Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1045857 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shapoh(m): 1:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
nice one bro, thanks
FutureDon:

I could, if you want me to smiley

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 1:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
the major thing is if u can get up to 60 points...ur age will fetch u 25 points,degree 15 points, work exp 5 points, which is now 45 points. to cut it u will need to get 8 in each part of the ielts so u can get the points benchmark. cos if ur just competent in English (7 in each) u will get 10 points n it will not be enough. n u need to get ielts before u start with engineers australia. n engineers australia only accepts ielts. so u need to focus more on the ielts n get it wonderfully.
dozie2014:
Good day colleagues,

I have just started following this trend. I need your kind advice.

I am planning to migrate to Australia through the work scheme.

Below is my profile.

Age.34
Ielts result. Average band 7
Degree: B.eng Elect elect Engr. 2008
Work exp: 5 years till date
Please what is your advise.

Your response will go a long way helping me achieve this noble goal.

Regards
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AUSOYN: 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I am new to nairaland and new to this thread as well.
Please i need help on the process of immigrating to Australia with my family.I visited the website http://www.immi.gov.au/Pages/Welcome.aspx
but i got confused because i wasnt sure about the process.I need to know ...

What are the documents i need to gather?
How do i get the forms?
How do i submit my application?

looking forward to your feedback. Thank you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iriferi(m): 1:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
laminaria:
tanks to @missakomaye: I hope so too, @futuredon: not at all abt any bogous (fake docs) refusal was just base on home tie, not filling some section... I have schools n courses that reaches to adv diploma(community health related) whc qualifies me for SVP...one has sept intake and all have Feb next yr intake too...so am tinking if Pretoria won't see desperation in me for that sept intake.
yes I can get everything set for sept intake.
and try to write a strong SOP. also if you can ask your sponsor to swear an affidavit that you will return...

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
what kind of visa do u wanna migrate on? if its skilled,then visit http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/SkillSelect.aspx on the left side of the page go to visas n then permanent visas. choose the one u wanna apply for,click on it. on then next page scroll down a little n click on visa applicants. the u will see document checklist. when u get ur documents we'll talk about how to submit them. but first know the visa ur applying for n then come back here for further advise cos u dont just go straight and apply for a visa,there r other things that need to be done. but most important is to get all the documents on the checklist.
AUSOYN:
Hello Everyone,

I am new to nairaland and new to this thread as well.
Please i need help on the process of immigrating to Australia with my family.I visited the website http://www.immi.gov.au/Pages/Welcome.aspx
but i got confused because i wasnt sure about the process.I need to know ...

What are the documents i need to gather?
How do i get the forms?
How do i submit my application?

looking forward to your feedback. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shapoh(m): 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
hey pal, i also need one of those health related with svp for sept. Pls send the name. Thanks
iriferi:

and try to write a strong SOP. also if you can ask your sponsor to swear an affidavit that you will return...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AUSOYN: 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
Thanks so much @chuckdee13 , i have seen the documents check list and my status is as follows:

Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) document check list;

My husband and I have done the IELTS exams and both have an overall band of 7 each.

we have all the supporting documents (Int Passports, birth certificates, marriage certificate, police certificates and reference letters).

How do we go about accessing our skills. I studied computer science while my husband is an architect.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laimartins7(m): 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
Morning NLers, I am new ere . I have questions to ask. Whats d duration of getting a student visa and can I work with a student visa while studying in Au . Lastly, how genuine/recognized is d graduate diploma certificate in Australia to get a good job. Ova to d gurus in d huz.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missakomaye(f): 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
AUSOYN:
Thanks so much @chuckdee13 , i have seen the documents check list and my status is as follows:

Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) document check list;

My husband and I have done the IELTS exams and both have an overall band of 7 each.

we have all the supporting documents (Int Passports, birth certificates, marriage certificate, police certificates and reference letters).

How do we go about accessing our skills. I studied computer science while my husband is an architect.

