Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1047517 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
4lashyme:
Hello House, just got a possitive outcome from Vetassess for my nominated occupation. Please i want to know if it's compulsary to provide statement of account when applying to SA nomination for PR. My funds are low now but will rise sometime early next yr. should i wait till then before i appy with the state? Kindly advice. thank you.
Congrats! You really do not need to show that except if it is categorically stated. Which occupation did you nominate?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tenaj123: 5:40am On Dec 09, 2015
ada4all:

Are u in RMIT? If yes, pls hw is d school? Are there Nigerians there? Are jobs in Melbourne and wat kinda jobs....what is d pay like....i would appreciate any feedback.

Hey Ada, I was searching to find out if there was anybody with a similar case as mine. Its been 12 weeks and I still havent heard from CIC, i notice you are already making applications to Australia, so am I( Just incase the response is negative), have you applied to an Australian school already? I recently got admitted into Deakin University Melbourne.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nillowpages: 6:39am On Dec 09, 2015
chuckdee13:
ok thats much better. great work smiley
Austria is a member of the EU and has signed the Schengen Agreement that standardises border controls (effectively it allows unlimited travel within the member countries). The Schengen area contains all of the EU except Ireland and the United Kingdom. Switzerland, Iceland and Norway are not EU countries, but part of the Schengen agreement (not ratified at the time of writing). Tourist visa are issued by the country to which you want to travel to, but valid for all countries in the Schengen area.

http://www.nillowpages.com
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kennethagada(m): 7:20am On Dec 09, 2015
Please oo i posted a question earlier but no answer. My school curtin university does SVP and the agent is now telling me that things have change recently, that i am suppose to submit a statement of account of 6 million from my account or account of my sponsor bearing the same surname with me or it has to be somebody bearing a different surname but has a PR in Australia or newziland.
now the whole thing is a big problem, i contacted another agent who is not the school agent and he said his doesn't work that way that the moment i get my eCoe i should send it to along side my document and leave the statement of account things to him.
Please is it advice-able to change from the school agent after getting eCoe?
is they any truth in what this new agent is telling me? cus i got his contact from Australia Immigration portal
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 7:47am On Dec 09, 2015
^^^^^ What stops you from applying yourself?

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sftt: 9:08am On Dec 09, 2015
4lashyme:
Hello House, just got a possitive outcome from Vetassess for my nominated occupation. Please i want to know if it's compulsary to provide statement of account when applying to SA nomination for PR. My funds are low now but will rise sometime early next yr. should i wait till then before i appy with the state? Kindly advice. thank you.

Congratulations 4lashyme, and we are also Tapping into this good news...

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 9:24am On Dec 09, 2015
please what is the importance of SVP?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kennethagada(m): 9:51am On Dec 09, 2015
what is stopping me is the length of time i have. my course starts by February 22nd and i don't know how long it may take me to get student visa if i am applying myslf. Please what are my required document to process the visa my self to avoid delay? thanks
bellong:
^^^^^ What stops you from applying yourself?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 9:53am On Dec 09, 2015
Solitin40:
please what is the importance of SVP?

SVP -------- STREAMLINED VISA PROCESSING

If ur course nd school are under SVP it means dat u wont be assessed as a LEVEL 2 & 3 country which naija is but as a LEVEL 1 Country like d USA UK CANADA ETC. it also implies dat u will be eligible to produce fewer documents during ur visa application.

hope it satisfies u @solitin40
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 10:07am On Dec 09, 2015
Why not g tru th thread and get all th information you need?

kennethagada:
Please oo i posted a question earlier but no answer. My school curtin university does SVP and the agent is now telling me that things have change recently, that i am suppose to submit a statement of account of 6 million from my account or account of my sponsor bearing the same surname with me or it has to be somebody bearing a different surname but has a PR in Australia or newziland.
now the whole thing is a big problem, i contacted another agent who is not the school agent and he said his doesn't work that way that the moment i get my eCoe i should send it to along side my document and leave the statement of account things to him.
is they any truth in what this new agent is telling me? cus i got his contact from Australia Immigration portal
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by matyk: 10:58am On Dec 09, 2015
Do I have anyone in the house who submitted his or her australia visa Application on Monday 30th Nov 2015 I really need to be ur pal cos I submitted d same day....
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 11:37am On Dec 09, 2015
Good.morning', please 2posh future don erik and others can u give me guidelines in writing my sop for visa. For someone with bsc different frm work experience and diferent frm intended course of study. 2posh i think this was ur case right? Kindly advise with guidelines thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Babahafusaa: 11:37am On Dec 09, 2015
Babahafusaa:
Hello house, I need some advice here plz...I submitted my student visa application class 572 SVP on 27th of Oct with Teleperformance Lagos..the application got to Pretoria on 30th same month/week. But ever since then I haven't received any feedback from the embassy...my commencement date as stated on my ecoe is 1st of December and I indicated 28th of this month as my departure date....i mailed them on Monday and I was replied immediately stating that my application is still under process. Iam yet to do my medicals sef.... also waiting for their directive before doing that...today is 19th my departure date is 28th commencement date 1st of december.....i need advice and opinions pls...what step do you think I can take @ this stage?..

Finally got a feedback from them on the 27th of nov with a Refusal note embarassed cry cry cry cry

Reasons for refusal is as stated below
---------------------------------------------

1). Generic SOP I.e not specific
i guess my sop wasn't explanatory enough cry

2). Irrelevant intended course
I have BSC in public health and i combined 2 science related courses and a management course for Advance Diploma in Management Certificate (572) class. courses are as below
(i) CERTIFICATE III IN AGED CARE

(ii) DIPLOMA IN COMMUNITY SERVICE WORK

(iii) ADVANCE DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT which is the main course others are just prerequisites and i feel MANAGEMENT is required in all organisations.

3). No work experience in Health Science, and courses selected to justify reasons to undertake the courses i intend to practice in Aussy.
i actually indicated Teaching of integrated science subject in a secondary school as my work experience.

4). (GTE) Genuine Temporary entrant issue

As i indicated that am a share-holder in a family company with proof and also indicated am in a relationship but not legally engaged.

NOW AM PLANNING TO GET A NEW eCOE AGAINST FEBRUARY Admission.

I NEED THE HOUSE TO HELP ME PLAN HOW AND WHEN TO RE-APPLY SO AS TO AVOID THE ABOVE MISTAKE FROM REPEATING ITSELF as am anticipating the FEBRUARY Admissions.

I NEED YOU GUYS SUPPORT AND OPINIONS AS I WANT TO CARRY THE HOUSE ALONG THIS TIME.

God bless

i need people we can re-view my SOP together please HELP!!!!

@chi50 @2posh @erictka203 @futuredon @veryconcluded @godwingodwin @NNBB22 @demi0 @laminaria

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Babahafusaa: 11:38am On Dec 09, 2015

@chi50 @2posh @erictka203 @futuredon @veryconcluded @godwingodwin @NNBB22 @demi0 @laminaria
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Babahafusaa: 11:40am On Dec 09, 2015
Babahafusaa:

my email is babahafustic@gmail.com

God bless
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Babahafusaa: 11:41am On Dec 09, 2015

@chi50 @2posh @erictka203 @futuredon @veryconcluded @godwingodwin @NNBB22 @demi0 @laminaria and other GURUS

my email is (babahafustic@gmail.com

God bless
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 12:14pm On Dec 09, 2015
Keneth,

There is nothing the agent can do to speed up the visa process. It takes about the same time if you apply yourself and if you do through an agent.

