Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1045870 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 6:13pm On Jun 15, 2015
I hv 60 points....my guy assume the position of a VO/CO and give me an info that will reduce this anxiety grin. Someone might have been in a similiar waiting position and can offer some insights.
ferdimako:

grin If u get 60 points without those ur prequalification exp.u are good...no VOs here oh.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 6:35pm On Jun 15, 2015
I just concluded my application for visa 190. Please where can one get the polio vaccination certificate in Lagos?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by coldgate(f): 6:52pm On Jun 15, 2015
malmo:

my wife lives in south adelaide
Wow! Pls. I would like to know more about the city, what to bring that would save me a lot of stress. Is she on Nairaland?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by coldgate(f): 7:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
bellong:

I sent you an email two days ago but you have not responded.

I just saw it. I have responded.Thanks a lot.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ifexsco:
I hv 60 points....my guy assume the position of a VO/CO and give me an info that will reduce this anxiety grin. Someone might have been in a similiar waiting position and can offer some insights.
I know u have paid...u mean u never uploaded any of ur documents? Well, once ur VO is assigned... things will snowball. I assure u a speedy processing..u had dealt with d difficult bit...congrats!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 7:17pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ifexsco:
Please did you submit a polio vaccination certificate when you lodged your application? How did you get? Thanks in advance for your reply.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 8:48pm On Jun 15, 2015
Thanks Ferdi,I haven't uploaded any docs....haven't done my medicals too.@pingku, I guess fatayi administers poli vaccine. You are given a note with which you can go to Fed Ministry of health to get your authentic yellow card...you might be required to take other vaccination before the yellow card is issued. This is what I think,someone with more authentic info can counter it.
ferdimako:

I know u have paid...u mean u never uploaded any of ur documents? Well, once ur VO is assigned... things will snowball. I assure u a speedy processing..u had dealt with d difficult bit...congrats!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 10:22pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ifexsco:
Thanks Ferdi,I haven't uploaded any docs....haven't done my medicals too.@pingku, I guess fatayi administers poli vaccine. You are given a note with which you can go to Fed Ministry of health to get your authentic yellow card...you might be required to take other vaccination before the yellow card is issued. This is what I think,someone with more authentic info can counter it.

You are to attach docs via immi account, not via skill select.

Pretty sure it would have asked if you had an immi account already or would like to create one.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 11:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ifexsco:
Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 16, 2015
Future Don and the house please i have urgent questions.
I have just been sent my eCOE, hence i am set to lodge my visa application. My questions are
1) Is it possible to do both medicals and lodge the application almost simultaneously(i intend to lodge my application on Wednesday and do medical test on Thursday this week or vise versa)
2) Please what is the address of the hospital they do the medical test in Lagos (i read something about Fatayi clinic).
3) In the Check list for a 574 visa i saw something like official bank documentation. Am i still going to provide this despite i am fully funded by post graduate research scholarship?
4) Please i will like to know the exact visa application fee as well as medical fee.
5) My Research period starts by 1st of July, how viable is it to get the visa out around that period.

Thank you house as i anticipate ur swift response.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 4:28am On Jun 16, 2015
I hav an immi account....that's where you fill,pay for visa and submit. You can only upload docs when ur application is sayin in progress (dats after paying n submitting), mine was sayin application received by d time I got baq to upload my docs; so the upload tabs r inactive
bossladymo1:

You are to attach docs via immi account, not via skill select.

Pretty sure it would have asked if you had an immi account already or would like to create one.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 4:41am On Jun 16, 2015
Ifexsco:
I hav an immi account....that's where you fill,pay for visa and submit. You can only upload docs when ur application is sayin in progress (dats after paying n submitting), mine was sayin application received by d time I got baq to upload my docs; so the upload tabs r inactive

Is that the new system now? Up until recently, you could upload docs regardless of the status.

You sure about that?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:25am On Jun 16, 2015
masperano:
I have just been sent my eCOE, hence i am set to lodge my visa application. My questions are
1) Is it possible to do both medicals and lodge the application almost simultaneously(i intend to lodge my application on Wednesday and do medical test on Thursday this week or vise versa)
2) Please what is the address of the hospital they do the medical test in Lagos (i read something about Fatayi clinic).
3) In the Check list for a 574 visa i saw something like official bank documentation. Am i still going to provide this despite i am fully funded by post graduate research scholarship?
4) Please i will like to know the exact visa application fee as well as medical fee.
5) My Research period starts by 1st of July, how viable is it to get the visa out around that period.

