Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1044073 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:36pm On Mar 29, 2016
Marisley:
@NNBB2012

Kudos to you on how you take your time to answer all questions. I have been a silent reader on this forum but i really just had to commend you for the good work.

My husband just lodged his MSA to EA and awaiting his outcome.
Thanks. I'm just passionate about it. I really want to see alot of people given opportunities. Did your hubby do fast-track? If not, let him pay extra dollars for that instead of waiting for almost 16wks. He can get his assessment outcome within 1 wk.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
weyabblog:
i seems lost here, experience as how? getting appointed in a school down here or taking some private course.... just break it for me. thanks

Experience of a Mathematician:
Tasks Include:

defining, analysing and solving complex financial and business problems relating to areas such as insurance premiums, annuities, superannuation funds, pensions and dividends
examining financial projections for general insurance companies, finance companies, government and other organisations
designing new types of policies, assessing risks and analysing investments in life insurance, superannuation funds, health insurance, friendly societies, financial markets and other areas
formulating mathematical models to simulate processes
applying models to experimental observations, and adjusting and recasting the models
using numerical analysis methods to develop algorithms and perform computations
liaising with management and clients to determine the subject or area to be surveyed or examined
specifying the data to be collected, and the methodology to be used in collection and analysis
evaluating and describing the reliability and utility of source information
analysing and interpreting data, and producing relevant statistics to describe and infer particular trends and patterns.

Do you have at least 1yr experience in that area, fully supported with documentary evidence? As a matter of fact, if you apply as a Mathematician, your chance is very slim, you can only be nominated by a state-Victoria. It is hard. Your best bet is to go for 2 Yrs MSc in Teaching/Education in Australia. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 8:25am On Mar 30, 2016
anyone please how would i know if my medicals has been accessed by the DIBP or the body in charge my school resumes on the 6th of april and i have not heard anything getting a bit worried
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Marisley(f): 8:59am On Mar 30, 2016
NNBB2012:

Thanks. I'm just passionate about it. I really want to see alot of people given opportunities. Did your hubby do fast-track? If not, let him pay extra dollars for that instead of waiting for almost 16wks. He can get his assessment outcome within 1 wk.

Yes, he paid for fast track.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adim02: 9:00am On Mar 30, 2016
elawdafinest:
anyone please how would i know if my medicals has been accessed by the DIBP or the body in charge my school resumes on the 6th of april and i have not heard anything getting a bit worried

oga dont give your self BP ooooooo DIBP kowns that your resumption date 6th april.Your best bet is just to remind them of your resumption date through mail.if you have mail them before, better relax to avoid story. good luck
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 9:20am On Mar 30, 2016
okay sir thank you so much hehehe the thing tire me ni as i no hear from them ni but i got a mail from pretoria stating that they are waiting for my medical clearance from Global Health i believe all is well with God
adim02:

oga dont give your self BP ooooooo DIBP kowns that your resumption date 6th april.Your best bet is just to remind them of your resumption date through mail.if you have mail them before, better relax to avoid story. good luck
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kenb9: 9:51am On Mar 30, 2016
NNBB2012:

6yrs is needed because you presently have HND. You still need to earn the points though. However, with Australian accredited MSc degree, you only need to do 1 yr ACS professional year program before you can be assessed. The 1yr is not counted towards skill migration point but only for assessment purpose. I will advise you to consider Regional area. If your degree is completed in Regional area, you will have 10points (Australian 2yrs MSc degree +Regional area) +10points from your MSc. The rest you have to look for it from age and English test.

Thanks alot
@NNBB2012
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kunlenchy: 10:11am On Mar 30, 2016
Hello my guru in the house, what does a 62 mark in speaking translate to in PTE. Just got my result now R 71, W 75, S 62, L 67.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrsdee: 11:54am On Mar 30, 2016
kunlenchy:
Hello my guru in the house, what does a 62 mark in speaking translate to in PTE. Just got my result now R 71, W 75, S 62, L 67.

equivalent to 6.5 band in ielts
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Swimgood: 1:28pm On Mar 30, 2016
In Sydney now, monavale close to manly...pretty cool people in Australia...wow they just keep greeting you...am open to any questions tho am just here in Australia temporarily so my bosses NN, belong etc should be more helpful my strong point is just to ginger anyone who had suffered refusal to understand that u can still make it if u try again however u just need sincere and clean info...no mago mago works for DIBP...to those awaiting all the best to those packaging all the best...to those retrying all the best too...

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by baddooski: 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
lovetrust:

Thanks alot for your support @NNBB2012

if study option is the best as it stands now, how do one satisfy the 60 points for 189 or 190 visa after completion of the program? owing to the fact that a minimum of 6 years work experience is needed to be assessed by ACS

kindly explain this study route to PR .

I am grateful.
i saw ur mail.....
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
NNBB2012:

Tasks Include:

defining, analysing and solving complex financial and business problems relating to areas such as insurance premiums, annuities, superannuation funds, pensions and dividends
examining financial projections for general insurance companies, finance companies, government and other organisations
designing new types of policies, assessing risks and analysing investments in life insurance, superannuation funds, health insurance, friendly societies, financial markets and other areas
applying models to experimental observations, and adjusting and recasting the models
liaising with management and clients to determine the subject or area to be surveyed or examined
specifying the data to be collected, and the methodology to be used in collection and analysis
analysing and interpreting data, and producing relevant statistics to describe and infer particular trends and patterns.

Do you have at least 1yr experience in that area, fully supported with documentary evidence? As a matter of fact, if you apply as a Mathematician, your chance is very slim, you can only be nominated by a state-Victoria. It is hard. Your best bet is to go for 2 Yrs MSc in Teaching/Education in Australia. Good luck.
Well done sir. What a great job you're doing... I need your candid advice on pursuing MSc (Biotech) in Australia. I've sent you a PM. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
Any one in the field of Biotechnology? I need your help
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chebyshev(m): 5:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
NNBB2012:

You DON'T need employment letter since you are writing it based on your internship.

Thanks so much friend.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chebyshev(m): 5:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
NNBB2012:

You DON'T need employment letter since you are writing it based on your internship.

Thanks for the reply.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 6:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
elawdafinest:
When did you get the mail from Pretoria?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by weyabblog: 6:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
NNBB2012:

Tasks Include:

so there is no other way apart from through this msc? Can i apply through lower courses then seek for my PR once im there?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SUJYDEE(m): 6:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
@NNBB2012 and all other gurus in the house

I read from TRA FAQS that they don't need my English test results to carry out the skills and qualifications assessment.

I want to ask if I can use PTE results for the PR processing and do I really need to build account for the application. If yes like how much for family of 4.

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 6:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
My fellow E-family, it's been a long journey and today, I am finally ready to share my Success with the House.

As you all know, I applied to Study Nursing at the Australian Catholic University Melbourne Campus but was denied Visa by Pretoria September last year. With the Courage of the great ppl of this house, I didn't give up, I garthered myself and re-applied to Metro College of Technology for an Advanced Diploma of Disability in Brisbane.

After paying my fees, gotten my CoEs and applied for Visa to Pretoria in early November, I called Pretoria towards the Xmas break in December and I was told that my CoEs were Cancelled and my application will now be accessed as an AL3 application.

I was so confused (I used a registered Migration Agent and an Australian Legal Practitioner), I contacted my Lawyer and informed her, she tried calling Pretoria to no avail and then tried contacting the School, no one is answering, we waited till after the Xmas and contacted them again over and over, no response, I almost shit on my pants, my Lawyer then contacted CRISCOS and found out that Metro College has been de-registered(Closed Down) by the Australian Government. Luckily for me, we were able to get in Torch with the CEO whom then refunded my Money to a Trust Account in Australia.

In this case, we have to amend my application which is still at Pretoria, I then applied for a related program at Queensland International Institute (QII) and made the fee payments and sent a fresh application through my Agent/Lawyer to Pretoria, Early January, Pretoria didn't send any response when we kept contacting them, they will keep telling you 3months.

On the 22nd of February, I got an email from my Lawyer with a Refusal Notification from Pretoria, using the Metro CoEs to assess my application after series of emails and phone calls informing them about my new CoEs and application amendments, they still used the old CoEs which they all knew has been cancelled to assess the application (Negligence). My Lawyer hit back and hit hard pointing out a "Jurisdictional Error" to the CO, the case was moved to the Senior Regional Director of Immigration in Africa, she then sent us an email that they have sent my application to their Legal Opinions Department in Pretoria to have a review, that once the Legal Department gives their Opinion, a fresh assessment will be made on my application.

I say "wetin" so to enter Australia again na fight? Where ppl are getting grants here and there my own case is different, to some extent I even thought I was cursed.

I decided to try another route, I actually needed this Nursing, I asked my Cousin about life as a Student in the USA, he told me and also told me that USA rejects Visa like Virus, that it's a no go area, my wife advice me not to be discouraged and that I should try, my friend in Darwin (Australia) kept advising about USA and the good opportunities there, I decided to try.

