Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,745 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1044401 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sexybaykay: 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
nellyalph:
I have a friend who arrived Melbourne today...cold wan kill am!
Abeg carry (wear) your winter clothing's, no wear spaghetti hand ooo. I am sure he will never forget his first day experience in a hurry!

My 2 cents tho!
what is the two cents for?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olenime(m): 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
Hi all, I intend to apply to uni of adelaide for Masters program, any advice on this schl?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2016
PuyolOkoye:

Definitely not for admission.

Thanks@ PuyolOkoye and Toche1 but really is an English test COMPULSORY as far as DIBP is concerned when submitting my visa application?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
I seem to be loving this Australia runs ooo. Think I'll settle for Aussie.

Please @ all: I might flood this thread with questions soon. Just forgive me in advance

kemiqueen:
My success story : fast forward, single OSCH was stated in my offer letter instead of dual, never knew until I was about to pay my fee, after several calls n mails to d schl, d error ws corrected and fee to pay increased...filled Form A at 2 different banks same time one at $10k and d other 7k plus, coz I was told if I fill $17k at a time it might not go tru...long story short,got mail frm schl dat my fee is short of AUD800 probably due to exchange rate calctns....eventually, all payment went tru n COE was sent, only for me to open d mail n found out it was a wrong COE, sent mail n made several calls...later got d original COE on 21st June, dat same day,lodged my application at TLS lagos, application got to pretoria on 24th June and grant arrived dis morning 1st July (6 working days)... All thanks to God, hubby n PFL Victoria Island
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by TempusQ(m): 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2016
Thanks bro, see you soon, yours is on the way.
freshestfrank:

n!!!

congrats man our own turn go soon reach... also processing my visa for Rmit...hope to see u there contact me: 07032551176
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bambizzle4k4556: 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2016
FutureDon:

Replied.
Boss kindly check again
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PuyolOkoye: 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
SegunWamiri:

Thanks@ PuyolOkoye and Toche1 but really is an English test COMPULSORY as far as DIBP is concerned when submitting my visa application?

Yes! I was supposed to submit my application on the 1st of June but my IELTS of which I scored 8 expired 2 weeks earlier. I had to take PTE (Because it is faster) before I eventually submitted my application.

While filing your form, YOU WILL BE ASKED IF YOU HAVE TAKEN AN ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TEST WITHIN THE PAST 24 MONTHS. So, include it in your plans! Good luck.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
PuyolOkoye:

Yes! I was supposed to submit my application on the 1st of June but my IELTS of which I scored 8 expired 2 weeks earlier. I had to take PTE (Because it is faster) before I eventually submitted my application.

While filing your form, YOU WILL BE ASKED IF YOU HAVE TAKEN AN ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TEST WITHIN THE PAST 24 MONTHS. So, include it in your plans! Good luck.

Ok. Thanks for the information but I have also seen a post with someone who got his without English test. Probably one of the fortunate ones.

@ALL: What's the probability of getting approval without the test?

Cheers
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 6:32pm On Jul 05, 2016
olenime:
Hi all, I intend to apply to uni of adelaide for Masters program, any advice on this schl?

If you will want a part time job in a hurry, find another state for your program.

Adelaide is a very good university but to get a student job may not come easy. You could be lucky though.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyalph: 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
SegunWamiri:

Ok. Thanks for the information but I have also seen a post with someone who got his without English test. Probably one of the fortunate ones.

@ALL: What's the probability of getting approval without the test?

Cheers

Why not just take the test to be on a safer side and also have peace of mind.. You don't know what the person's situation was.
No go follow person enter frying.

Eventually you want to process your PR, you will still need it

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
Lolz abi @ enter frying. Thanks

However, since it's valid for two years, I'll still have to write again when processing PR, Isn't it?

nellyalph:

Why not just take the test to be on a safer side and also have peace of mind.. You don't know what the person's situation was.
No go follow person enter frying.

Eventually you want to process your PR, you will still need it
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyalph: 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2016
SegunWamiri:
Lolz abi @ enter frying. Thanks

However, since it's valid for two years, I'll still have to write again when processing PR, Isn't it?

I know someone that got his PR within one year!!
When you enter Australia, that should be your dream!

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 9:43pm On Jul 05, 2016
nellyalph:

I know someone that got his PR within one year!!
When you enter Australia, that should be your dream!

Ok cool

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olenime(m): 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
bellong:

Thnks broe, I saw d juicy part of full tuition and stipends scholarship, that the reason I wanna apply, u got any school in another State with such offer too?

If you will want a part time job in a hurry, find another state for your program.

Adelaide is a very good university but to get a student job may not come easy. You could be lucky though.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olenime(m): 10:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
A newbie here guys, what is PR?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by rudyislife: 11:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
TempusQ:
All glory belongs to God... Halleluyah
"In every situation, there is a purpose", also "In every decision, there is a consequence(+/-)"
Teleperformance (Lagos) = 20th June Got to Pretoria = 22nd June Visa Grant = 4th July (In the morning)
SVP Subclass 573 No SOA nor English Test. Going for Masters in RMIT University (City Campus)
God will surely do it for the rest of the hopefuls as he did for me... Amen!!!
please when you did apply to RMIT did you pay an application fee

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by rudyislife: 11:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
TempusQ:
All glory belongs to God... Halleluyah
"In every situation, there is a purpose", also "In every decision, there is a consequence(+/-)"
Teleperformance (Lagos) = 20th June Got to Pretoria = 22nd June Visa Grant = 4th July (In the morning)
SVP Subclass 573 No SOA nor English Test. Going for Masters in RMIT University (City Campus)
God will surely do it for the rest of the hopefuls as he did for me... Amen!!!
please when you applied to RMIT did you pay an application fee?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by POTUSUK: 11:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
FutureDon, Jorgan, belliong and co, Pls answer my questions biko

POTUSUK:
Great people of the house... I greet you all

Please, I am lodging my visa online and they are asking for an evidence of Genuine Temporary Entrant Requirement as a supporting document?. I have read about it but I am not so sure I understand what it means. Is it a letter I would have to get from my school? or i'd just attach some random files showing financial capacity, English language etc.

2. Then again, I am also to write a letter statement for GTE (2000 characters) - is it the same as a statement of purpose?

3. Since I haven't secured accommodation yet, while filling the visa form, is it ideal to leave it blank?

4. I read somewhere about police report. I'm I to get one?

5. Talking about CVs, Is there a particular format for CV I should use? I read somewhere on the thread that there is an Australian format of writing CVs.

Muchas Gracias.... as I await your response.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Egbabiekperemo: 11:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
olenime:
A newbie here guys, what is PR?

Improve your reading skills

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jasmine1147: 12:29am On Jul 06, 2016
bellong:

So True
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by POTUSUK: 12:57am On Jul 06, 2016
POTUSUK:
Great people of the house... I greet you all

Please, I am lodging my visa online and they are asking for an evidence of Genuine Temporary Entrant Requirement as a supporting document?. I have read about it but I am not so sure I understand what it means. Is it a letter I would have to get from my school? or i'd just attach some random files showing financial capacity, English language etc.

2. Then again, I am also to write a letter statement for GTE (2000 characters) - is it the same as a statement of purpose?

3. Since I haven't secured accommodation yet, while filling the visa form, is it ideal to leave it blank?

4. I read somewhere about police report. I'm I to get one?

5. Talking about CVs, Is there a particular format for CV I should use? I read somewhere on the thread that there is an Australian format of writing CVs.

Muchas Gracias.... as I await your response.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaffejoffer: 5:28am On Jul 06, 2016
Any one in Flinders University?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossmiga: 8:08am On Jul 06, 2016
Hello everyone, I applied for masters at the University of Wollongong Australia and am yet to get my visa grant to commence studies this July.

Please how is the area? Are there Nigerians living there? What about accommodation availability? Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 10:18am On Jul 06, 2016
elawdafinest:
Hi chi50 where in melbourne are you
northern suburbs
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Professor554: 10:28am On Jul 06, 2016
kemiqueen:
My success story : fast forward, single OSCH was stated in my offer letter instead of dual, never knew until I was about to pay my fee, after several calls n mails to d schl, d error ws corrected and fee to pay increased...filled Form A at 2 different banks same time one at $10k and d other 7k plus, coz I was told if I fill $17k at a time it might not go tru...long story short,got mail frm schl dat my fee is short of AUD800 probably due to exchange rate calctns....eventually, all payment went tru n COE was sent, only for me to open d mail n found out it was a wrong COE, sent mail n made several calls...later got d original COE on 21st June, dat same day,lodged my application at TLS lagos, application got to pretoria on 24th June and grant arrived dis morning 1st July (6 working days)... All thanks to God, hubby n PFL Victoria Island

Congratulations on your success. Please how long did it take for the bank to issue you a telex copy of your transaction and which bank(s) was that?.

Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 10:40am On Jul 06, 2016
Mzurch:
Must I ground ma Egusi and Ogbono?

Blend it or lose it. If possible purchase a commercial well packaged ones. And make sure you declare on your passenger card or risk getting a fine.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
Potusuk,

1. Bank statement, land documents, employment offer.. anything to show you are returning to your country after studies.

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. I don't know about temporary visa if you need one but for Permanent visa, you must get one.

5. No big deal in the format

Personal details: name, phone no, address, email (don't put age, gender or any discriminatory identifier)

. Employment history: from recent to last.

Academic qualifications:
Other qualification

Referees

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by badenugba: 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
PuyolOkoye:

Hello , after several consideration I think I will prefer the PTE to IELTS, how can I get study materials for he PTE and what can u say about PTE and IELTS coz u have both experience.
Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by udz: 2:55pm On Jul 06, 2016
I am moved to declare. Everyone still expecting visa grant for mid year intake 2016 will receive his/her grant before 15th July. Amen.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Jesusgang(m): 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2016
udz:
I am moved to declare. Everyone still expecting visa grant for mid year intake 2016 will receive his/her grant before 15th July. Amen.

Amen!!!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 3:39pm On Jul 06, 2016
udz:

Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.