Check here
http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/skilled-occupations-lists/skilled-occupations-lists.aspx
or
http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/skilled-occupations-lists/csol.aspx

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missakomaye(f): 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
laimartins7:
Morning NLers, I am new ere . I have questions to ask. Whats d duration of getting a student visa and can I work with a student visa while studying in Au . Lastly, how genuine/recognized is d graduate diploma certificate in Australia to get a good job. Ova to d gurus in d huz.

Svp - Streamlined Student Visa takes from 5 working days to 4 weeks.(Best option is search for courses under SVP)
Normal student visa takes 9 working days to 3 months
Yes you can work wit a student visa. (You will have to apply for a student working visa wen u arrive Oz. After school registration and after you have seen your time table and shit)
Yes they recognise ALL the degrees/certificate/diplomas/adv diplomas offered in Australian universities. They even recognise some degrees from Nigeria University/colleges of Education/Polytechnics.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by omooba2015(m): 6:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
prechear:

Not with certainty. I said " I doubt". You may want to give it a try. Only your Accounting B.sc MAY not cut it. Chookudi's gf used only her accounting B.sc but didn't get a +ive assessment although she had ICAN. Our B.sc syllabus is not robust enough to cover all the mandatory subjects needed for a +ive assessment.
Ok Thanks, I can't risk it. I just know what next to do.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
One of the best replies ever, Thanks

that process will be fine, apart from your O'level, did you have any other qualification? if no, you can apply to study at: www.cdu.au(Charles Darwin University in the Northern Territory). there have programs that are relevant to your intended Study Career. and you will not sleep in the classroom.

The University will package you for a Certificate program towards a Bsc program (3yrs 5months total). where you will be required to pay AU$6,000 fee deposit and OSHC AU$2,800 (Total AU$8,800 or AU$9,000, approx NGN1,450,000) to get your CoE and its a speed SVP. the annual cost will be AU$18,000 to AU$20,000 max.

Visa practicalities and medical will cost:

1. Visa Fee (80,600) and teleperformace fee: NGN6,700.

2. Medical: NGN35,000 to NGN45,000.

For accommodation, you can Use International House Darwin (IHD) for AU$146 per week for a dual shared room. The advantage is that you can work for 20hours (payment is AU$18 to AU$20 per hour) weekly to upset your study cost in addition to the payments of your tuition from your parents back home in Nigeria, this will significantly assist you with your living and study cost.

Flight to Darwin is around NGN260,000 to NGN300,000 (one way) via Singapore giving the distance to Darwin.

You are required to take an English test proficiency exam (IELTS or PTE). IELTS requirement is 5.0 with no band score less than 5.0 and PTE is 46 with no band score less than 42.

[/quote]

5 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by omooba2015(m): 6:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
ernestudezi:
Just saw this. You'd pay 6000 AUD, before you get your COE. You'd have to pay roughly around 12k, by the end of July when classes resume. You take 4 courses a semester, each course is 6 units. Each unit, is about 770 dollars. Do the maths.

Thanks for your reply @ernestudezi, that means for the tutions of 40k,I will be making a deposit of 12k. And for each course cost 3080aud. Are u in that school now (UNSW). I m even thinking,if they allow me pay 6k for collecting my COE,I will be glad. I m for February intake. Can I call the school for enquiry concerning payments method for the program or it's not necessary. Thanks once again
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ernestudezi(m): 7:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
I'm sure the school would be happy to answer any questions you have. 12k deposit? I don't think so. My tuition is about 40k too, and i paid 6k before i got the COE. So i think it's a fixed amount. Although, you would have to pay for Health insurance. I used Medicare OSHC, set me back another 1000 AUD for 2 years 3 months. The length of your program determines the length of health coverage you'd need.

omooba2015:

Thanks for your reply @ernestudezi, that means for the tutions of 40k,I will be making a deposit of 12k. And for each course cost 3080aud. Are u in that school now (UNSW). I m even thinking,if they allow me pay 6k for collecting my COE,I will be glad. I m for February intake. Can I call the school for enquiry concerning payments method for the program or it's not necessary. Thanks once again
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Doraoge: 7:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hello just a point of correction , 5yrs exp is 10 points not 5points. So if he can smash ielts, he is go to go
chuckdee13:
the major thing is if u can get up to 60 points...ur age will fetch u 25 points,degree 15 points, work exp 5 points, which is now 45 points. to cut it u will need to get 8 in each part of the ielts so u can get the points benchmark. cos if ur just competent in English (7 in each) u will get 10 points n it will not be enough. n u need to get ielts before u start with engineers australia. n engineers australia only accepts ielts. so u need to focus more on the ielts n get it wonderfully.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
ok that's true. @ausoyn pls take note. thx for the correction @doraoge
Doraoge:
Hello just a point of correction , 5yrs exp is 10 points not 5points. So if he can smash ielts, he is go to go
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by omooba2015(m): 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
ernestudezi:
I'm sure the school would be happy to answer any questions you have. 12k deposit? I don't think so. My tuition is about 40k too, and i paid 6k before i got the COE. So i think it's a fixed amount. Although, you would have to pay for Health insurance. I used Medicare OSHC, set me back another 1000 AUD for 2 years 3 months. The length of your program determines the length of health coverage you'd need.

Thanks for your reply, Do you have direct line to Admission office, and what time do you think I can call them in Nigeria time... Please text me there line or email ,anyone u have. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by timikenzo2(f): 10:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
missakomaye:

Hi,
Your CO will contact you when he/she needs additional info from you or when he wants to give u the go ahead to do medicals. On their site it is stated that u can either do ur medicals before submission. I do not know for sure if u can go ahead now without ur CO saying so. Check again please to be sure http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/emedical.aspx

All you need do though is wait patiently. I submitted same day too and nothing yet. The wait can be terrible but.....
Hello missakomaiye,tanks for your response. Pls wat package did you apply for and wat skol,plus do you have dependants as part of your application? Many thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
prechear:

Abi madam wan change me to geologist and the geologist to accountant lol. To your question, like the geologist said, all the assessing authorities usually give an estimate of their processing time and its to find out which is the fastest. But for any accountant that wish to pursue a career in accounting related field and hope to get a professionl certification in OZ, my advice will be to use CPA. CPA because they are well regarded in the market as least when compared to the other accounting bodies. Just a little edge but it may not always be the case. My 2 cent

Hello Prechear. Is skills assessment with CPA considered to get CPA certification? Can one claim exemptions with ICAN?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by akinnawou(m): 11:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
for getting a transcript by hand from naija universities is almost impossible,but you can still beat this,if you knw a lecturer or university official mostly in a foreign university, you can use the lecturer's official email addy and the school would send a softcopy of your transcript to that lecturer and once the lecturer receives it,he would only forward it to you and you can use it as many times as you want..this was wat i did to get my transcript,i actually used two lecturer's email addy,one in nigeria here and anoda in d UK,bt my school only sent to the foreign one(guess dey descriminated)

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by solin: 12:00am On Jun 10, 2015
Pls what's next,I also confused as to d direction to take. You can enlighten me
omooba2015:

Ok Thanks, I can't risk it. I just know what next to do.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by akinnawou(m): 1:27am On Jun 10, 2015
pls house for PR for Engineer Australia, i intend getting a reference letter from my employer,what address should d letter b adressed to,or should it be "to whom it may concern"?
i also have 2 years experience in telecoms sector ,apparently i wld get no points for work experience,,but i have a year experience in anoda company which is an electrical power company.can i combine the two to make up 3years experience even though they are under different sectors in engineering field..
i also would need assitance,preferrable sample of the three career episodes..
age=31 30 points
bsc elect elect 15points
IELTS overband 7.0 0 point
work experience ...basic 2years=0 point bt if i cn combine years of experience has explained above =5points
family sponsor=10

if am to do PTE wat is d point allocation the immigration would give,cos it seems dia points r based on IELTS band scores, i really dont want to do any exams again if possible, if i cn make the 60 points as above..also hw cn smeone get state sponsorship? can one combine state sponsorship wit family sponsorship jst to rackup points? and wat are the benefits or perhaps d difference in 189,190,and 489 visas..r dia specific privileges attached to the visa subclass one chooses..pls based on the info provided above,wat subclass visa cn i apply for..

