Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,060 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World (36680 Views)

Jumia Partners With Mtn For Free Internet In Nigeria / Discover the 10 Most Powerful Tips of Digital Marketing in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by abes(m): 12:53pm On May 26, 2015
ISP: Spectranet

3 Likes

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by whyipa: 12:56pm On May 26, 2015
I totally disagree with. If they fold their arms in five years our beloved country, Nigeria will catch up to them
Bonapart:
Wats the op saying...
you want Nigeria to be a match compare to South Korea.?
Even if they fold them hands for hundred years Nigeria won't be a match still
Or are you a learner
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by repogirl(f): 12:57pm On May 26, 2015
This OP, did I hear you say their products don't last? Abeg no go outside talk this kaind thing cos people will think you are an ignoramus! You can read my signature to see what happens to ignoramuses!

Don't say their products don't last, it is your importers that go and import rubbish because most Nigerians are to cheap to buy quality.

Those places manufacture products that are used in Europe and USA and they work very well. Is like you need to go to those three countries to see the level of development there, but I doubt you will fit because no be mai-mai people dey enter those places.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by musicwriter(m): 1:00pm On May 26, 2015
Dmayor7:

I am sorry but i have to point out that you made some honest mistakes with your figures.

As confirmed by Akamai technologies global internet platform.

Lagos has a download speed of 4.72 mbps

Abuja comes with 4.13 mbps download speed

Even Port Harcourt tops them with a download speed of 5.01 mpbs

But the surprise here is that IBADAN is the state with the highest internet speed in Nigeria. It has a download speed of 7.4 mbps and an upload speed of 5.8 mpbs.

While Nigeria our beloved country is the highest in Africa with an average internet speed of 322 kbps and a peak rate of 5674 kbps.. Though i agree with you that it is not yet uhuru for we Nigerians when you compare with other global countries.

You can read my post about it for more clarification.

Thanks

With smile network I'm cruising at 21 Mbps here in Lagos. They're the fastest internet I know of in Nigeria.

Edited: Just tested mine but got two different results. It appears smile is not afterall offering up to 21Mbps, unless it's because this's peak-time.

See results below.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 26, 2015
dsmooth1:
What of U. S cant find dem on d list,despite their moves with demonstation of high n fast internet usage

US is declining, it's relevance is fading.
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by cronsberg: 1:04pm On May 26, 2015
what do you expect when the only thing we have as internet in Nigeria is mobile internet. These countries use fiber optics layed to the nooks and cranies of their countries. Nigeria can only boast of gsm towers that are powered by generators to provide both voice and data services. What a joke of a country

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Burger01(m): 1:04pm On May 26, 2015
I thought I would see Nigeria on that list. smiley

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by meforyou1(m): 1:05pm On May 26, 2015
I have been to south Korea and I can tell u that their internet is super mega fast

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Bonapart(m): 1:06pm On May 26, 2015
whyipa:
I totally disagree with. If they fold their arms in five years our beloved country, Nigeria will catch up to them
wow! Wake up its morning

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by NobleG1(m): 1:07pm On May 26, 2015
Well, I'm using an internet in The Netherlands that has 120 Mbps! With that speed, I can download an HD movie in 3mins 9 seconds and comfortably stream any movie file size without glitches.

It's shameful that Nigerians are celebrating have a poor 4 Mbps internet from unstable internet providers.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by sleemfesh: 1:09pm On May 26, 2015
elohorayodele:

nigeria will be in 200th spot

probably just ahead of war torn countries like afghanistan, iraq, somalia, DRC etc

Hopeless Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 26, 2015
intergral:
Op point of correction those countries are not what nigerians refer to chinko!!! Where do u think Samsung phones being manufactured is it not korea, the toyota cars you see all over Nigeria is made in japan...
Any way I see nigeria inside that list very soon.
Baba Installing 99.2%...

Number two in that list is Hong Kong. Hong Kong is an independent province in China. Hong kong is not a country. it is china. and chinko according to Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by ELIJAHARMONICA(m): 1:14pm On May 26, 2015
I think it is due to population size using the internet. From the top 10 list, i realize that they all have low/moderate population density.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by dotune(m): 1:14pm On May 26, 2015
Pls where's US? because US and Japan rank as first in terms of science and tech.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by dustydee: 1:34pm On May 26, 2015
Yemiolads:

3. Japan

Average Mbps: 15.2. Internet speeds have increased 16% over the last year.

2. Hong Kong

Average Mbps: 16.8. Internet speeds have increased 37% over the last year.

1. South Korea

Average Mbps: 22.2. Internet speeds have increased 1.6% over the last year.

Notice how nos 1-3 fall into the category of people we call 'chinco'. While we are busy making jokes about these people - that they speak bad English and their products don't last - they are busy quietly taking over the World in everyway.

Our internet providers really need to step up the game!

