Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1049248 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 10:43pm On Dec 06, 2015
Hi,

You normally don't get any acknowledgement mail from Pretoria, you will only get your grant on your email.

C/O will only contact you if in case she needs any further clarification (I put she Bcus na so so women full Student Department for Pretoria and I no know y, maybe men are forbidden... hehehehehe).

Anyways, keep checking your email. You can only contact them 5weeks after your submission if you haven heard from them.

Goodluck!!!

Onaolorundun:
Good evening to everyone in the house. I applied for student dependent visa (suclass 573) on the 11th of November 2015 (about 3 weeks ago) and since then I only got a mail from teleperformance that my application has been sent to the Australian embassy in Pretoria ( on the 12th of nov). I haven't been contacted by the embassy itself that my application has been received neither have I been assigned a case officer. My questions are:
1) Do I have to call the embassy and make enquiries about my application?
2) Is it a must for a case officer handling ones application to contact before Visa is granted?
3) What is the maximum number of time required to wait before a case officer is assigned? And the average time required to process the application?
My oshc will start on the 20th of this month... Pls I need your advices on what do and clarifications. Thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ollykay(m): 1:26am On Dec 07, 2015
Hello experts,

Please i have two questions

I. Im applying for an undergraduate programme in Australia (Univerity of Adelaide) but my budget can only cover a smester without rancour. Pls advice, can i get a part- job to save for the next semester payment? How possible is that, please advice.

Pls note that i have work experience in both Saudi Arabia and US both less than 3yrs.

II. Im going as a study abroad direct entry student, can my visa application still be regarded as SVP? Pls advice.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 5:20am On Dec 07, 2015
^^^^

1. Please don't try this. You should have access to fund for your tuition especially if you are coming to South Australia.

2. SVP is dependent on your school and course. I want to believe most if not all of Adelaide's courses are SVP.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Onaolorundun: 6:54am On Dec 07, 2015
Thanks for the reply God bless you... my mind is at rest a bit cos I was over worried
erictack203:
Hi,

You normally don't get any acknowledgement mail from Pretoria, you will only get your grant on your email.

C/O will only contact you if in case she needs any further clarification (I put she Bcus na so so women full Student Department for Pretoria and I no know y, maybe men are forbidden... hehehehehe).

Anyways, keep checking your email. You can only contact them 5weeks after your submission if you haven heard from them.

Goodluck!!!

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 07, 2015
Hi Guys, I will be submitting my application later today.....wish me luck!!! smiley

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ollykay(m): 6:59am On Dec 07, 2015
bellong:
^^^^

1. Please don't try this. You should have access to fund for your tuition especially if you are coming to South Australia.

2. SVP is dependent on your school and course. I want to believe most if not all of Adelaide's courses are SVP.

Thanks for responding, you mean i can not get any part time job while studying or i will be so occupied with studies, or i can not get any work no matter how rough or tough, also i can not work during semester or defere d next semester and work?

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 7:06am On Dec 07, 2015
ollykay:

Thanks for responding, you mean i can not get any part time job while studying or i will be so occupied with studies, or i can not get any work no matter how rough or tough, also i can not work during semester or defere d next semester and work?

Thanks

It is not advisable to bank on wages from part time job to offset your tuition. You run the risk of defaulting your visa conditions.

It doesn't mean you can't get a part time job. At least you should have tuition fee for a year even if you are considering part time job.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 7:24am On Dec 07, 2015
Onaolorundun:
Thanks for the reply God bless you... my mind is at rest a bit cos I was over worried
My brother the wait is something else, let's see what Monday has got in store for us
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adetoi01(m): 8:52am On Dec 07, 2015
linaluv:
PLEase can anyone help me with low tuition fees colleges or universities in australia, ?

what are the step by step procedures in applying to them, i dont wanna deal with thier agents in Nigeria seeing that i have fears that they are likely to make things difficult for applicants who arent financial bouyant

what do you think of vocational schools?
It has been said times without number that Australian schools ain't cheap/low tuition, so, I'll advice you surf the net for the courses you're interested in, or the courses with tuition that fit your needs. A site I can recommend is: http://www.studyportals.com, you can search for bachelor, masters, doctorate degrees there. I used this myself, you can check schools' ranking on http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2015.
About the processes, after you've found the school(s) you're interested in, go through their site to know the necessary documents needed, after which you apply. You'll usually pay about 100 dollars in application fees. Try and make sure your school is svp. If your admission is granted, you'll pay part of the tuition plus health insurance (OSHC), usually at least, 6k dollars, after which an eCoE will be granted. This is what you'll use to apply for visa. Then, apply for the visa. Tada! You're done.
About vocational schools, I have no idea.
Best wishes in your endeavours.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sftt: 10:11am On Dec 07, 2015
Waoh! congratulations ...[quote author=aariwa post=40734390][/quote]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
Submit and get your Grant!!! It's waiting for you up there at Pretoria.

Goodluck!!!

enyinna4:
Hi Guys, I will be submitting my application later today.....wish me luck!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Shodur(f): 5:20pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hiiii e-fam...we give God all the glory. Got my student visa 573 grant this afternoon...Perth here I come...whoop whoop

I want to thank you guys for the continuous support and words of encouragement. I used Pfl to apply for my visa. I'm a pharmacist and hence very busy schedule. That's why I jst left it to Pfl. That dint mean I dint follow up o or get involved.

Timeline: lodged my application on the 13th of November at teleperformance...got an automatic email reply that same day that my application had been sent to the visa centre. Heard nothing else till today.

Got my visa grant today 7th November, early this afternoon around 2pm ish.

Thank you guys once again.God bless kiss

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 6:08pm On Dec 07, 2015
Congratulationsssss. Got your grant 7th December. smiley

Tapping into your blessing.

Shodur:
Hiiii e-fam...we give God all the glory. Got my student visa 573 grant this afternoon...Perth here I come...whoop whoop

I want to thank you guys for the continuous support and words of encouragement. I used Pfl to apply for my visa. I'm a pharmacist and hence very busy schedule. That's why I jst left it to Pfl. That dint mean I dint follow up o or get involved.

Timeline: lodged my application on the 13th of November at teleperformance...got an automatic email reply that same day that my application had been sent to the visa centre. Heard nothing else till today.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2015
Shodur:

Congrts @shodur, I am next in line in jesus name Amen.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adetoi01(m): 6:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
Eric, I no know say you never get your grant o.
erictack203:
Congratulationsssss. Got your grant 7th December. smiley

Tapping into your blessing.

Congrats, May good news continue to abound here.
Shodur:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
Shodur:

Congrats Shodur, This is awesome news; i'm also headed to ECU- Perth. Are you also coming to ECU? #TeamPerth God bless you always
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Shodur(f): 10:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
deleyi20:

Congrats Shodur, This is awesome news; i'm also headed to ECU- Perth. Are you also coming to ECU? #TeamPerth God bless you always

Nah...going to uwa (uni of Western Australia).thanks so much. Literally can't keep calm. grin

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sanmibukunmi: 10:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
it seems most people are going for student visas.....can't someone go for work in Australia without studying there?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Shodur(f): 10:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
Thanks so much @eric @eyinna @adetoi...so excited.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 6:12am On Dec 08, 2015
My Bro na so we see am. It is possible through the permanent resident route but na long thing; documentation, processes, cost and above all the waiting and incessant request for additional documents! They LOVE to take their time and are very thorough to the smallest minutest of things! The PR advocates here, NNBB et al don tire self! All man na students route with PR in view. There has been just two PR grants here in the past six months......mine will be the next IJN!
sanmibukunmi:
it seems most people are going for student visas.....can't someone go for work in Australia without studying there?

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 10:37am On Dec 08, 2015
@Adetoi01,

No my dear, I never get, I am still waiting on the Lord's time.

Shodur made a mistake with the dates so I corrected her "November" instead of "December" smiley

Adetoi01:
Eric, I no know say you never get your grant o.

Congrats, May good news continue to abound here.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 10:39am On Dec 08, 2015
Am happy for you Joor, na Godwin am!

Shodur:
Thanks so much @eric @eyinna @adetoi...so excited.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 10:41am On Dec 08, 2015
Amen!

Ifexsco:
My Bro na so we see am. It is possible through the permanent resident route but na long thing; documentation, processes, cost and above all the waiting and incessant request for additional documents! They LOVE to take their time and are very thorough to the smallest minutest of things! The PR advocates here, NNBB et al don tire self! All man na students route with PR in view. There has been just two PR grants here in the past six months......mine will be the next IJN!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
Congrats Shodur
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 1:40pm On Dec 08, 2015
Ifexsco:
I'd like to differ with you on that. My PR route has been nothing but smooth all through. I probably don't have my grant yet cos I am the one intentionally delaying the process. The request for additional docs are not endless, you just have to process your docs at the right time. It took just 10 days from payment to get my CO. In fact, I could have been one of those to get the fastest grant on this thread, in just 3 weeks. I'll encourage anyone who meets the PR requirements to give it a shot. It's even sometimes faster than it her routes. Trust me, you'll never regret it. I'm sure there are other PR hopefulls who are just waiting cos of their personal circumstances too.
Shout out to bellong. Thanks for your help bro

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
plz for the gurus how can sumone check if his or her medical exam is cleared by the health department. i heard u will hv to go to immiaccount. plz can sumone elaborate on this plz. i did my meds last week.

@2posh @chi50 @futuredon @erictack201 @veryconcluded @godwingodwin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 4lashyme: 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hello House, just got a possitive outcome from Vetassess for my nominated occupation. Please i want to know if it's compulsary to provide statement of account when applying to SA nomination for PR. My funds are low now but will rise sometime early next yr. should i wait till then before i appy with the state? Kindly advice. thank you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Shodur(f): 6:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
2posh:
Congrats Shodur

Thanks so much smiley
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 6:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
chetaRay:
plz for the gurus how can sumone check if his or her medical exam is cleared by the health department. i heard u will hv to go to immiaccount. plz can sumone elaborate on this plz. i did my meds last week.

@2posh @chi50 @futuredon @erictack201 @veryconcluded @godwingodwin

2posh
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
4lashyme:
Hello House, just got a possitive outcome from Vetassess for my nominated occupation. Please i want to know if it's compulsary to provide statement of account when applying to SA nomination for PR. My funds are low now but will rise sometime early next yr. should i wait till then before i appy with the state? Kindly advice. thank you.

No you do not need to. As indicated on the SA website, you are only advised to have enough funds to cover your expenses. I hope you have enough funds for your application as you will be given 60 days to submit your application and pay upon invitation.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tunai(m): 7:24pm On Dec 08, 2015
4lashyme:

Hello, please how long did it take Vetassess to give you a positive response and what Anzsco code do you belong to. I just lodged mine 25th of last month and am wondering how long it takes. Tx
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 9:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
4lashyme:

Is it only SA that is sponsoring your occupation?

@scrollmeout, it is a pleasure bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.