Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,838,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? (13855 Views)

To Women: If You Can't Control Your Mouth Don't Marry! / 5 Good Reasons Why You Should Marry Early / Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Douzy(m): 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2006
OMG, Getto has taken over! Phew! Guess I could go take siesta now. . .
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by ginababy(f): 5:47pm On Sep 26, 2006
No

because i don't want to have the word[b] "why me"[/b] in my life
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by ginababy(f): 5:48pm On Sep 26, 2006
Yes

because nature demands it.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by omoge(f): 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2006
yes they don't marry early enough but go about f**cking women around and having illegimate children,
undecided bringing fiction to the real lady who waited to marry, finally marrying him and him and his family forcing the real
wife to take the illegitimate children,
bunch of pretenders they are!!
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by windywendy(f): 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2006
omoge:

yes they don't marry early enough but go about f**cking women around and having illegimate children,
undecided bringing fiction to the real lady who waited to marry, finally marrying him and him and his family forcing the real
wife to take the illegitimate children,
bunch of pretenders they are!!

my goodness, I feel some hate in da house. Calm down girl, not all men are like that. There are still many decent ones around smiley

By way, why do I get the feeling that you're talking from experience
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Douzy(m): 7:56pm On Sep 26, 2006
@ Omoge

Take heart, dear!
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by iice(f): 3:08am On Sep 27, 2006
Gettolove:

I don't agree that a marriage built on financial reasons would crash as someone said instead i will posit the reverse of the assertion.
@gina + lice
girls are the reason why men marry late and not neccessarily to make all the millions in the world, In naija a wise guy must ensure he has what it takes to maintain both his car and wifey because ARISTOS are everywhere grin
Girls pretend that they love you for who you are but when things look unfriendly(cash wise), then the true picture of your wife will come out.

FOR THE GIRLS

CAN YOU MARRY A POORMAN

a) YES b) NO

@ghettolove, da name's iice, if you can read it dont bother typing it. I didnt say he has to have millions but considering the amount of money used on traditional weddings, the amount of money used to maintain his car or even get one for the wife and the money spent of making the wife look good and comfortable, well he has to have some serious dough. Do you bother to test your girl out? I mean to find the true colour as they say oh do you just assume? I agree that a marriage based on financial reasons can survive depending on the couple, either they just rather stick to the facade (he just wanting her to look good and know that he can get her flashy things and she just sticking to him because he can get her what she wants) or its a business transaction. I have dated both ends. Either way, being aware of who you are, what you are made off and what you want out of life (same thing for the man)determines what works for you. As to your question of marrying a poor man, yes i can, if i know what he is capable off. Its no new thing in my family and it all turned out great for two generations.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Gettolove(m): 9:36am On Sep 27, 2006
iice:

@ghettolove, da name's iice, if you can read it don't bother typing it. I didnt say he has to have millions but considering the amount of money used on traditional weddings, the amount of money used to maintain his car or even get one for the wife and the money spent of making the wife look good and comfortable, well he has to have some serious dough. Do you bother to test your girl out? I mean to find the true colour as they say oh do you just assume? I agree that a marriage based on financial reasons can survive depending on the couple, either they just rather stick to the facade (he just wanting her to look good and know that he can get her flashy things and she just sticking to him because he can get her what she wants) or its a business transaction. I have dated both ends. Either way, being aware of who you are, what you are made off and what you want out of life (same thing for the man)determines what works for you. As to your question of marrying a poor man, yes i can, if i know what he is capable off. Its no new thing in my family and it all turned out great for two generations.
i have modified it.

are you suggesting that guys should go ahead and get married even if they have not arrived,because your response indirectly means guys should not wait till they are made or you have a defination of a poor man
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by iice(f): 4:36pm On Sep 27, 2006
I shall borrow from Douzy, if a man is not financially well off but has potential to be one, why reject him because he is not yet well off? I am speaking for myself, i dare not speak for anyone because we all find our way. I respect others' opinions and choices to do what they want afterall i am not living their lives. Yes i believe that even if the guy has not arrived, he can still marry so long as he knows he will not slack off on wanting to improve their lives even if its not upto the standards of the rich and famous.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Gettolove(m): 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2006
you are the true daugther of your mother
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by iice(f): 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2006
lol what does that mean tongue
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Gettolove(m): 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2006
i am sure you are a true reflection of mama since only our folks can reason this way cos millenium chiks dont have time to experiment, all they are after is a ready made guy
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Douzy(m): 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2006
Yea, I think iice has the kinda mentality I wanna see in my prospective wife.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by windywendy(f): 11:12pm On Sep 27, 2006
Douzy:

Yea, I think iice has the kind of mentality I want to see in my prospective wife.

Bingo!!! Now we have a tie cheesy cheesy cheesy. I now pronounce iice and Douzy man and wifey  grin grin grin. Somebody shout AMEN!!!  cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by mochafella(m): 11:13pm On Sep 27, 2006
Amen !!!!! grin
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by biomic(f): 11:16pm On Sep 27, 2006
amen to that grin cheesy wink
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Douzy(m): 11:26pm On Sep 27, 2006
*bemused*

windywendy:

Bingo!!! Now we have a tie cheesy cheesy cheesy. I now pronounce iice and Douzy man and wifey grin grin grin. Somebody shout AMEN!!! cheesy

Sorry, who's the man and who's the wifey?
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by iice(f): 1:17am On Sep 28, 2006
*muses*
@Ghettolove, lol thanks i think

@windywendy, you don turn pastor? lol grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by mochafella(m): 1:22am On Sep 28, 2006
iice nah wa oo.

From Freewilly to Douzy. Looks like some "Basic Instinct" stuff might go down. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by iice(f): 1:33am On Sep 28, 2006
LMAO that basic instinct masef get k-leg. lol
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by ginababy(f): 9:51am On Sep 28, 2006
Douzy nairaland has done a very great thing for you shall we celebrate?
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by windywendy(f): 2:14pm On Sep 28, 2006
iice:

@windywendy, you don turn pastor? lol grin cheesy

Ehen now cheesy The thread says Nigerian men don't marry early enough. Douzy is one Nigerian man who's unmarried and who has found everything he wants in a prospective wifey in iice. What's to stop anyone from making the connection happen I'm only doing the honors. Desperate times call for desperate measures abeg cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Douzy(m): 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2006
windywendy:

Douzy is one Nigerian man who's unmarried and who has found everything he wants in a prospective wifey in iice.

Is someone misquoting me here?

@ Gina
. . .
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by ginababy(f): 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2006
if you choice to call it a misquote so be it.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by lauryn(f): 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2006
are u in denial?
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by Douzy(m): 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2006
Es tu Lauryn?
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by lauryn(f): 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2006
what have i done/said?, simply asked a question grin grin grin, I'm on noone's side grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by CrazyMan(m): 3:02pm On Sep 28, 2006
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by lauryn(f): 3:08pm On Sep 28, 2006
da name suits U
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by CrazyMan(m): 3:11pm On Sep 28, 2006
@
Lauryn
me? grin
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by lauryn(f): 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2006
of course
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? by CrazyMan(m): 3:14pm On Sep 28, 2006
lol
thanks
you also have a cool name smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is Your Definition Of An Incestuous Relationship? / 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire / Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.