up' like? Teasing him again he added, did you go for any road walk, box the air or even take a run down the volleyball court?
Mathew giggled and responded quickly.
"Come off it, you can't be serious. The spiritual exercise I was engaged in is more than the physical"
"well that means you were actually praying all this while"
"Yeah now you're talking Mathew replied Evans. Turning the table round to him he held him by the hand and said, and I want to believe you already said your prayers today too?
"Come on dude Evans replied, you can't be serious. You know I don't believe in all those things you all do. It is simply waste of time I tell you. Driving home his point the more Evans held Mathew by his shoulder, come let me make this known to you, It will be difficult for me to credit any religion as being true or
any god as being true when there have been so
many through out human history. I can assure you that none appears to
have any greater claim to being more credible or
reliable than any other. Why Christianity and not
Judaism? Why Islam and not Hinduism? Why monotheism and not polytheism? Every position has
had its defenders fully equipped with their kits on, all as ardent as those in other
traditions".
Mathew smiled gently. Taking his point and said.
"Well you've rightly spoken my good friend. And I so much love that last statement you made that; Every position has
had its defenders, all as ardent as those in other
traditions. Yeah sure you're right.
Evans was puzzled as to why Mathew wouldn't argue with him like he has done in time past, most especially during their second year in the college. He left his shoulder and gazed into his eyes as if he would want to pick some pebbles from there.
Mathew continued, and you also said, 'I can assure you that none appears to
have any greater claim to being more credible or
reliable than any other. Why Christianity and not
Judaism? Why Islam and not Hinduism? Why monotheism and not polytheism?'

Well all these religion are good ones and those who practiced it are good people as well as we christians, but do you it will be quite unbearable for anyone to let go of his only son for the sins of so many folks in this present generation of ours. What love can be greater than this?
Now imagine a man giving up himself to be crucified for a nation's sin. Then think over this. I can tell you no religion has ever done this.
And I can..............." Just as Mathew attempted completing the rest of his sentence the faculty supervisor Mrs Olivia summoned him forward as she was yet charging the students ahead the convocation ceremony scheduled for the next day.
"Umh, I guess Mrs Olivia need your attention over there Evans said. But I will still need you to complete this discussion of ours"
"it is no problem Evans, we will talk it out later. Let me quickly yield her call". As he stood up to meet Mrs Olivia, nearly all the student accompanied him up to the faulty supervisor with a wild gaze. Being a wunderkind, everyone has always love to associate with Mathew for his exceptionality and most especially his brilliancy. As he mounted the elevated platform reaching to where Mrs Olivia was, Mathew nearly fell as he noticed his colleagues already fastened their eyes on him.
"Please take your time Mathew, walk the king's walk"
"Thanks ma'am" he replied. Mrs Olivia smiled, threw back her fluffy hair which was trying to be a veil on her widely opened eyes. She adjusted her sitting position and continued in her orientation to the graduands.
"I want you all to know something of great importance. You all have made us proud and the college's management can attest to the fact. Infact amongst the many numbers of disciplines we've got here in Arizona, you guys had top the list some good and excellent records that I might not mention now. Mrs Olivia tried to be discreet as possible so as not to arose any excitement when the time for it has not come. We've never seen such a combination of successful students all in one faculty like this before. She took a break in the middle of her speech and came on again. And that reminds me........
Mathew, his friends and other students stared into each others faces. They wondered what she remembered and waited to hear expectantly.
"It may happen that the valedictorian might emerge from amongst you. Without her concluding her statement, all the students except for some few who never liked Mathew for once, turned their previously focused gaze from Mrs Olivia down to Mathew the suspected student. Surprised at she diverted attention, Mrs Olivia said in her american English, I never mention any name yet. At least you await the coming of the sauce before bringing out the saucepan. She continued her conversation with them. There is always the tradition in Arizona at every of our convocation and valedictory assembly such that we shall also be having tomorrow, and that tradition is the walking on the red carpet by just the valedictorian alone. They all sighed excitedly in unison.
But that will happen after the academic council already had their procession and when the valedictorian is announced. She finally added.
So don't be caught unaware".

