Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (789935 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 3:05pm On Mar 18, 2017
Nnaabros:
I just got a gen. I'm not very familiar with generators.

When is the best time to turn on the fuel pump. Is it BEFORE or AFTER starting the gen

And when should the pump be turned off. Before or after switching of the gen, to avoid any leftover fuel in the carburetor

u suppose to turn the fuel pump on before starting, but in some cases, if u observe the cap is overflowing fuel out, which means ur cab need service, in this cases u start first before putting on the fuel line.
but if ur cab is ok, u put fue line on before starting.

and u put the fuel pump off after gen is off,
but if u intend not to use the gen for a very long period of time like 3-6month, dont on the fuel line, before the gen goes off, off the fuel line and let the gen off by itself.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 3:06pm On Mar 18, 2017
iWing1:
will Lutian LT3600 3.5kva be ok sir?

yes is good pro

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 3:07pm On Mar 18, 2017
this is all i can take for now,back to work.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Joythah(m): 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2017
My prof i'm waiting
Joythah:
Hi Prof... The kickstarter of my elepaq gen makes noise but dosent start... Is it the kick or the battery. I am tired of drawing the rope. Pls advise
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Kaybee2great: 9:00pm On Mar 18, 2017
enochogaga:

but does the pumping marching works on nepa light normal?
and have u used the pump on the gen b4 or this is the first time?
the pumping machine works on nepa perfectly and its not the first time i am using the generator to pump water
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Mopricelezz(f): 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2017
Good evening Prof enochogaga. Please I want to buy a firman generator. I want to know if I should buy Eco or Spg with the red tank? Which one is best between Eco and spg the red tank? Probably 1.5kva. Pls I await ur reply. Thanks.
And I will only be using it with a medium sized fridge and 3bulbs, a ceiling fan and a small TV. Is 1.5kva fine?

These are d pictures of the Eco and Spg gen

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lighthousearc: 5:23am On Mar 20, 2017
Hi Mr enochogaga
Please I would like to ask a question and I seek for your advise please.

I want to buy a Diesel engine generator that can power.

1. 2 units of 1hp
2. 1 deep freeze and one bed side fridge
3. 1 LED TV
4. 1 DVD & decoder
5. 10 energy saving bulbs
6. 4 ceiling fans

I would like to know your advise on which brand to buy. And second question can a 5.5kva or 6kva Honda, Hyundai, Kipor or Lutian diesel power all at once?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by routsz: 6:10am On Mar 20, 2017
Prof, pls help. I have Birla Yamaha 1KVA. The engine runs fine but the output voltage is very low and it fluctuates even when powering only a few light bulbs and fans. Each time voltage fluctuates, you can hear 'jerking' sound on the engine. But apart from that, the engine runs fine.

Just before this problem, we forgot to switch off our big freezer when switching from PHCN and we connected the gen. Immediately we switched off the AC supply until we put off the freezer. Is that the cause? pls advice. Thank you
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Xcluziv: 11:50am On Mar 20, 2017
Hello prof,I'll really like your advice on the problem am facing, My gen carries 3 bulbs(energy saver),tv,home theatre and a laptop....but whenever I increase the home theatre,the lights start to shake with the bass of the home theatre,sometimes I plug the laptop and it starts to shake also....I've changed the capacitor recently but it didn't make any difference.....please what do I do,my gen is large enough to carry all this and more very comfortable? And also oil leaks from that white compactment at the back(sorry I don't know the name so I uploaded a picture instead)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:35am On Mar 25, 2017
sorry guys for my absent, just too busy in workshop. but i will still try to get all ur request and question answer, but if u know am kind of delay or ur matter is urgent
just reash me:08131060632
: enochogaga@gmail.com
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:39am On Mar 25, 2017
Joythah:
My prof i'm waiting

i think ur kickstarter need to be change, but tell who so ever is changing to check the flyweel teeth also, before changing.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:40am On Mar 25, 2017
Kaybee2great:
the pumping machine works on nepa perfectly and its not the first time i am using the generator to pump water

what type of gen and the kva?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:42am On Mar 25, 2017
Mopricelezz:
Good evening Prof enochogaga. Please I want to buy a firman generator. I want to know if I should buy Eco or Spg with the red tank? Which one is best between Eco and spg the red tank? Probably 1.5kva. Pls I await ur reply. Thanks.
And I will only be using it with a medium sized fridge and 3bulbs, a ceiling fan and a small TV. Is 1.5kva fine?

These are d pictures of the Eco and Spg gen

dont buy any them, they dont use avr

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:45am On Mar 25, 2017
lighthousearc:
Hi Mr enochogaga
Please I would like to ask a question and I seek for your advise please.

I want to buy a Diesel engine generator that can power.

1. 2 units of 1hp
2. 1 deep freeze and one bed side fridge
3. 1 LED TV
4. 1 DVD & decoder
5. 10 energy saving bulbs
6. 4 ceiling fans

I would like to know your advise on which brand to buy. And second question can a 5.5kva or 6kva Honda, Hyundai, Kipor or Lutian diesel power all at once?

yes 6kva on disel cam power them at a time.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:47am On Mar 25, 2017
routsz:
Prof, pls help. I have Birla Yamaha 1KVA. The engine runs fine but the output voltage is very low and it fluctuates even when powering only a few light bulbs and fans. Each time voltage fluctuates, you can hear 'jerking' sound on the engine. But apart from that, the engine runs fine.

