Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1047029 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BKings: 1:17am On Mar 29, 2016
BKings:
Hi house.

This goes to those who recently paid their tuition. Since the payment is now done in batches, were you getting any aknowledgement from the school that they have recieved some part of your payment or was it until you completed the whole payment?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lovetrust(m): 1:41am On Mar 29, 2016
@NNBB2012

Please help me check if this profile of a relative
Is eligible for point based PR.

QUALIFICATION : HND IN COMPUTER SCIENCE upper credit (2005) &
MASTERS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, MBA (2012)

Work experience : self employed : trading in cement bags & wine since 2006 till date

PTE-ACADEMICS: IN VIEW (WHAT GRADE POINT IN PTE-A IS EQUIVALENT TO IELTS
7.0, 7.5 & 8.0 ?

THANKS IN ANTICIPATION.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by weyabblog: 2:25am On Mar 29, 2016
@NNBB2012
want to know my chances of getting PR, ( if possible pls compile a full direction and process on this.)
age 30 by july
b.tech mathematics
3 years experience in teaching.
have not taking any english exam for now.

whats my faith and where will i start from, thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 2:30am On Mar 29, 2016
lovetrust:
@NNBB2012

Please help me check if this profile of a relative
Is eligible for point based PR.

QUALIFICATION : HND IN COMPUTER SCIENCE upper credit (2005) &
MASTERS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, MBA (2012)

Work experience : self employed : trading in cement bags & wine since 2006 till date

PTE-ACADEMICS: IN VIEW (WHAT GRADE POINT IN PTE-A IS EQUIVALENT TO IELTS
7.0, 7.5 & 8.0 ?

THANKS IN ANTICIPATION.
Your exprience does not match with your HND Computer Science and such NOT able to get positive assessment with ACS. You need 6years relevant experience in order to get positive assessment.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lovetrust(m): 2:42am On Mar 29, 2016
NNBB2012:

Your exprience does not match with your HND Computer Science and such NOT able to get positive assessment with ACS. You need 6years relevant experience in order to get positive assessment.

Thanks for the response @NNBB2012

IN THIS CASE, WHAT DO YOU ADVICE?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 2:52am On Mar 29, 2016
weyabblog:
@NNBB2012
want to know my chances of getting PR, ( if possible pls compile a full direction and process on this.)
age 30 by july
b.tech mathematics
3 years experience in teaching.
have not taking any english exam for now.

whats my faith and where will i start from, thanks.
Do you have at least one year experience as a Mathematician? If yes, you can approach Vetassess for assessment and you will get positive assessment. For your teaching experience, you need to check with AITSL. I think you need at least Bachelor Degree in Education to be eligible as a Secondary School Teacher and you also need at least W& R-7 , L &S-8. Here, you can't teach if you do not have Teaching education.
You can go for a 2yrs MSc of Teaching. You should be fine.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 2:54am On Mar 29, 2016
lovetrust:

Thanks for the response @NNBB2012

IN THIS CASE, WHAT DO YOU ADVICE?
Study option is your best bet. Go for a relevant course say MSc in Information Technology that is accredited, you will be fine eventually. Of course, it is not small money.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Swimgood: 6:47am On Mar 29, 2016
Touch down...Perth airport going to Sydney later today....mehn mehn mehn....

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SUJYDEE(m): 7:07am On Mar 29, 2016
@NNBB2012

I actually mailed EA before the Easter break and they replied me this morning.

I was given 2 options, though they said until I fully applied before I can be assured of positive outcome.

They said going by my qualifications I can be classified as either Engineering Associate or I follow the Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) pathway.

Here's the reply I got from them... .... .

Your Higher National Diploma may meet our minimum requirement for assessment after the completion of the National Diploma which you also have. Please refer to page 6 of the attached booklet for the Associate level requirements.

We can only offer an opinion at this stage, as until your application is submitted in full, we would not be able to guarantee a positive outcome, but based on the information you have provided, you should be able to apply via the CDR pathway as per Section C of the attached booklet.

Kind regards,

Nadia

Please house, has anyone gone through either of these paths before.

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lovetrust(m): 10:25am On Mar 29, 2016
NNBB2012:

Study option is your best bet. Go for a relevant course say MSc in Information Technology that is accredited, you will be fine eventually. Of course, it is not small money.

Thanks alot for your support @NNBB2012

if study option is the best as it stands now, how do one satisfy the 60 points for 189 or 190 visa after completion of the program? owing to the fact that a minimum of 6 years work experience is needed to be assessed by ACS

kindly explain this study route to PR .

