Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1052954 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 5:14am On Mar 14, 2017
A very important information to the newbies here. The visa laws change very often. I see some people reffering to situations that occured in the past and trying to apply it to their current situations,forgetting that the rules which applied then, dont apply now. I used to be very versed in the student visa regulations until the new policy that took effect from July 2016 which made me back out. Currently, I am a novice in terms of the information from the new applicants here. I would have loved there to be a new thread for any major policy changes, but, well, since this is already ongoing, I strongly advice new and old entrants to be aware that a lot of rules have changed, and due diligence and confirmation should be made in making decision based on past information.
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 5:31am On Mar 14, 2017
EmmySparky:
k man i appreciate...i just no want those long processing ...i want a fast and easy way of entering ...PR from nigeria through the skilled list looks complex kinda....#my thoughts though
Bro, look at the PR route critically... With your b.sc in communication and technology (confirm it for me... how mny years course?)... See if you can be assessed with engineers Australia.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 6:43am On Mar 14, 2017
mctowel01:

Bro, look at the PR route critically... With your b.sc in communication and technology (confirm it for me... how mny years course?)... See if you can be assessed with engineers Australia.
its a 4 yr course...bro i am critically looking at it o... U know the way we study in 9ja na...with less practical and more theory....i would try and see the job descriptions well though
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 6:44am On Mar 14, 2017
Kingbukaz:
I honestly think you should be patient and follow the PR Route. My thoughts though!
k boss...how long does it take to get the PR from here
..like how many months
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by perfectme: 6:44am On Mar 14, 2017
Hello house, please I need you advice.
I'm a registered nurse in Nigeria (Bsc degree), I have read through the Australia skilled migration and I'm really confused on what decision to make.
For nurses, I read that you have to apply to the nursing and midwifery board of Australia. After assessing your qualification, if it's not up to their standard then they refer you to take a bridoing course which I about 12 weeks and cost about AUD14,000 (note that you'll only be given a 3months visa to go do that and if you don't get a job after your bridging you'll have to go back to your come country and apply for a job from there).
So my question is: can I apply for a diploma course (let's say in community services ) and also do my bridging course at the end of my diploma and get the nursing registration before apply for my PR because I cannot afford a masters programme for now?
How many years visa will I get for a diploma that is for 1.5years?
Can I stay back and work after the diploma?
What are my chances of getting a PR after a 1.5 years diploma in community services?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by feguson123: 7:15am On Mar 14, 2017
I got married traditionally and I am about submitting my PR application can I submit traditional marriage certificate?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 14, 2017
feguson123:
I got married traditionally and I am about submitting my PR application can I submit traditional marriage certificate?
carry your wife to a court and do court wedding.finish
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 7:26am On Mar 14, 2017
mzjennypher:
Dear Gurus in the house pls help with a reference letter sample I can u for admission processing. a senior colleague in my office is willing to write one, pls help. cc @justwise

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is my personal recommendation for Cathy Douglas. Until just recently, I was Cathy's immediate supervisor for several years. I found her to be consistently pleasant, tackling all assignments with dedication and a smile. Her interpersonal skills are exemplary and appreciated by everyone who works with her.

Besides being a joy to work with, Cathy is a take-charge person who is able to present creative ideas and communicate the benefits. She has successfully developed several marketing plans for our company that have resulted in increased annual revenue.

During her tenure, we saw an increase in profits that exceeded $800,000. The new revenue was a direct result of the sales and marketing plans designed and implemented by Cathy. The additional revenue that she earned helped us to reinvest in the company and expand our operations into other markets.

Though she was an asset to our marketing efforts, Cathy was also extraordinarily helpful in other areas of the company.

In addition to writing effective training modules for sales representatives, Cathy assumed a leadership role in sales meetings, inspiring and motivating other employees. She has also served as a project manager for several key projects and helped to implement our expanded operations. She has proven, on several occasions, that she can be trusted to deliver a completed project on schedule and within budget.

I highly recommend Cathy for employment. She is a team player and would make a great asset to any organization.

Sincerely,
Sharon Feeney, Marketing Manager ABC Productions

https://www.thoughtco.com/sample-letter-of-recommendation-from-an-employer-466813

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by feguson123: 7:30am On Mar 14, 2017
BADNEAT:
carry your wife to a court and do court wedding.finish
can I get the certificate same day?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 7:31am On Mar 14, 2017
mzjennypher:
Dear Gurus in the house pls help with a reference letter sample I can u for admission processing. a senior colleague in my office is willing to write one, pls help. cc @justwise

The University of North Florida
4567 St. Johns Bluff Road South · Jacksonville, FL 32224
(904) 555-0000 Fax (904) 555-0001
November 19, 2003

