Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:58 AM

Lets Talk "WATERMELON" - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Lets Talk "WATERMELON" (9101 Views)

If watermelon is so profitable, why are farmers not cultivating it commercially? / Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm / Lets Talk Organic Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 11:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
Soloxam:
@ Olamimo, this is the second time am replying you on this forum base on your irrelevant and base less point. Pls find out things before you say it out. Several farmers will testify to what am saying, I personally have visited and stay days in many peoples farms just to put them right, how will you expect me to come to ur farm or render an assistance if am not invited, you personally, several time I have attended to you on watsapp, but you know what I stop answering your question when I found out they are irrelevant also some other people who feel they can just be asking or play over my intelligent.
We are not God but we have play a vital roles in the lifes of many farmers including you...... I heard my colleague attending to you on watsapp sometime ago but am surprise to see you writing this here.......
Pls mind what u put down here on this kind of forum.....
Peace........
Look Soloxam, you take things too hard. are you the only distributor of vegetable seed in ibadan? are you the only one am dealing with ? have i ever mentioned your name or your company in any of my previous post in bad form? pls be careful. dont put your finger into my mouth. or else........ you regret you do
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 11:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
@Soloxam again, let me tell you am using seeds from different seed companies bought from different distributors. even technisem seeds, you are not the only supplier i buy from. am using Monarch seeds. am using Seminis seeds,...... etc. i hav pictures on my phone to butress my point. why do you always personalise issues ? enough pls !
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 11:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hybrid cucumber frm Seminis
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 12:03am On Jun 23, 2015
unable to upload pix. Let me quickly add this. Failure is not my portion. I never need you on my farm. Why should i invite you when things are in order?! One more point, am not here to soil anybody's reputation. pls turn down your ego.

Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by Soloxam(m): 1:57am On Jun 23, 2015
OLAMIMO12:

Look my Sister, we only know the distributors of those seed companies. We dont have a SURE access to them. Mind you, the distributors have no time for any other business than selling.
Am sure you can read the above comment of yours and understand it, I know your type... But just be mindful the way you says thing... Peace....
jethro2:

They do provide. They even have a field expert that guides on their crops. You can also invite them to your farm for visits.
How many people call them?
OLAMIMO12:

Look my Sister, we only know the distributors of those seed companies. We dont have a SURE access to them. Mind you, the distributors have no time for any other business than selling.
Am sure you can read the above comment of yours and understand it, I know your type... But just be mindful the way you says thing...
Also tell me whom madam Jethro was referring to?
Pls try and read btw lines b4 coming to conclution, I would have not quoted you if I wasn't involved...... In the subject matter...... Even Pavore mention Technisem in His comment......... Then why don't you clarify ur point...?
Pls be careful of ur altrance.......
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 5:04am On Jun 23, 2015
Soloxam:
Am sure you can read the above comment of yours and understand it, I know your type... But just be mindful the way you says thing... Peace....Am sure you can read the above comment of yours and understand it, I know your type... But just be mindful the way you says thing...
Also tell me whom madam Jethro was referring to?
Pls try and read btw lines b4 coming to conclution, I would have not quoted you if I wasn't involved...... In the subject matter...... Even Pavore mention Technisem in His comment......... Then why don't you clarify ur point...?
Pls be careful of ur altrance.......
Mr Sam, you know me now. l dont disrespect. check all my post, l dont fight at all. l mean the seed producer, not you suppliers. Let me tell you this. l asked a supplier of maturity days of an hybrid cucumber presented to me, the one said 68 days. can you imagine that ! So, dont personalise issues again. this is social forum. Anyway, am sorry.
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by Soloxam(m): 6:34am On Jun 23, 2015
OLAMIMO12:

Mr Sam, you know me now. l dont disrespect. check all my post, l dont fight at all. l mean the seed producer, not you suppliers. Let me tell you this. l asked a supplier of maturity days of an hybrid cucumber presented to me, the one said 68 days. can you imagine that ! So, dont personalise issues again. this is social forum. Anyway, am sorry.
@Olamimo, you know me as well I don't fight too, but I just have to clear the air. So that people who are reading this for the first time will not think it same every where. Am sorry too if I have off set u or anyone reading our conversations...........

God bless us real good.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 11:18pm On Jun 23, 2015
Soloxam:
@Olamimo, you know me as well I don't fight too, but I just have to clear the air. So that people who are reading this for the first time will not think it same every where. Am sorry too if I have off set u or anyone reading our conversations...........

