Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (788802 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michytluv: 8:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
Using it in a 4 bedroom flat. ac in all the rooms, and I was told it won't do that job.

Presently using it for fridge, freezer , used for pumping machine comfortably and home appliances except for Acs...... Need to step up

what was the purpose you bought it for?[/quote]
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Legionx: 10:24pm On Jan 30, 2021
michytluv:
Using it in a 4 bedroom flat. ac in all the rooms, and I was told it won't do that job.

Presently using it for fridge, freezer , used for pumping machine comfortably and home appliances except for Acs...... Need to step up

what was the purpose you bought it for?

This gen cost 120k snd you're selling 125k
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 10:35pm On Jan 30, 2021
Legionx:

This gen cost 120k snd you're selling 125k
he is a lier probably the gen couldn't power 1.5 hp AC.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by agoodman(m): 7:33am On Jan 31, 2021
michytluv:
Good evening all

I got this original firman just 4 months ago and I discovered its too small for the purpose

It's up for grab

₦125000

Pls u are free to come with your Engineer

100 percent guarantee

Whatsapp 08113816005

Lagos State

Brand new costs 120k and you're selling 4 months used for 125k. Wetin una dey smoke for this Nairaland sef?

6 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michytluv: 8:03am On Jan 31, 2021
It is better u respect urself

Okay??

Brand new costs 120k and you're selling 4 months used for 125k. Wetin una dey smoke for this Nairaland sef?[/quote]
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michytluv: 8:09am On Jan 31, 2021
Seeing now that u are d real liar
Can't even spell correctly ���

Gen that wasn't used up to 7 times .
Mr ordensin

Dm make I show u receipt how much I bought

Nincompoop ����

fineboynl:
he is a lier probably the gen couldn't power 1.5 hp AC.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 10:49am On Jan 31, 2021
michytluv:
Seeing now that u are d real liar
Can't even spell correctly ���

Gen that wasn't used up to 7 times .
Mr ordensin

Dm make I show u receipt how much I bought

Nincompoop ����

you must be stupid to comprehend what I was saying. that Generator cannot power 1.5hp.

3 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michytluv: 11:39am On Jan 31, 2021
Blind man... I ever wrote 1.5 hp a/c here??

Nawa ooo

Wàhálà b like pauper mentality

fineboynl:
you must be stupid to comprehend what I was saying. that Generator cannot power 1.5hp.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Margaret1010(f): 12:47am On Feb 01, 2021
how long have you been using it? [/quote]

I bought the gen October last year but I bought the ac recently
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Margaret1010(f): 12:50am On Feb 01, 2021
space9880:

how long have you been using it?

I bought the gen October last year but I bought the ac recently
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 7:59am On Feb 01, 2021
michytluv:
Blind man... I ever wrote 1.5 hp a/c here??

Nawa ooo

Wàhálà b like pauper mentality

empty brain keep quite. that Generator will fight to carry 1hp ac and will inventurely pack off and damaged.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by spinola: 8:15am On Feb 01, 2021
Power your house with a Mercury Inverter at half the cost of a comparable Generator!
https://mercurydirect.com.ng/nigeria-inverter-buying-guide/

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 8:23am On Feb 01, 2021
space9880:

I'll not buy a Gen that the engine has been worked on.

you no sure say you be yahoo boy so grin

how long have you been using it?
I was at themacool office and the guys there told me that 2.5 kva will power 1hp ac. that I told him I have 2.5kva at home and I have never tried it on my AC and my ac is just 1000w. he said it doesn't matter that my 2.5 will power it. he said I should go and tried it. I was a bit confused about that compared to what I read online.

is it advisable to try it?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by 1victor(m): 12:38pm On Feb 01, 2021
Good day guys.

I've seen a lot of posts here about what generator to buy relative to load and specifications.

I would like to make it simpler for those confused.

KVA stands for kilo-volts- ampere, it is a term used to rate electrical circuits. Basically, the higher the kva a generator has, the higher the load the generator can carry.

