Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:09 PM

Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? (13979 Views)

To Women: If You Can't Control Your Mouth Don't Marry! / 5 Good Reasons Why You Should Marry Early / Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Gettolove(m): 1:45pm On Sep 14, 2006
Naija Guys Wait Too Long To Get Married

This is a common phenomenon found in most naija guys, you will find out that many guys now deem it compulsory to at least own a tokunbo car and have a two bed room flat before they can get married and have kids.

Though i subscribe to this, but i have found out that it will automatically make guys end up being womanisers for far too long or even crash a decade relationship because some girls don't have the patience.

I wish i can have all my three kids before i am 35 and have more time to work and give them good education, so that before i am 60,each of them can fend for him/herself.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Douzy(m): 2:06pm On Sep 14, 2006
True talk, bro.

Only say, Nigeria jaga jaga. . . *sings like Eedris*
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by lauryn(f): 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2006
So? , the point is, they get married someday/somehow, doesnt matter when, why rush into something that U aint ready for?
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Seun(m): 2:15pm On Sep 14, 2006
If you don't have the money to take care of yourself, how will you have the money to take care of children?

Why should your children have to suffer just because you couldn't wait and face your work for a few more years?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Damollar(m): 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2006
Don't fall for it. The chances a stringer will marry are very slim; , The women who married these men insisted they commit early in the relationship. ,

I am not old enough to have been there and I don't have any kids yet,
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by walaty(m): 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2006
gettolove, please you can't blame us. it is the situation of the country that has turned us so. i am 28+, and really wished i were married with two lovely kids. but how can i? i can barely fend for myself, talkless of a wife and a kid. and i was dream of living well with my family.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by iice(f): 3:51pm On Sep 14, 2006
lauryn:

So? , the point is, they get married someday/somehow, doesnt matter when, why rush into something that U aint ready for?

Sheyyy
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Damollar(m): 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2006
More than half the men and women who do get married have already lived together. ,

"Men conduct scientific research (or do anything else) in order to attract women and get married (albeit unconsciously),"
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by lauryn(f): 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2006
iice:

Sheyyy

abi o grin
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Chiori(m): 12:47am On Sep 15, 2006
Bros na true u talk. I am guilty of this. At 28 I should be married, but I am still single. I blame it partly on the system. But if I had known what I know now earlier on in my life, I know I'd have been married by now with at least two kids to show for it.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Gettolove(m): 9:35am On Sep 15, 2006
@walaty
i am not blaming anyone bros because i am also a victim of our generation, our parents got married in their late 20s and settled down on time. but in this new nija a 40 year old guy is not different from a secodary guy,  angry angry sad sad
   bros at 28 no car no crib, why will i think of a wife,  i don't know how this is affecting our ladies
@lauryn
i think it matters when a guy get married i don't know about when a lady get married. for me as a guy i would love to focus more on how to work harder at my 40s instead of having to take my kids to school every morning.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by EmemJU(f): 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2006
Most Nigerian men don't make money early enough to marry when they would have wanted to.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Damollar(m): 6:02pm On Sep 15, 2006
Chiori:

Bros na true u talk. I am guilty of this. At 28 I should be married, but I am still single. I blame it partly on the system. But if I had known what I know now earlier on in my life, I know I'd have been married by now with at least two kids to show for it.

@chiori - And by FAR, the most important of these things
is to make a woman feel ATTRACTION for you.

Women don't go through a logical process to
decide if they're going to feel ATTRACTION.

It just HAPPENS.

But it doesn't happen very OFTEN.

If you're one of those rare men who knows how
to use your body language, voice tone, and other
communication to make women feel ATTRACTION, then
you will have the kind of success that most men
only dream of.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by lauryn(f): 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2006
@ ghettolove
well, from a guy's perspective.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Chiori(m): 1:20am On Sep 18, 2006
Damollar:

@chiori - And by FAR, the most important of these things
is to make a woman feel ATTRACTION for you.

Women don't go through a logical process to
decide if they're going to feel ATTRACTION.

It just HAPPENS.

But it doesn't happen very OFTEN.

If you're one of those rare men who knows how
to use your body language, voice tone, and other
communication to make women feel ATTRACTION, then
you will have the kind of success that most men
only dream of.

