Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,553 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1048323 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 2:25am On Mar 04, 2016
Nawa ooo nobody even reason my matter make una abeg ooooo Jst wanna knw what to expect plz

Please gurus on this site answers please has anyone bn in this situation before and got a grant please answers

Hello house, I applied for the Australian student visa to study diploma and advanced diploma in nursing, I went for medicals and was told I had right pleural effusion and was told to wait for about 3 months to take a Tb test and the test is out and it shows negativity to Tb so now that I don't have to I ve bn invited for a repeat x-ray on the 4th my question now is that if I go for the repeat x-ray and the effusion is still there a little will I get my visa grant since I don't have tb, answers please
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teflondon77: 2:33am On Mar 04, 2016
NNBB2012:

1.5yrs does not qualify you for post-study visa. This is stated clearly from the link you misquoted from. To be eligible for post-study visa, you need to do 2yrs of academic study.

Wow what do i do now guys? all the Msc programs that i can opt for are just 1.5 years.. does this mean i cant get any kind of visa after my 1.5 years of study and must ultimately come back home? please help a brother from making a really bad decision.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 3:24am On Mar 04, 2016
teflondon77:

Wow what do i do now guys? all the Msc programs that i can opt for are just 1.5 years.. does this mean i cant get any kind of visa after my 1.5 years of study and must ultimately come back home? please help a brother from making a really bad decision.

What program are you going for? What's your background? You could go for an extra semester to make it 2yrs. You do another program entirely.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 4:36am On Mar 04, 2016
elawdafinest:
Hello house, I applied for the Australian student visa to study diploma and advanced diploma in nursing, I went for medicals and was told I had right pleural effusion and was told to wait for about 3 months to take a Tb test and the test is out and it shows negativity to Tb so now that I don't have to I ve bn invited for a repeat x-ray on the 4th my question now is that if I go for the repeat x-ray and the effusion is still there a little will I get my visa grant since I don't have tb, answers please

I would like to respond to your post but it's hard to understand what you are saying or what exactly you want. Perhaps, other thread members did not understand.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 4:37am On Mar 04, 2016
missymii:
please I still dey beg oooo. All d student visa gurus in d house

Why don't you apply for a Bachelors in Nursing instead?

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adim02: 6:50am On Mar 04, 2016
@erictack203, jorgan and others please i need address of fatai Williams hospital cos i want to front roll my medical time is short.secondly,were can i get my yellow card and polio vaccine..thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 7:15am On Mar 04, 2016
Okay thank you what im trying to say is that december lastyr i went got medicals and i got a mail that something was seen around my lungs and was adviced to go do the tb test in my panel clinic and ansked to wait for 3months for the result to be concluded and then the result finaly came out and im negative to tb what im asking now is that if i go for a repeat xray and they still see something around my lungs can i still get my visa since i dont have tb?

FutureDon:

I would like to respond to your post but it's hard to understand what you are saying or what exactly you want. Perhaps, other thread members did not understand.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 7:16am On Mar 04, 2016
adim02:
@erictack203, jorgan and others please i need address of fatai Williams hospital cos i want to front roll my medical time is short.secondly,were can i get my yellow card and polio vaccine..thanks

When you get to cms ask of elephant house fatayi-williams clinic is at the back of elephant house
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Stanleych007: 7:16am On Mar 04, 2016
From the much I know about medicals, your results are sent to Global Health Sydney, they are the ones who collect general examinations and make decisions on cases of visa applicants for DIBP, if your medicals won't fly at the embassy you will be contacted the same way they told you about it initially. I suggest u continue with the medicals and ur application, your case doesn't seem to pose a threat, thank God it wasn't TB
elawdafinest:
Nawa ooo nobody even reason my matter make una abeg ooooo Jst wanna knw what to expect plz

Please gurus on this site answers please has anyone bn in this situation before and got a grant please answers

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 7:19am On Mar 04, 2016
Stanleych007:
From the much I know about medicals, your results are sent to Global Health Sydney, they are the ones who collect general examinations and make decisions on cases of visa applicants for DIBP, if your medicals won't fly at the embassy you will be contacted the same way they told you about it initially. I suggest u continue with the medicals and ur application, your case doesn't seem to pose a threat, thank God it wasn't TB

Thanks @stanley
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 7:22am On Mar 04, 2016
adim02:

When you get to cms ask for elephant house fatayi-williams is behind elephant house and you will gwt your polio vaccine at the clinic thats fatayi-williams clinic and you will be issued a certificate of vaccination

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 7:23am On Mar 04, 2016
elawdafinest:

Okay thank you what im trying to say is that december lastyr i went got medicals and i got a mail that something was seen around my lungs and was adviced to go do the tb test in my panel clinic and ansked to wait for 3months for the result to be concluded and then the result finaly came out and im negative to tb what im asking now is that if i go for a repeat xray and they still see something around my lungs can i still get my visa since i dont have tb?

