Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? (13842 Views)

To Women: If You Can't Control Your Mouth Don't Marry! / 5 Good Reasons Why You Should Marry Early / Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by iice(f): 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2006
Or maybe the qualities some want in a woman is beyond reality grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Gettolove(m): 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2006
iice:

Or maybe the qualities some want in a woman is beyond reality grin grin
I dont think such qualities are beyond the sky or unimaginable wink its just that KOREKT GARLS are few on the street and the unfortunate thing is that a chap can hardly notice them, this is because some of them dont wear clothes that reveal part of their boobs or butts.
To all the guys out there, the more you look at those big ass and 'look again' jugs , please look inward for other wifey qualities.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by iice(f): 7:42am On Nov 24, 2006
Righhhhtttt, and what anyways are the qualities of a wife?

Gettolove:

I don't think such qualities are beyond the sky or unimaginable wink its just that KOREKT GARLS are few on the street and the unfortunate thing is that a chap can hardly notice them, this is because some of them don't wear clothes that reveal part of their boobs or butts.
To all the guys out there, the more you look at those big ass and 'look again' jugs , please look inward for other wifey qualities.

shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue What? the Koret ones are not noticed because their boobies and butt cheeks are not revealed? Dont worry i read the last sentence lol.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Gettolove(m): 8:19am On Nov 29, 2006
the qualities are better observed than outlined grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by iice(f): 2:40pm On Nov 29, 2006
well goodluck to those who exhibit wife qualities. . . grin tongue
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Gettolove(m): 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2006
iice:

well goodluck to those who exhibit wife qualities. . . grin tongue
well thank you sugar for feeling my yarns, those qualities are also inherent in your posts cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by iice(f): 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2006
LMAO tongue am not wife material only to the crazy ones do i possess such qualities
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 30, 2006
@iice: there is no such thing as wife material - except you subscribe to our hypocritical, culture-without-reasoning enslaved nigerian societal rules. If i think you as a woman will make me happy (with my own input considered as well, of course) for the next 50 yrs, then so be it - i can marry you. Every other relative can go and jump into the Lagoon

@Gettolove
You echo most of my thoughts, but i'm afraid i'm a little more rabid than you . . .
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by iice(f): 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2006
Gridlock:

@iice: there is no such thing as wife material - except you subscribe to our hypocritical, culture-without-reasoning enslaved nigerian societal rules. If i think you as a woman will make me happy (with my own input considered as well, of course) for the next 50 years, then so be it - i can marry you. Every other relative can go and jump into the Lagoon

@Gettolove
You echo most of my thoughts, but i'm afraid i'm a little more rabid than you . . .

@Gridlock, i feel you but most or maybe a lot of men subscribe to the 'hypocritical, culture-without-reasoning enslaved nigerian societal rules' (borrowed your words smiley). They seem to have an idea of what kind of woman makes a 'wife' They think certain xteristics qualifies her to be a wife and i dont mean things like being eligible to marry.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Gettolove(m): 6:48pm On Nov 30, 2006
Gridlock:

@iice: there is no such thing as wife material - except you subscribe to our hypocritical, culture-without-reasoning enslaved nigerian societal rules. If i think you as a woman will make me happy (with my own input considered as well, of course) for the next 50 years, then so be it - i can marry you. Every other relative can go and jump into the Lagoon

@Gettolove
do you mean one should not disturb himself about the girl one would get married to?
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Douzy(m): 10:59pm On Nov 30, 2006
I think the notion of "wife material" is being taken rather too far here. Each man has some (fair) idea of what he wants in a wife, which becomes the characteristics of his "wife material", and as such is, first and foremost, a subjective thing. It doesn't always have to do with what the man's family and relatives want. What is more, perceiving a woman as being capable of making you happy for as long as you live with her is another way of saying that she's a "wife material" for and to you, cos no man want to marry a woman that would keep him in misery until death do them part. However, the woman you look at as possessing the capacity to make you happy while living with her may be seen by another man as being likely to make life misery for him if he lives with her. Different strokes for different folks. I think, there's a sort of notional "wife material", but which is much dependent on each man's particular perspective, and as such much subjective, and often we cannot do much to change the man's idea of that "wife material". That may be why some (unmarried) men still complain about not meeting any good girl, when there seemingly are lots of them around. It's all about saying and looking at the same thing in different ways.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 01, 2006
Ok, maybe ishould have said "there is no such thing as a 'standard' wife material", as defined by the International Standards Organisation (hahaha). Sorry, some men think a wife material is a woman who will obey and please her in-laws by all means, is willing to sit at home with the kids, and will never challenge the man on his decisions.
Each man's definition of wife materlia differs
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Gettolove(m): 9:37am On Dec 01, 2006
I quite agree with you on the issue of individual perception of wife material, i would expect my own wife to be a wife wheather i am around or not, every one is aware of what he or she wants from his or her spouse, this is not about men alone but the ladies are more concious of this issue.
If we attach too much seriousness in search of a wife material one may remain unmarried for a very long time, this is because people now have divergent opinon on contemporary issues such as this. Some people no longer believe in marriage, some are homosexuals and it may be funny to hear from these people that GOD has created to be what they are.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by iice(f): 10:49am On Dec 01, 2006
Gridlock:

Ok, maybe ishould have said "there is no such thing as a 'standard' wife material", as defined by the International Standards Organisation (Haha). Sorry, some men think a wife material is a woman who will obey and please her in-laws by all means, is willing to sit at home with the kids, and will never challenge the man on his decisions.
Each man's definition of wife materlia differs

That was exactly what i was thinking too.

