Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,364 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1048299 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrkayodeoludare: 10:43am On Mar 06, 2016
Thanx for ur rapid response. Its unfair of them to cut down on applicants's work experience o. I have 10 yrs experience and that's where I am looking to rake plenty points as I am 36 and only have 7,7,7.5,7 in IELTS + a B.A.

alaoeri:

Honestly can't answer but they do claim to have genuine reasons for doing such, am not saying there's not oh but hardly will you see someone from this part of the world whose years of experience isn't tamper.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 10:58am On Mar 06, 2016
Pls my Dropbox is jorgan.ogz@gmail.com for d PTE materials @johnsontade thanks and God bless
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kevinoh: 11:03am On Mar 06, 2016
johnsontade:

Its no longer required. All you need to upload is your 3 episodes(to be uploaded separately), CPD, summary statement and other required supoirt documents like your transcript, cert e.t.c.

Happy sunday sir,

Please I need some advice from you concerning PTE exam and my career episode drafting for Engineers Australia. I have just sent you a pm. Please do respond when you can.
Thank you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mystical10: 12:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
johnsontade:

The ones i have are large files and can only be shared via dropbox.
please I need that Pte material for my wife. Please help me thanks. I just pm you now
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by debsty(m): 1:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
@tyosho

To try to keep it simple,I would put it like this;

If he has been invited to apply and a CO allocated, his EOI would have been suspended and he would not be able update it.

However if he has not been invited, he can update his years of experience and then indicate that the older one is not relevant. I see a bit of an issue with this though, because his assessing body would have indicated his relevant years of experience and the organisation. If he wants to increase the years for Coy B, he might have to update the experience assessment with the body which might cost a bit more.
Hope this helps.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 1:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
[please send to Omoniyiolawale@ymail com too tnx quote author=Rafaela4u post=43521154]

Thanks for your swift response, I really appreciate.

You can assist in sending the PTE material now to b.orimoloye@gmail.com cos I have downloaded , installed and signed up for drop box.

Thanks once again.[/quote]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by alaoeri: 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2016
mrkayodeoludare:
Thanx for ur rapid response. Its unfair of them to cut down on applicants's work experience o. I have 10 yrs experience and that's where I am looking to rake plenty points as I am 36 and only have 7,7,7.5,7 in IELTS + a B.A.

Give it a trial, just be able to back all your years of experience with employment letters where necessary, pay slips etc you maybe fortunate that your years of experience won't be reduce to less than 5 to 7years that is 10points which is still a good news.
5 to 7years work experience = 10points
Your IELTS = 10points
B.Sc = 15points
Age = 25points
That's 60points & if you are married, include your spouse degree certificate that's additional 5points. Give it a trial bro.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tyosho: 5:07pm On Mar 06, 2016
bellong:
@tyosho,

Why does he want to remove company A from his experience?

Company was a job he did during Nysc and shortly after.Not a lot of paperwork to provide as evidence.No Payslips or bank statements.Only a letter from the MD stating he worked there and appointment letter presently available.
Although ICAA seemed satisfied with the little he provided and deemed the experience relevant
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Royat1(m): 5:15pm On Mar 06, 2016
Please is there a way one can migrate to Australia as a permanent resident without work
Experience .
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tyot(f): 6:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
Pls kindly forward the pteA materials to me as well. Odunmama@yahoo.com-dropbox. Thks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
FutureDon:

You have a decent GPA, well done! My knowledge in that area is outdated, I believe. I successfully applied to some schools more than 2 years ago. I know for sure that with that GPA and decent GRE scores, you'll get fully-funded PhD offers in Yankee. In order not to keep derailing this thread with Non-Australian matters smiley, I would suggest that you jump on the US thread. I bet there are current and past PhD students on there.
Thank you sir.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 06, 2016
RedReact:

In Oz, that one too is competitive but you , might get a Graduate Assistantship offer from your dept. You would have to relate well with your prospective prof before this can happen.

Surest bets are North American countries; preferably Canada. They have same PR pathway with Oz in Canny.
Thanks. I've sent you a PM
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 06, 2016
Royat1:
Please is there a way one can migrate to Australia as a permanent resident without work
Experience .
Yes.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Royat1(m): 8:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
DeeTus:
Yes.
Please sir, can u please expanciate further on this
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tyot(f): 8:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
Thks @Olusola 4d materials. God bless u.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by favouredme: 9:49pm On Mar 06, 2016
Hello people.