Culled from: http://www.opeyemioladotun..com/2015/05/from-around-world-top-10-countries-with.html
I have never heard people say Korean or Japanese products are inferior. You may be confusing them with Taiwan and China and even then the Taiwanese have improved tremendously while the Chinese give you an equivalent of what you are willing to pay for.
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by ikechukz(m): 1:35pm On May 26, 2015
I don't know what you guys are talking.I get up to 2MBps while downloading with etisalat. 2MBps = 16mbps
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by ugotex85: 1:42pm On May 26, 2015
Please which application is used for this speed test?

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 26, 2015
NaLaugh:

Here is a partial screenshot of a test i just run.
Actually, the speeds in this result are less than they can be, because some speed is being lost to my router.
It is much higher when i plug directly to the ethernet cable. But at this level, it is already as fast as possibly needed.

My plan is for 105 Mbps down cool

lmao how true
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by ibisko04: 1:51pm On May 26, 2015
We are going to be on top in another two years from now. Things are going for better in our land.
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by NaLaugh: 1:55pm On May 26, 2015
Jacksonville:

lmao how true

What do you mean "how true"? cheesy

If you're suggesting there is something untrue in my comment, then i have nothing to add to that.

You asked where the Americans where, and i offered you a glimpse of what my speed test is in America.
Comcast offers higher speed tiers than 105Mbps by the way. However, i find that to be sufficient.
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by marvolio2000(m): 1:56pm On May 26, 2015
This is not elaborate enough. You didn't specify speed in terms of what platform.

Is the speed based on 3g, LTE, WiFi or fibre optic cable. In Nigeria non of our gsm operators run on LTE yet which theoretically gets 100mb/s but with actual test u could get downloads of 40mb/s in London and about 45 in U.S.A. Depending on weather conditions and traffic. So please specify
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 26, 2015
warrenweste:

Ibadan ke? Pls which network in Ibadan is that fast? Smile spectranet or which one
. MTN n GLO are very good in IB..........very fast too
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 26, 2015
Dmayor7:

I am sorry but i have to point out that you made some honest mistakes with your figures.

As confirmed by Akamai technologies global internet platform.

Lagos has a download speed of 4.72 mbps

Abuja comes with 4.13 mbps download speed

Even Port Harcourt tops them with a download speed of 5.01 mpbs

But the surprise here is that IBADAN is the state with the highest internet speed in Nigeria. It has a download speed of 7.4 mbps and an upload speed of 5.8 mpbs.

While Nigeria our beloved country is the highest in Africa with an average internet speed of 322 kbps and a peak rate of 5674 kbps.. Though i agree with you that it is not yet uhuru for we Nigerians when you compare with other global countries.

You can read my post about it for more clarification.

Thanks

Who has the license for Ibadan?
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by ozoebuka1(m): 2:32pm On May 26, 2015
Bonapart:
Wats the op saying...
you want Nigeria to be a match compare to South Korea.?
Even if they fold them hands for hundred years Nigeria won't be a match still
Or are you a learner
hate u for being a black man... your pessimism is outrageous... damn u man!
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by elohorayodele: 2:37pm On May 26, 2015
sleemfesh:

Hopeless Nigerian.
sleemfesh:

Hopeless Nigerian.

its not about been hopeless, is it not shocking all these ( ethiopia, kenya, angola, zimbabwe namibia, lesotho, rwanda, mauritius, seychelles, sao tome and principe) countries have faster internet speeds?
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 26, 2015
NaLaugh:

What do you mean "how true"? cheesy

If you're suggesting there is something untrue in my comment, then i have nothing to add to that.

You asked where the Americans where, and i offered you a glimpse of what my speed test is in America.
Comcast offers higher speed tiers than 105Mbps by the way. However, i find that to be sufficient.

lol . I can see.
nice one u got: D
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Dmayor7(m): 3:15pm On May 26, 2015
elohorayodele:

sorry to bust your bubble, pls check this link: http://www.netindex.com/download/allcountries/

RSA, ethiopia, kenya, angola, zimbabwe namibia, lesotho, rwanda, mauritius, seychelles, sao tome and principe all have a higher download speed than naija

If you look very well you would have noticed i said....

While Nigeria our beloved country is the
highest in Africa with an average internet
speed of 322 kbps and a peak rate of 5674
kbps..
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Obiwannn: 3:19pm On May 26, 2015
MHEN, GERMANY, US, UK no de this list o
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Dmayor7(m): 3:23pm On May 26, 2015
abbey621:
And you expect us to believe some data from an unrecognized blog? Please provide the true source of your research and then maybe people can take it seriously! I personally would like to know if the speeds are true averages or just a random set of people.

This two links below will help you..

state of the internet
Ibadan again. You again?

Kudos...
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Bonapart(m): 3:28pm On May 26, 2015
ozoebuka1:
hate u for being a black man... your pessimism is outrageous... damn u man!
thank you brother... i love you for wat you stand for

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by thewarrior72: 4:41pm On May 26, 2015
LMAyedun:
Average Mbps: 22.2. Internet speeds have increased 1.6% over the last year. shocked shocked

Happy birthday to me
Meanwhile, Just 50Likes will do, to mark my day with me
HBD

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Find What You Are Looking For Faster On Google / MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten / What Nigerians Searched For On Google In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.