Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? (1909 Views)

Nigeria Heading Into Recession, Says IMF / Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) / Throwback Pic Of OBJ Heading World Conference Against Apartheid In 1977 In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by HonourablePomk: 8:11pm On May 23, 2015
What's happening I'm afraid where is the giant of Africa leading to. First it was PMS(petrol) now no kerosene, no diesel, no power supply. I'm wondering how do I cook, transport my self, iron my clothes. This issue has led to scarcity of water I can't fetch water in my house, A network provider has raised alarm to go out of service soon, Transportation is as costly as flight to outer space. I'm sick and tired of this country. What's happening is this how the present administration has vowed to make us suffer for not reelecting them or what. President Jonathan I want to use this medium to let you know what you've made us pass through a dollar now is #200. Online business is crumbling by the day. I was supposed to get something which cost 13k but because of the dollar issue I got it for 17k. Is this how we will keep suffering.

To the new government Nigeria needs a miracle and thats why you were elected please do something before every Nigerian runs to neighboring African countries.
From a concerned and patriotic Nigerian.
Cc. Ishilove Lalasticlala Seun
Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by Maxcollins042(m): 8:32pm On May 23, 2015
HonourablePomk:
What's happening I'm afraid where is the giant of Africa leading to. First it was PMS(petrol) now no kerosene, no diesel, no power supply. I'm wondering how do I cook, transport my self, iron my clothes. This issue has led to scarcity of water I can't fetch water in my house, A network provider has raised alarm to go out of service soon, Transportation is as costly as flight to outer space. I'm sick and tired of this country. What's happening is this how the present administration has vowed to make us suffer for not reelecting them or what. President Jonathan I want to use this medium to let you know what you've made us pass through a dollar now is #200. Online business is crumbling by the day. I was supposed to get something which cost 13k but because of the dollar issue I got it for 17k. Is this how we will keep suffering.

To the new government Nigeria needs a miracle and thats why you were elected please do something before every Nigerian runs to neighboring African countries.
From a concerned and patriotic Nigerian.
Cc. Ishilove Lalasticlala Seun
Nigeria should excercise some patience,in a couple of days time Buhari would be sworn into office to come and steer Nigeria away from this adversity to prosperity.
Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by HonourablePomk: 8:35pm On May 23, 2015
Maxcollins042:
Nigeria should excercise some patience,in a couple of days time Buhari would be sworn into office to come and steer Nigeria away from this adversity to prosperity.

I'm sick and tired. Sincerely Nigerians are really suffering of cos Buhari and his team won't perform some magic.

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by xmich(m): 8:36pm On May 23, 2015
Nigeria is heading no were.
Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by Maxcollins042(m): 8:40pm On May 23, 2015
HonourablePomk:

I'm sick and tired. Sincerely Nigerians are really suffering of cos Buhari and his team won't perform some magic.
Nigeria wholly is a sick nation but the incorporation of Buhari (who stands for a change) into office will surely thicken the hopes of the populace of the nation,change takes time i believe this outgoing government are just doing everything to make things difficult for the incoming government.
Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by psucc(m): 8:41pm On May 23, 2015
The problem the general public is facing is caused by a few 'fortunate' Nigerians. Have you ever given a thought to why every effort will not work in Nigeria even though same will turn things around elsewhere?

Check these:
1. Generator importers are sponsoring vandals to ensure that public power supply will never work while their sales boom
2. The few importers of petroleum products are ready to hold the country to Ransome by creating artificial scarcity at the slightest differences while they increase the turnover. To this ends, every effort to bring pur local refinery to operation will be futile.
3. Your tears at any of the economic crisis in Nigeria is somebody's double gain.

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by OduaVanguard: 8:43pm On May 23, 2015
Jonathan is giving Nigerians the "middle finger". cheesy

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 23, 2015
its very bad
Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by nke001: 8:47pm On May 23, 2015
Truly the call for a referandum will be highly appreciated.

APC = PDP, Only the accronym changes.

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by nerodenero: 9:10pm On May 23, 2015
When Jonathan became President, they said they would make the country ungovernable and they did as the result is evident.

With Jonathan losing the seat of power,these people are at it again,crippling the nation and holding everybody to ransome.

God wont come down to deliever us,we will have to deliever ourselves in totality. The first was the election and the next is to keep the new government on his toes.

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by babadee1(m): 9:15pm On May 23, 2015
nerodenero:
When Jonathan became President, they said they would make the country ungovernable and they did as the result is evident.