I was wondering if defering my admission for a semester after receiving a grant(573) will have any adverse effect . I intend to remain in NIGERIA during the deferal period. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrkayodeoludare: 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2016
Thanx a lot bro. I didn't know spouse's edu fetched points...thought it was only english test. In my wife's case It's HND.....

alaoeri:

Give it a trial, just be able to back all your years of experience with employment letters where necessary, pay slips etc you maybe fortunate that your years of experience won't be reduce to less than 5 to 7years that is 10points which is still a good news.
5 to 7years work experience = 10points
Your IELTS = 10points
B.Sc = 15points
Age = 25points
That's 60points & if you are married, include your spouse degree certificate that's additional 5points. Give it a trial bro.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 10:04pm On Mar 06, 2016
hello guys, brisbane is hot oooo hotter than naija sef lol please who is coming this july from lagos?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 10:21pm On Mar 06, 2016
alaoeri:

Whether you are onshore or offshore, if you are applying for PR you must use your B.Sc which is 15points, Oz two years post graduate study is just 5points & if you are lucky to study in regional area additional 5points.
Visit www.border.gov.au and check visa subclass 485 which is post graduate working visa & see the criteria for eligibility.

so someone cant use masters to apply
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by alaoeri: 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2016
mPop:

so someone cant use masters to apply
Assessing bodies are only concern with your first degree, your masters will only count if it's from Australia which is 5points.
mrkayodeoludare:
Thanx a lot bro. I didn't know spouse's edu fetched points...thought it was only english test. In my wife's case It's HND.....

Can't say whether HND will fetch points, hopefully those that are more informed will answer this.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Stanleych007: 10:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
Do u have ur grant already?
favouredme:
Hello people.

I was wondering if defering my admission for a semester after receiving a grant(573) will have any adverse effect . I intend to remain in NIGERIA during the deferal period. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Rafaela4u(f): 10:49pm On Mar 06, 2016
johnsontade:

The ones i have are large files and can only be shared via dropbox.

Thank you so much for sending the material, I really appreciate and may God in his infinite mercy continue to grant you all your heart desires in Jesus Name, Amen.

Thank you once again.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abekeade1: 10:58pm On Mar 06, 2016
@Rafaela4u best of luck dear *wink* and to all other that wil seat for d exam soon. May God grant us all that we wish for. Amen.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Stanleych007: 11:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
Wow coming this march by Gods grace..hope it gets cold before I land..
mPop:
hello guys, brisbane is hot oooo hotter than naija sef lol please who is coming this july from lagos?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 12:35am On Mar 07, 2016
mrkayodeoludare:

Spouse qualification regardless whether PhD/MSc/BSc/HND WON'T give you an extra 5points unless if the occupation is assessed by an Assessing body and in the same list with the principal's occupation.

Partner skills
You can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:
were under 50 years of age
had at least competent English
had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation
had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 3:29am On Mar 07, 2016
alaoeri:

Assessing bodies are only concern with your first degree, your masters will only count if it's from Australia which is 5points.

Can't say whether HND will fetch points, hopefully those that are more informed will answer this.

There's no additional point for Master's degree irrespective of where you bagged it. Only PhD gives you 20 points.

For VETASSES, to escape the risk of being assessed to be equivalent to an Australian associate degree, you can add the master's degree which will give you an edge. However, your work experience prior to the master's degree wouldn't count.

HND is assessed to be equivalent to a diploma which is 10points.

NNBB2012 already addressed getting points for spouse's qualifications.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 4:21am On Mar 07, 2016
bhanjjie:
Brizzy

r u in griffith?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 07, 2016
Royat1:

Please sir, can u please expanciate further on this
You need money and also a tourist visa.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 7:52am On Mar 07, 2016
Greetings to all
I got an offer from ECU to study for M.Eng, and I need to be enlightened on some issues
1. If I opt to pay my tuition via western union online , will I be charged at western union rate or parallel market
2. There is a condition of Entry which is that I provide my bachelors degree completion certificate. The institution I attended issues certificate after convocation, which takes place bi-annually. I graduated in 2014, which means I can't get my certificate till later this year after convocation. I have mailed the school about the situation at hand an asked I I could proceed with notification of result from my institution or letter of attestation . Is It possible they give a positive response

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nanaman(m): 8:29am On Mar 07, 2016
Cottyekundayo:
Greetings to all
I got an offer from ECU to study for M.Eng, and I need to be enlightened on some issues
1. If I opt to pay my tuition via western union online , will I be charged at western union rate or parallel market
2. There is a condition of Entry which is that I provide my bachelors degree completion certificate. The institution I attended issues certificate after convocation, which takes place bi-annually. I graduated in 2014, which means I can't get my certificate till later this year after convocation. I have mailed the school about the situation at hand an asked I I could proceed with notification of result from my institution or letter of attestation . Is It possible they give a positive response

How much were you asked to pay ??
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 8:40am On Mar 07, 2016
nanaman:

How much were you asked to pay ??
about 13.5k, health insurance inclusive
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bhanjjie: 9:03am On Mar 07, 2016
Hello! No, I'm in UQ, Herston campus. I'm in touch with @Enyinna4 and usually tell him to extend my greetings to you. Hope you guys are doing well? We should catch up soon o! I met with @FutureDon recently; he's such a great guy.

mPop:

r u in griffith?

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa