Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,911 members, 7,821,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

What Is Wrong With Jamb Online Registration Web Application ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is Wrong With Jamb Online Registration Web Application ? (3034 Views)

Php Gurus Help Me Out: What Is Wrong With My Code?? / Desktop Application Vs Web Application / Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Jamb Online Registration Web Application ? by dammytosh: 5:02pm On Feb 13, 2009
Was just trying to fill Jamb Form for some one and i spent more than 3 hours and not yet successful filling the form:

Their Errors
1. Poor User Experience . Why on Earth should a user start all over again when the next registration page fumbles as a result of the application errror.
2. Unnecessary use of Auto Post Backs on some ASP.Net controls (e.g Why should the selection of Exam Town from dropdown do a partial postback to the server).
3. Javascript errors as a result of the poor usage of Ajax Update Panel and some Ajax controls in ASP.net.
4. How difficult is it to edit a name field in the database if the form is not yet closed. Why 2,500 fine ?
5. Clicking on the the institution drop down will not update the necessary controls.

The application is very frustrating and i feel like smashing my laptop on the wall angry
It is high time National Web Projects are properly scrutinized b4 approved for general usage. It is a slap on Good Developers in Nigeria if such web applications are hosted for a big project like that.
Re: What Is Wrong With Jamb Online Registration Web Application ? by Nobody: 12:52am On Feb 14, 2009
Filling the jamb online forms is one of my internet night mares - i will rather tell the person requesting that "sorry, i cant help you - i am not computer literate" unless i really cannot escape it - the application should be sent to the recycle bin - and as for the developer (ehm - i will not pass judgement) - for a commercial site - it is the users / clients that ought to pass judgement.

But me i will say, that application is f?!#*k up!
Re: What Is Wrong With Jamb Online Registration Web Application ? by quadrillio(m): 1:46pm On Feb 16, 2009
Jamb Online Registration Web Application is RUBBISH.

I don't know whather in naija we don't do proper testng or what.
Re: What Is Wrong With Jamb Online Registration Web Application ? by yawatide(f): 3:52pm On Feb 16, 2009
dammytosh,

This issue has been known for at least 3 years now. In fact, when I did my own research, I found out that the "developers" of the site boasted of executives with over 20 years of combined experience in software development.

The reason the site is the way it is, is quite simple: It was given to ppl not based on intellect but based on cronyism.

Let's for a moment, assume I am wrong and these guys know what they are doing. At the very least, why didn't they do any kind of load testing? Didn't they anticipate millions of hits at the same time? If you dig deeper, chances are that they are running that site off of 1 server which might not even be a dedicated one at that.

IMHO, rather than let ppl go thru this, they shd just revert to the way it was, with a twist: provide fillable PDF forms that ppl can fill out online. At least, the characters typed will be legible.

(1) (Reply)

Asp.net And Php/mysql Special Training For Programmers / Android Dictionary Application With Search Suggest And Text To Speech Feature / Who Knows Software Programming Companies In Ikeja Or Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.