Dr. Anita Hiresomeone
Counseling Center
Schultz Hall, Room 2121
University of North Florida
4567 St. Johns Bluff Road South
Jacksonville, FL 32224-2645

Dear Dr. Hiresomeone:
It is with great pleasure that I find myself writing this letter of recommendation for Janie Jobseeker. Janie is an outstanding employee who on a daily basis goes “above and beyond” in her administrative support to Student Government and continuously exceeds the performance standards for her position of office Manager. Laurel willingly accepts new assignments and offers to help wherever she can. Student Government is a frenetic environment that presents many competing demands on the staff there. Mrs. Kendall remains steadfast in her cheerfulness, calmness, and dependability. She is an extraordinary employee and a vital member of the team in Student Government. Laurel has demonstrated excellent managerial and decision making skills. She is attentive to tasks and works tirelessly to achieve the goals of the department. She is an extremely positive and dependable employee, and performs her duties in an extremely timely and conscientious manner.

I’ve received many compliments from the many students that she’s assisted as well as the staff members who rely on Laurel’s direction. Management and personnel in Academic Affairs, Enrollment Services, and other departments praise her work. Laurel is an innovative self-starter, who rarely needs supervision. She is punctual and typically exceeds expectations. She handles pressure well, and will voluntarily work overtime and take work home to meet a deadline.

Laurel is an invaluable asset to any department, and I highly recommend hiring her as your new Associate Director for Student Affairs. If you’d like to discuss her attributes in more detail, please don’t’ hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
Emma Feelgood

http://www.eduers.com/reference/employer.htm

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 7:33am On Mar 14, 2017
EmmySparky:
k boss...how long does it take to get the PR from here
..like how many months
From 9months upward
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 10:20am On Mar 14, 2017
Solitin40:

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is my personal recommendation for Cathy Douglas. Until just recently, I was Cathy's immediate supervisor for several years. I found her to be consistently pleasant, tackling all assignments with dedication and a smile. Her interpersonal skills are exemplary and appreciated by everyone who works with her.

Besides being a joy to work with, Cathy is a take-charge person who is able to present creative ideas and communicate the benefits. She has successfully developed several marketing plans for our company that have resulted in increased annual revenue.

During her tenure, we saw an increase in profits that exceeded $800,000. The new revenue was a direct result of the sales and marketing plans designed and implemented by Cathy. The additional revenue that she earned helped us to reinvest in the company and expand our operations into other markets.

Though she was an asset to our marketing efforts, Cathy was also extraordinarily helpful in other areas of the company.

In addition to writing effective training modules for sales representatives, Cathy assumed a leadership role in sales meetings, inspiring and motivating other employees. She has also served as a project manager for several key projects and helped to implement our expanded operations. She has proven, on several occasions, that she can be trusted to deliver a completed project on schedule and within budget.

I highly recommend Cathy for employment. She is a team player and would make a great asset to any organization.

Sincerely,
Sharon Feeney, Marketing Manager ABC Productions

https://www.thoughtco.com/sample-letter-of-recommendation-from-an-employer-466813

@Solitin40 Thanks so much
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 10:33am On Mar 14, 2017
mzjennypher:

@Solitin40 Thanks so much
You welcome but don't copy word to word try to use dictionary for synonyms of the keys words to escape plagiarism

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 10:41am On Mar 14, 2017
Solitin40:

You welcome but don't copy word to word try to use dictionary for synonyms of the keys words to escape plagiarism

@Solitin40 sure thanks

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jukeblam(m): 11:04am On Mar 14, 2017
Solitin40:

From 9months upward

Even lesser than that, depending on individual scenarios based on occupation, total points etc
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 1:51pm On Mar 14, 2017
Solitin40:
From 9months upward
ah ..omo this one na pregnancy

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 2:10pm On Mar 14, 2017
EmmySparky:
ah ..omo this one na pregnancy
Try to check the benefits of PR
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 4:46pm On Mar 14, 2017
Solitin40:

Try to check the benefits of PR
k i would ..its just the lengthy time... Me want move this year enter that country
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 6:11pm On Mar 14, 2017
EmmySparky:
k i would ..its just the lengthy time... Me want move this year enter that country
Hmmmn, I totally understand the feeling bro but as someone earlier indicated, it is possible to obtain your PR within a shorter time (6 months). It all depends on certain factors- how soon/well you are able to pass your English test, points that you are able to gather, your field/ skills, etc

In fact, it's much faster for engineers who would be assessing with EA as you have access to a fast track assessment option.

Having highlighted the above, this year is definitely possible. Please don't waste your money (and time if migration is the main objective) on tuition fees when you can pay same as domestic students. If it happens that you qualify for PR having assessed your situation, go for it instead. See link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chibuike123(m): 8:33pm On Mar 14, 2017
Pls house am new here, I want to know if official transcripts is required as condition for issuance of eCOE for deakin university. Am asking because my school here in nigeria is presently on strike and on lock down. So I can't even apply for official transcript to be sent to the school. I have the student copy though.