HOW TO KNOW THE RIGHT GENERATOR TO BUY

1. Make a list of all the device that would be running simultaneously and the watt of each one. Add everything up as the "Total running watt"

2. Check for items with additional starting watts( motor-driven products like fridge and freezers usually have this)

3.Add the TOTAL RUNNING WATT to the ADDITIONAL STARTING WATT that would be the TOTAL WATTS REQUIRED.

Any generator you chose should be able to provide the TOTAL WATTS REQUIRED

Note: MOTOR-DRIVEN PRODUCTS REQUIRES SUBSTANTIALLY MORE WATTS(2 to 3 time) FOR STARTING THAN RUNNING.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by 1victor(m): 12:48pm On Feb 01, 2021
fineboynl:
I was at themacool office and the guys there told me that 2.5 kva will power 1hp ac. that I told him I have 2.5kva at home and I have never tried it on my AC and my ac is just 1000w. he said it doesn't matter that my 2.5 will power it. he said I should go and tried it. I was a bit confused about that compared to what I read online.

is it advisable to try it?

If your gen is really 2.5kva, then it is sufficient.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 1:54pm On Feb 01, 2021
1victor:

If your gen is really 2.5kva, then it is sufficient.
I really don't want to stress the guy my reasons for not bothering. I have only test it with 1000w pressing iron at it made a loud noise. during the process it spoiled my phone charger. this is explain to the guy there. he said generator will make loud sound when you plug heavy duty on it inrepective of size. but the type of noise will determine if to continue using it.

I figured out elepaq is not crested on the fuel tank or engine. and it's not elepaq by constant. it's rated 2.3 kW. and by that it is should be 2.8 kva.

attached is the generator.

please advise because I want to call electrician tomorrow to come connect it. I was actually there to check out there generator that can power the ac it's relatively hot now this period.

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by 1victor(m): 3:25pm On Feb 01, 2021
fineboynl:
I really don't want to stress the guy my reasons for not bothering. I have only test it with 1000w pressing iron at it made a loud noise. during the process it spoiled my phone charger. this is explain to the guy there. he said generator will make loud sound when you plug heavy duty on it inrepective of size. but the type of noise will determine if to continue using it.

I figured out elepaq is not crested on the fuel tank or engine. and it's not elepaq by constant. it's rated 2.3 kW. and by that it is should be 2.8 kva.

attached is the generator.

please advise because I want to call electrician tomorrow to come connect it. I was actually there to check out there generator that can power the ac it's relatively hot now this period.

That's not an original elepaq generator. I'd not be surprised if the actual kva of the generator is not up to 2kva

It would not carry that ac confortably
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2021
1victor:

That's not an original elepaq generator. I'd not be surprised if the actual kva of the generator is not up to 2kva

it's not elepaq by constant. it actual rating is 2.5 I think. the generator got power and work well. only that I was scared using the AC. it's a copper coil and strong at that.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Chuwaa2: 8:53pm On Feb 01, 2021

7 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Twistkihd(m): 9:01pm On Feb 01, 2021
Pls guys can I get a gen of 50k max that can power a 3bedroom without fridge and ac ?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by joerich2015(m): 12:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
Good day Prof, I really appreciate all you have been doing here.

I am about to get a 2.5kva generator, can you please recommend which one is better between these two;

Sumec Furman SPG 3000
Haier Thermocool TEC Gen Ptr Sml Bobo 2500MS 2.5KVA/2KW

And in terms of noise level too.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 2:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
joerich2015:

I am about to get a 2.5kva generator, can you please recommend which one is better between these two;

Sumec Furman SPG 3000

Thanks
foriman have too many fake for that I would advise the tec. I was in there office 2 days ago and they told me that 2.5 kva will power 1hp ac.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by olagamalin(m): 4:30pm On Feb 02, 2021
Hello, I'm looking to buy a used generator that can carry pumping machine.

Pls recommend.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by zhukafa(m): 5:55pm On Feb 02, 2021
joerich2015:

Sumec Furman SPG 3000

Thanks

If you reside at port harcourt, I have sumec firman spg 3000, key and battery with tires. Its just used for 3 months. price 70,000.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by zhukafa(m): 5:57pm On Feb 02, 2021
olagamalin:
Hello, I'm looking to buy a used generator that can carry pumping machine.

