Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,991 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1047969 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 4:08am On Jun 18, 2015
[quote author=pingpong15 post=34875073][/quote]

489 is provisional...means you have 2 stay 2 yrs in a regional area, and work for a year...before you fully transition to PR. You can't get any financial job with it though, you also can't get permanent govt jobs. No medicare and centrelink also.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dexterinc2003: 6:56am On Jun 18, 2015
@mr nilobrown....just replied you.cheers mate.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adesunloye11(m): 7:14am On Jun 18, 2015
hello house i need your candid advise pls i will love to go tru the PR route. here is the break down of my discipline confuse on d nomination to put in for. B.A hons philosophy PGD pubic admin. msc still in progress 3year exprience admin. office with FG. thanks. age 26.. pls house help me out
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 9:30am On Jun 18, 2015
pls house come to my aid on this issue.
Schools A : cert iv in disability (39weeks)+ diploma in disability (70weeks) + adv.diploma in disability (66weeks) altogether making it 3.5 yrs for d whole course
Note certificate course is a prerequisite to diploma n diploma is prerequisite to adv. dip to qualify for SVP
School B: diploma of early childhood education care (78weeks) + adv.diploma in community sector management(26weeks) altogether 2yrs ..SVP too.
payment for d tuition for both is almost d same except that d oshc of school A will be much more than B cos of duration of study...school A course is much in line wit former course i was denied visa wit (aged care+nursing)
my question...
(1) am worry cos of 3.5yrs for tafe course whc is also bsc duration as well,won't Pretoria tink i shud opted for degree?
(2) completion of cert n diploma will already qualify for two yrs post study visa/ PR...can I bone d adv.dip then
CC missmakoye, futuredon,surveyor1,Mrnilobrawn....pls wanna make my final moves this week....both have Oct intake too.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 9:47am On Jun 18, 2015
^^^ go for A.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 10:10am On Jun 18, 2015
Disability Studies and Nursing has a lot of relevance compared to Community Sector Management.

Community Sector Mgt fall under Social Works, while disability falls under Nursing Studies/Paramedicine.

So Mrlinobrown is right, go for A which is relevant to your previous program and thus the Embassy will be fine with it.

Regards.

laminaria:
Schools A : cert iv in disability (39weeks)+ diploma in disability (70weeks) + adv.diploma in disability (66weeks) altogether making it 3.5 yrs for d whole course
Note certificate course is a prerequisite to diploma n diploma is prerequisite to adv. dip to qualify for SVP
School B: diploma of early childhood education care (78weeks) + adv.diploma in community sector management(26weeks) altogether 2yrs ..SVP too.
payment for d tuition for both is almost d same except that d oshc of school A will be much more than B cos of duration of study...school A course is much in line wit former course i was denied visa wit (aged care+nursing)
my question...
(1) am worry cos of 3.5yrs for tafe course whc is also bsc duration as well,won't Pretoria tink i shud opted for degree?
(2) completion of cert n diploma will already qualify for two yrs post study visa/ PR...can I bone d adv.dip then
CC missmakoye, futuredon,surveyor1,Mrnilobrawn....pls wanna make my final moves this week....both have Oct intake too.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Jetspeed: 10:33am On Jun 18, 2015
bossladymo1:

Whatever you do, ensure her occupation is on the same list as yours. Really crucial.

Thanks Bossladymo1. Her occupation (Customer Services Manager) is on the same list as mine. Just waiting for the new CSOL for the 2015/2016 financial year to be released before processing her application.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Jetspeed: 10:41am On Jun 18, 2015
ferdimako:

Jetspeed...take note!

Thanks guys. Noted
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aduktus(m): 11:00am On Jun 18, 2015
masperano:
Future Don and the house please i have urgent questions.
I have just been sent my eCOE, hence i am set to lodge my visa application. My questions are
1) Is it possible to do both medicals and lodge the application almost simultaneously(i intend to lodge my application on Wednesday and do medical test on Thursday this week or vise versa)
2) Please what is the address of the hospital they do the medical test in Lagos (i read something about Fatayi clinic).
3) In the Check list for a 574 visa i saw something like official bank documentation. Am i still going to provide this despite i am fully funded by post graduate research scholarship?
4) Please i will like to know the exact visa application fee as well as medical fee.
5) My Research period starts by 1st of July, how viable is it to get the visa out around that period.