I am grateful.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by TempusQ(m): 11:14am On Mar 29, 2016
Thanks boss!
NNBB2012:

32+ but less than 33 in age will still get 30points
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chebyshev(m): 1:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
@NNBB2012,

I am a Chemical Engineer and presently preparing for my IELTS which will come up by end of next month and also writing my career episodes. I do not really have relevant working experience in Chemical Engineering related fields but am banking on my project,nysc and btech post nysc internship for my career episodes. Can I use my 6 months post b.tech internship to write a career episode ? I am a bit confused here because there is an information on Engineers Australia which requires employment letter for any experience that provides the basis for a career episode even if the period of the experience was less than than one year. It was an internship and not employment so I do not have an employment letter to present. What I have as an evidence is the electronic copy of the invitation email for the internship/training. Also, is NYSC certificate enough as proof of experience during NYSC?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by weyabblog: 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2016
NNBB2012:

Do you have at least one year experience as a Mathematician? If yes, you can approach Vetassess for assessment and you will get positive assessment. For your teaching experience, you need to check with AITSL. I think you need at least Bachelor Degree in Education to be eligible as a Secondary School Teacher and you also need at least W& R-7 , L &S-8. Here, you can't teach if you do not have Teaching education.
You can go for a 2yrs MSc of Teaching. You should be fine.
ook thanks alot. Hoq can i approach vettasses?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2016
chebyshev:
@NNBB2012,

I am a Chemical Engineer and presently preparing for my IELTS which will come up by end of next month and also writing my career episodes. I do not really have relevant working experience in Chemical Engineering related fields but am banking on my project,nysc and btech post nysc internship for my career episodes. Can I use my 6 months post b.tech internship to write a career episode ? I am a bit confused here because there is an information on Engineers Australia which requires employment letter for any experience that provides the basis for a career episode even if the period of the experience was less than than one year. It was an internship and not employment so I do not have an employment letter to present. What I have as an evidence is the electronic copy of the invitation email for the internship/training. Also, is NYSC certificate enough as proof of experience during NYSC?
You DON'T need employment letter since you are writing it based on your internship.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2016
weyabblog:
ook thanks alot. Hoq can i approach vettasses?
Do you have experience as a Mathematician? I believe you know the duties of a Mathematician.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 5:21pm On Mar 29, 2016
lovetrust:

if study option is the best as it stands now, how do one satisfy the 60 points for 189 or 190 visa after completion of the program? owing to the fact that a minimum of 6 years work experience is needed to be assessed by ACS

I am grateful.
You still need to earn the required points for the visa type you want to apply for. You get your points from age,qualification,English test,experience,etc. If you eventually go for 2yrs MSc , you will need to complete 1 yr professional year before you can be assessed positively. The rest is to gather the required points.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
SUJYDEE:
@NNBB2012

I actually mailed EA before the Easter break and they replied me this morning.

I was given 2 options, though they said until I fully applied before I can be assured of positive outcome.

They said going by my qualifications I can be classified as either Engineering Associate or I follow the Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) pathway.

Here's the reply I got from them... .... .

Your Higher National Diploma may meet our minimum requirement for assessment after the completion of the National Diploma which you also have. Please refer to page 6 of the attached booklet for the Associate level requirements.

We can only offer an opinion at this stage, as until your application is submitted in full, we would not be able to guarantee a positive outcome, but based on the information you have provided, you should be able to apply via the CDR pathway as per Section C of the attached booklet.

Kind regards,

Nadia

Please house, has anyone gone through either of these paths before.

Thanks
They have just given you the category you fall into based on your highest level of qualification in engineering which is equivalent to Australia Advanced Diploma. You will still need to nominate an occupation. And based on your profile, I think the closest occupation you can nominate is "Mechanical Technician" and unfortunately it is not EA that assesses that but rather TRA. You need at least 3yrs experience to be assessed by them.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kenb9: 6:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
@NNBB2012. .........I mine eligible. ...............

Age 34
I graduated from federal poly oko 2008
HND in computer science (faculty of sc & engineering)

I have been working in my brother's company as their webmaster. ...I designed and maintained the site for 6 years. .....its a pharmaceutical company. but he wasn't paying me salary. .....he gives me money everyday though. I also designed their inventory system and maintained it too.

he gives me similar jobs from his friends' companies and I get well paid.

I bagged a masters in computer systems from University of ibadan in 2015

I mine eligible for PR path Sir

And again, I am not an excellent English speaker: so, among PTE, ielts and toefl.....which do u recommend for me?

God bless you all.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by weyabblog: 6:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
NNBB2012:

Do you have experience as a Mathematician? I believe you know the duties of a Mathematician.
yes im aware. have b.tech in mathematics, just finshed my msc in mathematics but not yet with the certificate. have no edu but have taught in secondary school for upto 3 years. how can i go from here ? thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kenb9: 6:41pm On Mar 29, 2016
[quote author=NNBB2012 post=44224200]
You still need to earn the required points for the visa type you want to apply for. You get your points from age,qualification,English test,experience,etc. If you eventually go for 2yrs MSc , you will need to complete 1 yr professional year before you can be assessed positively. The rest is to gather the require
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 7:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
kenb9:
@NNBB2012. .........I mine eligible. ...............

Age 34
I graduated from federal poly oko 2008
HND in computer science (faculty of sc & engineering)

I have been working in my brother's company as their webmaster. ...I designed and maintained the site for 6 years. .....its a pharmaceutical company. but he wasn't paying me salary. .....he gives me money everyday though. I also designed their inventory system and maintained it too.

he gives me similar jobs from his friends' companies and I get well paid.

I bagged a masters in computer systems from University of ibadan in 2015

I mine eligible for PR path Sir

And again, I am not an excellent English speaker: so, among PTE, ielts and toefl.....which do u recommend for me?

