Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (785329 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 10:30am On Dec 11, 2020
Mexllymex:
Good morning professor and to everyone, I really commend each an everyone of you attending or providing resolution to people’s enquirers..
Plz I would like to know the model number of sumec firman that is 6.5kva and Tec that is 6.5kva

Thanks

TEC Optima 7500RS 6.25kVA

TEC Optima 9200RS 7.5kVA
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 11:21am On Dec 11, 2020
aieromon:

The generator you got is rated 2.5 to 2.8kW max. You need to consider getting a generator with 5kW and above.

My suggestion : TEC Optima 7500RS rated 5.0 to 5.5kW max.
Don't you think it's far cheaper for him to get an inverter ac? He might not need the excess power from a 5.5Kw generator plus the extra fuel consumption.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 11:26am On Dec 11, 2020
suco01:

When u will get TEC 3.8kva for 120k + at accredited sellers store..

Buy TEC odogwu
Are you sure of this price? Last time I checked, it was over 150k for their 3.5 kva gen.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 12:35pm On Dec 11, 2020
Gptech:

Don't you think it's far cheaper for him to get an inverter ac? He might not need the excess power from a 5.5Kw generator plus the extra fuel consumption.

His consumption falls under the heavy user category and I wouldn't recommend a 3kW generator even though the TEC wattage guide says otherwise. You shorten the lifespan of a generator when you load it all the time with high power demands.

Big man, big problem, the choice is his.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 12:47pm On Dec 11, 2020
Gptech:

Are sure of this price? Last time I checked, it was over 150k for their 3.5 kva gen.

No mind me jare, na over 200k I bought one at oyetayo street at oshodi 3.8kva. But discount was given.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Melst: 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2020
suco01:

What is your generator capacity and load u are going to use it to carry. If u can't answer that 2.5mm coleman is good to go

Tec 2.5kva, 2.2KW
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 1:17pm On Dec 11, 2020
Gptech:

2.5kv will die within 3 months from powering inverter AC.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 2:05pm On Dec 11, 2020
Melst:

Tec 2.5kva, 2.2KW

1.5mm is okay will serve you well
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Melst: 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2020
suco01:

1.5mm is okay will serve you well

Thanks so much for your response. I appreciate.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 2:25pm On Dec 11, 2020
Melst:

Thanks so much for your response. I appreciate.

You welcome
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by noobody(m): 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2020
Are these solar packages this guy's advertise here on nairaland a true substitute to reduce using one's generator?I am considering going for a 1KVA or something close package to power just TV,fans,sound system and energy saving bulbs,considering the high cost of about 185k,is it worth in the long run?
Been using generator for years now,thou cost of fueling not friendly,but at least it is reliable,can this solar inverter packages be that reliable too?because I understand all the solar guys are trying to advertise there biz,they would never tell you it would not last,hence why I need unbiased opinions

Sorry I digressed from the topic of generators we discuss here.

Cheers
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2020
fineboynl:
2.5kv will die within 3 months from powering inverter AC.
Are you sure about this?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 2:48pm On Dec 11, 2020
noobody:
Are these solar packages this guy's advertise here on nairaland a true substitute to reduce using one's generator?I am considering going for a 1KVA or something close package to power just TV,fans,sound system and energy saving bulbs,considering the high cost of about 185k,is it worth in the long run?
Been using generator for years now,thou cost of fueling not friendly,but at least it is reliable,can this solar inverter packages be that reliable too?because I understand all the solar guys are trying to advertise there biz,they would never tell you it would not last,hence why I need unbiased opinions

Cheers
See dis oga cheesy. Solar packages for sure are good investment in the long run provided you get original equipment plus you really know how to manage your energy usage. Na d money to set up b the major challenge for many.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
aieromon:

His consumption falls under the heavy user category and I wouldn't recommend a 3kW generator even though the TEC wattage guide says otherwise. You shorten the lifespan of a generator when you load it all the time with high power demands.

Big man, big problem, the choice is his.
But inverter ac nr dey stress gen like dat na.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by AyarmBoye(m): 2:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
Good evening.... please my generator coughs like ( por por sound ) while working... 2.8kva .... what could be the cause ....
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by noobody(m): 3:03pm On Dec 11, 2020
Gptech:

See dis oga cheesy. Solar packages for sure are good investment in the long run provided you get original equipment plus you really know how to manage your energy usage. Na d money to set up b the major challenge for many.

My oga,longest time sir,thanks for the feedback because I am seriously considering it,I guess the wahala now is to find a experience and honest installer,I prefer the long run benefits,it should outweigh the cost.