All these questions u asked here have already been treated here; u need to read the thread, ðεƔ r not much.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ernestudezi(m): 8:31am On Jun 16, 2015
ferdimako:

ur visa grant from Oz.

Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 16, 2015
masperano:

Do the medicals before lodging. Provide ur statement of account and evidence of ur funding. Read the thread...good luck!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ernestudezi(m): 8:47am On Jun 16, 2015
1) It is possible. However, the Teleperformance guys, where you'd lodge your visa application, close by 3 o'clock. So you'd have to start the medicals very early in the day. If you can do your Polio Vaccination ( Yellow Card ), before going to Fatayi Williams, it would expedite everything. Medicals BEFORE lodging visa application.

2) 54/56 Bankole Street, Marina, Behind Elephant House.

3) SVP? No bank statement needed.

4) I think the total is 87,125 for a singular applicant. Check the Teleperformance website.

5) Do the medicals before you apply for the visa. Write a strongly worded Personal statement ( Question 33 ), carefully fill the application form, don't contradict yourself. Get all the docs you'd need certified. You can get your visa in 5 working days.
July 1st, is very close though..you should talk to your school, see if you can defer till the next semester. However, if you do the above and pray, 5 working days = Your visa. Goodluck.

cc masperano
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingpong15: 10:35am On Jun 16, 2015
Good day all the good people in d ause.,ferdimako bossladymo and co.ur advise and guide is needed here. Having 3yrs experience in an agricultural company and a graduate of agriecons.planned skill migration to Australia. Have done my Ielts test with overall band of 7.I just need your candid advise on steps to take. thanks
Godbless.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 16, 2015
pingpong15:
Good day all the good people in d ause.,ferdimako bossladymo and co.ur advise and guide is needed here. Having 3yrs experience in an agricultural company and a graduate of agriecons.planned skill migration to Australia. Have done my Ielts test with overall band of 7.I just need your candid advise on steps to take. thanks
Godbless.
Each band is needed not overall band. Is ur major a 5yr program? Age? Marital status?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 10:46am On Jun 16, 2015
masperano

Just in addition to what others have said, try to do your medicals before lodging your visa application and NOT vise versa.

You do not need to include any bank statement, however I would suggest that you include your funding letter - I included mine when I was applying for my 574. Contact the Graduate School or your program Coordinator to know if you could possibly resume a few days after your commencement date - just incase..

Seems we have similar educational profiles, hopefully we can meet up someday. All the best bro.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingpong15: 11:50am On Jun 16, 2015
ferdimako:

Each band is needed not overall band. Is ur major a 5yr program? Age? Marital status?

Thanks for the response sir, listening;6.5,reading:9,writing: 6.0,speaking:6.5. Yes ,5yrs program. 25yrs old. Single oo.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
pingpong15:

Thanks for the response sir, listening;6.5,reading:9,writing: 6.0,speaking:6.5. Yes ,5yrs program. 25yrs old. Single oo.
B.Sc=15
English Test=0
Age =30
Partner Skills=0
Work exp if post-B.Sc and relevant =5
Total=50!

You need to assess ur skills and qualification with Vetassess and redo ur English test to pick up 7.0 or above in all bands. Or don't redo the IELTS and go for region nomination for subclass 489... Bosslady could help u here™
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 12:31pm On Jun 16, 2015
[quote author=Ifexsco post=34811479] I hav an immi account....that's where you fill,pay for visa and submit. You can only upload docs when ur application is sayin in progress (dats after paying n submitting), mine was sayin application received by d time I got baq to upload my docs; so the upload tabs r inactive [/qluote]

I was able to upload my documents after paying yesterday. My status was showing received.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
FutureDon:
masperano
Just in addition to what others have said, try to do your medicals before lodging your visa application and NOT vise versa.
You do not need to include any bank statement, however I would suggest that you include your funding letter - I included mine when I was applying for my 574. Contact the Graduate School or your program Coordinator to know if you could possibly resume a few days after your commencement date - just incase..
Seems we have similar educational profiles, hopefully we can meet up someday. All the best bro.