I applied for Admission in BSN(Nursing) and I also applied to the Embassy with my Family for a B1/B2 Visa, to my greatest surprise, we were all granted. I applied for the Admission early March and last week Thursday, I got an Offer to Study Nursing at University of Central Oklahoma, USA. While I was planning how to attend another Student Visa interview, I contacted my new School and told them I intend to Visit them for 2weeks and return to Nigeria to apply for an F1 Visa. The Office advised me that no need, that if I have a valid Visitors Visa and have not enrolled in a School or take an Employment or breach the Visa by over staying and so on, that I am qualified to change my Status to an F1 Visa.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/students-and-exchange-visitors/students-and-employment/special-instructions-b-1b-2-visitors-who-want-enroll-school

So, I took and deep breath and said "well, that's it" my Fate is in USA. Life is all about persistent and never to give up. My program starts in August and I wan just enter the town go enjoy small for 2 weeks and come back, make I clear all the wahala wey Pretoria gimme since last year.

I will like to advice everyone here, whether you are a Visa applicant or seeking to Study or those already Abroad: you all should never give up in your Quest, God's time is always the best and the greatest, no one or any situation should make you feel regret, stand up to your challenges and set your sails, trust me, you will achieve results.

I dedicate my Special thanks to Almighty God. And I appreciate the Gurus in this House; Laminaira, Mrlinobrawn, Oga Bellong, NNBB, Lawland, Scrollmein, Pmiller, Aussy4me, our BossLadymo1, MPop. And everyone that has contributed to the building of this great thread, I will never forget our main Boss in this House (Oga Justwise) for his good works in keeping this thread alive, may God grant you all your heart desires and strengthen you more.

I urge all of us in this great forum to keep up the good works and never abandon any1 who needs help, we should not run from the house whether we get what we came here for or not, life is a circle and every1 has his/her SET TIME.

God bless you and God bless Nairaland.

24 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adim02: 9:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
erictack203:
My fellow E-family, it's been a long journey and today, I am finally ready to share my Success with the House.
As you all know, I applied to Study Nursing at the Australian Catholic University Melbourne Campus but was denied Visa by Pretoria September last year. With the Courage of the great ppl of this house, I didn't give up, I garthered myself and re-applied to Metro College of Technology for an Advanced Diploma of Disability in Brisbane.
After paying my fees, gotten my CoEs and applied for Visa to Pretoria in early November, I called Pretoria towards the Xmas break in December and I was told that my CoEs were Cancelled and my application will now be accessed as an AL3 application.
I was so confused (I used a registered Migration Agent and an Australian Legal Practitioner), I contacted my Lawyer and informed her, she tried calling Pretoria to no avail and then tried contacting the School, no one is answering, we waited till after the Xmas and contacted them again over and over, no response, I almost shit on my pants, my Lawyer then contacted CRISCOS and found out that Metro College has been de-registered(Closed Down) by the Australian Government. Luckily for me, we were able to get in Torch with the CEO whom then refunded my Money to a Trust Account in Australia.
In this case, we have to amend my application which is still at Pretoria, I then applied for a related program at Queensland International Institute (QII) and made the fee payments and sent a fresh application through my Agent/Lawyer to Pretoria, Early January, Pretoria didn't send any response when we kept contacting them, they will keep telling you 3months.
On the 22nd of February, I got an email from my Lawyer with a Refusal Notification from Pretoria, using the Metro CoEs to assess my application after series of emails and phone calls informing them about my new CoEs and application amendments, they still used the old CoEs which they all knew has been cancelled to assess the application (Negligence). My Lawyer hit back and hit hard pointing out a "Jurisdictional Error" to the CO, the case was moved to the Senior Regional Director of Immigration in Africa, she then sent us an email that they have sent my application to their Legal Opinions Department in Pretoria to have a review, that once the Legal Department gives their Opinion, a fresh assessment will be made on my application.
I say "wetin" so to enter Australia again na fight? Where ppl are getting grants here and there my own case is different, to some extent I even thought I was cursed.
I decided to try another route, I actually needed this Nursing, I asked my Cousin about life as a Student in the USA, he told me and also told me that USA rejects Visa like Virus, that it's a no go area, my wife advice me not to be discouraged and that I should try, my friend in Darwin (Australia) kept advising about USA and the good opportunities there, I decided to try.
I applied for Admission in BSN(Nursing) and I also applied to the Embassy with my Family for a B1/B2 Visa, to my greatest surprise, we were all granted. I applied for the Admission early March and last week Thursday, I got an Offer to Study Nursing at University of Central Oklahoma, USA. While I was planning how to attend another Student Visa interview, I contacted my new School and told them I intend to Visit them for 2weeks and return to Nigeria to apply for an F1 Visa. The Office advised me that no need, that if I have a valid Visitors Visa and have not enrolled in a School or take an Employment or breach the Visa by over staying and so on, that I am qualified to change my Status to an F1 Visa.
https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/students-and-exchange-visitors/students-and-employment/special-instructions-b-1b-2-visitors-who-want-enroll-school
So, I took and deep breath and said "well, that's it" my Fate is in USA. Life is all about persistent and never to give up. My program starts in August and I wan just enter the town go enjoy small for 2 weeks and come back, make I clear all the wahala wey Pretoria gimme since last year.
I will like to advice everyone here, whether you are a Visa applicant or seeking to Study or those already Abroad: you all should never give up in your Quest, God's time is always the best and the greatest, no one or any situation should make you feel regret, stand up to your challenges and set your sails, trust me, you will achieve results.
I dedicate my Special thanks to Almighty God. And I appreciate the Gurus in this House; Laminaira, Mrlinobrawn, Oga Bellong, NNBB, Lawland, Scrollmein, Pmiller, Aussy4me, our BossLadymo1, MPop. And everyone that has contributed to the building of this great thread, I will never forget our main Boss in this House (Oga Justwise) for his good works in keeping this thread alive, may God grant you all your heart desires and strengthen you more.
I urge all of us in this great forum to keep up the good works and never abandon any1 who needs help, we should not run from the house whether we get what we came here for or not, life is a circle and every1 has his/her SET TIME.