As she yet prepare to speak, some female first year student in Mathew's faculty, who were still taught the basics of biochemistry approached the faculty hall. They all entered the hall seeing one of their favourite lecturer. At unison, they all shouted.
"Hello Mrs Olivia, we love you"
"I'm really proud of you too girls. Oh what a coincidence, i had thought of showing you an animate example of success. She said pointing to Mathew, will you all have your seat please.
Turning to the graduand she said.
"All these students have made me proud. They've always been the talk of the college's management and as a matter of fact, I will be missing this graduating class. I wouldn't ever forget to also show to you the best student in the faculty. Keeping them all in suspense she added. Though we never know what might come up for him in tomorrow's valedictory service that will be held for them. The student stared in awe at Mathew as Mrs Olivia refer to him.
She continued.
"But all I want is that you all should emulate the intelligence in him, or even do better than he has done".
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by A47yo(m): 2:09pm On May 29, 2015
I hail you man. This story just keeps inspiring me. Keep it up.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 5:37pm On May 29, 2015
A47yo:
I hail you man. This story just keeps inspiring me. Keep it up.
Thanks friend. Your word is the blood in my pen. Never mind the fact that there are little typo errors. It is bound to happen due to the fact that, I'm updating with my phone.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 9:53am On May 30, 2015
The valedictory service was one special event students and some good numbers of alumni of Arizona college of technology will always give honour to irregardless of their busy schedule. No wonder the college's motto reads in Latin; 'Quanti in corde dicimus'. Meaning, we hold thee in high esteem. Lots of government functionaries and top business moguls had also attended her functions and most especially valedictory service in recent time. At any of the valedictory service, the college also witnesses the presence of top American diplomat and politician from around the globe whose life has been shaped by the midas touch of Arizona college their alma mater. Mrs Katherine Reagan, a former senator now a Secretary of States was sitted chatting with the Lord Mayor of Plymouth in England both alumni of Arizona.
A great excitement from students coast down from the core of the hall down to the entrance of the college hall, one of the largest single hall in the whole of Arizona college. Parents from different nationalities in their different colour were gathered to hear the verdict of their ward's stay in school. Every nooks and crannies of the hall was galvanized with laughter and chatter all around as mostly, first year students finds their way down to their sitting positions.
The school hall was specially designed much like an Amphitheatre with a long extended space in the middle. Each of the chairs wears a special cushion branded to tell the event of the day with the inscription, 'Arizona college of science and technology 62nd Valedictory service'.
A red carpet was made to flow from the entrance of the college hall down to the podium where the governing council and valedictorian alone will walk on for a special day like this. Much dignity was attached to the red carpet thing, coupled with the fact that it came with a rainbow colour barrier rope which most of the students consciously question why it was like that. Though they really liked it.
Every student often envies the valedictorian of the day simply because he will be the only student to walk on the gold-petals adorned red carpet.
As the official kick off time draw nigh, all the graduands marched into the hall. All dressed in their colourful wears and uniformed gown of the same to cover it up. The mortarboard crowned it all as it fit perfectly on their head. Afterwards, the academic council procession followed suit with academic regalia of various sort swinging majestically to and fro, showing its regard to the well polished floor.
After the necessary open talk was made by the registrar to the graduating class, the chancellor finally emerged the podium handsomely adorned in his special gold patterned gown with the badge of the institution boastfully displayed at the right hand of the upper part of the gown.
All the students stood up, yelled in great excitement as he steps the podium to speak. As if that wasn’t enough, in some few seconds, the whole of the hall went agog.
As if his first speech was an antidote to their prolonged shout of excitement, as he made the first sentence they all suddenly went mute.
“Today marks a record of greatness as we have been able to climb to the number one position on the list of top fifty institutions in the United States of America that has been able to produce the largest dissertation. It wouldn’t stop there. He cleared his throat, adjust his glasses and continued. Distinguished alumni, guests of honour, graduands and parents of the students of this great institution, we’ve also step in the shoes of great institutions like Oxford and Yale hereby producing more prototype of mega project in the same proportion as they have also done in recent time which will be of great impact to the country as a whole and humanity in general. I’m also glad and elated this day because as we speak we shall also be breaking some great records in the history of Colleges here in the United States.
The chancellor smiled, adjusted his glass hereby bringing it closer to his nose and continued his speech. You all have really done well to this institution. You’ve written our name in the sand of time and I can bet you all that this institution wouldn’t forget this graduating class. With this word again, the students shout out louder repeating the motto of the institution. This time they all went haywire. Seeing the excitement in them, the chancellor allowed them to be fully fed as they rhythmically showcased their excitement. For some fifteen minute they kept shouting, 'we hold you Arizona in great esteem'.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Kevosky: 10:45am On May 30, 2015
Nice one so far bro. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 3:28pm On Jun 01, 2015
He cleared his throat, smiled at them and continued. As I speak here this day, all you graduands today will see your names on the college's hall of fame for those outstanding moments of yours in this institution. You all had made me proud, made this province proud and most especially the united states our dearest country in which we hold in high esteem. I therefore welcome you all to the 'market' filled with diverse opportunities. The students gave a round of applause and the chancellor continued.
I will be closing my speech this day with this quote from two renown men you all would know. I will begin firstly with a renown Editor and Journalist at New york world newspaper, Herbert Bayard Swope. He once said and I quote.
'I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure which is: Try to please everybody.' You just can't afford to do that at your detriment students. Don't forget that, beyond the stars lies an haven for one to sit. Not two, not three but one. So be good to yourselves. And as I conclude this speech of mine I am sending you forth in the final words of an American great humorist, Evan Esar.
'Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration and inspiration'.
Without staying further or uttering another word, the chancelor stepped back and left for his seat. His words inspired all the students as they all stood in ovation, hitting their hands hard. When their hands grew weary, they stopped.
The registrar mounted the podium an led the award giving session. Giving of awards is one session all students, parent and guardian often wait to witness. The expectations of the students were already risen higher and in great anxiety, they were sitted expectant of each words that will be coming from the mouth of the registrar. Had it been they had their way, some of the students would have drawn the words forcefully from his mouth probably with a hook and line.
Finally, the registrar made his first statement.
"All protocols well adhered to. Ladies and gentlemen, I find it a great privilege to be here and to present to you this day our outstanding students in their various categories as we've carefully selected. The chattering that were initially going on in the hall soon stopped and every student ears popped up, widely open and listening for the possibility of been called. It seems though the parents too were quite expectant as they also paid more attention to the registrar as he speaks. They paid more attention as the registrar and a senior female lecturer also accompanied him in the calling process.
"Altogether this noon, we shall be unveiling and presenting fifteen awards to our students". Mrs Cassidy the female lecturer said. Seconding him, the registrar took it up.
"Awards ranging from the alumni sponsored ones and the college's award for distinctive academic performance. He took a long breath and furthered on.
The William Loga award which is the first on our list is often awarded to both graduates and undergraduate student who had upholded the college's motto, quanti in corde dicimus. And the award goes to Jack Harry . Immediately an average tall guy bounced down excitedly to the podium where the chancellor handed the award to him, afterwards did the chancellor shook hands with him and off he went back to his seat. More to come the registrar said.
And the applaud went on loud until Mrs Cassidy called the next award.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 9:07am On Jun 02, 2015
Mathew sat just on the same roll with his two friends, Jane and Evans. Though they sat on the same roll but they won't be able to communicate better since other graduands had been place between each of them. From the far rear of the hall, Mathew saw his parent. At first his father and later his mother. When he was almost moving his gaze away, his mother was the first person to wave him. His mother, an American pharmacist who had practiced with two leading pharmaceutical firms in the state for almost a decade and half smiled and gave his father a nudge.