Thank you house as i anticipate ur swift response.

I was in your shoe sometimes ago having gotten fully funded PhD program..Here is my take:
1) Do medicals first and wait for like 2 days then submit application.
2) Address? It depends on where u want..Abuja or Lagos? check web for address.
3) You do NOT need to provide bank statement..it doesnt affect the outcome. You have been front paid if you are on scholarships!
4) Medical fee? depends on location! Visa fee? Check web..but make sure your denominations are of at least 2006.
5) Research can start anytime like 6 months before your confirmation, so go ahead and lodge! No worries.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missakomaye(f): 11:08am On Jun 18, 2015
laminaria:
my question...

As per relevance to your last application go for A.
But if i am given your choice i will rather do B cos its cheaper, its svp and its on the SOL and CSOL lists when i decide to go PR.

But 3.5years? Might as well just do PR directly na. Pls tell me again what's stopping you from doing PR directly?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teeflow09: 11:13am On Jun 18, 2015
Please help how can I go about submitting my application online before going to teleperformance to submit, it seems it has more advantage. ..Please help!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 11:17am On Jun 18, 2015
has her assessing body assessed her qualifications yet?
Jetspeed:

Thanks Bossladymo1. Her occupation (Customer Services Manager) is on the same list as mine. Just waiting for the new CSOL for the 2015/2016 financial year to be released before processing her application.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ernestudezi(m): 11:28am On Jun 18, 2015
You can't submit a student visa application online. You can only generate a HAP ID online, which you'd need to do your medicals.

teeflow09:
Please help how can I go about submitting my application online before going to teleperformance to submit, it seems it has more advantage. ..Please help!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by macbernard: 11:44am On Jun 18, 2015
@Lami, pls note that SVP rules state that you must spend at least 6 month in the course that gave you the SVP privilege in a packaged offer. In your case, what that means is by getting that visa, you cant opt out of the program till after the first semester of your Advanced Diploma course... Pls go through the SVP rules again.

By the way, why would you want to spend{time is money} a whooping 3.5 years on TAFE.... why not look for a 1 yr or 18 months program... Yes, your ultimate consideration is PR after 2 yrs, but that doesnt mean you have to be in one program for those 2 yrs i.e you can get into another program after a year or so in TAFE. Some thing like 1 yr TAFE + 1 yr Masters{get the M.Sc admission with ur Nigerian degree}.
laminaria:
my question...

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hi guys, @ewagbamio. Please can anyone with experience about applying for IELTS remark share their experience about the process? I applied for a remark of my writing test about four weeks ago. They collected everything from me, including the envelope used to deliver the result. grin How will the outcome be communicated to me please? Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 12:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
laminaria - although my knowledge in packaged courses is limited, I would advise the following;

1. Search for schools similar to school A, perhaps there are some other schools that offer just Cert IV in disability (39weeks) + Diploma in disability (70weeks) under SVP route. In my honest opinion, I think 3.5years for combined certificate and diploma courses is a bit long - that's enough time to bag a PhD, I would opt for the BSc degree instead.

2. If there are no other schools offering just Cert IV in disability (39weeks) + Diploma in disability (70weeks) under SVP route, check school A website very well to ascertain that you can actually ''bone'' the adv. diploma part later in future.

