Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (790473 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Wise1one: 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
Good evening guys
Please recommend a good small gen

1 32inch tv
And one small Syinix fridge

The gen should be copper and should not consume fuel

I'm afraid of Tiger 1500 because it's sometimes hard to pull and once they work on it.. it's no longer durable

Is elepaq 1.8kva a good choice?
That one with yellow head
And please who knows how much it cost
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by RepairZone: 8:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
samsonegar:
Pls how can I use 12v battery to charge phone?

Get the popular car phone charger and connect it's terminals to the battery. Pls note that the spring loaded small terminal should connect to +ve terminal of your battery.
Now connect its USB cable to your phone to charge.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ManAdii: 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
Please what's the difference between sumec spg and eco series?
Which one is the best series to buy?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nakedman: 12:15am On Mar 04, 2022
Parzival001:

Last time if it up. It's 13L capacity but uses 11L or so.
It ran for 11h with my AC, small fridge, ps5 and 43 inches plus alot of people come to charge phone and laptops in days like this. Idk if that's up to full load but I don't think so.

Approximately 1L per hr. What else do you want grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Parzival001(m): 8:07am On Mar 04, 2022
Nakedman:

Approximately 1L per hr. What else do you want grin grin grin
omo I thought it was poor hence my complaint
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by TrebleChamp(m): 10:22am On Mar 04, 2022
Parzival001:
omo I thought it was poor hence my complaint
With that load it powered, it is very ok sir. Power the Gen without the much load like Oga Gp.tech suggested, it should give you atleast 1hr30mins per litre.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Jspider22: 10:37am On Mar 04, 2022
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Jspider22: 10:45am On Mar 04, 2022
My Polystar Inverter Ac doesn’t work well on my Gen, the freezing is Low, But on Nepa light the Freezing is just too much, Even my cyling Fan doesn’t run well on the Gen but it Run so fast on Nepa Light , What could be the cause?

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by donshady(m): 7:53pm On Mar 04, 2022
Wise1one:
Good evening guys
Please recommend a good small gen

1 32inch tv
And one small Syinix fridge

The gen should be copper and should not consume fuel

I'm afraid of Tiger 1500 because it's sometimes hard to pull and once they work on it.. it's no longer durable

Is elepaq 1.8kva a good choice?
That one with yellow head
And please who knows how much it cost

Either sumec or Thermocool if you want peace of mind to some extent.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by earthrealm(m): 11:03am On Mar 05, 2022
Jspider22:
My Polystar Inverter Ac doesn’t work well on my Gen, the freezing is Low, But on Nepa light the Freezing is just too much, Even my cyling Fan doesn’t run well on the Gen but it Run so fast on Nepa Light , What could be the cause?

Check the out voltage and frequency of the gen. It should be upto 220volts and 50hz.
Your gen likely needs a tune up or change of avr
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by earthrealm(m): 11:15am On Mar 05, 2022
Avast:
Gptech

Good morning, please I used to power my pumping machine with my Elepaq 2.5kva but now it is not powering it again. immediately I switch on the machine, it gives this horrible sound that shows it is working under stress so I just swith it off back.

What can I do, does it mean I can't use my gen with the pump again?

Pumping machine of what capacity?.
1hp or 1.5hp.
If 1hp..you are operating the gen at almost 90% capacity...which if done regular ly would make the engine wear out faster.

The gen needs a tune up and possible regrinding of valves, and reringing
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by earthrealm(m): 11:25am On Mar 05, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
Dear gurus gptech

How much kw or units does an inverter consume?

Is it advisable to charge an inverter with generator? If yes, which kva of gen is okay for this??

Let's use a 1.5kva inverter as example.

Thanks for your response.

How to know the energy consumption of an inverter is to check the max charging current and multiply it by the charging voltage.
A 1.5kva 24v luminous inverter charges at 15amps and about 30volts...so basically about 500w..but since its transformer based inverter...from experience, myltiply this by 2. So you are looking at 1kw, i pass my nebo wudnt be able to charge it.

But smart inverters have adjustable charging current, so you can reduce the current..that way a smaller gen can be used to charge a big inverter...though it would take longer time

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by DoggoneDogg: 11:56am On Mar 05, 2022
earthrealm:

How to know the energy consumption of an inverter is to check the max charging current and multiply it by the charging voltage.
A 1.5kva 24v luminous inverter charges at 15amps and about 30volts...so basically about 500w..but since its transformer based inverter...from experience, myltiply this by 2. So you are looking at 1kw, i pass my nebo wudnt be able to charge it.

But smart inverters have adjustable charging current, so you can reduce the current..that way a smaller gen can be used to charge a big inverter...though it would take longer time

shocked
Bros abeg

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2022
Jspider22:

I told you on WhatsApp group that you're wicked for using AC on this small generator. Nothing is the cause but you wan kill the gen patapata
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Jspider22: 2:14pm On Mar 06, 2022
�����������
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Jspider22: 2:14pm On Mar 06, 2022
suco01:

I told you on WhatsApp group that you're wicked for using AC on this small generator. Nothing is the cause but you wan kill the gen patapata
Lol
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Dumas32(m): 6:02pm On Mar 06, 2022
donshady:

From my little knowledge,
For Longevity,
Ensure proper maintenance culture such as regular oil change every 50hrs or Twice in a month, I follow the later. Oil is expensive grin . I recommend Total 20w50 or Sae 40 depends of your Generator recommendation. Check manual.
Cleaning of Air filter at every 50hrs usage.
Change of spark plug once a month depending on your usage.
Lastly, you're running a 6000w Gen, Your total load should not exceed 4500W. Gives room for the generator to breathe and ensure longevity. I leave the rest to the professionals.