"Hey Tonji, look over there". Being a white lady, Mathew's mother finds it hard to pronounce his hubby's name. She had meant to pronounce Tunji and not Tonji. Mathew's father who was lost in gaze quickly responded to her call.
"What is it Ashley. Are you up to your pranks again?
"Not at all sweetheart, I am talking about your son here. Look over there. She said pointing ahead where they both sat. Count some ten rolls ahead, and there you are". Before he did at all, Mathew already started waving, shaking vigorously his motarboard which was almost falling off his head.
Mrs Cassidy took her turn to call the next category of award. By now the registrar had called three while Mrs Cassidy was going for her third.
"On our list now we have the Yolanda Comwell award for the best student in Biochemistry and Biophysics respectively. Well as we've had it in recent time this award is strictly for the undergraduates. At this point in time, all biochemistry graduand's hope were dashed simply because Mathew never fail in any of his assignments or exams. More eyes feasted on him and every of the biochemistry graduands who never knew where he was started searching quickly for where he was. They located him quickly, even when the announcer was yet to mention the recipient's name. Hearing their son's faculty been mentioned, Mathew's parent also stare and waited to hear for themselves.
Pronouncing his name well in the right accent, Mrs Cassidy said.
And the award goes to Mathew Ajayi". Very quickly the crowd cheered him up as he also walked up to the podium and recieved his award. More awards were called and more prizes followed suit. Jane was the first amongst Mathew's friends to get the first award afterwhich two more awards were called before Evans finally took hold of one.
The valedictory and convocation service was gradually gathering momentum, and now the outstanding student in the graduating class was yet to be announced. No one could actually guess who it could possibly be. Most awards of the day has already been recieved by mostly, students from the biochemistry and Biophysics faculty, a confirmation of what the faculty supervisor, Mrs Olivia was been discreet about. Prior the time to the calling of the overall outstanding student, Mathew had already gotten two different awards while some other five were shared amongst his friend and other faculty mate.
Neither the registrar nor Mrs Sophie was given the privilege to call on the outstanding student. To everyone's greatest surprise, the chancellor stood from where he sat. Walk up to the podium and grab the mic closer to his mouth.
"This is the greatest award ever in the history of Arizona college of science and technology. It is a great award that has been celebrated with every enthusiasm we've got. You will all agree with me that hardwork pays, and in the light of that I unveil to you the outstanding student of this graduating class. By now every parents, guest and students both graduating and those not graduating stood up in great anxiety to see who the student could possibly be out of a thousand, five hundred and seventy-seven graduating student. In his unintentional attitude, he paused for a while, raising more anxiety amongst the crowd, and keeping everyone in suspense.
He continued. By now I want to believe you've been told what to do by your faculty supervisor, so kindly adhere when the time comes.
And the award for the outstanding student goes to Mathew Ajayi. Mathew who never knew when the recipient of the outstanding award for the overall best student was called still stood gazing, not until Evans signalled to him. Then he quickly adjusted his gown, fixed his motarboard well and headed for the red carpet from where paparazzi took different shot of his till he got to the podium. Mr and Mrs Ajayi were already laughing babyishly where they were since parents were not allowed to stay with their child on the podium. The chancellor challenged the first year students with Mathew's success, telling them how he got to know about his academic prowess on getting admitted at Arizona. He motivated the students to give rise to success and not to promote laziness most especially to their academics. Some parcels were handed to Mathew and later a cheque of five thousand dollars, another separate cheque of two thousand five hundred dollars and finally a thousand dollars. Being the valedictorian, some speech was expected of him to make. But Mathew suddenly bursted into tears. As he cried, the paparazzi took more shot of him and wouldn't stop until he rose up his head after the chancellor and registrar had consoled him with lots of smiles on their faces. He put on a little smile, grabbed the mic and began his speech.
"Today is a memorable day for me and a great day I have always waited to come. It is a happy day for me not because I made a 4.99 out of a CGPA of 5.0. The whole crowd watching him was surprised at this but waited to hear what he was going to say next.
But I'm more elated because I already yielded the master's call". Mathew's father Mr Tunji Ajayi stared at his wife in surprise and whispered to her ears.
"What is he saying I don't understand? Provoked the more, he voiced out in his unfluent yoruba dialect. Abi ori omo yi tin bona nii. here he actually meant to say his child's brain is experiencing overheating. Mrs Ashley his wife who knew he often codemix whenever he's angry quickly intervened.
"Just be patient sweetheart, when we get together later at home he will explain better"
