Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (787424 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by nwaozzugwor: 10:20am On Jul 20, 2022
Jspider22:
Is the Maxi generator a good one ?

4.1kva

Can it power 1.5hp inverter ac, hisense deep freezer and Tv at the same time ?

Mind you...this is 3.5kva engine..

It can carry the above items but not together..
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Impostorr: 11:20am On Jul 21, 2022
nwaozzugwor:

Maxi products are good....

With experience, I noticed that even so called Firman, Elemax or big names do no last long this days...the important thing is to service your engine or rather change the oil regularly with good oil..

Which engine oil do you recommend for elapaq constate sv6800e2 pls?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by countryman13: 1:20am On Jul 22, 2022
@Engr pls,I need a suitable place where i can learn how to diagnose n rewind alternator. Preferably, Sagamu Ogun state
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by footprintD55(m): 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2022
Please gurus in the house, is there a different btw elepaq yaofeng and elepaq constant
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by TrebleChamp(m): 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2022
Good afternoon all, please i need urgent users experience from our people here using iTEC generator. My younger brother is considering buying the 4.5kva iTEC generator manual. I recommended Hair-Termocool but they only have 4 1kva variant, your urgent response would be highly appreciated. Thank you
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by xactcore(m): 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2022
Hello house,

Who knows the differences between the yellow thermocool vs the blue thermocool generator.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by walex084(m): 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
Good evening Sir. I noticed that the generator makes such sound when the fridge is on and whenever the fridge is not switched on it doesn't make such sound. Anytime the sound comes up the fridge doesnt go on and off. Please what do you suggest I do next. Thank you in anticipation

Gptech:

Check if your freezer/ reduced turns on and off during this period or run the generator without the refrigerator/ freezer for same period of time and observe if it happens.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
xactcore:
Hello house,

Who knows the differences between the yellow thermocool vs the blue thermocool generator.

No difference apart from the power ratings.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
walex084:
Good evening Sir. I noticed that the generator makes such sound when the fridge is on and whenever the fridge is not switched on it doesn't make such sound. Anytime the sound comes up the fridge doesnt go on and off. Please what do you suggest I do next. Thank you in anticipation

Is it the Blue or yellow generator you have?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Hamachi(f): 5:49am On Jul 24, 2022
Good morning Gptech

Since the collapse of the power grid, power supply in my area is non available and I wish to buy a generator.

Please recommendations are welcome.

Thank you for your anticipated response
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by walex084(m): 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2022
The yellow one Sir and funny enough someone else called me on this same issue that he also experience it with his generator too same brand. I guess he saw my post here too

Gptech:

Is it the Blue or yellow generator you have?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
walex084:

The yellow one Sir and funny enough someone else called me on this same issue that he also experience it with his generator too same brand. I guess he saw my post here too

If I get you correctly, you mean your generator makes a sound as if a heavy load is connected to it any time your refrigerator is on. And this sound can occur up to 3 times when generator is on. From what you said, it doesn't happen when the refrigerator is off. I suspect your refrigerator turns on and off intermitently during this period of time.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hamachi:
Good morning Gptech

Since the collapse of the power grid, power supply in my area is non available and I wish to buy a generator.

Please recommendations are welcome.

Thank you for your anticipated response
What do you intend to power?

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Hamachi(f): 7:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
Gptech:

What do you intend to power?
Deep freezer (tokunbo) of 130 watts
2 white bulbs
A ceiling fan
Probably a TV (not necessary)
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 1:58am On Jul 25, 2022
Hamachi:

Deep freezer (tokunbo) of 130 watts
2 white bulbs
A ceiling fan
Probably a TV (not necessary)
A 2kva generator like the Sumec Firman Spg 2500 should do

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Hamachi(f): 6:27am On Jul 25, 2022
Gptech:

A 2kva generator like the Sumec Firman Spg 2500 should do
Thank you
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by mrrandomguy: 4:26pm On Jul 26, 2022
Do they sell new fuel tank, and how much? I want to replace the one of my tiger TG 2700.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Chuwaa2: 4:42pm On Jul 26, 2022

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by rapthugx(m): 7:29am On Jul 27, 2022
Chuwaa2:
Please house, what can be the issue with my generator, I service it regularly and have changed oil twice this year. I noticed that sometimes it cranks slowly before starting and then starts sounding like a car with broken exhaust. It normalizes after sometimes and works perfectly.
Some other times it starts fast without slow cranking. Yesterday after normalizing, it started sounding like broken car exhaust for quite a while before normalizing again.
Today I brought the repair guy and the Gen behaved itself no issue but the man now said I should change carburetor (which he himself changed last December).

