Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1052962 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 7:54am On Mar 15, 2017
EmmySparky:
k boss...how long does it take to get the PR from here
..like how many months

It could take you 4 months and take me one year.

It depends the occupation and the points.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 7:58am On Mar 15, 2017
perfectme:
Hello house, please I need you advice.
I'm a registered nurse in Nigeria (Bsc degree), I have read through the Australia skilled migration and I'm really confused on what decision to make.
For nurses, I read that you have to apply to the nursing and midwifery board of Australia. After assessing your qualification, if it's not up to their standard then they refer you to take a bridoing course which I about 12 weeks and cost about AUD14,000 (note that you'll only be given a 3months visa to go do that and if you don't get a job after your bridging you'll have to go back to your come country and apply for a job from there).
So my question is: can I apply for a diploma course (let's say in community services ) and also do my bridging course at the end of my diploma and get the nursing registration before apply for my PR because I cannot afford a masters programme for now?
How many years visa will I get for a diploma that is for 1.5years?
Can I stay back and work after the diploma?
What are my chances of getting a PR after a 1.5 years diploma in community services?

The demand for nurses is massive in Australia. They are only sceptical about your skills and knowledge, hence the route for the short course.

I know accountants and the rest that left their profession and went to study diploma in nursing when they got to Australia.

Take it and you won't regret the action.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mjlbabajide(m): 10:28am On Mar 15, 2017
I strongly suggest you make it a 2year diploma course.

perfectme:
Hello house, please I need you advice.
I'm a registered nurse in Nigeria (Bsc degree), I have read through the Australia skilled migration and I'm really confused on what decision to make.
For nurses, I read that you have to apply to the nursing and midwifery board of Australia. After assessing your qualification, if it's not up to their standard then they refer you to take a bridoing course which I about 12 weeks and cost about AUD14,000 (note that you'll only be given a 3months visa to go do that and if you don't get a job after your bridging you'll have to go back to your come country and apply for a job from there).
So my question is: can I apply for a diploma course (let's say in community services ) and also do my bridging course at the end of my diploma and get the nursing registration before apply for my PR because I cannot afford a masters programme for now?
How many years visa will I get for a diploma that is for 1.5years?
Can I stay back and work after the diploma?
What are my chances of getting a PR after a 1.5 years diploma in community services?

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jeffery23: 1:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
santity100:

The demand for nurses is massive in Australia. They are only sceptical about your skills and knowledge, hence the route for the short course.

I know accountants and the rest that left their profession and went to study diploma in nursing when they got to Australia.

wow really,
Hello can change his profession as an accountant to diploma in nursing without having the basic knowledge in Australia nd via the documents u will submit for admission won't they knw u 've no degree in science like ur first degree as an accountant or ur O level result is jst commercial stuff, any idea on how to change a profession to nursing for a diploma course in Australia without a background knowledge in ur first degree?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abass: 1:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Waifs is actually making life difficult for me. After signifying interest in Certificate III in Individual support, they asked me for a comprehensive GTE and CV, which I actually provided a 5pages comprehensive one and still they are saying they are not convinced to grant admission that I should write another detailed GTE
My question is, which is more essay and likely to get an admission
1. B.sc background with TAFE similar course
2. Work Experience(Not B.sc Related) with TAFE similar course
3. Lucrative TAFE course dt gives route to PR
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by togetherness: 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2017
santity100:

Will the person apply for account related courses from here and change when he/she gets there ?
If yes, is the person applying for TAFE cos of reasonable tuition tho or masters ?

