Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:02 AM

APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch (1015 Views)

Emefiele To Senate: Nigeria’s Economy In Deep Crisis / US Stations Marines In Ghana In Fear Of Post Election Crisis - The Nation / I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by prontoniero(m): 12:22pm On May 24, 2015
Mr. Lai Mohammed
| credits: File copy
The All Progressives Congress has said President Goodluck Jonathan is handing over a nation in deep crisis, even as his administration continues to contrive more crises without making any effort to solve any of them.

In a statement in Abuja on Sunday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party however appealed to Nigerians not to lose hope, despite the daunting challenges they were currently facing in “this atmosphere of contrived chaos”, saying help was on the way.

APC said, ”In a few days’ time, President Jonathan will hand over to President-elect Muhammadu Buhari. Never in the history of our country has any government handed over to another a more distressed country: No electricity, no fuel, workers are on strike, billions are owed to state and federal workers, 60 billion dollars are owed in national debt and the economy is virtually grounded.

”Today, Nigerians are roaming the streets, jerry cans in hand, searching for everything from kerosene to fuel to diesel to power their homes, keep their vehicles on the road and keep their businesses going. They are paying as much as 300 Naira per litre for fuel, if at all they can get it. Yet their government is not saying a word about the situation.”

APC said while the “Jonathan administration has arrogantly told Nigerians that it remains in office and in power till May 29, all it has been doing was sacking people and making new appointments as if it has been deprived of the opportunity to do so in the past six years.”

The incoming ruling party added, ”They are not interested in how to end the fuel scarcity that has paralysed the socio-economic lives of Nigerians, they are not interested in how to raise electricity production from its unprecedentedly-low level of 1,327 megawatts, they are not doing
anything to end the strike by blue and while collar oil workers, or to stop the impending one.

”They say they are in office till May 29, but they do not care how workers in 18 states, who are owed a total of N300bn in salaries under their watch, or federal workers, who are owed N400bn will be paid. Yet they are running a budget of N1tr deficit.

”They have deliberately stopped meeting their obligations to oil marketers, which is now around N200bn; hence, no one is lifting petroleum products anymore. If the current energy crisis is not solved soonest, the telecommunications sector could even be grounded in a matter of days as service providers will have neither electricity nor fuel to power their base stations.

“Of course, the aviation sector has already been left comatose by the fuel crisis. The whole scenario reeks of sabotage!”

APC said before PDP and “Jonathan administration’s spin doctors distort its message, it is important to let Nigerians know that the party (APC) is not engaging in lamentations but simply keeping the citizenry informed of the situation on the ground”, with just five days to the handover date.

APC stated, ”If we thought the nation was being well managed and there was no problem, we would not have embarked on a campaign of change. While we are ready, willing and able to begin to address the mammoth challenges facing us as a nation as soon as we assume office at the centre in a few days’ time, we will not hesitate for a second to keep Nigerians informed of how we have been brought to this sorry pass, with a view to avoiding such a tragic turn in the future.”

It expressed sadness that the nation had been on auto pilot for the past several weeks, saying the outgoing administration had shown neither the capacity nor the willingness to resolve any of the crises it had “contrived and foisted” on the nation.

”This is the most vivid manifestation of the old saying that literally translates to a departing office holder defecating on the chair he is vacating,” APC said.

Sources: http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-handing-over-nation-in-deep-crisis-apc/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes

Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 24, 2015
This moaning and bleating is quite unbecoming of APC. TINUBU inherited a broken Lagos economy, Obama and Tony Blair. Inherited their economies in the throes of a global financial crisis. Lai Mohhamed. Stop bleating like a molested sheep and get to work. You will either succeed or fail.
Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by shakazuldadon: 12:26pm On May 24, 2015
angry
Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by oduastates: 12:37pm On May 24, 2015
For posterity.
In case some try to rewrite history.
Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by murraykc(m): 12:47pm On May 24, 2015
Lai enough of the whining, GEJ failed buh at least cut him some slack.
Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by atlwireles: 12:48pm On May 24, 2015
What crisis grin grin grin grin Oya come and perform your miracles.
Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 24, 2015
It was intentional
Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by Sholah96(m): 12:55pm On May 24, 2015
Ok
Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by phyllosilicate(m): 12:56pm On May 24, 2015
This man get mouth sha
Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by ichidodo: 12:56pm On May 24, 2015
[b] Lie Mohammed at his propaganda best instead of him and his paymasters to analyze and isolate the issues with a view to finding solutions.The old goat is about bleating in the wrong bush and pointing fingers, if not he would realise most of the workers owed salaries are chiefly from APC states thus in his biased reasoning GEJ is at fault for owing Osun state workers 7months salary...he would also realise that shylock cabals are the devils behind the artificial scarcity, but would you blame Lie Mohammed for throwing blames about when his party in the opposition decieved Nigerians into occupying Lagos during the 2012 oil subsidy protest thus tying Goodluck's hands in these matters?If GEJ had gotten his way,we don't see the existence of any petrol cabals how much more thieves that are always seeking to maximise their petrol profits via exploiting power vaccuum such as we have now.In retrospect,gullible Nigerians are to be blamed. You protested your way into one chance,now you voted in Baba one chance....It couldn't get any worse.[/b]

1 Like

Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 24, 2015
voltron:
This moaning and bleating is quite unbecoming of APC. TINUBU inherited a broken Lagos economy, Obama and Tony Blair. Inherited their economies in the throes of a global financial crisis. Lai Mohhamed. Stop bleating like a molested sheep and get to work. You will either succeed or fail.
Responsibility begins with truth. We must set aside our political differences to ascertain the true nature of our economy. Things are bad; that's the truth.
LOSING an election doesn't mean casting off your responsibilities as a leader, especially a leader who claims to always put the interests of the people first.

1 Like

Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by pendy79: 1:01pm On May 24, 2015
This nation never had it this bad.

Whatever Sin Nigeria committed that made God allowed a drunk, a clueless, a useless and brain dead personality to rise to rule it, may the Almighty forgive and see the suffering of my country men back home as a cry for repentance .

No nation deserve to have this guy and his bunch of thieves rule it.

2 Likes

Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by skeendyke: 1:02pm On May 24, 2015
voltron:
It were better you just read the article and walked on than add more offense by polluting the air with your foul ignorance.

In the history of Nigeria, which democratically elected leader has handed over a paralyzed Nation to the other democratically elected leader as Jonathan's government? Has there ever been such utter negligence to be recorded on the part of the outgoing incumbent President as it is with Jonathan? This is the first and worst of its kind and hopefully the last. He just folds his hands and refuses to lift a finger to address the crisis sinking the Nation as he will be handing over in a few days.

You mentioned Tinubu inheriting a broken economy. It is clear I must be talking to someone born in 1993 upwards. You're just a kid with a smart phone and internet. Go and ask your parents or uncles and aunties who resided in Lagos during the military administration of Buba Marwa how he transformed Lagos, his achievements and innovations he introduced in Lagos at the time some of which are still helping the state economy till date. Compare the administration of Marwa in the state level with that of Jonathan in the federal level and see which is greater and better. You have google, don't you?

You also mentioned Obama and Tony Blair. I give up. You're utterly incorrigible and hopeless. I drop my pen here as I'm now fully convinced your head is impervious to learning.

2 Likes

Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 24, 2015
murraykc:
Lai enough of the whining, GEJ failed buh at least cut him some slack.

The truth is GEJ is not helping matters. Anyone who has handled sensitive leadership positions would understand the travails the Buhari govt will go through in the coming months. Things are bleak and will get a whole lot worse before they get better.

In hindsight, we could say postponing the elections was a blessing in disguise. Else, there would have been no country left for GEJ to handover to the General.

