Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1050096 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sammybbb: 8:55am On Apr 14, 2016
Hello House..pls I need to know if this our Temporary Drivers license is acceptable in Australia..As it takes 3 months to get the permanent e-licence ..because I need to lodge for visa latest next weekend ?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 9:39am On Apr 14, 2016
Sammybbb:
Hello House..pls I need to know if this our Temporary Drivers license is acceptable in Australia..As it takes 3 months to get the permanent e-licence ..because I need to lodge for visa latest next weekend ?

As long as it has not expired, once it gets pass it's expiry date, it becomes invalid.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 9:58am On Apr 14, 2016
abekeade1:
Hello my E-people, pls can one take indomie, goldernmore, dry pomo and the Red big crayfish, I dnt know if all these things are allowed. Is for my little boy. Also will they allow some cooked jollof rice to be carried in the plane? Is going to be a 2days jounery and my boy is a pick-food habit type. I am just worried.

Lastly, I want to talk all his drugs along, will doctors prescription okay to show at d checking point?

I was told one has to declare all they have at d point of entry.

Pls house come to my rescue, lawland, Bellong, NNBB.., scrollmeout, pop.. and all
I will appreciate ur reply.
You don't need to bring Noodles cos you can easily get them here and that includes indomie. As for Crayfish and pomo, I have seen people fail and have seen other successfully cross with it, it all boils down to packaging. Make sure you declare it, they can only take it away if they don't accept it.
Your last question is at the airline discretion.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abekeade1: 10:36am On Apr 14, 2016
@Lawland thank u sir god bless u. I noticed u are always there to answer questions even when u ve a tit schedule. This goes to Bellong, jorgan, NNBB.., ericta..,scrollmeout, jonhsontade and many more, may God continue to guide and guard u and make u find d right path just has u are doing to people here. BRAVO! To u all sirs and mas.

God bless this house.

5 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 14, 2016
Hi Room, Happy for everyone's success. I have read with keen interest since 5days now from the first page to here as I am keen on moving to Australia. I have visited the sites and I want to seek advice. I want to apply for PR and I am a graduate of Agricultural/Homec Education. I graduated 2013 and started working at a farm here in asaba on January 2015. I have no Msc. Should I go ahead and submit an EOI? Secondly, a friend initially advised me to come and study a course from Cert 1 or 2 and then apply for other certs (cert 3, 4 or 5) at the expiration of each cert. He said I can go on like this till diploma, bachelors and then masters. What is your advice please. Don't be angry at my questions but I really need help. Thanks cc Bosslady, adim02, bellong, jorgan, NNBB.., ericta..,scrollmeout, jonhsontade hordunayordt, lawland and other kind Nigerians with the relevant knowledge should please help me out.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abekeade1: 10:41am On Apr 14, 2016
@lawland, pls how does one declare all things, is it that u get a paper and list all these things or u start telling them what u have in ur bag at d point of enter when u are asked. I can't understand the word DECLARE .shocked
Pls explain better sir.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hordunayodt: 10:45am On Apr 14, 2016
ebukasoso:
Hi Room, Happy for everyone's success. I have read with keen interest since 5days now from the first page to here as I am keen on moving to Australia. I have visited the sites and I want to seek advice. I want to apply for PR and I am a graduate of Agricultural/Homec Education. I graduated 2013 and started working at a farm here in asaba on January 2015. I have no Msc. Should I go ahead and submit an EOI? Secondly, a friend initially advised me to come and study a course from Cert 1 or 2 and then apply for other certs (cert 3, 4 or 5) at the expiration of each cert. He said I can go on like this till diploma, bachelors and then masters. What is your advice please. Don't be angry at my questions but I really need help. Thanks cc Bosslady, adim02, bellong, jorgan, NNBB.., ericta..,scrollmeout, jonhsontade hordunayordt, lawland and other kind Nigerians with the relevant knowledge should please help me out.

As per the course you did, you can check the sol and csol list and find any of the occupations that closely fit your course and job experience, get the assessing body for suck occupation and read their requirements. As per certification, I'm not sure the gurus can answer that.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bayoshenko(m): 10:51am On Apr 14, 2016
Please go to youtube.com and type in Australia Border Security(Nothing to Declare). If you watch one episode, you will understand better. Have a great daysmiley
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abekeade1: 10:55am On Apr 14, 2016
@matand pls is ur visa on student or PR? I read on this forum that IOM don't accept student visa again?

Pls which one is urs sis.?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Teejah80: 12:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
Good morning my fellow e-Naija,have been a silent reader on this thread 4 quite a long time,am planning to migrate to Aussie wit me and my family, have sent all my document to vettasses for assessment,quite expensive wit d dollar hike,please,all d oga in the house and d professional, pls how long does it takes to get a final reply, cos what is still showing on my form is application in progress.secondly, i intend to apply for a M.Sc.My questions is Like how. Much do I needs to have in. My account and will I needs to present d account statement to apply for visa?executable,NNBB, kindly comments.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aceBlazer: 12:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
bellong:

As long as it has not expired, once it gets pass it's expiry date, it becomes invalid.

Pls Bellong... What exactly is the importance of a valid naija drivers license in Australia? Mine is expired and I care less about renewal but if it's gonna be useful in Aussie then I'd better renewed it as I still have some time to do that...
Your usual candid response will be most appreciated Sir... Cheers
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Blitzenkreig66: 12:46pm On Apr 14, 2016
Hi Guys,
So am to leave for Aus in a few weeks. Please i wanna know which of these items I will be allowed into Aus with and which i have to declare.

- Garri
- Dried Fish
- Indomie
- Peppersoup spices
- Grounded crayfish
- Funbact A
- Antibiotics
- Antimalarial medicine
- Panadol
- Semo

All in ziplock bags.

Pls help
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
aceBlazer:

Pls Bellong... What exactly is the importance of a valid naija drivers license in Australia? Mine is expired and I care less about renewal but if it's gonna be useful in Aussie then I'd better renewed it as I still have some time to do that...
Your usual candid response will be most appreciated Sir... Cheers

If you are not on a permanent resident visa, it entitled you to drive legally as long as it is valid. Once it expires, that right ceases.
If you are a permanent resident, it allows you to change your license to the full State license you reside after taking some tests without being on learner and Probational driver's license.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 1:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
Its best u go to vetassess website n verify the duration. this means ur applying for PR so I dont see the need to apply for MSC from here n be worrying about a student visa n all that. when u get there u will sort that one out. hope this helps.
Teejah80:
Good morning my fellow e-Naija,have been a silent reader on this thread 4 quite a long time,am planning to migrate to Aussie wit me and my family, have sent all my document to vettasses for assessment,quite expensive wit d dollar hike,please,all d oga in the house and d professional, pls how long does it takes to get a final reply, cos what is still showing on my form is application in progress.secondly, i intend to apply for a M.Sc.My questions is Like how. Much do I needs to have in. My account and will I needs to present d account statement to apply for visa?executable,NNBB, kindly comments.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sammybbb: 1:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
bellong:

TNX bellong
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 4:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
God bless you too bro.

abekeade1:
@Lawland thank u sir god bless u. I noticed u are always there to answer questions even when u ve a tit schedule. This goes to Bellong, jorgan, NNBB.., ericta..,scrollmeout, jonhsontade and many more, may God continue to guide and guard u and make u find d right path just has u are doing to people here. BRAVO! To u all sirs and mas.

God bless this house.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 4:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
You're welcome!

ENGRJCJ:
Thanks Bro

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 4:08pm On Apr 14, 2016
You're welcome bro!

[quote author=adim02 post=44679589][/quote]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 4:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
scrollmeout:

IOM australia is not quick to respond all the time. Lagos responded to my initial request within one working day. In any case IOM australia will still contact the lagos office when you have to pay for your tickets
IOMAustralia@iom.int
Bro, these guys are not replying my mails o
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 4:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
bellong:

I thought what he needs is international driver's license not this e-Licence we use here.. I stand to be corrected though
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abekeade1: 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
Yes what he needs an international driver license, that was what I was told also. The local driver license is just for identification since u won't be carrying ur international passport around.

@Ericta.. is sis tongue not bro o. Abekeade1 is a beautiful lady grin not a man tongue

@matand I am still waiting for ur reply sis.

And pls house, someone should answer this for, can a student book flight ticket under IOM, read on this forum sometimes ago that they don't deal with students again only PR.
I want to know if I can book under them, though I see Etihad for 357+ for myself and one kid sha. Anyone looking to book should always try weekend starting from Friday night to Sunday night, flight is always cheap them most especially ETIHAD.

May God favour and guide our path, Amen.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 8:20pm On Apr 14, 2016
ENGRJCJ:

Bro, these guys are not replying my mails o
It depends on which mail you are referring to?
Did IOM Nigeria send you a form? After your inquiry mail, they send you a Case Detail Form to fill your details, your class of visa, and attach documents as earlier stated. After that, they acknowledge receipt and inform you that it takes as long as 2 WEEKS to send you a quote.

@abekeade1, I suspect the reason IOM suspended concessions to students at the time was because of limited slots during the peak period in January and February when Australian schools resume. I suggest you make enquiries now that demand has declined slightly.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 8:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
Teejah80:
If your school is under svp u don't need statement of Account but some schools demand SOA b4 giving an offer like THE UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE NSW and you like 5 to 6 million in ur acct
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2016
ENGRJCJ:

I thought what he needs is international driver's license not this e-Licence we use here.. I stand to be corrected though

Your country license is more valid than international license because it is believed it has gone through the scrutiny of the country's road rules and regulations.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 8:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
scrollmeout:
It depends on which mail you are referring to?
Did IOM Nigeria send you a form? After your inquiry mail, they send you a Case Detail Form to fill your details, your class of visa, and attach documents as earlier stated. After that, they acknowledge receipt and inform you that it takes as long as 2 WEEKS to send you a quote.

@abekeade1, I suspect the reason IOM suspended concessions to students at the time was because of limited slots during the peak period in January and February when Australian schools resume. I suggest you make enquiries now that demand has declined slightly.
Thanks Bro but none of them has sent me any form.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 9:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
bellong:

Your country license is more valid than international license because it is believed it has gone through the scrutiny of the country's road rules and regulations.
OK Bro.. So e-Licence is what u use there abi? So it's better I get this e-Licence we use here rather than this international one I'm processing
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 9:40pm On Apr 14, 2016
Solitin40:

YES
Try inboxing me again.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 9:51pm On Apr 14, 2016
ENGRJCJ:

Get yourself a valid license. If your are coming here as a student, you wont be required to convert to an Aus license even if you plan staying for 10years. But if you really need to convert, it can only be done after you have stayed for 6months hence, you will be issued a Q-Class licence. As a PR you are required to convert after 3months of arrival, some fees apply thou.
Thou its best advised to convert as most jobs ask for drivers license and your naija license can be a hindrance to securing a job.
Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 9:52pm On Apr 14, 2016
ENGRJCJ:
OK Bro.. So e-Licence is what u use there abi? So it's better I get this e-Licence we use here rather than this international one I'm processing

Nigerian driver's license is valid as long as it has not expired. Once it expires, it becomes invalid.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 9:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
Blitzenkreig66:
Hi Guys,
So am to leave for Aus in a few weeks. Please i wanna know which of these items I will be allowed into Aus with and which i have to declare.

- Garri
- Dried Fish
- Indomie
- Peppersoup spices
- Grounded crayfish
- Funbact A
- Antibiotics
- Antimalarial medicine
- Panadol
- Semo

All in ziplock bags.

Pls help

Declare everything to be on a safe side. You will only be asked by custome what you have or you may be lucky to go in without any questioning. Most times the scanning machine picks some of those unwanted items.
If you fail to declare, its a $250 plus fine.
Nb) No forget ur blended egusi as the price here equals that of gold plus na Ghana egusi most of dem dey sell here.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abekeade1: 10:05pm On Apr 14, 2016
@ Bellong, my own driver license will expire by October, 2016 and I will enter Australia by may. Can I still use it if need be b4 October? And can I still get international driver license also or I shouldn't bother mysef?

Pls advise more on this sir.

Tnx

@Engrjcj try mail (oabikoye@iom.int) or
call 08167548994. She respond fast. I mailed IOM nigeria and Australia yesterday around 18:42 and she responded this morning 7:45am. She will send u a form you will fill and other supporting document and will advise u to wait 2weeks.
Also, try wakanow.com on Friday night or Saturday thru Sunday, u will get a very cheap flight on etihad, u can go to the airport on Saturday they will be there from6:30am to 3pm, u can go with ur cash, ur flight will be booked immediately.

I hope this should help.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.