Pls recommend.

What is the capacity of the pumping machine. I reside at port Harcourt and deal on used generators.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2021
1victor:

I opened the coil side now, kindly look what is in there. is that long or short coil?

also is bolt lubricant oil good. it's just too light for my liking. last picture is the oil.

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by olagamalin(m): 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2021
zhukafa:

What is the capacity of the pumping machine. I reside at port Harcourt and deal on used generators.

I'm in Lagos oo... Dunno the capacity.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by akata1: 7:27pm On Feb 02, 2021
Chuwaa2:
I was at a supermarket and I was told clearly that those elepaq 4.5kva generators cannot carry much load. They said its actually 2. 5kva, no wonder its so cheaper compared to other 4.8kva. On some olist and konga advert, they state it clearly, 'not suitable for AC'

If you want good return on your money and soundless generators, just go to Ladipo market, there's a big area fenced off where they sell used US beach generators. Those types are so noiseless, and uses very little fuel and requires very little maintenance. My neighbour uses his own just in front of his sitting room.

If you really want to power AC and deep freezer just find above 200k for any 3.5kva and above fireman Sumec, Honda, thermocool or any other good generators. Forget elepaq, senwei, etc.

If your not using AC, but have a deep freezer, you can make do with the elepaqs, senwei etc, just make sure they have a long coil.

BTW, I'm still using my 'fake' elepaq I bought on jumia for 38k in July 2017 and it has been serving me except for its recent oil consumption (its hpg is fantastic at 5.5liters for 12 hrs) . I never knew it was just 1.5kva. Most sellers will quote the maximum or starting capacity as running capacity. I had always thought it was 1.8kva. It powers my three bedroom house including 3 fans, TV, lights( all power saver bulbs) etc without fridge or freezer. I tried a 1000w iron on it and the noise increased. One day I was looking at it and we plugged a blender, come and see smoke and vibration.

I stumbled on this thread while trying to buy a gen, and I've done a lot of market research and analysis and have decided to wait and either cough out from 200-250k for a good 3.5 to 5kva generator or go to Ladipo and buy those super silent tokumbo generators. No more elepaq or senwei.
pls how much will a 3:5 kv tokunbo generator cost
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by 1victor(m): 7:18am On Feb 03, 2021
fineboynl:
I opened the coil side now, kindly look what is in there. is that long or short coil?

also is bolt lubricant oil good. it's just too light for my liking. the last picture is the oil.

The oil is good

But the gen is not. I can't determine whether the gen is a long or short coil from here. But I am sure it's an aluminium coil.

ADVANTAGES OF A COPPER COIL OVER AN ALUMINIUM COIL

|Copper is a better conductor of electricity and heat. The implication of this is that a gen with a copper coil vibrates less over-time to generate electricity(electrons flow better in copper)and would result in less heat generated.

Aluminium gen of 2.5kva would serve well if the total load it carriers is approximately 1.5kva but when you load it to around 2.2kva(with an AC, pumping machine or a freezer) it vibrates more generating more heat and results to issues!!!

IN ANY MOTOR ENGINE, the conductivity of COPPER is approximately 59% while that of ALUMINIUM is only 35%

COPPER IS ALSO LESS RESISTIVE allowing faster energy dissipation and less heat

ADVANTAGES OF ALUMINIUM COIL OVER COPPER COIL

It is very cheap compared to copper
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by 1victor(m): 7:20am On Feb 03, 2021
fineboynl:
foriman have too many fake for that I would advise the tec. I was in there office 2 days ago and they told me that 2.5 kva will power 1hp ac.

Original firman is fucking expensive!!!!

But, it is worth every penny.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by 1victor(m): 7:22am On Feb 03, 2021
zhukafa:

If you reside at port harcourt, I have sumec firman spg 3000, key and battery with tires. Its just used for 3 months. price 70,000.

Very good price

The recent price now is more than 100% of what you are offering
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by 1victor(m): 7:25am On Feb 03, 2021
joerich2015:

Sumec Furman SPG 3000

Thanks

BEAUTY: Haier thermocool

Durability: Both

Capacity/Efficiency: FIRMAN

Noise: no difference

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.