congract man

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 9:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
erictack203:

Happy for you, a big congratulations your persistence has seen u through! Welldone

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lovetrust(m): 10:32pm On Mar 30, 2016
@NNBB2012

For PR:
KINDLY HELP ME WITH THE LIST OF COURSES THAT DOES NOT
REQUIRE A WORK EXPERIENCE AFTER GRADUATION FOR ASSESSMENT.

Thanks IN all
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 10:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
I think I'll butt in here...go through his posts,he listed the ones he knows a while back. smiley
lovetrust:
@NNBB2012

For PR:
KINDLY HELP ME WITH THE LIST OF COURSES THAT DOES NOT
REQUIRE A WORK EXPERIENCE AFTER GRADUATION FOR ASSESSMENT.

Thanks IN all
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by enabs20: 10:56pm On Mar 30, 2016
Thank you for sharing your experience, your story is really encouraging, Lord knows many of us have to overcome so many challenges to get through this process. All the best in USofA. God bless you and yours. Congrats

erictack203:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 10:57pm On Mar 30, 2016
Eritack203,

Congratulations... The good thing is after your studies, you can easily migrate to Australia to practise as a nurse.

Lovetrust,

I believe that is what you can do yourself. Go to www.skillselect.gov.au and read detailed information about PR.
From there, you can get the SOL and CSOL list which are used for visa 189, 190 and 489.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 10:57pm On Mar 30, 2016
Congrats erictack203
This just shows that man plans n God laughs cos he already has a better plan for ur life...I'm so happy for u n ur family.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iceberg54: 11:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
johnsontade:

Thanks bro, all i used to prepare was the Macmillian PTE test builder i got from someone on expatforum's PTE thread in addition to the Test simulation i got from scrollmeout. Can share them with you via dropbox.

Bro, pls i need the PTE materials asap.
Dropbox id is ogunsolaolu@gmail.com

Anyone with the material can also help.

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 40manlappy: 11:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
NNBB2012:

I will advise that both of you should proceed with assessment. That is where to start from and later you will check to know who between you will have more points. The better your points the better for you. Whatever you need to do, do it now before July 1 because anything can happen after that day. That's the beginning of Australian new financial year. They make changes yearly and there is nothing one can do about it.

@NNBB2012 Many thanks for your selfless service. May God grant you the desires of your heart.

My wife's occupation is Accountant (General) having ANZSCO code of 221111.

Going through the websites of the 3 assessing authorities for her occupation (CPA/CA/IPA), CPA and IPA explicitly requested for IELTS Academic while CA (Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand) only stated IELTS as one of the acceptable English language tests and provided a link to the Australian immigration website.

Interestingly, the website too did not "qualify" the IELTS test as either Academic or General. What do you think about this?

http://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/aelt

Looping: bellong, scrollmeout, lawland, other gurus
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 11:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ericktac203, since you shared your news with me , my family and I have never ceased thanking God for you. You spoke wisely, good things come to those who work for it. If you don't, you probably won't appreciate it. I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 40manlappy: 11:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
Congratulations @erictack203

Your story is indeed an inspiration. Remain blessed smiley
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
erictack203:

Congrats man. God knows the best for you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
Jumybecks:

Well done sir. What a great job you're doing... I need your candid advice on pursuing MSc (Biotech) in Australia. I've sent you a PM. Thanks
What is your first degree on?

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.