Thanks all
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 9:18pm On Mar 14, 2017
chibuike123:
Pls house am new here, I want to know if official transcripts is required as condition for issuance of eCOE for deakin university. Am asking because my school here in nigeria is presently on strike and on lock down. So I can't even apply for official transcript to be sent to the school. I have the student copy though.

Thanks all

Nope the student copy should suffice. They won't ask for official
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 9:20pm On Mar 14, 2017
Hi

Anyone have any recent update regarding FORM A ?

Presently, Which of the bank is the faster and efficient ?

Any help and info will be appreciated.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jeffery23: 10:44pm On Mar 14, 2017
hello house, i have a bsc in accounting with two years experience, working presently as an accountant in a construction company, can i apply for PR, in Australia
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by TabyU: 10:59pm On Mar 14, 2017
Goodevening , am looking into apply for masters in public health or graduate degree in nursing. My first degree is in biochemistry, met with an agent today but recommended macquire uni which on the high side in regards to tuition. Am looking for a relatively cheap school, and would like to find out if toefl is acceptable in australian schools, a friend of mine also advised i do graduate diploma in health care as opposed to masters,which he says it better and gives border work options.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 7:06am On Mar 15, 2017
SantaClause:
Hey guys I know this is somewhere in the thread but I need the answers really fast....I need names of schools in Sydney that gives offer without English Test or names of school in Australia without English test...Thanks hips in advance.

University of Technology Sydney, University of New South Wales and some of the schools on A1 list don't demand for English test. Although I think it's needed while processing your visa (I stand to be corrected). Cos pfl demanded for mine during visa application.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 7:08am On Mar 15, 2017
jeffery23:
hello house, i have a bsc in accounting with two years experience, working presently as an accountant in a construction company, can i apply for PR, in Australia

Is Accounting on the list?? If yes, then you can apply for PR. Go check for the requirements to be provided.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 7:27am On Mar 15, 2017
jeffery23:

Accountants are on sol and csol.

You need to understand very well the process before you start spending your money and having high hopes with sweet dreams.

For you to be assessed positively you must have a bachelor degree equivalent to Australia's.

The most important is for you to be a member of a professional body like ICAN or ACCA because the assessment bodies in Australia classify our bachelor's degrees as associate degree with exception of uni lag, oau and few others.

Even if you were assessed positively, you will need a good points like 70 points and above to be invited to apply for PR as Accountants ceilings is low and lots of competition from other immigrants with higher points.

To read further, I advise you go to their website and read more about the points.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 7:29am On Mar 15, 2017
Vivienne01:

University of Technology Sydney, University of New South Wales and some of the schools on A1 list don't demand for English test. Although I think it's needed while processing your visa (I stand to be corrected). Cos pfl demanded for mine during visa application.

Hope this helps.

All AL1 schools do not need English proficiency and proof of sponsorships when apply for visa.

Though some AL1 schools will require English proficiency and sponsor document before issue admission or COE.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 7:37am On Mar 15, 2017
I have been following this thread and it is helping lots of people here while sometimes information are wrong.

During my undergraduate days, to support myself and get more cash and fx, I was agent to some schools in Canada and UK and I helped lots of students to travel and study in Europe, Australia, Canada and UK.

I will also be giving advice and information to others on this thread based on my wealth of experience and knowledge.

So let's have more questions here ..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 7:44am On Mar 15, 2017
TabyU:
Goodevening , am looking into apply for masters in public health or graduate degree in nursing. My first degree is in biochemistry, met with an agent today but recommended macquire uni which on the high side in regards to tuition. Am looking for a relatively cheap school, and would like to find out if toefl is acceptable in australian schools, a friend of mine also advised i do graduate diploma in health care as opposed to masters,which he says it better and gives border work options.

Hi

Mcquire is AL1 university and most of them are expensive.

You need to know that tuition fees in Australia are high except the TAFE that offer diplomas and certificates courses.

And most of the university will request first semester deposit after acceptance.

Toefl is acceptable but why not try PTE, it is easier to pass and result comes out within 3 days.

Why not go for the Nursing program or the health care. It is better and you have more opportunities during and after studies.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 7:49am On Mar 15, 2017
SantaClause:
Hey guys I know this is somewhere in the thread but I need the answers really fast....I need names of schools in Sydney that gives offer without English Test or names of school in Australia without English test...Thanks hips in advance.

Why Sydney ?

Since it is Sydney you are looking at, it will be easier to define your search and contact the schools directly.

RMIT in Melbourne don't English.

But you can easily write PTE and result comes out fast and it is straight English exam and easier.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (511)

Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.