pls NNB and co cn please cme to my assistance
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by omooba2015(m): 1:50am On Jun 10, 2015
solin:
Pls what's next,I also confused as to d direction to take. You can enlighten me
Nigeria Bsc, can't do it alone,I went through there site(CPA,IPA,)unless you have ICAN, someone can still meet up. because,there some courses I have done in our syllabus, why some are not there. I think u go SVP.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iriferi(m): 2:51am On Jun 10, 2015
shapoh:
hey pal, i also need one of those health related with svp for sept. Pls send the name. Thanks
huh? I don't understand you. can you rephrase the request...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 3:34am On Jun 10, 2015
prechear:

Abi madam wan change me to geologist and the geologist to accountant lol. To your question, like the geologist said, all the assessing authorities usually give an estimate of their processing time and its to find out which is the fastest. But for any accountant that wish to pursue a career in accounting related field and hope to get a professionl certification in OZ, my advice will be to use CPA. CPA because they are well regarded in the market as least when compared to the other accounting bodies. Just a little edge but it may not always be the case. My 2 cent

Hahaha! Join Geology join your Accounting lol. How every? Hope sey cold no too much? Na rain dey fall for this side.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 3:38am On Jun 10, 2015
chuckdee13:
ok that's true. @ausoyn pls take note. thx for the correction @doraoge

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by prechear(m): 6:43am On Jun 10, 2015
pingu2k5:

Hello Prechear. Is skills assessment with CPA considered to get CPA certification? Can one claim exemptions with ICAN?

If you get assessed by CPA during your skills migration, you won't have to undergo any form of assessment for exemption and stuff if wish to write CPA exams. Getting assessed by CPA won't give you automatic membership but will save you the stress of having to go through another assessment and paying fees, if for example you were assessed by IPA and later decide to write CPA.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by prechear(m): 6:54am On Jun 10, 2015
bossladymo1:

Hahaha! Join Geology join your Accounting lol. How every? Hope sey cold no too much? Na rain dey fall for this side.

Everything fine. Tnx Baba God wey carry person come dis place. Cold dey here well well. Sometimes e dey reach 5 degrees sef. But e dey fluctuate too. Hope u have finally settled down wit ur family for NSW.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iykosman: 7:03am On Jun 10, 2015
FutureDon:

I apologize for the misinformation. iykosman - you will be asked by your Uni to sign a Declaration of Financial Capacity form confirming that you have the required money and not necessarily provide a statement of account. That is the common practice, however it may vary across schools.

Thank you so much @ernestudezi and FutureDon. I think I have to check with the school first let me see what happens, I am optimistic. God will help me through the interview too.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jidowu(m): 7:15am On Jun 10, 2015
Hello house been following your thread, am a
final year student of FUTA studying estate
management but would be finishing in some few months .I intend having my masters in property management or facilities management as result of my determination and the recognition of foreign certificates and exposure,I want to know school that offers the course as cheap as possible,as well as the basic requirements and to be frank am gonna be finishing with 2nd class lower division...positive comments needed..thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ernestudezi(m): 7:44am On Jun 10, 2015
When it's 11pm Nigerian time, it's 8am in Sydney. Anytime from 12 midnight. I think that's the number for all international enquiries.

+61 2 9385 6996

omooba2015:

Thanks for your reply, Do you have direct line to Admission office, and what time do you think I can call them in Nigeria time... Please text me there line or email ,anyone u have. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by omooba2015(m): 8:05am On Jun 10, 2015
ernestudezi:
When it's 11pm Nigerian time, it's 8am in Sydney. Anytime from 12 midnight. I think that's the number for all international enquiries.

+61 2 9385 6996

Thanks brother, I will update you the outcome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.