Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1043852 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 13, 2015
kennethagada:
Hello, by the grace of God February i will be coming to perth. Please can i find an apartment of AUD70 or less per week? i will like to know cus what is online is scary about AUD150 - 180 per week (outrageous)
AUD $70? I doubt it, may be that is utility cost/week. You may see room share on gumtree anyway with that amount, but is unlikely.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Manweysabi(m): 9:42am On Dec 13, 2015
apajetura:
Hello house, i submitted my documents to vetassess almost 2 months ago and all i see is "in progress". I will like to kno if this is normal or there is smth to be worried about.

It is normal...

Give it 3 months to breath.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aceBlazer: 9:43am On Dec 13, 2015
lilspiceyy:

I think it depends on the school policy for international students. Some schools requests for statement (just to be on the safe side should in case DIBP wants to probe further) while some don't.

Alright... Adds up. Cheers
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 9:56am On Dec 13, 2015
johnsontade:

Sent you a message... Reply.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by careerwoman(f): 10:54am On Dec 13, 2015
Adetoi01:
If it is for your school fees deposit, it has been said "a million times" that Form A is the best option as the official exchange rate for the day is used. A little percentage is charged as commission, usually less than 3 percent of what you're paying. Tall to your bank. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much but the transaction is not for school fees. I have a conference in europe next year and I want to book for an accommodation online. GTB's exchange rate is quite high.. I just want to know if there are other banks with reasonable exchange rates for online transaction.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 12:57pm On Dec 13, 2015
nurseafrica:
On my form 157 A, i forgot to fill on page 26 number 110 the payment details initially because i was not sure of the exert amount and my agent asked that i fill it when i get to teleperformance to avoid filling the wrong figure, this happened because i was not sure of the amount and when i paid at teleperformance it did not occur to me to fill it. I have submitted to teleperformance Abuja? Will this have any effect
After bio metrics declaration, on page 26 of form 157A, number 112 is the last question tagged 113 captioned Declaration i also discovered that i did not sign this, ever since i have been so scared, hardly eat or concentrate on anything, i was almost knocked down by a vehicle when i was in deep taught.
What can i do? Have Google DIBP and Pretoria but no info on this. Gurus will this affect my Application and what can i do.? i was at teleperformance on 8/12/2015 and did medicals on 9/12/2015 in abuja. Have not gotten any mail from DIBP acknowledging my application has been lodged.
So worried

even fear don dey catch me for u grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin... dont bother as for that 26 110 the payment receipt got u covered... ut as for those decrarations... ur covered by that signature u tendered during biometrics...u will be granted on before 31 dec2015 shout amen
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aceBlazer: 12:58pm On Dec 13, 2015
nurseafrica:
On my form 157 A, i forgot to fill on page 26 number 110 the payment details initially because i was not sure of the exert amount and my agent asked that i fill it when i get to teleperformance to avoid filling the wrong figure, this happened because i was not sure of the amount and when i paid at teleperformance it did not occur to me to fill it. I have submitted to teleperformance Abuja? Will this have any effect
After bio metrics declaration, on page 26 of form 157A, number 112 is the last question tagged 113 captioned Declaration i also discovered that i did not sign this, ever since i have been so scared, hardly eat or concentrate on anything, i was almost knocked down by a vehicle when i was in deep taught.
What can i do? Have Google DIBP and Pretoria but no info on this. Gurus will this affect my Application and what can i do.? i was at teleperformance on 8/12/2015 and did medicals on 9/12/2015 in abuja. Have not gotten any mail from DIBP acknowledging my application has been lodged.
So worried

I have looked at the contents of those pages you skipped and I think they are crucial especially the declaration page where you need to sign... Am not so confident of giving advice on this cos I haven't even got to that stage... But if I were in your shoes right now ... I'd think that those skipped pieces of information are very capable of jeopardizing my grant... And for that any actions to try to correct things would be better than doing nothing. I think you should pick those pages out and fill them and go submit to teleperformance as additional documents which might attract some additional service charge (less than 5k). Of course you should let them know you skipped those parts. You can always submit additional documents regarding your application at any point before you get a final feedback.

My little tots wink

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aceBlazer: 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2015
aceBlazer:

I have looked at the contents of those pages you skipped and I think they are crucial especially the declaration page where you need to sign... Am not so confident of giving advice on this cos I haven't even got to that stage... But if I were in your shoes right now ... I'd think that those skipped pieces of information are very capable of jeopardizing my grant... And for that any actions to try to correct things would be better than doing nothing. I think you should pick those pages out and fill them and go submit to teleperformance as additional documents which might attract some additional service charge (less than 5k). Of course you should let them know you skipped those parts. You can always submit additional documents regarding your application at any point before you get a final feedback.

My little tots wink

It's about N5400 actually for additional documents
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by TotsAdorb(f): 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2015
kennethagada:
Hello, by the grace of God February i will be coming to perth. Please can i find an apartment of AUD70 or less per week? i will like to know cus what is online is scary about AUD150 - 180 per week (outrageous)

$70 or less a week would be quite difficult to find. $150-$180 is about right although you may find something cheaper if you look keenly.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nurseafrica: 5:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
Triggeredsam:

even fear don dey catch me for u grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin... dont bother as for that 26 110 the payment receipt got u covered... ut as for those decrarations... ur covered by that signature u tendered during biometrics...u will be granted on before 31 dec2015 shout amen
Amen, oooooooo
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nurseafrica: 5:29pm On Dec 13, 2015
aceBlazer:

My little tots wink

I will do that asap, will reach teleperformance, and arrange that, thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2015
Thanks a lot. I'll make good use of the tips
johnsontade:

You're welcome...guess you are fully prepared for the test...its not hard but requires full attention. Listening and writing are pretty easy but you need extra preparation in reading cos it can be very trickish. Speaking also requires fluency all through and dont bother too much about speaking on all minor details in describe image and retell lecture. Its scored by a computer and what it really wants to test is your fluency which simply means flowing all through with minimal pauses, good pronounciation and confidence.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 11:19pm On Dec 13, 2015
@nurseafrica, this seems to be the best option. The fact that you did not sign means you do not agree with the terms and conditions of the visa you're applying for and we all know what that means. Please don't risk it or delay, do it as fast as possible. Best of luck.
aceBlazer:

It's about N5400 actually for additional documents
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:43pm On Dec 13, 2015
Cribking1:
Good Afternoon to all the gurus in the house, Please I need your advice.

I just got a negative assessment from Vetassess on the basis that the role performed in my current job as a Field Technician is not related to that of my nominated occupation (Forester/Forest Scientist).

I studied Forest Resources Management at the University of Ibadan and had worked as a Field worker between 2010-2012 before I was promoted to the position of a Field Technician in 2012 and I am still working with the private Forestry organization till date. Due to ASUU strike , I graduated in April;2014 instead of 2013, so my post qualification work experience is just 1 year.

At this juncture, I am feeling so discouraged and confused, don't know the steps to take to actualize my dream of working in OZ. I don't know any close occupation to choose that would give me a positive assessment or get me to OZ. Brothers and Sisters, please help me

It is important to read carefully the requirements of any assessing body before applying for assessment. Vetassess gave you negative outcome because they discovered that your current work experience is at variance with your qualification. Check both SOL/CSOL lists again to see if you could find another occupation.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cribking1(m): 8:15am On Dec 14, 2015
Thank you for your response to my message. According to Vetassess, my qualification is positively assessed and in line with my chosen occupation(Forester), but I was given a negative outcome because the duties performed in my current work are not related to that of Forestry. Their decision is weird!
NNBB2012:

It is important to read carefully the requirements of any assessing body before applying for assessment. Vetassess gave you negative outcome because they discovered that your current work experience is at variance with your qualification. Check both SOL/CSOL lists again to see if you could find another occupation.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 11:14am On Dec 14, 2015
Cribking1:
Thank you for your response to my message. According to Vetassess, my qualification is positively assessed and in line with my chosen occupation(Forester), but I was given a negative outcome because the duties performed in my current work are not related to that of Forestry. Their decision is weird!
If that's the case, you need to compare your duties and responsibilities as stated on your work reference letter/employment letter with the duties of your ANZSCO code on www.abs.gov.au . If they do not correlate, then that is most likely the reason for your negative outcome
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by just2okworld(f): 11:15am On Dec 14, 2015
Any1 that needs advice regarding Schs and Student Visa applications, I will advice. Please any1 that has more exp in PR applications should kip advising the house, and I want to use the medium to appeal to all our gurus in the House: "Pls DON'T GO!!! while we appeal that Bosslady should come back.

Bosslady, we appreciate and respect you. Pls come back!!! You have been very helpful.
I'm interested in student visa sir,kindly put me through

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by just2okworld(f): 11:43am On Dec 14, 2015
bellong:

Sent you a message... Reply.
I tried sending you a PM,but it wasn't going tru,I NEED YOUR HELP
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hello House, does anyone knows when Pretoria will go for Christmas break this year?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justloveme: 9:28pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hello house does anyone live in Adelaide, will be coming to Adelaide January.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by KIKIADE: 5:10am On Dec 15, 2015
Sir,
Thanks!
Fine, I will include them as non- migrating family members but If I want them to come and join me later after sometime ,how will I go about it legally and how smooth and straightforward is it. Sorry, the money I have now will only take care of me alone.
NNBB2012:

Sure, It is possible. All you need to do is to include them as non-migrating family members.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missymii: 8:22am On Dec 15, 2015
Hello house and all d gurus. I have been a silent reader for a while and have come to appreciate d earnest help given to others. I want to package my application i.e diploma to degree. 1 year diploma in Sydney tafe and 2 years in university of Western Sydney. The issue now is how to apply, Sydney tafe requires d service of an agent but didn't provide an agent for Nigeria even though I don't buy d idea of using an agent coz I can as well do it myself plus d stress dey give from peoples experience on d thread. I most likely cant meet up with feb intake @least i should meet up with July .Please has anyone done this before.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STAugustineOf13(m): 9:10am On Dec 15, 2015
I have been a Ghost/Spiritual reader grin tryna catchup to this last page. Thanks to all that made me Knowledge pack. And special Thanks to @Mrnilobrown my Blood Bro.
Now the question is, have they [Pretorians] gone on Strike or Closed for the year?

Lodged IN since November 19th failed to Add Medicals.
Has anyone received Any news from them since 7th of December becox it seems they are on backing on some stuffs about Border protection, it's there in their News Update on their site.

And who else is going to Australian Pacific College?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 9:51am On Dec 15, 2015
Congrats NNBB2012. More blessings sir.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
It depends on your type of Visa, DIBP is well and working and they will only observe holiday according to Australian National Holidays and Australian National Law

https://www.border.gov.au/about/contact/make-enquiry/public-holidays-australia

So wait you will soon hear from them. smiley

STAugustineOf13:
I have been a Ghost/Spiritual reader grin tryna catchup to this last page. Thanks to all that made me Knowledge pack. And special Thanks to @Mrnilobrown my Blood Bro.
Now the question is, have they [Pretorians] gone on Strike or Closed for the year?

Has anyone received Any news from them since 7th of December becox it seems they are on backing on some stuffs about Border protection, it's there in their News Update on their site.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scholly(f): 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
STAugustineOf13:

It's the same I lodged my application, no news at all from them as well, please let me know if you receive any mail from them.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STAugustineOf13(m): 1:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
@Sholly No P, but did you add Medicals to yours?

@Erictack203 Thanks for the word of courage, na my Bro dey cool my Temper ever since ooo.
otherwise I for don start to dey talk to myself #Craze wink
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cribking1(m): 1:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
scrollmeout:

If that's the case, you need to compare your duties and responsibilities as stated on your work reference letter/employment letter with the duties of your ANZSCO code on www.abs.gov.au . If they do not correlate, then that is most likely the reason for your negative outcome
What do you suggest I do right now? Repackage my employment details and reapply to vetassess? Vetassess seems to be the only body assessing my profession and other agric related field.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 2:36pm On Dec 15, 2015
Lol.

Many applications for February intakes, your brother is my Mentor, I remove cap for am (@Mrlinobrawn), your brother and Bosslady are the 1st ppl to respond to my questions on this thread. I miss them. So not to worry, I will help you in anyway I can and I will have your neck, or should I said your back? Lol.

Anyways, expect your grant by next week, Pretoria will be concluding applications soon to end the year. Also can I ask if your is 573? And did you used an Agent? Or is it 572?

STAugustineOf13:
@Sholly No P, but did you add Medicals to yours?

@Erictack203 Thanks for the word of courage, na my Bro dey cool my Temper ever since ooo.
otherwise I for don start to dey talk to myself #Craze wink
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 3:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
STAugustineOf13:

I applied since 18th November with medicals and I've not heard from them, was forced to send them an email today. I just hate this extra wait..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STAugustineOf13(m): 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2015
erictack203:
Lol.

Many applications for February intakes, your brother is my Mentor, I remove cap for am (@Mrlinobrawn), your brother and Bosslady are the 1st ppl to respond to my questions on this thread. I miss them. So not to worry, I will help you in anyway I can and I will have your neck, or should I said your back? Lol.

Anyways, expect your grant by next week, Pretoria will be concluding applications soon to end the year. Also can I ask if your is 573? And did you used an Agent? Or is it 572?

with Nilobrown attached.
If you're to use an Agent , his hands no dey there.

Na 572 SVP ooo, are you there now in the Land of Creamy dollar?

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.