Please what is the fuel consumption?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Opeexclusive04(m): 9:04pm On Mar 06, 2022
Dumas32:

Please what is the fuel consumption?
LOL
Don't even think it, The Fuel tank capacity is 28ltrs, so somehow it wouldn't be so fuel economical but its also not that bad. Half Tank will take me 6-9hrs with AC-1250w; Freezer- 130W fridge- 100W and other things Running . Haven't really done full to empty so I can't entirely say
On the Overall not too bad I'm enjoying it, just this fuel scarcity is whats killing else @165 fuel wouldn't have been an issue, but now we're doing 300.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by MistaMann: 8:55am On Mar 07, 2022
Planning to get a 1 hp AC.

Other appliances I run are
32inchs TV
Decoder
2 light bulb

Please if am to get the normal 1 hp AC what capacity of generator should I go for?

What if I get an inverter AC?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by gondon(m): 10:21pm On Mar 07, 2022
Greetings house,

I got an Elepaq SV6800 generator and it’s a year plus old.....without having a fault.

On the gen, 4.5kva is written on it, but on this forum it’s said to be lower.

REQUEST
1. I wish to know if Elepaq sv6800 can carry one LG smart inverter Ac (1.5Hp)

2. If it can carry one standing fridge.

3. One set of Tv

4. One standing fan

5. Two standing fan

6. Energy saving bulbs(5pairs)

Number 1,2 and 3 are highly important

Please I need your kind advises on the above

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by gondon(m): 11:08am On Mar 08, 2022
Help oh
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by donshady(m): 1:13pm On Mar 08, 2022
gondon:
Greetings house,

I got an Elepaq SV6800 generator and it’s a year plus old.....without having a fault.

REQUEST

3. One set of Tv

4. One standing fan

5. Two standing fan

If it is 4.5kva, You can put the load on it. If it is not, then what is the capacity?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by donshady(m): 1:35pm On Mar 08, 2022
MistaMann:
Planning to get a 1 hp AC.

Other appliances I run are
32inchs TV
Decoder
2 light bulb

Please if am to get the normal 1 hp AC what capacity of generator should I go for?

What if I get an inverter AC?

3.5kva is okay.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by gondon(m): 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
Elepaq sv6800
On the body is written 4.5kva

But people say it’s actually 2.5kva or 2.7kva

Please kindly advise

donshady:

If it is 4.5kva, You can put the load on it. If it is not, then what is the capacity?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by donshady(m): 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2022
gondon:
Elepaq sv6800
On the body is written 4.5kva

But people say it’s actually 2.5kva or 2.7kva

Please kindly advise

If it is 2.5kva, it is not advisable to power such load.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by RepairZone: 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2022
gondon:
Greetings house,

REQUEST

3. One set of Tv

4. One standing fan

5. Two standing fan

Genset true capacity is about 2.75kva. It is not advisable to connect loads referencing imprint.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by gondon(m): 6:09pm On Mar 08, 2022
RepairZone:

Genset true capacity is about 2.75kva. It is not advisable to connect loads referencing imprint.

In other words broooo, can 1,2 and 3 work together

Lg inverter ac(1.5hp)
Standing fridge
TV set
Can the above work together.

Please
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by MuyiwaMike(m): 6:19pm On Mar 08, 2022
Good evening prof @enochogaga
I need your help sir. I recently purchased a Thermocool 10KVA Petrol generator with remote and electric starter- but I noticed they both do not work- only the recoil starter works.

However, I can stop the generator with remote once it starts working- so my question is- why and how does the remote works when I press stop but never responds whenever I press start. The electric starter doesn’t work as well whenever I need to power off the gen- I have to pull the rope every time then use the remote to put off the generator whenever I need to.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 9:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
MuyiwaMike:
Good evening prof @enochogaga
I need your help sir. I recently purchased a Thermocool 10KVA Petrol generator with remote and electric starter- but I noticed they both do not work- only the recoil starter works.

However, I can stop the generator with remote once it starts working- so my question is- why and how does the remote works when I press stop but never responds whenever I press start. The electric starter doesn’t work as well whenever I need to power off the gen- I have to pull the rope every time then use the remote to put off the generator whenever I need to.
If it's still under warranty return it or take it to their service center, should be faulty panel. You should have tested all these during purchase.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by gondon(m): 10:42pm On Mar 08, 2022
gondon:

Lg inverter ac(1.5hp)
Standing fridge
TV set

Please

A reminder please
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by WarriAproko: 11:39pm On Mar 08, 2022
My heir thermocool optimum generator sound change and it now get louder like hash sound. Pls whats the solution
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by RepairZone: 8:07am On Mar 09, 2022
gondon:

Lg inverter ac(1.5hp)
Standing fridge
TV set

Please

Use genset without the AC or use with AC alone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.