This changing of course from Ur Degree here to something lucrative there is really getting me confused.
Also does age have effect on kind of program you can apply for . Maybe once U're 30, u can't do a TAFE course but masters straightup

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by diego2015(m): 2:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
Khalla:
Hello house!!

please I need an assistance from any good fellow!! I logged in my student visa sub-500 on 30th November 2016, medicals on 28th November 2016, teleperformance 1st Dec. 2016, up till now I am yet to get an update. my course has since commenced on the 27th feb. 2017.I feeling so bad now, my agent PFL don't seem to have any solution to my predicament.

please I need an advice
what documents did you submit to the embassy, also check whether the required any further documents from yiu
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DonFAASHY: 2:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
Top of the day to you friends, Please I need some information about UNSW as per their Fee payment plan after the initial deposit of 6000aud.
Do we have anyone currently studying there or that has the info. PLEASE
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 2:07pm On Mar 15, 2017
SegunWamiri:

Hmmmn, I totally understand the feeling bro but as someone earlier indicated, it is possible to obtain your PR within a shorter time (6 months). It all depends on certain factors- how soon/well you are able to pass your English test, points that you are able to gather, your field/ skills, etc

In fact, it's much faster for engineers who would be assessing with EA as you have access to a fast track assessment option.

Having highlighted the above, this year is definitely possible. Please don't waste your money (and time if migration is the main objective) on tuition fees when you can pay same as domestic students. If it happens that you qualify for PR having assessed your situation, go for it instead. See link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident
wow thanks a lot for this piece of info...the way u passed ur info was precise and direct...my course is ict based similar to computer science..and since i finished serving last year ...bro no good job...so no years of experience...my question now is that what are the chances of a fresh graduate obtaining a pr...with little or no experience working after school
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 2:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
jeffery23:

wow really,
Hello can change his profession as an accountant to diploma in nursing without having the basic knowledge in Australia nd via the documents u will submit for admission won't they knw u 've no degree in science like ur first degree as an accountant or ur O level result is jst commercial stuff, any idea on how to change a profession to nursing for a diploma course in Australia without a background knowledge in ur first degree?

I mean accountant migrated to Australia and enrolled for nursing when he realised the prospects.

It is here we lay unnecessary emphasis on background. There are different pathways depending on your background.

You can study your dream if you are living legitimately in a developed country.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 2:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
santity100:

It could take you 4 months and take me one year.

It depends the occupation and the points.
k man...i would check it out...and the english test for pr...is it same as the academic one...and bro how much do u think would be sufficient in getting the pr
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 2:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
togetherness:

Will the person apply for account related courses from here and change when he/she gets there ?
If yes, is the person applying for TAFE cos of reasonable tuition tho or masters ?

This changing of course from Ur Degree here to something lucrative there is really getting me confused.
Also does age have effect on kind of program you can apply for . Maybe once U're 30, u can't do a TAFE course but masters straightup

Thanks

It is not advisable to try that stunt from here because of visa policies and especially the GTE

Most students that travel to Australia in the past were able to change from bachelor's to TAFE studying diplomas.

It is no more possible to be studying a course lower than the level you were given visa to Australia due to the recent immigration laws.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jeffery23: 2:32pm On Mar 15, 2017
santity100:

I mean accountant migrated to Australia and enrolled for nursing when he realised the prospects.

It is here we lay unnecessary emphasis on background. There are different pathways depending on your background.

You can study your dream if you are living legitimately in a developed country.

hmmmm very nice thanks, i understand now
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 2:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
@ Emmyspark

The first step I'll suggest you take is to check the Australian SO/CSO List, check for occupations closest to your program of study and find out its assessing body. When you have confirmed this, visit their website in order to see the full requirements for likely getting a positive assessment. Some of the bodies don't require experience.

Meanwhile, we need to teleport this discussion to the other thread.....the link posted earlier.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by togetherness: 3:32pm On Mar 15, 2017
abass:
Waifs is actually making life difficult for me. After signifying interest in Certificate III in Individual support, they asked me for a comprehensive GTE and CV, which I actually provided a 5pages comprehensive one and still they are saying they are not convinced to grant admission that I should write another detailed GTE

I think I like these questions. Someone should please answer.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by togetherness: 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2017
@santity100
Kindly answer that abasss last post. Thank u
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 4:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
EmmySparky:
k man...i would check it out...and the english test for pr...is it same as the academic one...and bro how much do u think would be sufficient in getting the pr

yes same PTE academic

Assessment of your skill and education less than 1000 dollars for most bodies

English language test: maybe 50k depending

Next payment will be when you are invited to apply for pr, the visa fee varies depending on number of dependents but you can check the accurate fee on border.gov
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 4:36pm On Mar 15, 2017
abass:

It is always an issue when someone is applying to a different program when you have different background.