God bless you all.

The truth is that your experience needs to be substantiated. There is no two ways about it. It has to be full-time,paid employment,pay-slip,bank statement etc. If you can prove it, you are good to go.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
weyabblog:
yes im aware. have b.tech in mathematics, just finshed my msc in mathematics but not yet with the certificate. have no edu but have taught in secondary school for upto 3 years. how can i go from here ? thanks
You need experience as a Mathematician before you can be assessed. Alternatively, you can proceed for your MSc Teaching so that you can be assessed as a Secondary school teacher or PhD in IT. There is no way except this options.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 40manlappy: 7:21pm On Mar 29, 2016
@NNBB2012

I read one of your posts where you said some occupations such as Accountant have been "flagged" and invitations would now be on pro-rata basis.

My wife is a Chartered Accountant while my occupation seems to be closely related to Financial Institution Branch Manager under ANZSCO classification.

In view of this, who stands a better chance on SkillSelect between us?

Do you anyone who has been positively assessed by VETASSES for Financial Institution Branch Manager?

Are there other occupational classifications that are also related to my occupation as a banker (Branch Manager/Relationship Manager/Account Officer/Business Development Officer)

Should both of us apply to increase our chances of securing PR for the family?

Looping: bellong, scrollmeout, lawland, other gurus
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 7:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
40manlappy:
@NNBB2012

I read one of your posts where you said some occupations such as Accountant have been "flagged" and invitations would now be on pro-rata basis.

My wife is a Chartered Accountant while my occupation seems to be closely related to Financial Institution Branch Manager under ANZSCO classification.

In view of this, who stands a better chance on SkillSelect between us?

Do you anyone who has been positively assessed by VETASSES for Financial Institution Branch Manager?

Are there other occupational classifications that are also related to my occupation as a banker (Branch Manager/Relationship Manager/Account Officer/Business Development Officer)

Should both of us apply to increase our chances of securing PR for the family?

Looping: bellong, scrollmeout, lawland, other gurus

I will advise that both of you should proceed with assessment. That is where to start from and later you will check to know who between you will have more points. The better your points the better for you. Whatever you need to do, do it now before July 1 because anything can happen after that day. That's the beginning of Australian new financial year. They make changes yearly and there is nothing one can do about it.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SUJYDEE(m): 8:00pm On Mar 29, 2016
NNBB2012:

They have just given you the category you fall into based on your highest level of qualification in engineering which is equivalent to Australia Advanced Diploma. You will still need to nominate an occupation. And based on your profile, I think the closest occupation you can nominate is "Mechanical Technician" and unfortunately it is not EA that assesses that but rather TRA. You need at least 3yrs experience to be assessed by them.

Yeah, can't be assessed by EA and I have been given another option which is fitter (general) and that will be done by TRA.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 40manlappy: 8:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
NNBB2012:

I will advise that both of you should proceed with assessment. That is where to start from and later you will check to know who between you will have more points. The better your points the better for you. Whatever you need to do, do it now before July 1 because anything can happen after that day. That's the beginning of Australian new financial year. They make changes yearly and there is nothing one can do about it.

Thanks a great deal. How long does a typical assessment takes? Do you think we can beat the July 1 deadline if we apply NOW?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 9:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
anyone please how would i know if my medicals has been accessed by the DIBP or the body in charge my school resumes on the 6th of april and i have not heard anything getting a bit worried (Thanks in anticipation to your response) [quote author=mctowel01 post=44187997]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Marisley(f): 9:52pm On Mar 29, 2016
@NNBB2012

Kudos to you on how you take your time to answer all questions. I have been a silent reader on this forum but i really just had to commend you for the good work.

My husband just lodged his MSA to EA and awaiting his outcome.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by weyabblog: 9:57pm On Mar 29, 2016
NNBB2012:

You need experience as a Mathematician before you can be assessed. Alternatively, you can proceed for your MSc Teaching so that you can be assessed as a Secondary school teacher or PhD in IT. There is no way except this options.
i seems lost here, experience as how? getting appointed in a school down here or taking some private course.... just break it for me. thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Phemorinho(m): 10:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
NNBB2012:

Did you include your IJMB result and transcript? Since your Bachelor couldn't secure you a MSc admission, you can't even get positive assessment with assessing body either. Your best bet is to go for Post-graduate Certificate/Diploma which you would be able to transfer to your Master.

I hope it helps.
I included my IJMB result. I will just apply for the post graduate diploma at ECU.thank you for your timely response.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by princeade09: 10:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
Hello to everyone in the house.

Please can o e secure admission I to an Australian University with waec and toefl result only?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
lovetrust:

I am grateful.
6yrs is needed because you presently have HND. You still need to earn the points though. However, with Australian accredited MSc degree, you only need to do 1 yr ACS professional year program before you can be assessed. The 1yr is not counted towards skill migration point but only for assessment purpose. I will advise you to consider Regional area. If your degree is completed in Regional area, you will have 10points (Australian 2yrs MSc degree +Regional area) +10points from your MSc. The rest you have to look for it from age and English test.

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.