Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1049544 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 3:45am On Jul 08, 2016
Solitin40:

Sir are you a student

Student when i need promotion at work.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 3:48am On Jul 08, 2016
lucky032:

Thank u bro!What is the difference btw TAFE and university

Tafe is similar to Technical colleges in 9ja (mostly hands on). You earn yourself a diploma degree at the end of your studies which doesn't exceed two 2 years. I assume you know about university.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by timotiks: 5:21am On Jul 08, 2016
Hello Bambizzle, CONGRATULATIONS
Did you contact your case officer through out your waiting period?
Like to ask the status of application.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by timotiks: 5:23am On Jul 08, 2016
Bambizzle4k4556:
Yahhh.
So I got my grant today.
And its 574 bby grin grin angry
Submitted on may 27th, my agent mistakenly applied for.573....but my case officer told me, my course is a research course so it will be 574.
So we spoke about it, me n my case officer and she said she will process it....so I guess dats y it took tym. Anyways d sh-t is out....am nt rilly in a hurry to travel...doh my school lectures start on 11th....but iwill need tym to prepare....lol. Am used to coming late sha....so Geelong it is bby.
ThankGod!!!..... d wait was hellaa crazy.....but yea yea....sure.joy.comes in d morning.
Wish u all waiting for urs all d best.
Ehhe.....i need international drivers license cuz I lost my drivers license, how do I go about it?? And plz any oda thing or advice from u'all will b appreciated.
Peace to yu all my brothers!!!
Nigeria will be great someday....but.for d meantime, a niggur gotta find his locus!!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 08, 2016
Please anyone from Lagos coming to Brisbane or gold coast should this month or next should pm me. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lucky032(m): 8:14am On Jul 08, 2016
WestAfrican:

Tafe is similar to Technical colleges in 9ja (mostly hands on). You earn yourself a diploma degree at the end of your studies which doesn't exceed two 2 years. I assume you know about university.

Thank you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bhanjjie: 8:20am On Jul 08, 2016
Does the new SSVP rule now require students to submit bank statements as part of docs for visa application?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bambizzle4k4556: 9:33am On Jul 08, 2016
timotiks:
Twice
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 08, 2016
bhanjjie:
Does the new SSVP rule now require students to submit bank statements as part of docs for visa application?

Yes u are required to submit a soA while applying. This was with effect from 1st July 2016

But am unsure of the expected sitting balance.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PuyolOkoye: 10:36am On Jul 08, 2016
Bambizzle4k4556:

Twice

Please hiw did you make the contact? It's urgent please.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 08, 2016
Good day everyone.

Following the introduction of ssvp which instructs that prospective students are to submit statement of Account with close to 10 million naira.

This news is giving me great concern as my uncle is my sponsor and his current account balance holds only 4.5m after paying my tuition fees.

I do not know why this is coming this soon. All this was as a delay from the bank and cbn which delayed my tuition deposit.

dont know if i should take the risk to apply or opt for 189. Dont know if my course is included.

First degree- B.sc marketing with 3 years experience in MTN CALL CENTRE as anonline customer care representative.

This is making me lean. God help me.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by giftbush(m): 11:23am On Jul 08, 2016
House thanks your contribution , pls I will like to be put through on how to apply for 189. I'm a medical laboratory scientist with years of experience. Through out this forum, I haven't seen where you guys talked about medical personnel or is their no chance of finding a job out there. Thanks all
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
Stanleyelege:
Good day everyone.

Following the introduction of ssvp which instructs that prospective students are to submit statement of Account with close to 10 million naira.

This news is giving me great concern as my uncle is my sponsor and his current account balance holds only 4.5m after paying my tuition fees.

I do not know why this is coming this soon. All this was as a delay from the bank and cbn which delayed my tuition deposit.

dont know if i should take the risk to apply or opt for 189. Dont know if my course is included.

First degree- B.sc marketing with 3 years experience in MTN CALL CENTRE as anonline customer care representative.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/500-

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Observant: 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
Stanleyelege:
Good day everyone.

Bro i have the same exact questions, The first question you should ask is if you uncle is eligible to sponsor you on the new ssvf.
Its says an applicant should present a statement of account or fixed deposit showing funds for 12 months living expenses and tuition.

They also said applicant can present that of a sponsor who is a spouse or applicants parents. There was no mention of siblings or distance relatives.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bambizzle4k4556: 2:52pm On Jul 08, 2016
PuyolOkoye:

Please hiw did you make the contact? It's urgent please.

Sorry bro. Saw dix now.
I did thru emails

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STAugustineOf13(m): 8:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
Stanleyelege:

Thanks Solitin.