Disability courses are more marketable here than what school B is offering you, as such I wouldn't advise you to go for option B.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2015
I smiled reading this. No matter what, I'm still ''Proudly Nigerian''. I like how I gush about being a Nigerian to the oyinbos, I don't care about whatever bad stuffs they might have read about us. Some chics no dey wait once dem hear say person na from Naija, na dem sabi grin cheesy

http://www.immi.gov.au/Stories/Pages/Ollie-King-of-the-Kids.aspx

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shapoh(m): 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
smileyhi mrnilobrawn
mrnilobrawn:
^^^ go for A.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
erictack203:
Disability Studies and Nursing has a lot of relevance compared to Community Sector Management.
Community Sector Mgt fall under Social Works, while disability falls under Nursing Studies/Paramedicine.
So Mrlinobrown is right, go for A which is relevant to your previous program and thus the Embassy will be fine with it.
Regards.
thanks for ur input.
mrnilobrawn:
^^^ go for A.
all said and discussed, tanks.
missakomaye:

As per relevance to your last application go for A.
But if i am given your choice i will rather do B cos its cheaper, its svp and its on the SOL and CSOL lists when i decide to go PR.
But 3.5years? Might as well just do PR directly na. Pls tell me again what's stopping you from doing PR directly?
yea i understand the money aspect of it but d major issue might just be the oshc of 3.5yrs.....tuition is almost the same, cos first i will pay 25% of first course and 10% of subsequent courses,
issue of PR directly is that they have my records now so if i try to go that route it will surely contradict each other regards my CV n job relevance...thanks for d input.
FutureDon:
laminaria - although my knowledge in packaged courses is limited, I would advise the following;
1. Search for schools similar to school A, perhaps there are some other schools that offer just Cert IV in disability (39weeks) + Diploma in disability (70weeks) under SVP route. In my honest opinion, I think 3.5years for combined certificate and diploma courses is a bit long - that's enough time to bag a PhD, I would opt for the BSc degree instead.
2. If there are no other schools offering just Cert IV in disability (39weeks) + Diploma in disability (70weeks) under SVP route, check school A website very well to ascertain that you can actually ''bone'' the adv. diploma part later in future.
Disability courses are more marketable here than what school B is offering you, as such I wouldn't advise you to go for option B.
[/quoted
honestly i have searched n searched ....i do see schools both private n govt owned but neva reached adv diploma level that can qualifies me for svp...tho other courses are like management n business do reach adv dp for svp.......but i tink is too late to go that way now..considering my profile wit dem.
bro i no fil lie anyone here, i cant afford d tuition for uni,most degree course for such related course is around 13-15au$ (around2m - 2.3m upward) i have two uni admission but cant go further cos of money.
[quote author=macbernard post=34889653]@Lami, pls note that SVP rules state that you must spend at least 6 month in the course that gave you the SVP privilege in a packaged offer. In your case, what that means is by getting that visa, you cant opt out of the program till after the first semester of your Advanced Diploma course... Pls go through the SVP rules again.
By the way, why would you want to spend{time is money} a whooping 3.5 years on TAFE.... why not look for a 1 yr or 18 months program... Yes, your ultimate consideration is PR after 2 yrs, but that doesnt mean you have to be in one program for those 2 yrs i.e you can get into another program after a year or so in TAFE. Some thing like 1 yr TAFE + 1 yr Masters{get the M.Sc admission with ur Nigerian degree}.
most of those one yr or 18months cant or hardly fall under svp...beside i did two yrs aged care+nursing and i was denied, mostly affected cos of level3 issue...so it is a must now that i go tru svp n also related course to my previous.
with regards to your comment, are sure i cant opt out cos some people packaged tafe wit uni to gain svp.. and uni do gives like3-5 yrs break atleast to commence d prg failure to do so they terminate d deposit fee but not sure if there is any legal immigration against,
tank you all for d views n ideas......pls those that are already in oz abeg u all reading this in name of God help find out from friends, schools and perhpas education authority.
can one leave d adv. diploma prg after his or her initial studies has reached two yr without any legal misconduct?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Jetspeed: 2:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
chuckdee13:

Note yet. Application to be submitted in July.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2015
@Jetspeed. Sorry to ask you, pls 4give my ignorance. My wife occupation is on same list (Customer Service Manager), now let's assume that the stuff came up again on their site for application to be open, can you advice me with the step by step process to follow in other to apply for her, pls anyone can also contribute.