I want to know if I should go with him, total cost of this service is 12k (carburetor 5k, oil 2k, plug 5h workmanship 4k) in a time like this. My previous repair guy was very efficient and never for one day changed anything.

Can I DIY, I have the tools, but I don't know what to do now

The Gen is elepaq 4.5kva (actually less than that in practice) 6.5hp

If you really want to DIY you can, changing carburettor, oil and plug is not difficult. Just go to YouTube and watch videos on how to do it. Also make sure you don't buy fake carburettor. Good luck.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Born2conquer: 10:33am On Jul 28, 2022
Boss, my generator battery is bad. Odogwu thermocool
Where do we get the replacement or the rapair
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by techycontents(m): 5:57am On Jul 29, 2022
Please House . Where in Abeokuta Ogun State can someone get Original Thermocool Generator at standard price ?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ambihill: 9:21am On Jul 29, 2022
Profs in the House,
My battery head is discharging acid thereby rusting the bolt and the nut that tighten the cord head which connects the battery head. Please what could be the cause, what could be the effect on the generator, and what actionable steps to correct it?

Thanks for your replies!
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by nwaozzugwor: 9:31am On Jul 29, 2022
Legionx:

I have modified it

Hello sir my generator started bringing out black smoke after being serviced. So the engineer change the oil seal. Normally there's only one oil seal in the generator but he added two.

Will that cause any problem.

No

The generator is Tec Junior
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by nwaozzugwor: 9:33am On Jul 29, 2022
space9880:
could this be the reason my rings get bad days after ringing? wounded engine block

Yes
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by nwaozzugwor: 9:35am On Jul 29, 2022
Avast:

what is the Kva of this generator sir?

and what maker of oil can you suggest I use on it.

Thanks

This is 3.5kva
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by nwaozzugwor: 9:37am On Jul 29, 2022
fineboynl:
hello I did a general servicing on my 7months old generator. before I begin I start and ring the generator 5 times. and each of the time it start at once and run smoothly.

I did a fuel washing.

1. removed the tank and wash inside and outside it.
2. wash the whole generator engine body from dirty and dust.
3. I wash the air filter and housing
4. I bring out the carburator and wash it ourwardly.
5. I lose the caburator down cover leak the fuel and rinse with fuel. air blow every part of it.

when I put back everything and start the generator it starts and work like something that's cut of fuel and off within 30 seconds.

I bring out the carburator more than 4 times to check what I am not doing right and put back. the problem persist. I couldn't bear it anymore. I went to the market to buy new carburetor and that fix it. it work now but this caburator consume more fuel compared to the previous one. this one is Chinese caburator and the old one is Japanese.

I would really like to put back the old one. is there any help. please. where can I get a carburetor cleaner?

Carburator cleaner is in the market..

Is sold for 700 naira
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by nwaozzugwor: 9:38am On Jul 29, 2022
Yamleg:

Can a 1.8kva power a pumping machine?

No
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by nwaozzugwor: 9:40am On Jul 29, 2022
iSage:

Hello, I'm about to go for half engine for my generator, it's 2.5KVA is there any particular model I should insist on ?

Apart from Firman which is quite expensive , others are the same thing.

But there is this model known as 'New Power '...is strong
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by nwaozzugwor: 9:41am On Jul 29, 2022
Elui2:
what do i do about it pls?

Buy new ones
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Avast(m): 11:50am On Jul 29, 2022
nwaozzugwor:

This is 3.5kva

Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by nwaozzugwor: 1:56pm On Jul 29, 2022
Ambihill:
Profs in the House,
My battery head is discharging acid thereby rusting the bolt and the nut that tighten the cord head which connects the battery head. Please what could be the cause, what could be the effect on the generator, and what actionable steps to correct it?

Thanks for your replies!

You bought the liquid acid model of a battery..

It won't affect your generator negatively but it won't be nice to look at.

What to do?

Drop used oil on the terminal head of the battery. It will reduce the rusting process

To enhance the appearance, get a used tooth brush , soak it with fuel, brush the terminal head and then apply used oil or any oil to it

3 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ambihill: 6:27pm On Jul 29, 2022
nwaozzugwor:

You bought the liquid acid model of a battery..

It won't affect your generator negatively but it won't be nice to look at.

What to do?

Drop used oil on the terminal head of the battery. It will reduce the rusting process

To enhance the appearance, get a used tooth brush , soak it with fuel, brush the terminal head and then apply used oil or any oil to it

Thanks for the response and the suggested step to maintain it. I actually bought the battery with the gen. I hope this doesn't question the originality of the gen.

Please reply to my worry.
Thanks once again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.