Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,202 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1046949 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by johnsontade: 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
iceberg54:
Thanks bosses Bellong and NNBB2012
But since my current score is 55, is it best to do assessment now, when i wont even be considered if i submit an EOI?

EA Assessment is a walk through that you can get in 2-4 working days if your CDR and CPD are on point.

I'd advise you take a chill pill and face PTE first because that is the major determinant of your PR journey. Said this because 20 point from PTE would give you 65 points which simply guarantees you fast invitation when you submit your Eoi as there are many people with 60 point in the pool waiting for invitation. You should be able to bag 20 points considering your IELTS score...just prepare well and get familiar with the exam format.

So the steps are; PTE - EA Assessment - EOI
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by castrokins(m): 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
Yes Prof. Thanks

Hazeleye:

You also need know when to write with small and capital letters in a sentence.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogttcorg: 5:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
johnsontade:

EA Assessment is a walk through that you can get in 2-4 working days if your CDR and CPD are on point.

I'd advise you take a chill pill and face PTE first because that is the major determinant of your PR journey. Said this because 20 point from PTE would give you 65 points which simply guarantees you fast invitation when you submit your Eoi as there are many people with 60 point in the pool waiting for invitation. You should be able to bag 20 points considering your IELTS score...just prepare well and get familiar with the exam format.

Hello@johnson
So PTE is far better than IELTS in terms of points. Cos i was preparing to write IELTS next month.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 7:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
im dancing GODWIN cox my grant just dropped.

submitted on the 7th of december 2015
got to pretoria on the 9th of december 2015
frontloaded medicals
no bank statements but financial proof
decision made 22nd january 2016 like 8hrs ago but i just refreshed my inbox nd saw it now.

i want to thank all d gurus especially 2POSH & CHI50. who always take dia time to digest my questions nd offer a very detailed responces. i learnt alot from dis thread nd will giv bk to dis thread.

it wasnt easy been an expectant applicant for australian visa but im happy its all over.

my GOD will make oda expectants to dance nd jump up like me. nd staugustineof13 tanx for all the hope.

QUEENSLAND HERE I COME

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by johnsontade: 7:12pm On Jan 22, 2016
[quote author=ogttcorg post=42227368][/quote]

PTE scoring is more fairer cos its done by a software unlike Ielts where your speaking and writing is scored by an examiner.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bhanjjie: 7:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
Congrats bro! I plug into your testimony for my own grant! This wait ain't beans o. Those that submitted and got their grants last year Oct/Nov are so lucky. They got responses under three weeks.

chetaRay:

frontloaded medicals
decision made 22nd january 2016 like 8hrs ago but i just refreshed my inbox nd saw it now.

i want to thank all d gurus especially 2POSH & CHI50. who always take dia time to digest my questions nd offer a very detailed responces. i learnt alot from dis thread nd will giv bk to dis thread.

it wasnt easy been an expectant applicant for australian visa but im happy its all over.

my GOD will make oda expectants to dance nd jump up like me. nd staugustineof13 tanx for all the hope.

QUEENSLAND HERE I COME

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scholly(f): 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
Congratulations, I tap from your blessings. The wait is not easy at all
chetaRay:

frontloaded medicals

QUEENSLAND HERE I COME

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STaviez: 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
chetaRay:
frontloaded medicals
QUEENSLAND HERE I COME
bhanjjie:
Congrats bro! I plug into your testimony for my own grant! This wait ain't beans o. Those that submitted and got their grants last year Oct/Nov are so lucky. They got responses under three weeks.

Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 10:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
Congratsss Ray!

chetaRay:

frontloaded medicals

QUEENSLAND HERE I COME

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 10:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
adim02:
@jorgan try access bank cos am just coming out from the bank and the lady in western union said she will do it for me.she ask me to open account with them,in a week time she can transfer the cash for me to the school account.

