Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1048508 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 10:47pm On Nov 05, 2015
scrollmeout:
Hello Guys. I'm happy to announce that i received my ITA to apply for PR subclass 189 today.

Thanks bossladymo1, my paddy Ferdimako, Ericktack i hail o, NNBB2012, Johnsontade, izykvision01 ,Chuckdee13, ewagbamio, and my dearest okpas12 who also got invited by the way. Paschal, chuckdee and doromel - waiting on you, all the best!
Lest i forget @Futuredon (Mr Knock) grin
So happy 4 u Sir. U will be testifying soon with ur visa. I'm seriously tapping into it.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 10:49pm On Nov 05, 2015
lumzy1:
The wait from VETASSESS is finally over. Got a positive assessment for my occupation this morning.

Pls Gurus in the house, what are the documents needed to apply for Victoria nomination (as a Geologist want to apply for subclass 190 visa )

Congrats. Please, did you do a 4-year degree and from which University?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 10:54pm On Nov 05, 2015
bevybay:
I want to address my Civil Engineering transcript and IELTS for assessment by Australia Engineer, can someone kindly assist with their Address .Thanks

You need to upload all your documents online since you are doing an online application so you don't need to send any document to them. I would advise you to go for the fast track because it is possible to get the outcome within 24hrs.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 10:55pm On Nov 05, 2015
Donobelu:
A year and half. Please house what is IOM and what is there website?
IOM is international organization for migration. They help wit cheaper air tickets n also concessional baggage. you can Google both iom Nigeria and iom Australia for more info. I contacted both, though I finally bought my ticket thru iom Nigeria.
Best of luck
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 11:47pm On Nov 05, 2015
NNBB2012:

Congrats. Please, did you do a 4-year degree and from which University?

He did a 4yr degree from UI.

UI is part of the schools.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:49pm On Nov 05, 2015
bellong:

All right, thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Manweysabi(m): 12:01am On Nov 06, 2015
bellong:

Hi bellong, I'm still expecting to get the document you got those universities VETASSESS considers.

Though, mine is ABU, Zaria.
Maybe you can help me check it.

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 12:03am On Nov 06, 2015
NNBB2012:

All right, thanks.

Welcome...

Manweysabi:

Hi bellong, I'm still expecting to get the document you got those universities VETASSESS considers.
Though, mine is ABU, Zaria.
Maybe you can help me check it.
Thanks

I am yet to find the document. Want to ask my friend if he has it. I think ABU is part of it.

It is an old syllabus for universities that they are yet to update. From what I was told, it was prepared in the late 90s
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Manweysabi(m): 12:05am On Nov 06, 2015
bellong:

Welcome...

I am yet to find the document. Want to ask my friend if he has it. I think ABU is part of it.

Ok, thanks for the swift response.

Staying positive.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Onaolorundun: 1:31am On Nov 06, 2015
Onaolorundun:
Good evening to everyone in the house, I'm applying for student dependent visa by nextweek and I need where I can get a checklist of the documents I will submit. Although I have some doc with me but I don't know if it's enough. These are the list of doc I have
1. Certified copy of marriage certificate
2. Letter from my spouse educational provider ( Griffith)
3. Form 157 and form 919 from my spouse
4. my own form 157
5. Certified copy of my international passport and that of my spouse
6. My own yellow card
7. My bank statement and spouse bank statement
I want to know if there's anything I need to add as I ll be going to submit this coming Monday..... Thanks and I await your replies
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 2:26am On Nov 06, 2015
[quote author=Onaolorundun post=39727517][/quote]

There's a checklist that is always given for any visa application. If you follow the list for your subclass, you have nothing to worry.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bikerboy1(m): 3:09am On Nov 06, 2015
bikerboy1:

Gurus in the house am still waiting for your response to enable me take the right decision.

Your advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Onaolorundun: 8:12am On Nov 06, 2015
Can u help me with the site where I can see the checklist? And also, I will appreciate if anyone could help me review document I posted if there's any document I'm missing. I forgot to add oshc
bellong:

There's a checklist that is always given for any visa application. If you follow the list for your subclass, you have nothing to worry.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 9:04am On Nov 06, 2015
Congrats to scrollmeout.
scrollmeout:
Hello Guys. I'm happy to announce that i received my ITA to apply for PR subclass 189 today.

Thanks bossladymo1, my paddy Ferdimako, Ericktack i hail o, NNBB2012, Johnsontade, izykvision01 ,Chuckdee13, ewagbamio, and my dearest okpas12 who also got invited by the way. Paschal, chuckdee and doromel - waiting on you, all the best!
Lest i forget @Futuredon (Mr Knock) grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 9:17am On Nov 06, 2015
pingu2k5:
Congrats to scrollmeout.
Thanks pingu2k5, 2 posh, chi50, and Adetoi01. Okpas12, we'll pop champagne this weekend. Bellong, i sight you too.

Pls house, which is the 'cheapest' way to pay my application fees, seeing the high exchange rates from banks and charges that come with it? Or is GTB Mastercard my best bet. I recently paid for something in USD and they charged me @ N231/dollar. I'm paying AUD7200.

Please help a brother out
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Graham355: 10:46am On Nov 06, 2015
scrollmeout:
Thanks pingu2k5, 2 posh, chi50, and Adetoi01. Okpas12, we'll pop champagne this weekend. Bellong, i sight you too.

Pls house, which is the 'cheapest' way to pay my application fees, seeing the high exchange rates from banks and charges that come with it? Or is GTB Mastercard my best bet. I recently paid for something in USD and they charged me @ N231/dollar. I'm paying AUD7200.

Sir I don't think you can pay that amount of money using your Mastercard. I think most cards have a daily limit of USD1000 or it's equivalence in any other currency.