Just before this problem, we forgot to switch off our big freezer when switching from PHCN and we connected the gen. Immediately we switched off the AC supply until we put off the freezer. Is that the cause? pls advice. Thank you

that not what cause it, just take for service
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:49am On Mar 25, 2017
Xcluziv:
Hello prof,I'll really like your advice on the problem am facing, My gen carries 3 bulbs(energy saver),tv,home theatre and a laptop....but whenever I increase the home theatre,the lights start to shake with the bass of the home theatre,sometimes I plug the laptop and it starts to shake also....I've changed the capacitor recently but it didn't make any difference.....please what do I do,my gen is large enough to carry all this and more very comfortable? And also oil leaks from that white compactment at the back(sorry I don't know the name so I uploaded a picture instead)

i think the firing of the gen is too low, u need to increase it
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Mopricelezz(f): 10:16am On Mar 25, 2017
enochogaga:

dont buy any them, they dont use avr

Thanks sir
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Kaybee2great: 6:04pm On Mar 25, 2017
enochogaga:

what type of gen and the kva?
honda EB3000s with max output of 2.5kva and now it is not giving out output again

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 4:50am On Mar 26, 2017
Kaybee2great:
honda EB3000s with max output of 2.5kva and now it is not giving out output again

check ur AVR first or brush
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by emmahoney(m): 10:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
enochogaga:

if u can do a snap shot of the gen and send it will be better
Please recommend a good generator that can power appliances like fans, freezer, LED TV, Decoder. My budget is 90k maximum. Thanks in advance for your reply.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by bionts(m): 2:50pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hello prof, please I'll love to know if Mobil Oil - 1 5w-30 is good for a portable generator (sumec fireman eco3990esr. I see lots of oil around and I would like to know the ones you'll actually recommend based on your experience.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 10:08pm On Mar 27, 2017
bionts:
Hello prof, please I'll love to know if Mobil Oil - 1 5w-30 is good for a portable generator (sumec fireman eco3990esr. I see lots of oil around and I would like to know the ones you'll actually recommend based on your experience.

is a good one
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Joythah(m): 11:26am On Mar 29, 2017
Thanks prof
enochogaga:

i think ur kickstarter need to be change, but tell who so ever is changing to check the flyweel teeth also, before changing.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by U1(m): 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
enochogaga:

check ur AVR first or brush

Generator professor, I greet you. Please I need you to clarify something for me. Will a Tiger "I better pass my neighbour" generator develop issues if I don't use regularly? I got one when having power issues weeks ago. But I only need power to charge my devices and electricity supply is now usually restored before I need to charge them again. I have not powered on the generator for like 5-6 weeks now. What issues can arise?

Also, how often do you service a generator like that which you may not use for several weeks? Please reply. Thanks.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
U1:

Generator professor, I greet you. Please I need you to clarify something for me. Will a Tiger "I better pass my neighbour" generator develop issues if I don't use regularly? I got one when having power issues weeks ago. But I only need power to charge my devices and electricity supply is now usually restored before I need to charge them again. I have not powered on the generator for like 5-6 weeks now. What issues can arise?

Also, how often do you service a generator like that which you may not use for several weeks? Please reply. Thanks.

yes issue will arive if u dont use the gen for like 1month.
ur cabrator will got demage cos of the fuel inside, cos fuel expires, when the fuel in the cab expires then it will be like water, then ur cab will get rust,

now this is what u will do, make sure there is no fuel in the cab, before keeling the gen for loong time.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by U1(m): 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
enochogaga:

yes issue will arive if u dont use the gen for like 1month.
ur cabrator will got demage cos of the fuel inside, cos fuel expires, when the fuel in the cab expires then it will be like water, then ur cab will get rust,

now this is what u will do, make sure there is no fuel in the cab, before keeling the gen for loong time.

Thanks for the response, prof. But honestly, I'm not sure I know what the cab is. cheesy I will try to find out. Please how do I make sure there is no fuel in the cab? Is it by using up the fuel in the tank?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by BedLam: 9:14am On Mar 30, 2017
Morning Prof. Can you recommend any sound proof gasoline generator? For home Use, 3 bedroom I don't want to get diesel because they are usually too big and consume a lot.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by chuuxxy: 10:47am On Mar 30, 2017
BedLam:
Morning Prof. Can you recommend any sound proof gasoline generator? For home Use, 3 bedroom I don't want to get diesel because they are usually too big and consume a lot.

yea i need to get an info on that also.and i also want something i can use in pumping water also... was looking at sumec firman spg2900.... but bros can u just recommend a good generator type and size, fuel efficient and less sound
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by iWing1(m): 5:26am On Mar 31, 2017
U1:

Thanks for the response, prof. But honestly, I'm not sure I know what the cab is. cheesy I will try to find out. Please how do I make sure there is no fuel in the cab? Is it by using up the fuel in the tank?
Cab is the carburator of your generator and he said if u know you will not use the gen for a long time, you need not to switch off the gen directly, just close the fuel line(attached to the cab) and make sure the gen goes off by itself.The fuel in d cab will dry up b4 the gen goes of and your cab will not be damageged by expired fuel.

5 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by U1(m): 1:21pm On Mar 31, 2017
iWing1:
Cab is the carburator of your generator and he said if u know you will not use the gen for a long time, you need not to switch off the gen directly, just close the fuel line(attached to the cab) and make sure the gen goes off by itself.The fuel in d cab will dry up b4 the gen goes of and your cab will not be damageged by expired fuel.

Thanks, bro. I knew he was talking about the carburetor. Just trying to point out that I don't know what it is. I wasn't certain I knew what that specific part is. But your explanation made things clearer.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 9:40am On Apr 01, 2017
chuuxxy:

yea i need to get an info on that also.and i also want something i can use in pumping water also... was looking at sumec firman spg2900.... but bros can u just recommend a good generator type and size, fuel efficient and less sound

sumec 2.5kva is ok
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 9:42am On Apr 01, 2017
BedLam:

what and what u intend to power with it

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.