Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1044502 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by KIKIADE: 3:15am On Dec 17, 2015
Good, I will be needing your help
pingu2k5:
I have my PR. Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by KIKIADE: 3:48am On Dec 17, 2015
sir,
OK, what level are you now.
okpas12:

As for the documents needed to apply for TRA, the best option is to visit their website and follow the requirement / steps in the application guide. It actually took them 50working days to send my outcome.I really don't know much about EA, but TRA is AUD1000 while EA is about AUD800. I opted for 341111 because that is where i felt i would get a positive outcome and i eventually got it.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adetoi01(m): 5:06am On Dec 17, 2015
braddddddd:
Please house I need your advise, my agent has been telling me that my student visa is on process,I have provided every Document required both my statement of account and admission letter but he has been telling me to exercise patience for the past 3months, please do you think its wise to write to the embassy and ask them about the application, secondly I don't have the application number, can I write them with my passport number and my DOB? Please I need intelligent answer. Th*nks
Some of these agencies can be funny @ times, that's how one of them left my grant in their Spam box for over a week. Back to your case, you didn't state whether your application is svp or not. If it is svp, it normally takes 3 weeks, if not, 3 months then is your normal duration. About your application, I'm not sure it is possible for visa application to be submitted by proxy, as you have to do your biometrics capturing yourself. Therefore, I feel you should have some other details that DIPB might require if you're contacting them. If you want to send them a mail, which can take them forever to reply (I sent them 2 emails within 4 days, no reply for over 3 weeks), you'll need your Full name, Passport number, Type of visa application, Date and method of lodgement. Their email is immigration.pretoria@dfat.gov.au. If you have the resources, I feel calling Pretoria is preferable, although you'll wait on the line for a while, I waited for almost 15 minutes, yours might be longer as the Feb rush might be a factor. If you call them, they'll request for your name and passport number only. Their number is +27124236060. They will tell you whether your visa application has been treated or not. Hope this helps.
PS. For the Telbo:
deleyi20:

This May help someone: I downloaded a Calling App called Telbo to my Android Smartphone. I used my visa card to recharge it with $10 and i use it for all international calls at an extremely cheap rate.

P/S: I last recharged it with $10 since March this year and i still have about $4 remaining. $1 talk-time to an Australian line can last almost 1-hour... All you need is a good internet connection and i usually share mobile hotspot from my Blackberry. cool cool

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STAugustineOf13(m): 8:56am On Dec 17, 2015
Adetoi01:

Some of these agencies can be funny @ times, that's how one of them left my grant in their Spam box for over a week. Back to your case, you didn't state whether your application is svp or not. If it is svp, it normally takes 3 weeks, if not, 3 months then is your normal duration. About your application, I'm not sure it is possible for visa application to be submitted by proxy, as you have to do your biometrics capturing yourself. Therefore, I feel you should have some other details that DIPB might require if you're contacting them. If you want to send them a mail, which can take them forever to reply (I sent them 2 emails within 4 days, no reply for over 3 weeks), you'll need your Full name, Passport number, Type of visa application, Date and method of lodgement. Their email is immigration.pretoria@dfat.gov.au. If you have the resources, I feel calling Pretoria is preferable, although you'll wait on the line for a while, I waited for almost 15 minutes, yours might be longer as the Feb rush might be a factor. If you call them, they'll request for your name and passport number only. Their number is +27124236060. They will tell you whether your visa application has been treated or not. Hope this helps.
PS. For the Telbo:

I'm aware you used this APP to Holla them Pretorians.
How much did they [Telbo App] charged you from your account when they gave you the $10 or €10 ,
Becox it seems they're charging via Euro nowadays as I've checked?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STAugustineOf13(m): 9:04am On Dec 17, 2015
These
Detailed Below is or MIGHT be the reasons why nobody is receiving any information from the Embassy.
I believe they've worked on many Applications, but from 7th to 18th which is Friday, they won't answer anybody until Monday.
So....I believe that by Monday, WE* would all receive INFO

Some employees of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection including the Australian Border Force, who are members of the Community and Public Sector Union (CPSU), will take part in protected industrial action at various work sites up to and including 7 to 18​ December 2015.

Some employees of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection including the Australian Border Force, who are members of the Community and Public Sector Union (CPSU), will take part in protected industrial action at various work sites over 7-18 December 2015.