Pls house kindly join me in analyzing this information.

I am of the opinion that the new ssvp isnt requesting for bank satement as evidence of fund but tax receipt. The last paragraph explains.

Annual income option
The annual income option requires a student to provide evidence of personal annual income of at least AUD 60,000. For students accompanied by family members, the requirement is at least AUD 70,000.

The income demonstrated must be the personal income of your spouse (who is not coming with you) or parents. Where both of your parents are working, their combined income can be considered for this requirement.

Evidence must be in the form of official government documents such as tax assessments. Evidence in the form of bank statements or information directly from an employer is not acceptable

When you hear about boxing Nigerians into a corner, this is what it means.
I believe with time, people close to them will inform them that not everybody in this country pays TAX.
Becox the ones we've been paying, we are not receiving the benefits.

One can still try his Luck, for wherever there is a blockage, there must be a way.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Observant: 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
You must provide either:

Sufficient funds to cover your travel costs and 12 months of living and tuition fees for you and your accompanying family members and school costs for any school aged dependents

or

evidence that your spouse or parents are willing to support you and they have an annual income of at least AUD 60,000 for single students or at least AUD 70,000 for students that are accompanied by family members.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Observant: 9:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
STAugustineOf13:

When you hear about boxing Nigerians into a corner, this is what it means.
I believe with time, people close to them will inform them that not everybody in this country pays TAX.
Becox the ones we've been paying, we are not receiving the benefits.

One can still try his Luck, for wherever there is a blockage, there must be a way.

A lot of peoples Taxes get deducted even before they get paid their salaries, i not sure how such people go about getting a tax clearance.
i don't see this policy lasting for long.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erunzy(m): 9:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
I'd like to know the cost for application of the visa and also if I can use the bank statement of a friend who stays at Australia. pls anyone can help answer
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 9:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
Observant:
You must provide either:

Sufficient funds to cover your travel costs and 12 months of living and tuition fees for you and your accompanying family members and school costs for any school aged dependents

or

evidence that your spouse or parents are willing to support you and they have an annual income of at least AUD 60,000 for single students or at least AUD 70,000 for students that are accompanied by family members.
What of student that is just 18 years old my mom is the other that pay direct tax because she works with the federal government but dad that is the main sponsor doesn't pay tax this new July 1 law is a big WAHALA O embarassed undecided cry
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 9:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
erunzy:
I'd like to know the cost for application of the visa and also if I can use the bank statement of a friend who stays at Australia. pls anyone can help answer
Go to border.gov.au
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ayobamiakinrind(m): 9:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
Solitin40:

What of student that is just 18 years old my mom is the other that pay direct tax because she works with the federal government but dad that is the main sponsor doesn't pay tax this new July 1 law is a big WAHALA O embarassed undecided cry
I think that the first option is easier, esp when you have a contact who's working full-time in Aussie
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ukchy: 1:09am On Jul 09, 2016
Soŕry i didnt get your mail

Send it again

ayobamiakinrind:

Thanks so much for your encouraging words. I'm glad that you're into what I am about to start. please, I've sent you a mail, kindly reply it, I want to extensively inquire from you. Thanks compatriot.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by owenklay: 5:20am On Jul 09, 2016
Hey,

Hope you are enjoying the 'trekking'? Lol!

jorgan:
@owenklay ... I don't think I can afford a car, need to save up for pr application, a process I hope to start at the end of my first trimester...I will trek grin , find a way to manage myself
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by onyemamuoc(m): 6:49am On Jul 09, 2016
Richardakpa:

Thanks... Please can you help me with his contact. God bless you
I can refer you to pfl too but if you already have a contact...cool.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by timotiks: 8:20am On Jul 09, 2016
Thanks for responding,
Guess I may need to send another mail. Cos I did contact them once and my c/o responded that she's aware of my resumption date 25th.
However since then, nothing (LONG TIME NOW More than yours).

What do you think, should i send another mail? What reason could I give as to why I am asking for status again after c/o had said she's aware of resumption date.

Cos Flight prices are getting pretty high.

Bambizzle4k4556:

Twice
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 9:31am On Jul 09, 2016
That course should be on the SOL list coz my friend over here just got his permanent residency this year after applying with that course just to give you a plan B OK.......

giftbush:
House thanks your contribution , pls I will like to be put through on how to apply for 189. I'm a medical laboratory scientist with years of experience. Through out this forum, I haven't seen where you guys talked about medical personnel or is their no chance of finding a job out there. Thanks all

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.