God bless us real good.
Thank you bro. .......... lssues resolved cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 5:10am On Jun 24, 2015
I need tractor for my next production. please help
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 3:46pm On Jul 02, 2015
can someone give TIPS on how to grow watermelon in months of June, July and August ?
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 9:19am On Jul 09, 2015
Watermelon farmers..... is anyone having plants on farm presently ? how are they doing ?.... pls ....inform us
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by saliubello(m): 10:49am On Jul 09, 2015
Watermelon diagnostic tool

Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2015
saliubello:
since end of May, l have been batling with watermelon wahala. l planted late May, mid June, and July 1st. None of them survived. Anyone around should tell us how he/she achieved success planting the same months as l did. l tried on different type of soil
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by olayemifisayo(m): 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
OLAMIMO12:

since end of May, l have been batling with watermelon wahala. l planted late May, mid June, and July 1st. None of them survived. Anyone around should tell us how he/she achieved success planting the same months as l did. l tried on different type of soil

Where is your location?
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by Juliana7: 8:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hmmm, watermelon wahala
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 10:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
olayemifisayo:

Where is your location?
Akufo ldo LG, lbadan
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 11:04am On Jul 11, 2015
saliubello:
Any useful tips Sir ? We are still inching on the learning curve.
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 11:06am On Jul 11, 2015
lf you plant your watermelon in the months of May, June, or July, pls signify. we need your experience here.
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 10:59am On Jul 19, 2015
Watermelon farmers....... how is business ?
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by babakk2(m): 8:53pm On Jul 20, 2015
OLAMIMO12:
lf you plant your watermelon in the months of May, June, or July, pls signify. we need your experience here.
I planted my test run July 13 and it has started germinating.
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 6:24am On Jul 21, 2015
babakk2:

I planted my test run July 13 and it has started germinating.

Tnx....... pls upload pix. we still need update. ok?
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 7:21am On Aug 03, 2015
Morning......
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 5:15am On Aug 04, 2015
lf you have quality watermelon for sale in lbadan, pls contact me
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
hello.......
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by OLAMIMO12(m): 4:08pm On Jan 08, 2016
WATERMELON...... sales is on increase. join the train this year.
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by bidey4real(m): 10:20am On May 16, 2016
Olamimo, please can I have your contact? Mine is 07069502873
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by YOUNGKAHUNA: 12:07pm On May 16, 2016
Where can I get watermelon seed in Jos? Also
I just started an experimental farm from seed I obtained from the one I bought by the roadside. Is it going to do well?
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by jiobestfarms: 8:31am On May 17, 2016
planting watermelon this season of may,june and july is risky as a result of disease outbreak but it has a high profit,for now i will be observing and reading from the background sir, but am coming to oyo next month to start Another one, for now am not chanced only then will i contribute more. The safest time to plant is mid june -15 july.
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by jiobestfarms: 8:49am On May 17, 2016
Back to topic, what are the subtopics you are expecting the gurus to contribute. I will love to know something about cultivation and marketing.[/quote] There Are Lot Of Subtopics In Watermelon Cultivation They Are; What You Need, Safest Planting Season,land Preparation,treatment,how To Mix Chemicals,ways To Remove Weed Easily,cover Flitting,fertilzer Application,maturity,harvesting And Marketing. I Will Open A Thread Later With My Personal Account Jjbest123 For This. NOTE; AM NOT OUT TO SELL ANY REPORT LIKE ALL THIS INTERNET FARMERS, AM A PRACTICAL FARMER AND I WILL TREAT THE TOPIC ONE AFTER THE OTHER WITH PICTURE PROOFS.THANK YOU. DO AGRIC IT PAYS.
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by Blessedemma21: 10:52am On May 17, 2016
OLAMIMO12:
Harvest time
How come this watermelon is black whereas the one I see always is greenish?
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by Nobody: 11:49am On May 17, 2016
jiobestfarms:
planting watermelon this season of may,june and july is risky as a result of disease outbreak but it has a high profit,for now i will be observing and reading from the background sir, but am coming to oyo next month to start Another one, for now am not chanced only then will i contribute more. The safest time to plant is mid june -15 july.
hello sir , can I have your contacts. Thanks
Re: Lets Talk "WATERMELON" by jiobestfarms: 4:54pm On May 17, 2016
Ferraricash:
hello sir , can I have your contacts. Thanks
08102383713(whatsapp) Or 08181479212

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Big Difference Between Nigeria's Palm Oil AND Malaysia's Palm Oil / FG Commences Refined Cassava Chips Exports / Nigerian Govt Approves N10.7bn For Establishment Of 10 New Rice Mills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.