The Community and Public Sector Union​ (CPSU) have given notice of 24 hour work bans over 7-18 December 2015, which will impact container/ cargo examination facilities and international mail facilities nationally.
The Department has contingency arrangements in place to protect Australia's borders. The Department is working closely with stakeholders to minimise the impact on business the travelling public and on cargo and mail operations and is ensuring appropriate contingencies are in place for visa and citizenship services. During protected industrial action, the health, safety and security of the public and our staff continues to be our priority.
We will continue to negotiate in good faith with all bargaining representatives to reach an agreement which is within our means, and meets the parameters set by the Australian Government Public Sector Workplace Bargaining Policy.
More detailed information regarding the action is in the CPSU notices provided below.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 10:23am On Dec 17, 2015
Nice one STAugustineof13, I called pretoria this morning and they made me understand that the application I lodged at teleperformance since 18th of November got to them on the 26th of November. Let's keep our fingers crossed then
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adetoi01(m): 11:01am On Dec 17, 2015
STAugustineOf13:

I'm aware you used this APP to Holla them Pretorians.
How much did they [Telbo App] charged you from your account when they gave you the $10 or €10 ,
Becox it seems they're charging via Euro nowadays as I've checked?
I recharged $10, that is about 2000 naira. But the call rate is great. 2¢ and 3 ¢ per minute for Australian and south African destinations respectively, that is 2 and 3 naira per minute respectively.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MASMEK2016: 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
Compliment of the season to everyone in the house.

Has anyone used GTB to pay tuition fee to University of Newcastle?If yes at what point will they debit my account and when will the school confirm the payment.

They told me their ability to transfer my payment is dependent of availability of dollar.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STAugustineOf13(m): 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2015
MASMEK2016:
Has anyone used GTB to pay tuition fee to University of Newcastle?If yes at what point will they debit my account and when will the school confirm the payment.
They told me their ability to transfer my payment is dependent of availability of dollar.
If you've not paid your school Fees, be ready for cutting of neck.
Last Night, U.S Highs their Interest rate.
and now A Dollar is #270 Naira. in a parallel market.
exactly what people that has cash at hand has been praying for.
believe me , CBN must Raise the dollar rate before Monday.
Do all you can now, b4 it's too late.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 1:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
checked it now

official prize is 199.05
market prize is 252

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STAugustineOf13(m): 1:44pm On Dec 17, 2015
chetaRay:
checked it now

official prize is 199.05

market prize is 252

Just watch what will happen in the coming days.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 2:19pm On Dec 17, 2015
Thanks for the info brother, pls advice us with the link.

Thanks.

STAugustineOf13:
These
Detailed Below is or MIGHT be the reasons why nobody is receiving any information from the Embassy.
I believe they've worked on many Applications, but from 7th to 18th which is Friday, they won't answer anybody until Monday.
So....I believe that by Monday, WE* would all receive INFO

Some employees of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection including the Australian Border Force, who are members of the Community and Public Sector Union (CPSU), will take part in protected industrial action at various work sites up to and including 7 to 18​ December 2015.

Some employees of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection including the Australian Border Force, who are members of the Community and Public Sector Union (CPSU), will take part in protected industrial action at various work sites over 7-18 December 2015.

The Community and Public Sector Union​ (CPSU) have given notice of 24 hour work bans over 7-18 December 2015, which will impact container/ cargo examination facilities and international mail facilities nationally.
The Department has contingency arrangements in place to protect Australia's borders. The Department is working closely with stakeholders to minimise the impact on business the travelling public and on cargo and mail operations and is ensuring appropriate contingencies are in place for visa and citizenship services. During protected industrial action, the health, safety and security of the public and our staff continues to be our priority.
We will continue to negotiate in good faith with all bargaining representatives to reach an agreement which is within our means, and meets the parameters set by the Australian Government Public Sector Workplace Bargaining Policy.
More detailed information regarding the action is in the CPSU notices provided below.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bhanjjie: 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
Just go to your bank and fill "form A" (I think). The fees will be processed within 3-5 days. The form A is usually sent to CBN. CBN gives priority to tuition payments.
MASMEK2016:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bhanjjie: 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2015
https://au.tlscontact.com/ng/ABV/page.php?pid=center_info

Those intending to submit applications at TLS this month should check the above link to know their off days.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dapsonlonia: 2:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
2posh:
Another benefit of reading this thread...

I learnt about IOM from here and I'm super impressed!