Back to Mathew on the podium, he already started getting the people's attention when he made a shocking statement.
"I know you all wouldn't like this but I am not accepting the scholarship offer to study medicine because the lord has ordained me to serve him after my good years in Arizona which I never regret for one day. He continued and suddenly began to seem as though exhorting the crowd of guest present.
We all have hope. Hope to be great, to be the greatest biochemist, pharmacist, technologist, zoologist, and every other things you can ever think of. But I say to you all are vanity if we fail to accept the place of the one who gave all this wisdom to all for free. Did I ever remember to tell you I was very backward and never assume or guess in my lifetime that I will be convocating today as the overall best student. But I tell you this is the indication of what the Lord Jesus can do to anyone if you seek him first. The hall became more silent that the people stared in awe at the valedictorian's reaction. I never had problem with taking this decision because the Lord already told me he shall be there for me, closer to me and always be my standby even when my good lecturers here in Arizona will let go of me. My ambition has always been to further my study in medicine and concentrate on my mum's major pharmacology. All I've been saying here may sound though odd to you but I bet you good people present here, nothing can change my truthful will to do the father's will. Or have you forgotten what the scripture says in the gospel of John four verse twenty-three.
At this time Mathew's atheist friend Evans, was really moved by the words from his friend. He couldn't control himself any longer, so he soon began shedding tears profusingly and wouldn't stop.
Evans soon began getting attention. Seeing Mathew speak boldly to a large audience, pastor Edward the chaplain sensed his real conviction to finally accept the call to ministry.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 9:08am On Jun 02, 2015
4. Loading.......
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Degis(m): 8:18am On Jun 03, 2015
Great work, my brother. Excellent piece
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 8:40am On Jun 05, 2015
Degis:
Great work, my brother. Excellent piece
Thanks bro for always stopping by.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 8:49am On Jun 05, 2015
Mathew's father, an Aeronautic engineer wasn't pleased at his son's sudden wish to take up theology instead of medicine and pharmacology which he had often sounded earlier in his days at Arizona.
He sat at one part of the sofa, frowned like the squeezed mouth of a stuffed meatpie. His forehead seem though smooth initially, but the grimace he wore immediately Mathew stepped in the livingroom was quite unexpected. Mr Ajayi had told Mathew umpteen times that an individual above eighteen is at the liberty to make his choices in whatsoever situation he finds himself, couple with its provision in the law of the United states of America. He wouldn't want to establish any discussion with his son who had stood for almost some thirty minutes extending his pleasantries.
"Morning dad, I've been here all day and you wouldn't wanna listen to me. What's wrong? As if it was a rhetorical, Mr Ajayi wouldn't answer. Mathew repeated himself again, repeating the same word he had earlier said. And then suddenly, his father replied.
"Nothing, not just a thing is good about the morning. All I see around you is brains of prototype you're sending down the garbage chute"
Mathew quickly interjected.
"No you're getting it wrong dad, try and understand me. At least i've got my choice to make here, just as you've said over the years when we relax at the park. Or have you forgotten? Ignoring the question, he called Mathew closer to him. Drew him nigh him on the same sofa and spoke quietly to him, some erroneous believe.
"See son, I'm also a follower of christ and ever since I knew Him up till now, I've never seen a situation where youngsters go into ministry. Mathew stared at him as he speaks as though he was a bossom friend to Christ. This is just a misconception of what you admire and probably some advice you've been getting in college from your allies. I don't think you will want to do this". Surprised that such words could flow from his father's mouth, being the son of an Anglican Bishop and also a Reverend in the making before he secretly abandoned the church and travelled down to the United States.
Mathew then asked.
"How then do you mean dad? Happy at such question from his son, whom he though thought was ready to learn from him.
"Nice one Mathew. You see, clergy work is not meant for youngsters like you. And as a matter of fact, all these clergy men don't usually have enough to pay their bills and even finance to keep body and soul together. They usually feed from hand to mouth. He sat up satisfied a bit and buttressed his point the more using an example he could relate with.
Come to think of it son, even your grandpa, I mean my father, was unable to sponsor my summer vacation trip then when my friends travelled down to Bahamas, and some to Disneyland and some New York city. Though he is a bit wealthy, but he wouldn't just have enough whenever its time for vacation". A bit confused on what next to say, Mathew asked.
"So does that mean all clergy men are poor folks dad?
"Yeah, you're getting it son. Not a single exemption. All clergymen are poor folks".