Well Damollar, but that is only a tiny fraction of what I meant. By saying if I had known then what I know now, I mean things that would get me settled earlier, things that would get me to be a solid man who can conveniently fill in the big shoes of the society.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Busta(f): 2:37am On Sep 18, 2006
Gettolove:

I wish i can have all my three kids before i am 35 and have more time to work and give them good education, so that before i am 60 each of them can fend for him/herself.

if only naija guys would reason like u. I know most 35 that are not even married, more less have kids!
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Gettolove(m): 9:10am On Sep 18, 2006
@lauryn

I seem not to get what you are trying to say, its not about both of us kiss kiss kiss
@ nairaland

I was watching a program on CNN (katrina killing), a guy that was shot by the police according to CNN had a grand son and he was just 45 years at the time he died. I was unable to calculate how old he was when he had his first son.
This may not be an isolated case cos in US you have got all you need at 20s to be a father, even in some African countries young guys have kids at late 20s and apparently their ladies settle with a fine BOBO early enough.
Guys work harder ooooooooooooooooooooo, because life span sef don reduce to 60 now sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Chiori(m): 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2006
men, 35 is too late. by then i have lived out nearly half my life span.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by candylips(m): 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2006
oh so you are aspiring to live up to only 70 yrs. sorry for u. Baba iyabo sef at that age is still d presido
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by layifioren(m): 11:42pm On Sep 18, 2006
I guess another problem with this is people think of kids when they think of marriage and it's because of the culture. people don't have to have kids right away after marriage, abi I lie?
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by lauryn(f): 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2006
Gettolove:

@lauryn

I seem not to get what you are trying to say, its not about both of us kiss kiss kiss

Really?. Marriage is not something U wake up one morning and just jump into for the sake of it. U gotta know you're ready for it and U can handle the responsibilities that comes with  it, if u want to get married for the fun of it, then oh well, suit yourself, we all got diff thoughts/opinions
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Chiori(m): 11:54pm On Sep 19, 2006
candylips:

oh so you are aspiring to live up to only 70 years. sorry for u. Baba iyabo sef at that age is still d presido

Ok continue sleeping till you are 40 before you think of settling down. You don't know that in this age of fastness, you gotta do all to beat for the best of time? By age 70 one is ready to leave. Plus, it's best to have your kids while you're still young. It paves way for easier parent-child bonding.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Seun(m): 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2006
When you are young and working really hard round the clock, will you have time for your children?
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Gettolove(m): 4:48pm On Sep 20, 2006
Apart from working hard what other solution is available ?, because it is not a CURSE, not all barchelors at the age of 35 can afford a mini flat. should this guy remain unmarried or still manage in papas house ?
I DON TIRE FOR THIS COUNTRY OUR BIG BROS JUST DEY WAKA FOR ROAD
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by BobbieMae(f): 8:15pm On Sep 20, 2006
Damn i am impressed.

See you naija men in naija saying things like "i wish i was married with two kids"

Over here in the states you will never catch a naija man saying anything like that. Instead they want to be Man Whores until their prick falls off then they then want to get married and suffa person,

Kudos to you all.

You will make it in Jesus name and you will find a good wife who will bring you many children. Your family will be the source of your joy. keep trying. Baba God no dey sleep.

Bobbie.

Kai, this post touched me oooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by candylips(m): 11:13pm On Sep 20, 2006
the bosom is back wink
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Gettolove(m): 11:54am On Sep 21, 2006
BobbieMae:

Damn i am impressed.

See you naija men in naija saying things like "i wish i was married with two kids"

Over here in the states you will never catch a naija man saying anything like that. Instead they want to be Man Whores until their prick falls off then they then want to get married and suffa person,

Kudos to you all.

You will make it in Jesus name and you will find a good wife who will bring you many children. Your family will be the source of your joy. keep trying. Baba God no dey sleep.

Bobbie.