Thanks alot
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2020
Gptech:

But inverter ac nr dey stress gen like dat na.

You go buy inverter AC for the guy? grin grin grin

What happens to the Panasonic?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
AyarmBoye:
Good evening.... please my generator coughs like ( por por sound ) while working... 2.8kva .... what could be the cause ....

Check the spark plug and change oil if it is black.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2020
aieromon:

You go buy inverter AC for the guy? grin grin grin

What happens to the Panasonic?
The price of getting an inverter AC is cheaper than a 5kva generator to power the Panasonic AC. My point is assuming powering up the AC with the generator is what is most important to him, then it's better to get an inverter AC and keep the plenty change. Moreover, looking at fuel economy, in the long run, he'll end up burning more fuel with a 5kva generator than a 2.5kva generator. If you then decide to power up the panasonic AC with the 5kva generator, that will burn even more fuel.
You asked what happens to the Panasonic AC if he gets an inverter AC? Same thing can be asked if he gets a new generator. If you ask me, I go say make e dey use the Panasonic with NEPA then switch to the inverter AC when using generator or make e dash person the Panasonic grin.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 5:28pm On Dec 11, 2020
noobody:

I prefer the long run benefits,it should outweigh the cost.
It indeed outweighs the cost ooo.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by wallexluv: 5:57pm On Dec 11, 2020
Please is Maxi generator by LG a good product?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 8:54pm On Dec 11, 2020
noobody:

Cheers
the only problem is the battery. the battery doesn't go more than one year. during that time it will be so frustrating and annoying. so plan to change. battery every year. so after you do your calculations you will be able to decide.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Melst: 9:20pm On Dec 11, 2020
suco01:

You welcome
Another question please grin
The company specified engine oil SAE 20W-50 but my electrician bought Mobil Super 20W-50 XHP. Are they the same? Will it serve? Thanks so much.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 9:39pm On Dec 11, 2020
Melst:

The company specified engine oil SAE 20W-50 but my electrician bought Mobil Super 20W-50 XHP. Are they the same? Will it serve? Thanks so much.
What the company specified is SAE 10W-30, but the funny part is the one they provided is SAE 20W-50. If you can get the specified one, will be great.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 6:23am On Dec 12, 2020
Melst:

You have no problem, what you need most is change oil regularly at when due
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by dgitrader(m): 9:22am On Dec 12, 2020
fineboynl:
the only problem is the battery. the battery doesn't go more than one year. during that time it will be so frustrating and annoying. so plan to change. battery every year. so after you do your calculations you will be able to decide.

Sad but true.

Battery cost and it's regular replacement makes solar/inverter options not wise for small-scale users now.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 10:55am On Dec 12, 2020
be warned. majority of the sealed oil in the market a fake . I have confirmed that and know them at once. exspecially from the road side. the last one I bought was really fake to that extent the measurements oil is far better than fake sealed oil. because all the mixing and colored they added to get imitation will make they use useless.

I know are once it was fake because after I opened it, it was not the original seal. but I have to manage it like that because I don't want to waste the money. that oil almost damage my generator. the kind of sound it's making now.

since I got the original oil the sound has improved.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Melst: 12:43pm On Dec 12, 2020
suco01:

You have no problem, what you need most is change oil regularly at when due
Alright. Thanks so much.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2020
fineboynl:
be warned. majority of the sealed oil in the market a fake . I have confirmed that and know them at once. exspecially from the road side. the last one I bought was really fake to that extent the measurements oil is far better than fake sealed oil. because all the mixing and colored they added to get imitation will make they use useless.

I know are once it was fake because after I opened it, it was not the original seal. but I have to manage it like that because I don't want to waste the money. that oil almost damage my generator. the kind of sound it's making now.

since I got the original oil the sound has improved.

Sealed oils are best bought directly from the filling stations.

Total
Mobil
Eterna

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by AYORICH: 9:49pm On Dec 12, 2020
My new sumec firman lt1800 1.0-1.1kva consumes half tank under 2hrs .pls how can I reduce it , I want 1ltr for at least 2hrs
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Darkseid(m): 1:59pm On Dec 13, 2020
Greetings, I want to get a small generator as a gift for someone and my budget is 35k for 1kva to 1.2kva. Also my main concern is durability and fuel consumption, please which brand will you recommend; my friends small Tiger generator didn't even last up to three months.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by SpaceAngel: 4:05pm On Dec 13, 2020
noobody:

Cheers

I'm not sure of the solar advert you are talking of but I have been using solar and it's very reliable. The batteries have also been there for years too. Battery name is Quanta.

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos. / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.