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adim02: 7:24am On Mar 04, 2016
elawdafinest:

When you get to cms ask of elephant house fatayi-williams clinic is at the back of elephant house

Thamks.Please were can i get the yellow card and polio vaccine .thanks once again
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 7:25am On Mar 04, 2016
adim02:

Fatai Williams hospital is at CMS (54/56 Bankole Street,behind Elephant House at end of Broad Street on Lagos Island). You can get the Oral Polio Vaccination done at the same clinic in place of the yellow card. The OPV is enough for your visa application, but you have to get the yellow card later before you travel so you don't have problem at point of entry in Australia.

Hold your 37,500 strong, 32,500 for Medical examination & Oral Polio Vaccine, then 5,000 naira for X-Ray.

When I did my medical examination at fatayi Williams, myself and the other guys that went on that day were referred to St Nicholas Hospital for the X-Ray, that's double movement. Same might happen in ur case. Go as early as possible.

Good luck.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 7:27am On Mar 04, 2016
adim02:

Thamks.Please were can i get the yellow card and polio vaccine .thanks once again

You will get it at the same clinic
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 04, 2016
Good day folks,
I would love to study and work in Australia. I intend to go for MSc/PhD in Biotechnology. I need your help on some qsts.
1. Can I apply for PhD directly (I have BS in Mcb)?
2. Can I get full funding?
3. How practicable is it for me to work in Australia after studying (I don't wanna come bk to Naija)?
4. What other countries would you suggest I look into (don't wanna put all my eggs in a basket).
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by johnsontade: 9:28am On Mar 04, 2016
Onenigeriangirl:

Stanbic is giving PTA at the moment. You need to have applied at least 2 weeks in advance. They will always tell you no cash but you need to be persistent.

They are giving based on travel dates, so if you are travelling today or tomorrow, they will attend to you. I'm travelling on Sunday so I was treated like someone travelling tomorrow since they won't be open over the weekend. Ask to speak to either Femi or Kemi. Even if they ask you to go, just wait there. You will get.

Best of luck.

Really appreciate the info.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 9:53am On Mar 04, 2016
Onenigeriangirl:

Stanbic is giving PTA at the moment. You need to have applied at least 2 weeks in advance. They will always tell you no cash but you need to be persistent.

They are giving based on travel dates, so if you are travelling today or tomorrow, they will attend to you. I'm travelling on Sunday so I was treated like someone travelling tomorrow since they won't be open over the weekend. Ask to speak to either Femi or Kemi. Even if they ask you to go, just wait there. You will get.

Best of luck.

whats PTA?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 10:02am On Mar 04, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

whats PTA?

Parents Teachers ... Personal Travel Allowance

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adim02: 10:10am On Mar 04, 2016
jorgan:

Fatai Williams hospital is at CMS (54/56 Bankole Street,behind Elephant House at end of Broad Street on Lagos Island). You can get the Oral Polio Vaccination done at the same clinic in place of the yellow card. The OPV is enough for your visa application, but you have to get the yellow card later before you travel so you don't have problem at point of entry in Australia.
Hold your 37,500 strong, 32,500 for Medical examination & Oral Polio Vaccine, then 5,000 naira for X-Ray.
When I did my medical examination at fatayi Williams, myself and the other guys that went on that day were referred to St Nicholas Hospital for the X-Ray, that's double movement. Same might happen in ur case. Go as early as possible.
Good luck.