For information, read this thread or go to Australian Border Force's website for requirements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by runbler: 2:03pm On Dec 09, 2015
Hello good day everyone ..pls I need suggestions and advices from people that has been in similar situations on what can be done .i got my self a return ticket for 2 weeks for an examination.but at the moment the examination has been rescheduled to late January as against my ticket which was extended for me till December 9th.pls I will like to know if it's possible to get a refund for the ticket or if I can sell this return ticket back to Nigeria to some one if possible at a discount.because the agent that got it for me is saying that after the expiry date I might not be able to use it
Mods pls help me so I don't loose out on my money
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by braddddddd: 2:45pm On Dec 09, 2015
for the GURUs in the house.........Hello house, i want to ask a simple question, kinda confused so just wanna find out (can a visa be gotten or applied directly in australia without going to pretoria) let's assume i'm a ghana national, can i apply directly at australia without my application going to ghana?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by braddddddd: 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2015
for the GURUs in the house.........Hello house, i want to ask a simple question, kinda confused so just wanna find out (can a visa be gotten or applied directly in australia without going to pretoria) let's assume i'm a ghana national, can i apply directly at australia without my application going to pretora?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 3:14pm On Dec 09, 2015
kennethagada:
Bcie I guess
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 3:18pm On Dec 09, 2015
chetaRay:

2posh

Hi ChetaRay,

I don't know about checking the outcome of your medicals on immiaccount.

Why are you stressing about it?

Since you've done it, just focus on your visa application, 'cos I doubt there's anything you can do about the outcome of the medicals now.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 3:36pm On Dec 09, 2015
[quote author=Mikey post=40842087]
Bcie I guess
If I may drop my 2cents... Stay clear from them... Svp dos not need account for application... Unless they called and demand for it... Am svp my Australian Mara agent said I should stick to the visa checklist...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
mPop:
Good.morning', please 2posh future don erik and others can u give me guidelines in writing my sop for visa. For someone with bsc different frm work experience and diferent frm intended course of study. 2posh i think this was ur case right? Kindly advise with guidelines thanks

Hi mPop,

the guidelines you seek are actually those 5 points the SOP requires you to answer.

Your SOP has to address each and everyone of them enough to satisfy your Case Officer.

That's what makes the skeleton of your essay.

As for the 3 different fields matter; it depends on the peculiarity of your situation.

Get thinking and find a way to link the 3 fields.

What course did you study and what influenced the decision to study it? Was it a good decision at the time? What changed?

What field is your job experience in and how have you used it to make an impact, no matter how small?

What influenced you to pursue a career in a field different from what you studied? What have you learnt from the experience? How have you used it? Was it a good decision to also go into this field at the time? What changed?

What other experiences do you have? What other extra-curricular activities are you involved in or have been involved in, in the past?

How has life in Nigeria and the experiences you have from work and other activities prepared you for the new course you're going for?

What influenced your choice of the new field you're now intending to go into? Is it a lack of self-actualization/fulfillment that makes you want to change fields again? What makes you believe you'll achieve what you seek in this new field? Is it a passion you've picked up? Is it something you always had in you but never really explored?

How will the new course be beneficial to you in future - career-wise and in developing Nigeria? Are there statistics to support the necessity/demand for people in this field in Nigeria?

et cetera, et cetera.

These are the kind of questions I asked myself when writing mine. Answer them truthfully(or as very close to the truth as you possibly can). We all know this is mostly a means to an end(PR) but some elements of truth have to be included to make it authentic, before you embellish it if you must.

The bits and pieces of answers you give yourself will start to come together to fill out the body of the essay.

Include some personal details. You can talk about things that concern your family or friends or the immediate society. The personal touch always sells #MyOpinion. Eg - if you're going for nursing, maybe you lost a family member because the nurses didn't do their job or were not well trained and you want to be part of the change to correct that, by getting a good nursing education. Maybe you were involved in or witnessed a ghastly accident and now want to be helping people needing medical care. Maybe you're the first child and grew up taking care of your younger ones and now feel the need to keep taking care of other people in the society. Stuff like that...

Put on your thinking cap and good luck.

When done, you can ask the house gurus to help you review.

#HopeThisHelps

cc Babahafusaa

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Goke7: 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2015
Please who can help me with the latest pte englist test pratice questions, I learnt they have just changed their syllabus, so the one I have been using to prepare all the while is outdated, Please can anyone help me out, I just got a positive assessment from vettasses and I need to do my english test to proceed to apply for state nomination. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
4lashyme:

Congrats 4lashyme
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2015
2posh:

Hi mPop,

the guidelines you seek are actually those 5 points the SOP requires you to answer.

Your SOP has to address each and everyone of them enough to satisfy your Case Officer.

That's what makes the skeleton of your essay.

As for the 3 different fields matter; it depends on the peculiarity of your situation.

Get thinking and find a way to link the 3 fields.

What course did you study and what influenced the decision to study it? Was it a good decision at the time? What changed?

What field is your job experience in and how have you used it to make an impact, no matter how small?

What influenced you to pursue a career in a field different from what you studied? What have you learnt from the experience? How have you used it? Was it a good decision to also go into this field at the time? What changed?

What other experiences do you have? What other extra-curricular activities are you involved in or have been involved in, in the past?

How has life in Nigeria and the experiences you have from work and other activities prepared you for the new course you're going for?

What influenced your choice of the new field you're now intending to go into? Is it a lack of self-actualization/fulfillment that makes you want to change fields again? What makes you believe you'll achieve what you seek in this new field? Is it a passion you've picked up? Is it something you always had in you but never really explored?

How will the new course be beneficial to you in future - career-wise and in developing Nigeria? Are there statistics to support the necessity/demand for people in this field in Nigeria?

et cetera, et cetera.

These are the kind of questions I asked myself when writing mine. Answer them truthfully(or as very close to the truth as you possibly can). We all know this is mostly a means to an end(PR) but some elements of truth have to be included to make it authentic, before you embellish it if you must.

The bits and pieces of answers you give yourself will start to come together to fill out the body of the essay.

Include some personal details. You can talk about things that concern your family or friends or the immediate society. The personal touch always sells #MyOpinion. Eg - if you're going for nursing, maybe you lost a family member because the nurses didn't do their job or were not well trained and you want to be part of the change to correct that, by getting a good nursing education. Maybe you were involved in or witnessed a ghastly accident and now want to be helping people needing medical care. Maybe you're the first child and grew up taking care of your younger ones and now feel the need to keep taking care of other people in the society. Stuff like that...

Put on your thinking cap and good luck.

When done, you can ask the house gurus to help you review.

#HopeThisHelps

cc Babahafusaa

You are very brilliant!! Thanks a lot for this
For d 5points i dont know d 5points u r reffering to
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
The problem tho is that the 3 fields r not related. I studied botany wrked as a sales executive nd nw goin for health service mgt.
Reason why i might find it difficult .... What do u think?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2015
mPop:

You are very brilliant!! Thanks a lot for this
For d 5points i dont know d 5points u r reffering to

You've not looked at the application form before worrying about writing SOP?

Go download it and look at No.33 - that's how SOP comes into the picture - the 5points are there.

Please read the whole form before writing SOP and make sure your stories align with what you're filling in the form.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 5:14pm On Dec 09, 2015
2posh:

You've not looked at the application form before worrying about writing SOP?

Go download it and look at No.33 - that's how SoP comes into the picture - the 5points are there.

Kk thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 5:14pm On Dec 09, 2015
mPop:
The problem tho is that the 3 fields r not related. I studied botany wrked as a sales executive nd nw goin for health service mgt.
Reason why i might find it difficult .... What do u think?

shocked

Ahn ahn, what then did you take away from the long epistle answer I wrote?

I gave you ideas on how to find a way to LINK your involvement in the 3 fields. Emphasis on 'LINK'

It's not about proving that they are related, because they aren't. It's about explaining how you arrived where you are now (your current stage in life) and where you are going(the future and your plans for it)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.