1 Like

Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by sosanova: 1:06pm On May 24, 2015
grin grin grin they should CHANGE the situation why are APC now crying n begging for Sympathy....they must CHANGE Nigeria Economy for the better...we don't want to hear excuses

2 Likes

Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 24, 2015
[s]
skeendyke:
It were better you just read the article and walked on than add more offense by polluting the air with your foul ignorance.

In the history of Nigeria, which democratically elected leader has handed over a paralyzed Nation to the other democratically elected leader as Jonathan's government? Has there ever been such utter negligence to be recorded on the part of the outgoing incumbent President as it is with Jonathan? This is the first and worst of its kind and hopefully the last. He just folds his hands and refuses to lift a finger to address the crisis sinking the Nation as he will be handing over in a few days.

You mentioned Tinubu inheriting a broken economy. It is clear I must be talking to someone born in 1993 upwards. You're just a kid with a smart phone and internet. Go and ask your parents or uncles and aunties who resided in Lagos during the military administration of Buba Marwa how he transformed Lagos, his achievements and innovations he introduced in Lagos at the time some of which are still helping the state economy till date. Compare the administration of Marwa in the state level with that of Jonathan in the federal level and see which is greater and better. You have google, don't you?

You also mentioned Obama and Tony Blair. I give up. You're utterly incorrigible and hopeless. I drop my pen here as I'm now fully convinced your head is impervious to learning.
[/s]

More bleating
Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by cyrilgroove: 4:10pm On May 24, 2015
skeendyke:

I thought you would be explicit in your response but your sentiments have blindfolded your sense of judgement.
This is our problem, we support someone even when he's going down the drains.
When APC was campaigning, did they shout all these trash?
We voted them in, now they suddenly realize that the country they promised heaven on earth is in shambles, pointing accusing fingers instead of preferring immediate and long term solutions.
On the other hand, if you say they were oblivious of the true state of the country, then they are worse crop of leaders because they would have made promises about something they have no clue about, they would have simply pass for fools!
This is not the time to moan about this and that, this is the time to pull up their socks and work hard, by the way, they called it "change" so they should make the change they promised and less talk.
We all know the country needed a change, so why taking us back by telling us the obvious.
I sincerely hope these people we voted in will not disappoint us because the signs are not encouraging
Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by Beremx(f): 4:29pm On May 24, 2015
The TANoids who have commented so far on this thread are very heartless and insensitive to the plight of helpless Nigerians.

May God suffer your lives the way Jonathan is suffering Nigerians.
Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by helpee(m): 4:34pm On May 24, 2015
skeendyke:

Pls stop calling somebody you don't know a kid...the line is becoming boring and it makes you appear more childish than the guy you castigate. Ok. We know jonathan is the worst president. We agree the economy is in shambles. Kindly tell me, why else do you think we voted for change? If the economy is not comatose, buhari would have lost the election. Buhari won election because of jonathan failure, he is a beneficiary of jonathan failure. He can't use the same failure of jonathan as an excuse for his own failure again...that is if he fails. All the sermons of lai Mohammed will soon become stale if they don't hit the ground working rather than complaining
Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by ibnapine(m): 4:50pm On May 24, 2015
We must forgive GEJ, here is a man who never had intentions or dreamt he will ever be president. He went in as president without any idea of what to do for the country.

He is weak as he seem clueless. Instead of surrounding himself with brilliant people ,he chose men who did little to assist him fashion out a vision for the country.
Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by buharisambisada: 4:53pm On May 24, 2015
Jonathan never wanted to hand over you guys forced him out with boko haram and propaganda quit whining like a baby and take the bull by the horn.
Re: APC - Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis - The Punch by ezeagu(m): 5:03pm On May 24, 2015
Boko Haram.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos APGA Sacks Chairman For Supporting Ambode / Breaking:apc Governors Set For Emergency Meeting Over Senate Presidency, Speaker / Picture Obama Searching For West Germany.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.