I just booked my flight using IOM Australia at the rate of USD1,023 (Lagos>Dubai>Brisbane)

And the best part? It's Emirates! I'm also super psyched 'cos my Dubai>Brisbane leg will be on the famous Airbus A380 wink

I requested to pay through their Nigerian account and the Naira equivalent they asked me to pay is N203,311.02 which is far cheaper than what is obtainable on the Emirates website. grin grin grin

Please posh, how many days did it take them to reply u with your ticket after payment?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bhanjjie: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
I don't think the post was originally posted by 2posh. In fact, I remember 2posh asking the person that posted it whether it was a return flight. I suggest you contact IOM Australia and IOM Nigeria talk to them. Thanks.
dapsonlonia:

Please posh, how many days did it take them to reply u with your ticket after payment?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by matyk: 3:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
@masmek2016 I actually got admission @ the university of newcastle so I proceeded to make my payment using First Bank, I was debited after 3days of payment, thinking it was all over until dem debit second round d following day, as if it was not enough, the bank called me via telephone to credit my account again for I still want to debit more.... I don dey vex @ this time but I had no choice even if they wan 419 me, make dem sha debit so as for me to go to the next stage. After everything I was sent a Telex copy of my transaction and Globalpay sent me a msg on the 5day that they have received my payment and it has been sent to my account in the University of Newcastle, believing that after 3 to 5 working days I should get my ECOE but it didn't come .... I waited for 2weeks thinking that they were processing it. I got worried and decided to call UON, all they told me was that they haven't receive any payment with my student I'd and they can't give me a ECOE.... My head don hot ... I don dey fear, abi naso my 2million go enter water.. I decided to contact western globalpay and they told me that the university should check their account for they have sent the money to them since on the 13th of November 2015.... At last to cut the long story short! Na globapay do mistake for my student I'd and it was corrected and my coe was sent to me on the 27th Nov which is d next day. Na wetin make me apply late be dat oo.. I applied on the 30th of Nov and its just 2weeks 3days now... Make una pray for me ooo....

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 4:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
matyk:
@masmek2016 I proceeded to make my payment using First Bank, I was debited after 3days of payment, thinking it was all over until dem debit second round d following day, as if it was not enough, the bank called me via telephone to credit my account again for I still want to debit more.... I don dey vex @ this time but I had no choice even if they wan 419 me, make dem sha debit so as for me to go to the next stage. gringrin
After everything I was sent a Telex copy of my transaction and Globalpay sent me a msg on the 5day that they have received my payment and it has been sent to my account in the University of Newcastle, believing that after 3 to 5 working days I should get my ECOE but it didn't come .... gringringrin
I waited for 2weeks thinking that they were processing it. I got worried and decided to call UON, all they told me was that they haven't receive any payment with my student I'd and they can't give me a ECOE....
gringrin(I think you should be dead ) My head don hot ... I don dey fear, abi naso my 2million go enter water..

gringrin I decided to contact western globalpay and they told me that the university should check their account for they have sent the money to them since on the 13th of November 2015.... At last to cut the long story short! Na globapay do mistake for my student I'd and it was corrected and my coe was sent to me on the 27th Nov which is d next day. Na wetin make me apply late be dat oo.. I applied on the 30th of Nov and its just 2weeks 3days now... Make una pray for me ooo....

are you still alive all these while you they said they haven't gotten the money; Dgrin

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EOJ13: 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
Hello e-family, After some research, I have been able to shortlist schools I would like to apply for masters in Elect Engr.

The schools are

1. Charles Darwin university
2. Griffith University
3. University of western sydney
4. Flinders university
5. Queenland University of Technology
6. University of wollongong

Please I need gurus in the house to help me shortlist it to two schools based on
1. school that will not refer me to an agent
2. school that will not demand for account
statement.
3. How easy to land student job in the school's
Ps. U can still suggest a better nd cheaper university under SVP that is not on that list.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by alaoeri: 5:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
EOJ13:
Hello e-family, After some research, I have been able to shortlist schools I would like to apply for masters in Elect Engr.

The schools are

1. Charles Darwin university
2. Griffith University
3. University of western sydney
4. Flinders university
5. Queenland University of Technology
6. University of wollongong

Please I need gurus in the house to help me shortlist it to two schools based on
1. school that will not refer me to an agent
2. school that will not demand for account
statement.
3. How easy to land student job in the school's
Ps. U can still suggest a better nd cheaper university under SVP that is not on that list.