With Jonathan losing the seat of power,these people are at it again,crippling the nation and holding everybody to ransome.

God wont come down to deliever us,we will have to deliever ourselves in totality. The first was the election and the next is to keep the new government on his toes.

So of what use has Jonathan been as President if some nameless and faceless people can make the country ungovernable and he is unable to do his job? The job of a President is never easy, there is no country that doesn't have challenges. Presidents are supposed to be able to rise above partisan issues and deliver, no excuses allowed.
Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 23, 2015
jona came in with fuel subsidy
leaving with fuel scarcity..
don't b scared 1 thing I noticed about Nigeria,they solve their problems when it gets 2 d extreme
Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 23, 2015
jona came in with fuel subsidy
leaving with fuel scarcity..
and some pple still call him hero
don't b scared 1 thing I noticed about Nigeria,they solve their problems when it gets 2 d extreme

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 23, 2015
Though the Marketers thinks they are on top of the world now but i sincerely believe this Singular action of theirs is a blessing in disguise to the country.. I sincerely believe the incoming govt wpuld brk the cartel...
Who laughs last surely and definitely laughs best...
Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by Osyxcel(m): 11:49pm On May 23, 2015
psucc:
The problem the general public is facing is caused by a few 'fortunate' Nigerians. Have you ever given a thought to why every effort will not work in Nigeria even though same will turn things around elsewhere?

Check these:
1. Generator importers are sponsoring vandals to ensure that public power supply will never work while their sales boom
2. The few importers of petroleum products are ready to hold the country to Ransome by creating artificial scarcity at the slightest differences while they increase the turnover. To this ends, every effort to bring pur local refinery to operation will be futile.
3. Your tears at any of the economic crisis in Nigeria is somebody's double gain.

Like I always said, we are our own enemies in this country. Not all blame should be directed to our leaders. Afterall, the leaders are from the populace and not from outer space.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by Crownvillar: 2:19am On May 24, 2015
Osyxcel:

Like I always said, we are our own enemies in this country. Not all blame should be directed to our leaders. Afterall, the leaders are from the populace and not from outer space.

@ Osyxcel, you post above definitely sets you apart, as an objective, deep thinker.
Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by cocoduck: 4:32am On May 24, 2015
Maxcollins042:
Nigeria wholly is a sick nation but the incorporation of Buhari (who stands for a change) into office will surely thicken the hopes of the populace of the nation,change takes time i believe this outgoing government are just doing everything to make things difficult for the incoming government.
hey wake up from your slumber
Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by omenka(m): 4:55am On May 24, 2015
HonourablePomk:

I understand you frustration brother, it is really painful indeed. Yesterday I bought a litre of fuel for N140 and didn't find the experience funny at all.

Poorer citizens out there would be feeling the effect even more. Everything seems to have totally collapsed.

It appears this have become a trend in our polity. Outgoing governments, as much as they can, try to make life very difficult for the people upon rejection at the polls. Remember Obj did it to a lesser extent when we rejected his third term bid by increasing the pump price of PMS and increasing VAT from 5 to 10%, only for Yaradua to come in and reverse both. Now following in that tradition, Jonathan has ensured Nigerians pay dearly for rejecting him at the polls by supervising and coordinating the total collapse of the economy.

The aim of this is two pronged:

1. Make it totally impossible for them to deliver on their promises to the citizens.

2. Blackmailing the incoming admin which they had already handicapped from the very beginning, blaming the hardship of the citizens on incompetence and ultimately use that as a launchpad for the re-emergence of PDP.

Same situation is replicated in most states of the federation. Most of these politicians are desperately wicked at heart.

Nigeria needs urgent prayers honestly.
Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by kreamidiva(f): 5:14am On May 24, 2015
There is hope.
Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by cocoduck: 5:17am On May 24, 2015
kreamidiva:
There is hope.
what hope lolz
Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by Osyxcel(m): 6:15am On May 24, 2015
Crownvillar:

@ Osyxcel, you post above definitely sets you apart, as an objective, deep thinker.

Thank You... It's the simple truth people shy away from... We need to change our orientation as a people, only then can we have better leaders.

Good Morning.
Re: I'm Afraid Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by Maxcollins042(m): 8:01am On May 24, 2015
cocoduck:
hey wake up from your slumber
Continue sleeping in your slumber

(1) (Reply)

IBB Threatens To Expose Buhari’s Corruption (2012) / #projectnigeria: Proposed Mock Timelines For The Short Term / Allison Madueke, One Of President Buhari's Trusted Saints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.