Mathew initially thought his hope had been bashed. He reminisced the voice he had a day before the convocation. Thought for a while, and a sudden boldness with which he never spoke to his father before in his life sprung up in him. Though with all calmness, he delivered his words to him. He initially thought of saying something else, but all of a sudden in an unconscious mode, he uttered the scriptures.
"What then shall we say if God be for us, who can be against us". By now Mathew's mother who was also following the discussions and yet busy washing the dishes in the kitchen, finally intervened.
Seeing the persistence in her son, Mrs Ajayi felt remorsed about her previous thought. She sensed the conviction about Mathew's decision was much stronger than what could be called misconception, then she added.

Stressing the last word, she called Mathew's father
"Sweet-H-e-a-r-t. Why not leave our son alone. I sensed he's made up on this".
"No you won't understand honey Mr Ajayi replied his wife. Have you forgotten he once said he wants to be like you?
"Yes sure he once said that, but now he is changing his mind again. That means another revelation to him. Getting more angry she added, but I thought you know this better than I do being the son of a clergyman? Staring at his parent argue, over his conviction, tears flooded his eyes. He bowed his head and went into a sober reflection of his childhood admirations.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by A47yo(m): 9:28am On Jun 05, 2015
Thanks 4 the update, want more
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 8:20pm On Jun 05, 2015
Mrs Ajayi's anger was kindled towards her hubby as she watched Mathew leave for his room. She left her usual dove stage and launched out her reserved spleen. Mr Ajayi had once taught her during their courtship, some bit of African culture and how the mother of the house is meant to respect whatever her husband says. Forsaking all forms of culture she had learnt over the years of their courtship, she came out in her real colour, thrusting her hands furiously into his eyes.
"You dare not talk to an adult like that again. Or don't you know Mathew is above eighteen now. He's got his right to make whatever choices he so wish. He can decide to sleep on the beach all night as far as It pleases him"
Mr Ajayi for the first time stared at Ashley his wife startled at such change in her attitude. He never expected such, just because she has really been submissive ever since their courtship. Mrs Ajayi's anger always left her face red. The grim on her face was quite vexed up for him to behold.
Just as Mr Ajayi attempted making a remorseful statement, Mathew rolled out some two heavy luggage. A black and a brown, tightly stuffed with his cloths and shoes. He pushed it to the livingroom and aimed for the entrance. Mathew never really want to leave home, he thought of how his father ran away from home according to the story he told him. He stood at the door, pretending to be thinking of how he was going to miss home and then his mother ran to meet him.
"Please darling don't leave. You're the only one i've got".
"But mum I can't stand these no more Mathew replied". Turning to her husband she yelled.
"Tonji, you see my son going. And then she started crying. My only son, I bet you if anything to happen to him, I will get you reported to the cops". Still holding onto the luggage with Mathew, she pleaded with him.
Mathew's father knew she can really mean whatever she says. He felt sober too. He gradually moved closer to them, hugged both of them and said.
"Go ahead son. This family will give you the support needed to succeed in ministry"
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 8:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
Saturday

The fresh cut of grass on the lawn made it wear the human punk hair cut, courtesy the friendly intervention of the mower which never reserved its humane service to nature. Gardening is one hubby Mr Ajayi will ever love doing even when he is on vacation and sick leave from work. He cares much more for the flowers as if they were his babies and had often called them all by their botanical names as if he was a proffessional horticulturist. His care for his newly purchased mower was quite exhilarating that one might also be motivated to take up gardening as a hobby. Whenever he is through mowing, he unscrews its parts, get rid of the chopped grasses in its compartment, makes its various part free from moisture and then oil places that needed to be lubricated.
Mr Smith a next compound neighbour who had often borrowed Mr Ajayi's mower once said, 'he is a Garden enthusiast, had he have his way, he would have slept therein all day long'.
Mr Ajayi had taken gardening to the extreme, up to the extent that he felt happy, showing his excitement one day when the doctor attending to him in one of the county hospitals said, he was going to be discharged. Seeing the excitement he wore, the doctor asked.
'What could possibly make you this excited Mr Ajayi. Though I know you ought to be'. And he would reply.
'It is such a great joy that I will be able to make those grasses wear some fashionable look once again this weekend, after those longbreak'