I believe you can either use a domiciliary account Or purchase forex (Form A). I'm not sure about the latter because it's mainly used to purchase currency for business and personal travel purposes including payment of tuition.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Omonjoe(m): 11:45am On Nov 06, 2015
I am confused on which route to use for my Australia ambition. I really have interest to further my education and I also wish to leave this country which ever possible easiest legal means to Australia.
Here is my profile;

1. Have B.Eng in Elect / Elect Engr 2:1 in year 2010

2. Have M.Eng in Elect / Elect Engr in year 2014

3. Have been working since September 2011 in a Federal govt Engineering Reasearch Institute.

4. I am in my late 29years of age

5. I am single

6. Currently preparing for my IELTS.

Please I need ur sincere advice on the route (STUDY or PR) to take considering the time involved in visa processing and rate of visa approval.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 4lashyme: 1:09pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hello House,

I just got my IELTS result and I'm waiting for VATESSES on my assessment. I intend to apply for the 190 visa.

Could anyone please advice me on what to do while I await the outcome of my assessment. thank you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adetoi01(m): 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
Use Form A. I did mine with sterling. The commission with them is 1 percent. And it reflected there within 3 days. Ask your bank too. Best regards.
scrollmeout:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 1:59pm On Nov 06, 2015
@Omonjoe,

PR is the best bet for you. Your BSc is enough. Go to Engineer Australia's website for requirements needed for your skills assessment.

4lashyme:
Hello House,
I just got my IELTS result and I'm waiting for VATESSES on my assessment. I intend to apply for the 190 visa.
Could anyone please advice me on what to do while I await the outcome of my assessment. thank you.

Is your occupation not on the SOL list?

Meanwhile, there's nothing you need to do till your assessment is out.

@Onaolorundun,

I don't have the link, I am sorry.I
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Donobelu: 2:11pm On Nov 06, 2015
@chi50 in my letter grant they state that I can't travel to Australia until my insurance start and my OSHC will start on February 8, my question now is do you have that clause too I'm your grant? Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bikerboy1(m): 2:17pm On Nov 06, 2015
bikerboy1:
Please gurus in the house, help a brother out.
Am applying to Uni Adelaide to do Masters in Agribusiness which is the course I also studied in University.

but the challenge here is that the school requirements includes

1. Two years of documented relevant professional or Mgt experience

OR

An honours degree in any discipline, or equivalent?

2. A CV/RESUME outlining professional experience.

These 2 are the challenging ones.
I graduated in 2011, went for service 2012 finished 2013. where my ppa was teaching.
After service in 2012 I got a job as an athlete in Imo State sports council under the ministry of youth and sports.

my duty was just to train and represent the state in various national competitions.

My problem is with the issue of documented relevant professional or management experience as I have never practiced what I studied.
Please how do I do this.

should I tell them that I worked in a sports council?

you people should guide me properly cuz I don't want to jeopardise my chances, even considering that I have to pay $100 application fee.

Thanks in advance.

Still waiting for advice.

will it be advisable to claim professional experience? and what kind of proof Will be required?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifeco1: 3:11pm On Nov 06, 2015
My people!!!! My God has done it. My SVP 573 visa grant just dropped. I'm so happy rn. Brizzy I'm coming. Thanks to every one on this thread, I'm greatful.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 3:25pm On Nov 06, 2015
Adetoi01:
Use Form A. I did mine with sterling. The commission with them is 1 percent. And it reflected there within 3 days. Ask your bank too. Best regards.

Thanks. For form A will I need to provide the recipients bank account? And what is the rate please?

To pay on immi account, I need to enter my card details. The account number isn't specified.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jayooh: 3:29pm On Nov 06, 2015
It AUD7200 the visa fee for your PR app or what?

scrollmeout:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Omonjoe(m): 3:35pm On Nov 06, 2015
Thanks man. I have checked.
Pls what is d approximate time the whole process will take from assessment to visa approval.

What are the chances of visa approval compare to student visa?
bellong:
@Omonjoe,

PR is the best bet for you. Your BSc is enough. Go to Engineer Australia's website for requirements needed for your skills assessment.

Is your occupation not on the SOL list?

Meanwhile, there's nothing you need to do till your assessment is out.

@Onaolorundun,

I don't have the link, I am sorry.I
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ojay2053(m): 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2015
Please house, who would be my best option for sponsor in visa application, my in law, uncle or friend? Can someone help me out.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
Ifeco1:
My people!!!! My God has done it. My SVP 573 visa grant just dropped. I'm so happy rn. Brizzy I'm coming. Thanks to every one on this thread, I'm greatful.

Congrats Brother, This is a November to Remember!!! Bro, Please share your TimeLine of submission to Visa Grant Approval... also share with us the docx you submitted. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 3:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
Ifeco1:

Congrats Ifeco1 smiley
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adetoi01(m): 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2015
Yeah, you'll need to provide the recipient details such as bank name, account number, account name, swift code, amongst others. Just ask the school for the details you'll need to make a telegraphic payment, then walk into your bank of choice and tell them you need Form A. About the rate, mine was done using the official exchange rate, that is 1 dollar to 199 (based on the official exchange rate for the day)
scrollmeout:

Thanks. For form A will I need to provide the recipients bank account? And what is the rate please?

To pay on immi account, I need to enter my card details. The account number isn't specified.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pmiller1: 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2015
Ifeco1:
Congrats bro... Surely November to Remember... Btw i thought Immi only send grants on Tues, Wed and Thurs only?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adetoi01(m): 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
Waoh, congrats man. This is a season to rejoice!
Ifeco1:

This is surely a November to remember! cheesy
deleyi20:

Congrats Brother, This is a November to Remember in This Group!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.