I pray this goes through because CBN has stopped selling dollars to banks so i wonder where access plans to get dollars from. My form A application form and money is still in First bank with my pops account officer handling the transaction since 2 weeks now, still no joy. When is ur resumption date?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Stanleych007: 12:21am On Jan 23, 2016
Please which number do they call with from Pretoria, hope its not a private number.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adetoi01(m): 6:36am On Jan 23, 2016
chetaRay:

Congrats ChetaRay

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 8:00am On Jan 23, 2016
572.....a rejection certificate, those days are gone when 572 is palatable... my boss messed everything up for me,.... I will start afresh mourning is over, waiting for my refund, and hoping ssvp will favour us that was rejected. And to all that was granted ....kudos to u all.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nurseafrica: 8:24am On Jan 23, 2016
Triggeredsam:
572.....a rejection certificate, those days are gone when 572 is palatable... my boss messed everything up for me,.... I will start afresh mourning is over, waiting for my refund, and hoping ssvp will favour us that was rejected. And to all that was granted ....kudos to u all.
How did he mess it up plz, also wat number did he call u wt
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 23, 2016
chetaRay:

frontloaded medicals

QUEENSLAND HERE I COME

congrts bro...still waiting for mine ( 8th of dec)... pls I don't really understand what you mean by "financial proof decision made 22 january"..pls explain cos fear don dey catch me lipsrsealed
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 8:51am On Jan 23, 2016
New Student Visa System in Australia for 2016
Australia has adopted a new student visa processing system that might make life a little easier for future students and higher education providers. The proposed new process, called, the simplified student visa framework (SSVF), will launch in July 2016 replacing the streamlined visa processing (SVP), which has been used since 2012.

The changes are great news for international students in that it will make the process of applying for a student visa simpler. In a nutshell, the changes will mean:

• A reduction in the number of student visa subclasses from eight to two; and
• the introduction of a simplified single immigration risk framework for all international students

The changes come as the international education sector recorded strong growth, providing an export boost to offset the slump in the resources industry. Figures provided by the Department for Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) show that intake of new students is at its highest level ever in the March quarter, 11.5 per cent above 2014.

Education Minister Christopher Pyne announced the new changes in June this year saying, “Australia is open for business and welcomes genuine and high quality international students who provide a much-needed boost to our economy, our local communities and jobs, and who boost our country-to-country relationships.”

“After coming to office the Government moved immediately to improve competitiveness and it is pleasing to see growth in international student enrolments in Australia has resumed.”

Australia’s student visa system is currently so complex that colleges attending education fairs end up spending half their time explaining the visa system instead of talking about the quality of education.

Under the new system, students applying to all education providers will be assessed for visa risk under a single framework. It will be based on the country they come from and the immigration compliance record of other students who have studied at that particular education provider. A student’s financial and English language requirements will be based on the immigration profile of their country and of their chosen education provider.

Universities welcomed the new system. “The new simplified student visa process will boost equity and support an environment where high quality and low risk providers can prosper,” Universities Australia deputy CEO Anne-Marie Lansdown said.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 9:05am On Jan 23, 2016
Congrats ChetaRay

Happy for you smiley

I hope I can now rest. LOL
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 9:13am On Jan 23, 2016
[quote author=2posh post=42243381]Congrats ChetaRay

Happy for you smiley

I hope I can now rest. LOl

tanz but not yet 2POSH
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 9:24am On Jan 23, 2016
enyinna4:

congrts bro...still waiting for mine ( 8th of dec)... pls I don't really understand what you mean by "financial proof decision made 22 january"..pls explain cos fear don dey catch me lipsrsealed

there is nutin to worry about ok........ just dat instead of submitting bank statements i submitted my dads letter of financial capability to spobsor me.

i also meant dat d decision on my application was made on the 22nd of january.......

make fear no catch u cox u go soon dance skelewu

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by brightooooo: 10:38am On Jan 23, 2016
2posh:
Congrats ChetaRay

Happy for you smiley

I hope I can now rest. LOL
pls bro, where can one Register and pay for this PTE Exam here in Nigeria? Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Rafaela4u(f): 1:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
Congratulations. I am so happy for you and for others that are still expectant,You Wii receive the good news this week by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2016
chetaRay:

frontloaded medicals

QUEENSLAND HERE I COME
congratulations dear. wish u d very best here in oz...

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Rafaela4u(f): 2:16pm On Jan 23, 2016
I posted earlier on this thread as regards studying masters in social work and to be sincere with u guys, I really appreciate all your responses even though its hurt I won't be able to enroll for the course because my first degree,International relations is not a match.