Kai, this post touched me oooo

This is what we are subjected to in naija here and it has become the norm of our society, it is only few that are aware of it.

don't mind our brothers in US, their cup don full. angry grin lipsrsealed

All these problems are products of corruption cooked by our past and present leaders.As i post this, our president and his vice are at war over looted funds, and i guess they are confused (thieves)
          What pains me most is that the consequences of all their missapropriation affect only the poor while their own children travel abroad to attend havard and oxford.after their spoilt bratt finish school they come back to naija and oppress us with our resources sad angry

SOMEONE PLEASE CALL 911
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Douzy(m): 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2006
Gettolove:

This is what we are subjected to in naija here and it has become the norm of our society, it is only few that are aware of it.

don't mind our brothers in US, their cup don full. angry grin lipsrsealed

All these problems are products of corruption cooked by our past and present leaders.As i post this, our president and his vice are both at war over looted funds, and i guess they are confused (thieves)
What pains me most is that the consequences of all their missapropriation affect only the poor while their own children travel abroad to attend havard and oxford.after their spoilt bratt finish school they come back to naija and oppress us with our resources sad angry

SOMEONE PLEASE CALL 911

I feel u, bro!
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by BobbieMae(f): 5:59am On Sep 23, 2006
Kai my brothers! Make una no worry. You see, we naija people are natural born hustla's. As in, i know you men will be great men because your hearts are on point.

Thunda faya all these useless men wey dey here, infact, may ya pricks all fall off. AMEN.

Meanwhile, the correct woman that will love you for you, is on the way. Like i said, Bab for upstairs no dey sleep.

And all those oppressors, one day one day, the truth shall come out abi? no make una no worry una selves.

You guys are good men.

If Bobbie Mae talk am, so shall it be. You people are good men and you guys will amount to nothing but SUCCESS. See as i dey pray for una. Abeg someone crown me the DEACONESS.
But i mean it, yall will be successful and you will have good wives and wonderful children.

You just wait and see.

And all you disgraceful naija men here in Yankee and Jand, na only time, walahi, una kini go fall off. Make una wait. Una go dey kpansh one day and your kini go just drop for floor. Rubbish. Kpanshing and impregnating young gals up and down, Dapo/Femi/Emeka/Ibro(all naija guys) the original lagos gigolo. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by jaybaby(f): 1:15pm On Sep 23, 2006
I love da TOPIC! tongue

dnt mind da guyz even wen they ave all da GOOd things in LIFE they still dnt want 2 get MARRIED!

I ave so much of 'em in my place of work-they jus want 2 TASTE all gurls b4 getting married -I asked one of 'em Y @ 32 he is still SINGLE-his reply was that -he dsnt want 2 b TIED dwn NAW he is Still YOUNG shocked shocked can u IMAGINE?

MOST OF OUR GUYZ R VERYYYYYYYYYYYY COMFORTABLE-they jus dnt want 2 get MARRIED r will i say they want OSHO free WIFE!
If we pass a LAW 4 'em 4 FREE 'WIVES' I bet u all of 'em will JUMB 2 it
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Douzy(m): 1:53pm On Sep 23, 2006
Is there ever an "osho free" wife? Even if there were (which I'm yet to know about), I'm sure guys would rather run away from such, as that would ultimately come with too many (subtle) strings and attachments.

Again, getting married is not all about having all the good things in life (BTW, who has all the good things in life?). Even when I don't really support guys who go about sampling and dumping gurls, I would also say that in the world of today, it's even more difficult to find someone (gurl) who would be patient enough to be a real support and joy if they were to get married so early. Most of us want to be quite comfortable before marriage because, though we can't satisfy all the material wants and needs of our women, we don't want her to lack so much. However, we also wouldn't want wives that would nag us to the grave cos we weren't providing for them as much as other men do. What is more, some women would even begin to tell their men that there ex's or former guys (the husbands they missed marrying) used to take better care of them.

Even today that the issue of fulltime housewives is giving way to working-class wives, which helps in making the household finances a bit more robust, we still wanna make sure that rather wouldn't turn out to be an avenue for the women to try lording it over us.

Some of these reasons and more urge some of us to rather believe we could enjoy life a lil more as bachelors before going into marriage (which some regard as a bondage. . . lol).

I feel you, Deaconess Bobbie Mae!
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by jaybaby(f): 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2006
You see he said 'BONDAGE' haaaaaaaaaaaa GOD 4give una ***SHAKES HEAD SHAMEFULLY***

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bad Sperm Parameters Fixable With Natural Herbs / Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple / See This 3 Bedroom Penthouse Architectural Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.