The saturday morning coffee was served more earlier than usual. It was often served Eight thirty am and at times Eight forty-five, making it the first thing taken early on a saturday morning alongside the Calamansi Muffins in the Ajayi's family. Mrs Ajayi really took her time in the kitchen and she left the muffins in the oven to bake at three hundred and fifty Farenheit. She visited the impatient water which had boiled beyond its capacity. She opened the cabinet and stretched her hand forth to reach for the coffee tin. She turned in some six spoonfuls. Two spoonfuls for each of her family member.
The aroma generated from the stirring of the coffee broke into Mathew's room and there he was awoken.
"oh Jez. I think mum is up to something great this morning. I just can't afford to miss this he said". Rousing up will never be completed if Mathew never said his prayer. Immediately he stood up in his Polka dot patterned pyjamas, stretched his arms and went down to his bedside, kneeling to pray.
The screeching noise of his father's mower was gradually becoming repetitive, so Mathew shut his windows so as to help him hear himself well. After he was through praying for almost some thirty minutes, he headed for the sink to brush his teeth in preparation for his share of the coffee and muffins.
"Morning to the best mum in the world he said hugging his mother".
"Hope your night was great darling"
"Yes mum, it was splendid. You wouldn't believe what woke me up this morning". Putting off her oven glove in readiness to hear him she said.
"Tell me what Mathew?
"Your coffee aroma". Laughing out loud Mrs Ajayi replied her son,
"you can't be serious Mathew. You've not tasted it yet, neither have you seen the muffins I made this morning too. Over there she said pointing to the neatly laid Calamansi Muffins in the it's pan. They had all laid gently as if that was their original habitat. Mathew reached for one that was partly burnt but freshly hot muffin and was almost shattering it with his sparkling white teeth when he heard an inner voice.
'Drop the muffin and stay off food all through this day until when I tell you to request for anything. Have you forgotten, that man shall not leave just by bread alone. Stay off food this day and I will put you through what you need do next'
Mathew at first felt bad. His watery mouth instantly dried up and seem though as a desert. His appetite immediately took its leave, leaving him to think of what next to do. Mrs Ajayi his mother was bewildered as he saw him return the muffin he held closely to his mouth.
"What's wrong son. Ain't you eating of the muffins any longer
"not for now mum. The Lord will want me wait upon him".
"Oh good, she said showing dimples of approval. If that be the case, then I will make a special recipe for my clergy son when you are good to go.
Mrs Ashley Ajayi stood yet in awe as she saw Mathew off to his room in a tamed gaze. She was caught in surprise at such change in decision, though she knew it was divine.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 11:00pm On Jun 07, 2015
Chap 5............... On the way
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 7:07pm On Jun 08, 2015
Getting to his librarylike room, with twin giant bookshelves. One to the left and the other to the right. Mathew stared all around and thus, his thought went straight to his Bible. He picked his featherlike pen with ink in it, which was much like a red blood pigment when seeing it from afar and then some folscap sheet to write on. He finally got hold of it, read first the latter book of the new testament and then felt like taking on the old testament. He actually knew he wasn't making those decisions by himself, since he kept feeling the inner nudge. He turned from Deuteronomy flipped quickly over to Leviticus, skipping Numbers and before he knew what was happening, he found himself reading the book of Genesis twelve and verse one.
After reading about the first three verses, he sat down.
Thought over it and prayed he, be inspired of what he had read in the scriptures. Mathew can really be very calm and sensitive when reading any literature. Himself and some other members at Arizona students fellowship on campus had once been thought in a bible class that God has always got somethings stocked up in any of the portion read in the Bible. With this understanding, Mathew paid more attention to his inner mind. He read all over again picking each word said in each of the verses.
And then, the spirit of the Lord filled the room. At first, the wind blew quietly as if it was welcoming an impromptu rainfall, it seems though it was going to rain as, It was almost blowing off his room's curtain. Mathew quickly stood up, trying to help the situation. But the voice emerged from behind him.
'Be not disturbed son, for my spirit which thou secretly requested in the course of your study is right here with you. Mathew had heard the spirit of God dialogue with him, but His manifestation today was quiet different. He paid attention and listened while he recieved the inspiration.
The host of heaven are filled with joy over your unreserved obedience to the wish of the father and now I've been sent to give you understanding to that which you read. Mathew's ears popped up the more as he listened patiently.
According to the order of Genesis twelve where you read, the father had commissioned you to leave the soil of America to start your ministerial work at your father's root when the time comes.
Not here. He solely want you to take up the challenge your father left behind. You will still need to tarry in my presence, two more days away from now afterwhich you can take your break. Don't forget what you were told earlier, the father said He will always be with you'. The Spirit of God said some other things and finally bade Mathew, shallom'.