@Douzy you are right that it is a subjective thing but i have heard men refer to some women as not wife material and usually the men who are together with the one who makes the comment of not wife material, all agree with the speaker.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Butty: 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2006
I dont think girls are ready to subscribe to all these definations of wife materials or what have you. some of these girls dont even care about being good wives or mothers because they all want to have their ways and do thier things the way they want it. This you know is contrary to what most guys expect of thier chiks.
I personally beleive that as long as my wife can satisfy me sexually, we would remain together forever because sex satisfaction is basically the reason why i am getting married.

ONE LOVE
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by nightfall(m): 1:05am On Dec 02, 2006
here in the far north marriage is not that difficult as a matter of fact you can have as many wives as possible with as less of twenty thousandyou can marry a lovely Hausa girl with the vast space available one just picks up space in the family house and erect building no stress of taking up an apartment that would cost several thousands our towns are small that you can move around without a car so4 those of you that have intrest in getting married but no show you're very much welcomed
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Gettolove(m): 9:44am On Dec 04, 2006
Butty:

I don't think girls are ready to subscribe to all these definations of wife materials or what have you. some of these girls don't even care about being good wives or mothers because they all want to have their ways and do their things the way they want it. This you know is contrary to what most guys expect of their chiks.
I personally beleive that as long as my wife can satisfy me sexually, we would remain together forever because sex satisfaction is basically the reason why i am getting married.

ONE LOVE
I dont know if there is any human beign that hates sex, but many are looking beyond that in their marital life.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by felong(m): 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2007
Nigerian men don't marry early enough because they need to make money the country is very hard these ddays and things are so expensive.
even me, i won't get married until am about 85 to 40 years of age.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by CrazyMan(m): 1:05pm On Jan 10, 2007
felong:

Nigerian men don't marry early enough because they need to make money the country is very hard these ddays and things are so expensive.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by okwanuzo3(f): 3:56am On Jan 11, 2007
Na money. outside of nigeria, they get a lot of support from the government so they marry as early as 18
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 12, 2007
felong:

, even me, i won't get married until am about 85 to 40 years of age.

Omo, when u take your kids to school they will tell them "Your grandfather is still strong".
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Gettolove(m): 11:47am On Jan 18, 2007
felong:

na waoooooooooo ,

i pray you are rich by then, if not you will wait for for more years
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by JustGood(m): 3:23pm On Jan 18, 2007
How guys go marry if money never arrive? small time the wife go dey go yansh big man wey get money
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by CrazyMan(m): 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2007
JustGood:

How guys go marry if money never arrive? small time the wife go dey go yansh big man wey get money
You're right my brother
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by 2muchmoney(m): 11:33am On Apr 28, 2007
nigeria's economy to be BLAMED
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by CrazyMan(m): 8:02pm On May 11, 2007
undecided
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Vieira(m): 2:53am On May 12, 2007
2muchmoney:

nigeria's economy to be BLAMED

If that is the case how do you explain the excess amount of mid 30 naija guys in Jand who are well off and yet are still doing the player thing?
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by candylips(m): 8:51pm On Jun 03, 2007
no correct babe for jand
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by soulpatrol(f): 10:18pm On Jun 03, 2007
excuses excuses. guys just want to have their cake and eat it simple. they want to be able to play around all they want even when they're getting old, yet expect there to be decent women left when they're eventually "ready". rubbish!
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Godsgirl(f): 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2007
Well, this is interesting. If age 35 is considered "too old" for a naija man to marry then I guess my chances of marrying a man 10 years my senior is limited-since most will be married by then. embarassed Oh well, May the Lord preserve my "old man Moses" for me.  wink I am still a good girl and waiting patiently for him.

Agape!
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Ralvy(m): 2:18pm On Jul 31, 2007
I noticed that too, buh that will not happen in ma lyf, I will get married around 24. I want tu grow up having kids around.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by crazyp(f): 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2007
Ralvy:

I noticed that too, buh that will not happen in ma lyf, I will get married around 24. I want tu grow up having kids around.

at 24, eeehh, ok oo, i wish you luck grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Couple Welcome Baby Boy After 15 Years Of Marriage / How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? / Please Advise Me On This Marital Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.