@ jorgan thank you for your response to my question also elawdafinest.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2016
izykvision0:
Inside Myer.
ANZ bank.
Bro, what's up? I sent you a PM but I later saw your gmail address and sent you a mail. Pls respond to the mail. Expecting your response. Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STAugustineOf13(m): 12:27pm On Mar 04, 2016
elawdafinest:

I tell you what, most of all these Test they're referring you to is becox you're going IN for medical issues.
Those that are going for medicals courses are been thoroughly check.
I stand to be correct ooo.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 1:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
elawdafinest:

At this point all u can do is to pray n wait for response from DIBP or the Sydney medical facility. but just know that u have nothing to worry abt. We've previously had people on this thread that were diagnosed with tb. All they had to do was treat it n do series of Xrays. Today they are in Australia. Here, they're just protecting their country hence all d tests. You might also have to sign an undertaking or something. So relax, no one here can give u another response as we dnt work at DIBP. I wish u d best...

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by johnHadey: 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
teflondon77:

The two years Australian study requirement.
In the six months before you apply, you must meet the Australian study requirement. You meet this requirement if you can satisfy us that you have completed one or more degrees, diplomas or trade qualifications for award by an Australian educational institution as a result of a course(s):
that is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
1.for which all instruction was conducted in English
2.that were completed as a result of total of at least two academic years (92 weeks) study
3.that were completed in a total of at least 16 calendar months
4.that have been undertaken while you were in Australia as the holder of a visa authorising you to study.
English language proficiency courses or enabling programs cannot be used to meet the Australian study requirement.

The no 3 point was what gave me the impression, since 16months translates a year and 4months...but the boss said otherwise, sorry if my info was misleading.
only u can do a diligent research on ur own..this requirements are on the link posted earlier..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 2:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
Go for Masters or Bachelors of Nursing. I strongly advice you to avoid 572 application if you actually want to end up getting a Visa. Pretoria has declared "war" against 572 applications.

missymii:
please I still dey beg oooo. All d student visa gurus in d house

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 2:39pm On Mar 04, 2016
House have answered you, I will add that you call them also to book an appointment.

Go with your original copy of IP and also a photocopy and 2 white backgrnd passport fotos. Goodluck.

adim02:
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by richnet(m): 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2016
erictack203:
Go for Masters or Bachelors of Nursing. I strongly advice you to avoid 572 application if you actually want to end up getting a Visa. Pretoria has declared "war" against 572 applications.

Hello erictack203,

i applied for Diploma of community service, 572 with strong statement of purpose, 10M in my personal account statements, and i have frontloaded medicals..am kind of confused based on the statement you made above. applied on 18 Feb, school to resume 24th of March.
please advice as I have not received any grant. though last year I was denied due to insufficient funds when the amount in my account was 4.7M.

please educate and advice me.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 3:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
Onenigeriangirl:

Best of luck.
How was given to you ?

When i get to australia where will i change to cash?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by alaoeri: 3:59pm On Mar 04, 2016
NNBB2012:

1.5yrs does not qualify you for post-study visa. This is stated clearly from the link you misquoted from. To be eligible for post-study visa, you need to do 2yrs of academic study.
Boss abeg what is the IELTS requirement to score points for visa subclass 485?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by RedReact: 4:33pm On Mar 04, 2016
teflondon77:
Thanks everyone that helped out when i asked my previous question, i have another question though, i am going for a Masters program that lasts only 1 and half years, pls does this qualify me for the post study visa?? and can i still use this as a route to get PR later when i am done?? because i read somewhere on this thread that one has to study for atleast two yrs to get Post study visa or PR, i am confused. House, before i spend all the millions i have managed to save up over the years on this, pls advice
Let it be 2 years; search around for schools that offer that duration for your program.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by RedReact: 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2016
erictack203:

What happened concerning 572 apps?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by RedReact: 4:43pm On Mar 04, 2016
Jumybecks:
Good day folks,
I would love to study and work in Australia. I intend to go for MSc/PhD in Biotechnology. I need your help on some qsts.
1. Can I apply for PhD directly (I have BS in Mcb)?
2. Can I get full funding?
3. How practicable is it for me to work in Australia after studying (I don't wanna come bk to Naija)?
4. What other countries would you suggest I look into (don't wanna put all my eggs in a basket).

1. Yes, you can. Admission is dependent on strong cgpa.
2. Funding for research program is Oz is somewhat somehow, but not impossible. You can try North America though, as there are high chances of funding.
3. Well, you can do your thorough search about job prospects before you launch into it.
4. Any country can suffice into that suggestion. Just settle for what your heart desires, as you are the only.one that knows what you want.

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66