Daniel had spent a hour and thirty-five minutes, writing down what the spirit of God had told him. From his study desk where he sat, he had written twin folscap and a half, word for word the way he heard it. Mathew felt relaxed but thought of the possibility of him going two more days without food in the morning. He had hardly really fasted wholeheartedly in his life without thinking of food. But this one was becoming a reality he never would think of.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by A47yo(m): 11:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
More Grace to ur Ink.......Still following
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 3:19am On Jun 09, 2015
A47yo:
More Grace to ur Ink.......Still following
Thank you for always stopping bye. Your words kept me strong.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Degis(m): 12:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
Great job. My brother. I am following you like Twitter and liking your work like FaceBook
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
Degis:
Great job. My brother. I am following you like Twitter and liking your work like FaceBook
Degis:
Degis:
Thanks bro. I'm feeling you over here.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 5:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
After he had rounded up his fasting on Monday, Mathew sat his parent down in the evening to discuss some of the important part of the inspiration he recieved from the spirit of God that really concerned them. Like a student before a lecturer, they'd listened to every word Mathew has got to say.
"Dad mum, you both have been succour to my existence and I say ese pupo. Surprised to hear his son speak yoruba his native dialect more fluently than himself, he sought to know who his teacher was. In great excitement, Mr Ajayi pushed forward and asked.
"That's interesting son, since when did you start taking a Yoruba class. Or have you got a teacher that teaches you? Amused, Mathew laughed and later responded.
"Yeah Dad it is interesting though, but no teacher actually. I learnt it from Segun Gray's mum when she spoke it to some of her native friends after we've been served our portion of the sunday's barbecue and I asked Segun what it meant"
"Umh, seems though interesting mr Ajayi said".
"And that connotes that you speak it well now"Mrs Ajayi seconded smiling. Mathew laughed and responded.
"Ah no mum, are you kidding me? I only held onto that simply because it was the first time I see her speak Yoruba in the public". Segun Gray is a member of the same denomination with Mathew's family. His mother is a Nigerian precisely from the Yoruba descent while his father, an American Naval officer.
"Alright Mathew, back to the reason why you called myself and your mother here"
"Yes mum and dad, I'm very proud of you guys. You've been my scaffolder to the very great height i've been able to ascend this day. Mathew coughed spontaneously, afterwhich his mother rushed down to the refrigerator to get him a Cactus Cooler, one of the family's and Mathew's favourite drink. He took two gulps and returned it back on the dining table which was just before him.
Thanks mum he said and continued. The holy spirit told me during the period I waited upon the Lord that the ministerial work committed to my hands will take off at my father's root after am through with the seminary".
For some few minutes, Mr Ajayi focused his gaze on Mathew and playback the last sentence he made. His gaze was more focused on his mouth as if he would command him to spew them out in order to investigate its genuity. Having feasted his gaze enough on Mathew, he retired to his wife who was also surprised though has been expecting such things from her son since he is full of surprises.
Mathew's father reminisced how he left home and suddenly jacked back to the consciousness that he hasn't even for once showed Mathew to his people, neither does he know any of them well, though he has seen them in pictures. He then said.
"My root! Do you mean Nigeria?
"Yes dad, Mathew replied anxiously. Mathew also took a gaze trip down to his mother who seems to be the only person less involve in the issue on ground. She seem to be looking like an innocent lamb all the while. A grave silence suddenly emerge in the livingroom for a while.
And then Mrs Ajayi broke it.
"So sweetheart, how will our son go about this divine assignment of his? Mr Ajayi scratched his head continuously as if that was where the clue was. He then gave his response.
"Like I previously said, we will be giving our support towards him achieving his ministerial assignment. And since you will be relocating to Nigeria after your seminary, then I think in the course of your study or lets say during your summer break in the seminary, we will all visit Nigeria".
Those words to Mathew was as if, a ship previously tormented by tempest finally coast home. Mr Ajayi's final words to issues are always suspenseful, after everyone must have thought the solution might be unachieveable.
A sudden smile leapt from nowhere and hugged Mrs Ajayi on the face, giving her a dimple each on both cheeks.

1 Like

Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 5:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
Thursday- 12:00pm
The sunshine at noon seem though friendly. Its brightness was obviously cool on all of nature's works as they failed to grow weary despite its intensity. Its radiant wings shook hands with the cool breezy sensation emanating from within a stream flowing nearby, hereby causing a lukewarm feeling typical of the seaside picnic. The stream bypassing the Ajayi's residence was cool when Mathew felt it with his hands. The gradual flow of water caused a kind of musical sensation which went on like a rehearsed beat, the seconded droplets of water falling from the nearby leaves brought about a form of feet timing to the stream's orchestrated beat.
Mathew consciously found the streamside to be the best place to pitch his little tent, as he carefully examined a brochure which had converged theological institutions in the whole of America accordingly in an alphabetical arrangement.

Peace was finally accommodated in Mathew's heart after all forms of war waging towards responding to the divine call ended. After flipping the pages continually for almost an hour and fifty minutes with a bowl full of Almond on one side and an Avocado as an accomplice. He finally settled for the 'K' list on page Ninety-seventh.
Fisting his hands, raising the fisted hands upward he said, forcefully bringing it downward in excitement.
"Finally Kingsword Theological seminary, here I come. Coming up with a choice of seminary which was distanced from his alma mater gave him another sense of excitement. Mathew had often said he love exploring other parts of the country.

Excitedly, Mathew rushed in and told his mother who was kneading a dough meant to bake some Cronuts in preparation for the family's dinner. Mrs Ashley Ajayi can really be a good cook. She had learnt most of her excellent cooking skills in the series of cookbooks she was subscribed to in recent time. She never mind staying all day in her well kept kitchen, fully stocked with the necessary foodstuffs just because she's always wanted to serve her family the best meal at every meal time.
Mr Ajayi had severally bragged amongst his countrymen resident in Louisiana that he's got the best cook in the whole of the American states. When asked the name of the cook he had often replied, silently whispering to them all.
'Ashley Ajayi. My wife'
Mathew rushed into the kitchen was as big compared to the size of the livingroom. He rushed and hugged his mother who was shocked to see the unexpected excitement her son wore.
"mum I finally found the best seminary to attend"
"tell me about it darling". Mrs Ajayi said, with her ever smiling face.
"Kingsword Theological Seminary".

Mathew was greatly excited seeing his father return from work. The day has really been hectic with the stress displayed on his smooth textured face. Mathew grabbed his father's helmet and walked with him down to sofa in the livingroom where he first sat Whenever he is back from work, afterwhich he proceeds to his room.
"Dad, I've finally chose a theological seminary of my choice. Mr Ajayi seem not to show much interest to what Mathew is saying as he already diverted his attention to the film he was seeing on the television screen. Mathew shook him vigorously and called again.
'Dad, I'm talking to you'.
Like some resuscitated back to life, he turned his gaze to Mathew and replied.
"Am sorry son, today was just too killing. So what's it you want to tell with me?
"Dad I finally choose the seminary I would love to go" Mathew said.
"Okay. Tell me about it".
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
*Bookmarked* I will read this piece tonight.

1 Like

Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
Mr Ajayi finally gave hears to all of Mathew's intended discourse after he had taken five sip of a cold Cactus Cooler given to him by his spouse. He got relieved a bit from the day's stress, became more concentrated to his son's bewildering gaze at him and apologized for his initial nonchalant response.
"Accept my apology son. Life could be a bit tough when fixing some avionics challenges on aircraft I bet you. I was just too worn out when you turned to me for a discourse". Always inquisitive about new vocabularies, Mathew asked.
"What is avionics Dad? Like an heavy weight champion, Mr Ajayi giggled and responded.
"The design and programming of computer systems on board an aircraft or
spacecraft and the simulation of systems is what we termed Avionics. And I bet you, if any of the computer programming and components is faulty, then an aircraft may not be airworthy"
Mathew note the word 'Avionics' down in his brain and further the discussion when his father asked.
"so son, how about your choice of theological seminary. Have you choosen any institution yet?
"Yeah dad. Thats why am here to tell you about it. I finally fell in love with Kingsword theological Seminary"
"Umh! Interesting. Tell me son, where is Kingsword Theological Seminary?
"Missouri dad", he said full of an innermost excitement.
"Do you know the distance from Arizona to Missouri father asked Mathew? Mathew initially thought his father will disagree with his intention to study at Missouri, but he came up with something else. With his initial excitement fading off Mathew replied.
"No dad, i've got no idea about that". Mathew's father hit his head twice. An act typical of him Whenever he wants to come up with an answer or proffer a solution.
"Well son, the Distance from Arizona to Missouri is 1782.8
kilometers. This air travel distance is equal to 1107.78 miles. So therefore If you travel with an airplane which has an average
speed of 560 miles between Arizona to Missouri,
It takes 1.98 hours to arrive there". Startled at such intelligence displayed by his dad Mathew asked.
"how do you know all that?
"because that was all I studied all my life. He paused a bit and asked Mathew a question. And why do you intend to go that far son?
"Oh no not again Mathew murmured. I just felt like exploring dad. Mr Ajayi then added, after staring continuously at his son.
"I bet you son, you're going to make a good Clergyman". Just like the scripture had said in Paul's letter to the Romans, the Eleventh chapter that; the gift and calling of God are without repentance, so also was the case of Mr Ajayi. Though he refused the call to ministry but the second in the list of the five fold ministries according to the letter of Paul to Ephesians was evident in him.
Immediately Mathew heard this, he hugged his father. It seems though that was the best phrase ever spoken to him all of his life. It was evident with the gallant expressions of excitement on his face. Mathew shouted all of a sudden in victory.
"Eureka! And finally Missouri, here I come"
Mrs Ajayi gazed afar off the kitchen's serving window which would see the livingroom clearly and thought in herself just as she mopped her wet hands.
'Though he failed to yield the call, but Tonji still sees what others are blind to. Mathew sees and hears what others wouldn't hear clearly. He'd really made a good husband too though'.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 Nigerians Shortlisted For Commonwealth Book Prize 2013! / Sequel: Behind Her Veil / THE LONG WAIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 228
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.