Thank you future don. Will do as u have instructed. If all things go as planned I should be at university of sydney next month. Pls check ur pm
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
ernestudezi:
1) It is possible. However, the Teleperformance guys, where you'd lodge your visa application, close by 3 o'clock. So you'd have to start the medicals very early in the day. If you can do your Polio Vaccination ( Yellow Card ), before going to Fatayi Williams, it would expedite everything. Medicals BEFORE lodging visa application.
2) 54/56 Bankole Street, Marina, Behind Elephant House.
3) SVP? No bank statement needed.
4) I think the total is 87,125 for a singular applicant. Check the Teleperformance website.

5) Do the medicals before you apply for the visa. Write a strongly worded Personal statement ( Question 33 ), carefully fill the application form, don't contradict yourself. Get all the docs you'd need certified. You can get your visa in 5 working days.
July 1st, is very close though..you should talk to your school, see if you can defer till the next semester. However, if you do the above and pray, 5 working days = Your visa. Goodluck.
cc masperano

God bless u sir wil definitely do that
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 1:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
This is for students n PR gurus in d house...
my school is under SVP but d course(s) must reach adv.diploma level, and I can't do diploma & adv diploma without prerequisite course i.e certificate iv.
duration for cert iv is 39weeks
duration for diploma is 70weeks
adv.diplomas is 66weeks.
after finishing certificate n diploma... it is already two yrs prg which I stand a chance of applying for post student visa/ PR.
tho 10% of d tution of adv will be paid but i tink i can forgo it just to qualify me for SVP .
is it possible to leave d adv diploma without having issue wit immigration cos combination of all d weeks is above three yrs.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
masperano:
Thank you future don. Will do as u have instructed. If all things go as planned I should be at university of sydney next month. Pls check ur pm

Cool, please resend. I've literally just changed my nairaland email. I reckon your pm went to the previous email inbox which I can no longer access. Good luck..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teeflow09: 1:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
Egba mi oooo, I didn't front load my medicals b for submitting my nonsvp application, I am yet to get any email, school resumes July 6, 3months should be
Due by july1......... d's wait is killing me....no means to track anything. ....whew!
My sponsor was called June 1
#trusting in Jesus ooooo

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missakomaye(f): 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
This might sound like a funny question You can laff and abuse me too but abeg make una ansa me nonetheless, good people of nairaland. Person wen ask question no dey loss.
Can i carry Yam, Egusi, Ogbono, Afang(this is dried vegetable though), banga, pepper soup spices(which includes ginger ofcourse), dried grounded crayfish(its animal product though its seafood) into Oz?

On their customs site below it says ginger not allowed then vegetables too (on the picture there is pepper there)

http://www.customs.gov.au/canibringitback/

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
Mehn,I went baq after 5days to upload docs....I have also tried severally subsequently and it doesn't open...just greys out. I will try again.[quote author=pingu2k5 post=34823116][/quote]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 2:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
All will be well Bro....I believe they at DIBP knw your start date...I am also waiting and its killing!pls how long did it take to be contacted by ur CO for medicals etc?
teeflow09:
Egba mi oooo, I didn't front load my medicals b for submitting my nonsvp application, I am yet to get any email, school resumes July 6, 3months should be
Due by july1......... d's wait is killing me....no means to track anything. ....whew!
My sponsor was called June 1
#trusting in Jesus ooooo
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Gbolabest234(m): 3:26pm On Jun 16, 2015
hello gurus in d house. I hail u all ooo. Bin followin dis thread for s while nw. Kip;up d gud work. Pls I av a question. As a student in australian uni is it possible to get a PR before or after study?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingpong15: 3:29pm On Jun 16, 2015
ferdimako:

B.Sc=15
English Test=0
Age =30
Partner Skills=0
Work exp if post-B.Sc and relevant =5
Total=50!

You need to assess ur skills and qualification with Vetassess and redo ur English test to pick up 7.0 or above in all bands. Or don't redo the IELTS and go for region nomination for subclass 489... Bosslady could help u here™

Alright thanks for the response.. Pls bosslady ur assistance is needed here. Thanks .

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.