Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,917 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1047151 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Swimgood: 9:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
Like play like play am on my flight to Sydney...lemme explore this oz sef....

8 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dfavouredone: 10:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
Swimgood:

All the best bro.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 11:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
NNBB2012:

Yes, it is 4years in Australia which is most times equivalent to 5years overseas except if you graduated from countries that have accord with them. I will advise you should use Professional Engineers template. They might ask you to put it in Engineering Technologist template rather than given you negative outcome. I know two different Engineers; one Mechanical (Unilag) and the other Chemical Engineer (Uni Ben)that were given Engineering Technologist. They applied for Professional Engineer Engineer but were given that.
@NNBB, do you have any idea why they were given Engineering technologist, cos I have seen people from same school getting professional engineering.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bigfatthing(m): 11:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
mctowel01:
You have to tell us more about your qualifications, work experience and age.. So you will get good advice on the best route to take.
OK thanks for the response. I'm 22 years old, will be 23 in July. I have a btech in electronic and electrical engineering, no serious work experience I think it's better to say no working experience
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 12:06am On Mar 28, 2016
jukeblam:

Do you know if they both spent the whole 5 yrs in their various unis or they had ND-to-200level or HND-300 level progression? Maybe any of such could have affected, no?

So, does this totally restrict the jobs they can take or overlapping of duties sure happens over there?

I recently got my positive assessment as a Professional Engineer (Mechanical); and I did the diploma route into 200 level (Unilag). However, I had an extra semester that added a year to my graduation year and strikes that added another year to total time spent; maybe these peculiarities had an effect. Or maybe not.

I mean, the transcript would still show same content- save for the 1st year which is mostly general courses across the faculty.

You should apply via fastrack too.
Cool, it wouldn't have been long since you graduated, cos i know unilag diploma began quite recently (<10yrs ago). Are you applying for PR currently?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jukeblam(m): 1:00am On Mar 28, 2016
mctowel01:

Cool, it wouldn't have been long since you graduated, cos i know unilag diploma began quite recently (<10yrs ago). Are you applying for PR currently?

Lol...this is 2016 right?
That definitely makes it more than 15yrs of Unilag cashing in.

Yes. Done with EA assessment, gotten the invite and I should lodge in April.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lovetrust(m): 3:34am On Mar 28, 2016
NNBB2012:

She is eligible for PR and her occupation is on the list. She won't get any points from experience whether she uses her HND or MSc. I would advise she should use her MSc so that she can get 15points from qualification and 25points from her age. She really need to do extremely well in English Test.
-Read my previous posts for step by step procedure.

Thanks alot @NNBB2012

PLEASE HELP ANALYSE THIS BELOW:

Points for Partner Skill Qualifications
Points for Partner Skill Qualifications
Criteria: Points
You can receive five points if your partner meets requirements at the time you are invited to apply relating to:

Age;
English Language Ability;
A suitable skills assessment in a nominated occupation on the same Skilled Occupation List used for your application.
You cannot receive these points if your partner is not included on your visa application, or if they are an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident.

My questions @NNBB2012

1. MUST I MEET ALL THE CRITERIA AS A SPOUSE?

2. WHAT IS REALLY REQUIRED IN TERMS OF MY AGE?

3. ENGLIGH LANGUAGE ABILITY STATED ABOVE:
HOW DO I PROOF THAT AS A SPOUSE?

4.A suitable skills assessment in a nominated occupation
on the same Skilled Occupation List used for your application....
I have HND in computer science (upper credit)
PGD IN EDUCATION (UPPER DIVISION)
MASTERS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)

DO I SATISFY THIS LAST CONDITION (IF NECESSARY)??

THANKS
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dami2boi(m): 6:35am On Mar 28, 2016
Swimgood:

Goodluck bro and keep us updated with good tidyings over there.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oudodi: 7:22am On Mar 28, 2016
adim02:
@"oudodi you can send me ok
have pm u Buh u are yet to respond
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Blitzenkreig66: 7:38am On Mar 28, 2016
Hi NNBL2012, bellogg

kindly advice on the best route to take.
Qualification: B.Eng
Experience: 1yr in d workshop of a transport company as workshop supervisor (nysc), 1yr 6 months as a mechanical Engr in a firm.
IELTS: W- 6.5, S- 7.5, R- 8.5, L- 8.5 overall 8.0 ( I knw its useless cos of d 6.5)

My questions are these
1. Is it possible I extend my experience by 7 months since I have 9months gap btw wen I started Working and wen I finished Nysc
2. Do I go thru student route or PR route? The wahala is I have already applied for a stdnt visa to do advanced diploma not in engineering.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 8:19am On Mar 28, 2016
enabs20:

Hi mPop, how's settling down in Oz like, i hope it's as good as we who are here in naija believe. I have been reading through the pages of this thread and i think my scenario is simple to yours. I would like to ask u some questions, i hv sent u a mail via nairaland, and would much more appreciate ur email addy for ease of communication. Pls its also urgent. Thanks and God bless.

hello im just seeinf this
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 8:32am On Mar 28, 2016
harrypreye please send me ur email address, thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yemzy26: 11:17am On Mar 28, 2016
Please gurus,what do i do to get answers to my questions,i don send 2 posts o abeg
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 11:27am On Mar 28, 2016
Blitzenkreig66:
Hi NNBL2012, bellogg

kindly advice on the best route to take.
Qualification: B.Eng
Experience: 1yr in d workshop of a transport company as workshop supervisor (nysc), 1yr 6 months as a mechanical Engr in a firm.
IELTS: W- 6.5, S- 7.5, R- 8.5, L- 8.5 overall 8.0 ( I knw its useless cos of d 6.5)

My questions are these
1. Is it possible I extend my experience by 7 months since I have 9months gap btw wen I started Working and wen I finished Nysc
2. Do I go thru student route or PR route? The wahala is I have already applied for a stdnt visa to do advanced diploma not in engineering.

Can you rewrite your English test and aim to get a 20point mark?

You can get a positive assessment from Engineer Australia using your 11\2 year experience to write the CDR.

If you can get a 20point score in English, you don't need to claim point for work experience.

@Lovetrust,

No point disturbing yourself about spouse point. To get the 5-point, you must do a skill assessment and get positive result. The spouse point is not a compulsory requirement, just to aid in point accummulation. Let your spouse get his/her 60point...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 11:59am On Mar 28, 2016
jukeblam
Ok this is good. A relief I must say. Cos I also have a national diploma used to enter 200l in Futo. Please can I pm u for a sample of ur CDR? I'm preparing mine n need all the help I can get. Thx a lot
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
lawland:
@NNBB, do you have any idea why they were given Engineering technologist, cos I have seen people from same school getting professional engineering.
The Mechanical Engineer had experience in Telecoms and nominated same so that was why he was given ET. I really do not see reason for such but it is their decision.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 2:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
bigfatthing:

OK thanks for the response. I'm 22 years old, will be 23 in July. I have a btech in electronic and electrical engineering, no serious work experience I think it's better to say no working experience
Ok, from the look of things.. Your best bet in going for PR direct(189 visa subclass) is to get the 60 points required from other means other than work experience. From your age, you
Btech: 15 points
Total= 40
This means you have to look for 20 points from English proficiency. I ll advise you go for PTE if you are aiming to getbthe required 20 points.
Tho there is still skill assessment stage after, but the good side is that EA doesn't require work experience to be mandatory. You need career episodes which can be from school projects and internships.
I guess i have summatized the path i know. There is also this state nomination, but i dont know much about that path
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 2:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
bellong:

Can you rewrite your English test and aim to get a 20point mark?

You can get a positive assessment from Engineer Australia using your 11\2 year experience to write the CDR.

If you can get a 20point score in English, you don't need to claim point for work experience.

@Lovetrust,

No point disturbing yourself about spouse point. To get the 5-point, you must do a skill assessment and get positive result. The spouse point is not a compulsory requirement, just to aid in point accummulation. Let your spouse get his/her 60point...
@Blitzenkreig66
I dont know much about the state nomination thing, but i know it gives like 5 points. So if you can get that, you have lesser work in getting 10 points for ielts/pte
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 2:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
mctowel01:

Ok, from the look of things.. Your best bet in going for PR direct(189 visa subclass) is to get the 60 points required from other means other than work experience. From your age, you
Total= 40
This means you have to look for 20 points from English proficiency. I ll advise you go for PTE if you are aiming to getbthe required 20 points.
Tho there is still skill assessment stage after, but the good side is that EA doesn't require work experience to be mandatory. You need career episodes which can be from school projects and internships.
I guess i have summatized the path i know. There is also this state nomination, but i dont know much about that path
I , graduated in 2014 , second class upper division civil Engineering , overall ielts 7.5 with 6.5 Writing.. others above 7. NYSC is my work experience( ministry of works).. though it ends in April. What's my PR chance
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by TempusQ(m): 3:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
mctowel01:

Total= 40 45

@bigfatthing
Pls note the corrections above...