Thanks in advance.

chuckdee13:
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lighternote: 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2015
@all of u emailing me, pls, I ve long lost my pwd to the NL email. Let this serve as an apology for no response and a note of directive. Kindly drop ur mail, I'll get back to you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by macbernard: 3:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
@Lami,
as per opting out of your Adv. Dip. course, this immi link is for your attention...
http://migrationblog.immi.gov.au/2014/01/14/changing-courses-changes-everything/

pls study everything critically b4 ur next move...

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2015
macbernard:
@Lami,
as per opting out of your Adv. Dip. course, this immi link is for your attention...
http://migrationblog.immi.gov.au/2014/01/14/changing-courses-changes-everything/

pls study everything critically b4 ur next move...
tanks for this.
similar to what I av bin reading from various schools n oz visa link.
I can change to another provider provided it is another eligible SVP school, 2nd I can change to another school provided I have use 6months from my principal course without a release letter, however I can change if am yet to use 6months from my principal course hence I will need release letter from school stating reason y am leaving....but still it won't lead to my visa cancellation as long as I maintain in SVP school. correct me if am wrong pls
but immediately after d diploma can I start d PR route so long is already above 2yrs study?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Jetspeed: 4:00pm On Jun 18, 2015
erictack203:
@Jetspeed. Sorry to ask you, pls 4give my ignorance. My wife occupation is on same list (Customer Service Manager), now let's assume that the stuff came up again on their site for application to be open, can you advice me with the step by step process to follow in other to apply for her, pls anyone can also contribute.

Thanks in advance.

It is assessed by Vetasses (Atleast the last time I checked) and the occupation falls under General Occupation

Log on to www.vetassess.com.au
Click on Skill assessment for Migration
Click on General Occupation
Then click on the application process and read through the requirements.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 4:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
Thanks Jetspeed. God will bless you.

Can I she start the assessment pending on when the CSOL will come up again on WA list?

Also, after the occupation has been access positively by VETASSES, and we intend to apply for skillselect getting a point, will she apply for Regional Sponsorship from the WA state sponsorship b/4 applying to skillselect?

Those are the process am asking for.

Jetspeed:

It is assessed by Vetasses (Atleast the last time I checked) and the occupation falls under General Occupation

Log on to www.vetassess.com.au
Click on Skill assessment for Migration
Click on General Occupation
Then click on the application process and read through the requirements.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
I don't think assessing bodies look at financial year start n end. n u know it can waste time so to me it's best done as early as possible so u can submit ur application early enough in the financial year. just my tot
Jetspeed:

Note yet. Application to be submitted in July.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by gr8tstar: 5:51pm On Jun 18, 2015
Please house I need PTE materials urgently, please someone should help out, forward to my email address : oludareolusegun@gmail.com
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missakomaye(f): 6:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
Scholarship for those who are lucky to pick this institution

http://www.scholars4dev.com/7051/la-trobe-excellence-scholarships-for-international-students/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+scholars4dev+%28Scholarships+for+Development+%7C+International+Scholarships+for+Developing+Countries%29

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lilspiceyy(f): 7:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
erictack203:
Thanks Jetspeed. God will bless you.

Can I she start the assessment pending on when the CSOL will come up again on WA list?

Also, after the occupation has been access positively by VETASSES, and we intend to apply for skillselect getting a point, will she apply for Regional Sponsorship from the WA state sponsorship b/4 applying to skillselect?

Those are the process am asking for.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingpong15: 7:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
bossladymo1:

489 is provisional...means you have 2 stay 2 yrs in a regional area, and work for a year...before you fully transition to PR. You can't get any financial job with it though, you also can't get permanent govt jobs. No medicare and centrelink also.

since it can lead to PR then i feel its worth giving a shot. But pls clarify the no financial jobs... Does mean I will be doing voluntary jobs undecided
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2015
Guys....pls though I understand that this might be off topic here but I need to avail myself of any possible to my botheration of info. One of the requirement for the student visa of the country I am applying to is [b][/b]Original of criminal record character (casier judiciaire). I have never heard of this doc, pls kindly help with any info on where and how to get this doc in 9ja. Tnx in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.