I have made up my mind to enroll for three years Bachelors degree in social work but my main concern is have been surfing the internet day and night for schools that are less expensive but i've been seeing those on d high side. Please I will really appreciate if anyone in the house is familiar with any school in Australia that offers between 5000-7000 Australian dollars per semester.

All your responses will be highly appreciated to save this worried soul.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 2:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
chi50:

congratulations dear. wish u d very best here in oz...

tanx chi50

plz i want to know if its acceptable to travel with a ghana must go bag. especially for the foodstuffs. because many of this big box has weight on there own even with nutin inside it.i really wont like to be stranded at d airpot with dis dia 23kg condition per bag.

plz wat do u advice a novice like me @chi50 @2posh ewagbamio @mikey @triggersdem @laminaria
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iriferi(m): 3:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
chetaRay:

tanx chi50

plz i want to know if its acceptable to travel with a ghana must go bag. especially for the foodstuffs. because many of this big box has weight on there own even with nutin inside it.i really wont like to be stranded at d airpot with dis dia 23kg condition per bag.

plz wat do u advice a novice like me @chi50 @2posh ewagbamio @mikey @triggersdem @laminaria
It's acceptable. no big deal...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 8:08pm On Jan 23, 2016
Happy new to everyone!!!

Congrats to all who have recently received their grants....delayed is not denied for those who were refused or still waiting.

Congrats on the delivery of ur daughter scrollmeout God bless her plenty. Seems u have to submit another EOI. I've been off since,I'm back n better now to start my PR process. Gonna be "disturbing" some folks to review my CDR soon smiley

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abekeade1: 10:16pm On Jan 23, 2016
Hello everyone in the house, please I need help and is very urgent. How can I pay my health insurance without using credit card/master card? I filled the online form and there is no how I can print out the payment Invoice. I had prefer the payment transfer since it won't give the bank access in deduction my money anyhow.

I want to start my visa process but I need to pay health insurance first. Can anyone advise me?
Thank you all. God bless you all.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iceberg54: 1:08am On Jan 24, 2016
Thanks a lot bro.....Noted!!

johnsontade:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 24, 2016
lola234:
Please which University in Australia can I get full funding scholarship to do my master in either software engineering or actuarial science, just graduated from Pure and Applied Mathematics with 4.1 GPA

Actuaries no 1 most difficult job to fill in Australia, actuaries are highly skilled and highly sought because there aren’t a lot of them and they are

now part of the burgeoning “data scientist” employment category.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/here-are-the-20-most-difficult-to-fill-jobs-in-australia-2015-3

You will have to do the work yourself. Diligently search and contact as many possible institutions with very convincing statement of purpose
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:14am On Jan 24, 2016
chetaRay:

tanx chi50

Yes , you can use it . Even here they use the bags.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 24, 2016
Rafaela4u:
I posted earlier on this thread as regards studying masters in social work and to be sincere with u guys, I really appreciate all your responses even though its hurt I won't be able to enroll for the course because my first degree,International relations is not a match.

I have made up my mind to enroll for three years Bachelors degree in social work but my main concern is have been surfing the internet day and night for schools that are less expensive but i've been seeing those on d high side. Please I will really appreciate if anyone in the house is familiar with any school in Australia that offers between 5000-7000 Australian dollars per semester.

All your responses will be highly appreciated to save this worried soul.

Have check up with Tafes and colleges i.e https://www.kangan.edu.au/tafe-courses/diploma-of-community-services-work-2241
The issue you will have to devote time and ransack and possibly write the institutions, as many as possible.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STAugustineOf13(m): 4:11am On Jan 24, 2016
Triggeredsam:

Bro! I shouldn't say I saw that coming after that call that puts you on edge & made you your own C/O.
Becox the decisions were made on how you responded after what they requested.
Never loose hope Trig, You've been to the Aussie gate & back.
Nature will never say, you didn't try.
Prepare to come-back Blazing.
Quitters don't win. As winners don't quit.
With the kind of exposure WE* have been here, it will be hard to just lay back.
Besides..I heard first hand that Aussie is a Gold Mine ( Gold Rush).
That is to say TRY AGAIN

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.