Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (789968 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ikare(m): 10:37pm On Mar 13, 2017
Hi prof.i was using my gen when all of a sudden d sound changed,sounding like car with broken exhaust.i only had tv,some bulbs n my fridge/freezer combo on. pls whhat could be d cause.

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 11:02pm On Mar 13, 2017
ikare:
Hi prof.i was using my gen when all of a sudden d sound changed,sounding like car with broken exhaust.i only had tv,some bulbs n my fridge/freezer combo on. pls whhat could be d cause.

is eithe ur exhaust casket is licking or ur exhaust is licking also
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by classic44sure: 5:00am On Mar 14, 2017
Pls why is it that no matter the quantity of oil I put in my I pass my neighbour, it doesn't smoke and keeps offing on it's own. And make a cranky noise b4 it finally goes off
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by HighBK: 5:39am On Mar 14, 2017
Hi,
Please how can I calculate the capacity of generator required to power a house? For example, what KVA will be required to carry 3 1.5HP AC, 1 TV, 1 Deep Freezer, 1 Refrigerator and a couple of light bulbs?

Thank you.

Any chance you can also advise on AVR? I want to install a central AVR to carry the load for the entire house. How do I determine the KVA that will cover all appliances? What can 10KVA AVR cover?

Thank you!!
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ikare(m): 6:24am On Mar 14, 2017
enochogaga:

is eithe ur exhaust casket is licking or ur exhaust is licking also
Thanks.but pls what could be d cause? Overloading or what? cause its not up tp 2 months dat i bought it
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 6:40am On Mar 14, 2017
ikare:
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 12:31pm On Mar 14, 2017
ikare:
Thanks.but pls what could be d cause? Overloading or what? cause its not up tp 2 months dat i bought it

exhaust licking as nothing to do with overload.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 12:33pm On Mar 14, 2017
classic44sure:
Pls why is it that no matter the quantity of oil I put in my I pass my neighbour, it doesn't smoke and keeps offing on it's own. And make a cranky noise b4 it finally goes off

is either ur overheat rubber is not there or ur rings as gum with piston
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by seyema(m): 11:46pm On Mar 14, 2017
Is there any reason why someone should consider a diesel generator to petrol?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 6:59am On Mar 15, 2017
HighBK:
Hi,
Please how can I calculate the capacity of generator required to power a house? For example, what KVA will be required to carry 3 1.5HP AC, 1 TV, 1 Deep Freezer, 1 Refrigerator and a couple of light bulbs?

Thank you.

Any chance you can also advise on AVR? I want to install a central AVR to carry the load for the entire house. How do I determine the KVA that will cover all appliances? What can 10KVA AVR cover?

Thank you!!

first i dont really think u can get any china fuel gen that can power all ur listed house appliances, except u go and get this japan product honda 8000 5kva, but u will budgeting 1.5-1.8m for that,
i will advice u, just get this mini diesel engine, like 10kva it will be ok.

then ur second question i dont really understand it, but AVR does not increase or decrease kva
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:00am On Mar 15, 2017
seyema:
Is there any reason why someone should consider a diesel generator to petrol?

yes.diesels engines are for heavy duty
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by So4baba(m): 8:46am On Mar 15, 2017
What load of appliances can I use with a Elepon fpg2440 and how reliable is the product,?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by derancle: 9:01am On Mar 15, 2017
Pls I bought this thermocool generator, and the noise is too much,when I consult the mechanic that service the gen he said the exhaust don't have muffler, so am think to replace the exhaust, with the one that have muffler. Hope it will not affect the performance

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by seyema(m): 10:23am On Mar 15, 2017
enochogaga:

yes.diesels engines are for heavy duty

What do you mean by heavy duty? Is it like it can work for a long period of time without breaking down? Or it use to power big machines?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 11:38am On Mar 15, 2017
derancle:
Pls I bought this thermocool generator, and the noise is too much,when I consult the mechanic that service the gen he said the exhaust don't have muffler, so am think to replace the exhaust, with the one that have muffler. Hope it will not affect the performance

no it will not, but i doubt if it is exhaust noice. is new engine nah abi?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 11:40am On Mar 15, 2017
seyema:

What do you mean by heavy duty? Is it like it can work for a long period of time without breaking down? Or it use to power big machines?

i mean the load 7.5kva diesel gen set will power, fuel 10kva cannot power it
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by derancle: 1:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
enochogaga:

no it will not, but i doubt if it is exhaust noice. is new engine nah abi?
Yes
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by So4baba(m): 3:01pm On Mar 15, 2017
So4baba:
What load of appliances can I use with a Elepon fpg2440 and how reliable is the product,?
Prof,,,, pls reply this,, urgent,, thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by seyema(m): 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
enochogaga:

i mean the load 7.5kva diesel gen set will power, fuel 10kva cannot power it

It's worth buying if not for the noise
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
seyema:

It's worth buying if not for the noise
you u can get sound proof
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
So4baba:

the kva pls
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by iWing1(m): 8:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
Sir pls I want to buy a small gen in d range of 1.2kva to power a 3br flat without Ac, pls which product do u suggest.? Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by So4baba(m): 9:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
enochogaga:

the kva pls
1.2rated,,1.5max
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 9:59am On Mar 16, 2017
iWing1:
Sir pls I want to buy a small gen in d range of 1.2kva to power a 3br flat without Ac, pls which product do u suggest.? Thanks

hope u know it cant power deep freezer.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by belovedsamex(m): 9:22pm On Mar 16, 2017
Proff. Good evening. I am an electrical student currently doing my IT at a big electronics store. I work as a technician. In our store, we sell generators. Most times customers like to get advise on what rating of gen they could use in their homes to power things like ACs and Freezers...and the next I am the one they turn to. The problem is I don't know much about this. Although some of sales people could suggest rightly what rating of Gen to use, but they can't explain how they come about their calculations.

I have tried to do simple arithmetic like:
If 1hp = 0.75KVA
Then a 1.5 or 2KVA gen should be able to power such an AC with normal lights and fans. But it's never so...
My question is, what's the logic in determining what rating of gen that can carry an appliance?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by TheAlchemist: 2:01am On Mar 17, 2017
Hello, please what happens when you increase the frequency of a generator. My ac was not working while others in the building were working, i was informed that there would be the need to increase the frequency of the generator to 5hZ. Does the generator consume more diesel at a higher frequency. thank you.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lighthousearc: 4:37am On Mar 17, 2017
Hi Mr enochogaga
Please I would like to ask a question and I seek for your advise please.

I want to buy a Diesel engine generator that can power.

1. 2 units of 1hp

2. 1 deep freeze and one bed side fridge

3. 1 LED TV

4. 1 DVD & decoder

5. 10 energy saving bulbs

6. 4 ceiling fans

I would like to know your advise on which brand to buy.

And second question can a 5.5kva or 6kva diesel power all at once?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Joythah(m): 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
Hi Prof... The kickstarter of my elepaq gen makes noise but dosent start... Is it the kick or the battery. I am tired of drawing the rope. Pls advise
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by iWing1(m): 10:44pm On Mar 17, 2017
enochogaga:

hope u know it cant power deep freezer.
will Lutian LT3600 3.5kva be ok sir?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 18, 2017
I just got a gen. I'm not very familiar with generators.

When is the best time to turn on the fuel pump. Is it BEFORE or AFTER starting the gen

And when should the pump be turned off. Before or after switching of the gen, to avoid any leftover fuel in the carburetor
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Kaybee2great: 8:03am On Mar 18, 2017
Morning Prof, i tried using pumping machine on my honda 3.5kva generator but it is tripping off the light supplied. What do i need to do and if i am to change something where is it located. Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 2:52pm On Mar 18, 2017
Kaybee2great:
Morning Prof, i tried using pumping machine on my honda 3.5kva generator but it is tripping off the light supplied. What do i need to do and if i am to change something where is it located. Thanks

but does the pumping marching works on nepa light normal?
and have u used the pump on the gen b4 or this is the first time?

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.