32+ of age = 25 points
While
32 & below = 30 points
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 4:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hello bro @ENGRJC happy Easter have you heard anything and when is your school supposed to resume?
ENGRJCJ:
how far na.. Have you heard anything from ur CO
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 5:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
TempusQ:

@bigfatthing Pls note the corrections above...
32+ of age = 25 points While 32 & below = 30 points
Wrong! Between 18-24=25 points Between 25-32=30 points And 32-i don't know =25 points
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
scrollmeout:

Depends if you are in Lagos or Abuja. This response is for tests taken at Fatayi Williams Lagos.
All adults above 18 years of age will do all 3 tests above at the cost of 30k, 5.2k and 6k respectively. Children 2 yrs and above will do 501-medical exam at 20k and TBT at 6k respectively. Lastly babies/infants under 2yrs of age will do 501 test alone at 20k.
The results will then be sent to Global Health Sydney in 7 working days, you will receive a mail to that effect. Finally DIBP will be advised on the outcome btw 1-3 working days.
Note that chest xray are taken at St Nicholas hospital, Lagos

Hello,

Good day all. I had my medicals precisely one week ago at Fatayi WILLIAMS clinic and the doctor told me they will send the results last week and I will receive an email but up till now I have not heard anything from the hospital, no email whatsoever and when i check emedical I am told the panel clinic is yet to send the result. Is this normal? I am getting worried, pls advise
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 5:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

I , graduated in 2014 , second class upper division civil Engineering , overall ielts 7.5 with 6.5 Writing.. others above 7. NYSC is my work experience( ministry of works).. though it ends in April. What's my PR chance
First of all, your school grades dont significantly come to play in this PR application.
Just look at your minimum ielts score in determining if you are eligible for points.
Less then 7(from 6.5below) in any band does not qualify you for points.
So all you have are your degree(15 points) and age(25/30 points (you didnt state your age) ) Your nysc experience will help you in preparing career episodes for skill assessment, so its still very useful.
What you can bank on is working hard to get higher scores in an English proficiency exam. I ll advise you tty PTE since you ve just done ielts. Your ielts will still be useful, so its also not a waste.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 5:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
elawdafinest:
Hello bro @ENGRJC happy Easter have you heard anything and when is your school supposed to resume?
Which u the best. I have not heard anything from them o.. Resumption is may
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
mctowel01:

First of all, your school grades dont significantly come to play in this PR application.
Just look at your minimum ielts score in determining if you are eligible for points.
Less then 7(from 6.5below) in any band does not qualify you for points.
So all you have are your degree(15 points) and age(25/30 points (you didnt state your age) ) Your nysc experience will help you in preparing career episodes for skill assessment, so its still very useful.
What you can bank on is working hard to get higher scores in an English proficiency exam. I ll advise you tty PTE since you ve just done ielts. Your ielts will still be useful, so its also not a waste.
My Masters route will be just better then. Thank you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 6:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
samge:

Hello,

Good day all. I had my medicals precisely one week ago at Fatayi WILLIAMS clinic and the doctor told me they will send the results last week and I will receive an email but up till now I have not heard anything from the hospital, no email whatsoever and when i check emedical I am told the panel clinic is yet to send the result. Is this normal? I am getting worried, pls advise
No need to be worried. The time frame is 7 working days nd not just 1 week. If you don't get an email from them, I advise you call them on phone. They will have to give you a reason for the delay
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
scrollmeout:
No need to be worried. The time frame is 7 working days nd not just 1 week. If you don't get an email from them, I advise you call them on phone. They will have to give you a reason for the delay

Thank you for responding.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by TempusQ(m): 7:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
Noted!!!
Thank you...
I don't know about 18-24.
mctowel01:

Wrong!
Between 18-24=25 points
Between 25-32=30 points
And 32-i don't know =25 points
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Phemorinho(m): 9:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
@NNB2012. @bellong please i am in a dilemma. I applied to Edith Cowan University to study Master of Professional Accounting, and also at Flinders University. After a week, i got a mail from ECU that i do not meet the admission requirement for Masters,that my bachelors degree was assessed and its equivalent to Australian diploma (probable cause is,my bachelors is three years,simply because i gained admission into my university with IJMB Alevels)
My questions are:
What do i do
Do i just go for PR instead?
My profile:
Age will be 29 by next month
I studied Accounting.
I work with the Federal Govt,so my 6years job experience is not in accounting.
I am married with 3kids.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
Phemorinho:
@NNB2012. @bellong please i am in a dilemma. I applied to Edith Cowan University to study Master of Professional Accounting, and also at Flinders University. After a week, i got a mail from ECU that i do not meet the admission requirement for Masters,that my bachelors degree was assessed and its equivalent to Australian diploma (probable cause is,my bachelors is three years,simply because i gained admission into my university with IJMB Alevels)
My questions are:
What do i do
Do i just go for PR instead?
My profile:
Age will be 29 by next month
I studied Accounting.
I work with the Federal Govt,so my 6years job experience is not in accounting.
I am married with 3kids.
Did you include your IJMB result and transcript? Since your Bachelor couldn't secure you a MSc admission, you can't even get positive assessment with assessing body either. Your best bet is to go for Post-graduate Certificate/Diploma which you would be able to transfer to your Master.

I hope it helps.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:21pm On Mar 28, 2016
TempusQ:
Noted!!!
Thank you...
I don't know about 18-24.

32+ but less than 33 in age will still get 30points

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.