The bitter truth is nothing like cheap school in Australia, for your intending course, you need between #2m - #2.5m to get ECOE in any of those school you listed. Try Edith Cowan Uni, a little bit cheaper but they will refer you to their agent which is BCIE that means you will need a statement of account for smooth sailing, you can as well apply directly but it will be a little bit rough.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 5:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
bhanjjie:
I don't think the post was originally posted by 2posh. In fact, I remember 2posh asking the person that posted it whether it was a return flight. I suggest you contact IOM Australia and IOM Nigeria talk to them. Thanks.

@bhanjjie - You have it backwards. I posted about IOM and the ticket.

ChetaRay was the one asking if it was a return ticket. You actually quoted him in your response but for some reason directed your mirth at me.

Please see my posts below to get your facts right.

2posh:
Another benefit of reading this thread...

I learnt about IOM from here and I'm super impressed!

I just booked my flight using IOM Australia at the rate of USD1,023 (Lagos>Dubai>Brisbane)

And the best part? It's Emirates! I'm also super psyched 'cos my Dubai>Brisbane leg will be on the famous Airbus A380 wink

I requested to pay through their Nigerian account and the Naira equivalent they asked me to pay is N203,311.02 which is far cheaper than what is obtainable on the Emirates website. grin grin grin

2posh:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

It's just one way. How much were you expecting? You do realize that Australia is faaarrrr, right?

Anyhoo, on the Emirates website, the cheapest actual cost as at today is N380,587

Go figure...

@ dapsonlonia - see below:

2posh:

@ deleyi20

After I sent the documents, IOM Australia replied after a day or two with the booking, asking me to confirm my name and passport details were stated correctly.

I confirmed, then they replied and said to allow about 2 weeks for the payment advice to be sent to me. I didn't mind waiting 'cos my travel date is actually for next year, so no hurry.

They sent the payment advice in a little over 1 week though.

However, I think IOM Nigeria might be faster. But I didn't use them 'cos when I mailed them, they said they can't process my request until early 2016, because my travel date is for next year.

If your travel date is this year, your case might be different. That's why I recommended contacting both offices and choosing which ever you prefer.

Hope this helps smiley
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 5:27pm On Dec 17, 2015
alaoeri:

The bitter truth is nothing like cheap school in Australia, for your intending course, you need between #2m - #2.5m to get ECOE in any of those school you listed. Try Edith Cowan Uni, a little bit cheaper but they will refer you to their agent which is BCIE that means you will need a statement of account for smooth sailing, you can as well apply directly but it will be a little bit rough.
You don't need an agent for ECU, I did it all by myself
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2015
@ all those sending me PMs, please post your queries here and I shall do what I can.

No private messages please.

Thank you.

cc Babahafusaa
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by alaoeri: 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
Mikey:

That's why i stated that he can as well apply directly besides he's also looking for a cheaper school, maybe you should tell him the range he should be preparing.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STAugustineOf13(m): 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
erictack203:
Thanks for the info brother, pls advice us with the link.

Thanks.

The Information was gotten from their official website.
That DIBP site.
THEIR LATEST NEWS UPDATE
http://www.border.gov.au/News/Pages/travellers-clients.aspx

2posh:

ChetaRay was the one asking if it was a return ticket. You actually quoted him in your response but for some reason directed your mirth at me.

One of the Benefits I got from this Forum is when A Guy was detailing how someone can go to AUSTRALIA with less than #180,000 naira.

Through combination of Ethiopian & AirAsia combination.
I think I Screen grabbed it then.
not sure though.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bhanjjie: 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
Thanks 2posh. You are well-noted.
2posh:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bhanjjie: 7:09pm On Dec 17, 2015
All,

Please is there any Teleperformance checklist that should be added to the docs submitted when applying for visa?

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STAugustineOf13(m): 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2015
bhanjjie:
All,

Please is there any Teleperformance checklist that should be added to the docs submitted when applying for visa?

Thanks

Just gather your Documents.
Make sure it's correct.
then locate their Office.
They will hand you a CHECKLIST to fill.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bhanjjie: 7:37pm On Dec 17, 2015
Thank you.
STAugustineOf13:

Just gather your Documents.
Make sure it's correct.
then locate their Office.
They will hand you a CHECKLIST to fill.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 7:56pm On Dec 17, 2015
Mikey:

That's right. There's nothing difficult there. You just have to fill the form and upload your documents. You can always attach any document you can't upload and send it through mail. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.