Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,070 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World (36681 Views)

Jumia Partners With Mtn For Free Internet In Nigeria / Discover the 10 Most Powerful Tips of Digital Marketing in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by warrenweste(m): 5:14pm On May 26, 2015
obejoseph10:
. MTN n GLO are very good in IB..........very fast too

where in ibadan pls? cos at challenge/felele and new garage axis there network is slow there..try running a speed test on your device and see for yourself smiley
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by TheAlchemist: 5:27pm On May 26, 2015
[quote author=Sincere4u post=34107049][/quote]

Are u sure you are using an original Samsung phone... I am using a Samsung note 4... The response time is unbelievable!
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by purplekayc(m): 7:00pm On May 26, 2015
Dmayor7:

I am sorry but i have to point out that you made some honest mistakes with your figures.

As confirmed by Akamai technologies global internet platform.

Lagos has a download speed of 4.72 mbps

Abuja comes with 4.13 mbps download speed

Even Port Harcourt tops them with a download speed of 5.01 mpbs

But the surprise here is that IBADAN is the state with the highest internet speed in Nigeria. It has a download speed of 7.4 mbps and an upload speed of 5.8 mpbs.

While Nigeria our beloved country is the highest in Africa with an average internet speed of 322 kbps and a peak rate of 5674 kbps.. Though i agree with you that it is not yet uhuru for we Nigerians when you compare with other global countries.

You can read my post about it for more clarification.

Thanks
in IB i guess you referring to smile isp

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by babaowambe: 8:14pm On May 26, 2015
I have. Broadband. With. Upc Ireland. And download. Speed is 120,(hundred. And twenty)

and upload. Speed. Is 12 and above
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by babaowambe: 8:19pm On May 26, 2015
120 megabytes. Per second, unlimited. Allowance. For. Downloading. So I can watch as many. Movies, watch. TV online download. Films. And music without. Limit

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 26, 2015
TheAlchemist:

Are u sure you are using an original Samsung phone... I am using a Samsung note 4... The response time is unbelievable!

Hahahaha, i can afford any type of device i want to acquire so y should i go for a phone i'll have to hide in public?. lolz.
Haven't tried certain devices u mentioned like the note4 but the ones i had used so far, suck!. Even most of my household appliances are samsung but will replace them gradually to better products that had beaten it in different categories. I'm not boasting as it may surprise you there are many classy phones it never crossed my mind to price. Just buy the simplest stuffs that meet my needs.
However, samsung phones are more durable and reliable than most products from Asia. Pls if u've used the blackberry z10, what do u think about it?.
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 26, 2015
In Kenya, big cooperates/multinationals/tech companies get very high speed cables but I don't know their average speed. However public Universities and institutions are connected to one ISP here is my speed test.

But speed tests (normally) do not represent the actual download or upload speed - they show the capacity (of a few Kb's) of what your network can transfer to and fro your computer and a local server at your ISP, when it comes to the actual implementation of downloading alot of other factors are involved.

In Kenya, there are 47 counties, the government is currently in the proces of connenting all counties HQ with High speed fiber, by 2017 it is expected that all government services will be accessed through online(already application of passports and paying taxes is online), after counties are connected, next will be business then to private houses, already some upmarket neighborhoods in Nairobi have already been connected with Fiber right to there houses.

My speed test and actual download speed

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by subbieD(f): 10:51pm On May 26, 2015
Werris Nigeria sad
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by TheBawse(m): 2:31am On May 27, 2015
@ op, dis ur info aint right. in all the countries called, where is the us? i knw the us has the largest no of internet users in the world, i have used speeds of up to 19mbps in Atlanta, abi is dat not fast? try to get facts right before publishing.
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by DEIFIED(m): 6:50am On May 27, 2015
Those asian countries though, everything about them is just fast.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Nobody: 9:37am On May 27, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Find What You Are Looking For Faster On Google / MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten / What Nigerians Searched For On Google In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.