Even someone that already have a bachelor's degree and wanting to study another bachelor's degree, it is same issue with this GTE.

What you are going through with the school now, you will still go through same with the embassy.

If you are later accepted to study this program, please have strong financial sponsorship and many documents to proof ties and your passion to study this program when you submit for visa.

People get visas with this certificates and diploma courses in TAFEs but you must be ready to have huge supporting documents for visa

Australia embassy is very strict and tough as the case officers are south Africans.

I might just advise you to study a different course at postgraduate level to ease your chances
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 5:01pm On Mar 15, 2017
[quote author=santity100 post=54617871]

yes same PTE academic

Next payment will be when you are invited to apply for pr, the visa fee varies depending on number of dependents but you can check the accurate fee on border.gov[/quote gracias] bueno amigo.... I would check the site up right now...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 5:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
santity100:

yes same PTE academic

Next payment will be when you are invited to apply for pr, the visa fee varies depending on number of dependents but you can check the accurate fee on border.gov
gracias amigo...i would check the site up now
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chibuike123(m): 8:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
Pls house, documents are notarized for how much in lagos high courts, both TB square and that of alausa?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 8:33pm On Mar 15, 2017
EmmySparky:
wow thanks a lot for this piece of info...the way u passed ur info was precise and direct...my course is ict based similar to computer science..and since i finished serving last year ...bro no good job...so no years of experience...my question now is that what are the chances of a fresh graduate obtaining a pr...with little or no experience working after school
If your b.sc is in engineering, good chance, for others, a very slim or difficult chance
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 8:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
EmmySparky:

The fact is it is very slim that you will get invited for PR on ICT related occupation due to the following reasons:

1) You will need at least 70 points before you can have any chance of invitation. ICT is highly competitive and most of these Asians are highly skilled and experienced in that occupation
2) try to calculate your points from their website, if it is below 70, I doubt if you will be invited this year again as most occupations like accountants and ICT are already reaching ceiling. The highest pointers will get the most invites.

If you are assessed positively by the body in Australia now

1) Try to build your skill by writing all those your ccna ccnp etc, I have seen people that were sponsored by companies because of their professional qualifications.

Showcase yourself on LinkedIn and apply for sponsored jobs.

Not everyone will get invited for PR, you need very good points, it is getting competitive yearly except for health occupations.

The above is just the direct truth and no sugar coating.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2017
santity100:

The fact is it is very slim that you will get invited for PR on ICT related occupation due to the following reasons:

1) You will need at least 70 points before you can have any chance of invitation. ICT is highly competitive and most of these Asians are highly skilled and experienced in that occupation
2) try to calculate your points from their website, if it is below 70, I doubt if you will be invited this year again as most occupations like accountants and ICT are already reaching ceiling. The highest pointers will get the most invites.

If you are assessed positively by the body in Australia now

1) Try to build your skill by writing all those your ccna ccnp etc, I have seen people that were sponsored by companies because of their professional qualifications.

Showcase yourself on LinkedIn and apply for sponsored jobs.

Not everyone will get invited for PR, you need very good points, it is getting competitive yearly except for health occupations.

The above is just the direct truth and no sugar coating.
thanks man...this is is the kinda response i need so that i would not waste my time on a fools errand...but bro i got a diploma in geology from a university...can i apply with that cos i heard they really want geologists in thEre...plus i have close t 5 yrs experience in teaching secondary school students...i attended a part time university so i kinda worked and schooled (hustling)...so now i ended up having more experience in that area than the courses i studied in school...and in the list i saw teaching in there...but i actually don't have an Nce presently or B.ed...can i switch to this teaching line instead...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 10:42pm On Mar 15, 2017
mctowel01:

If your b.sc is in engineering, good chance, for others, a very slim or difficult chance
bro mine isnt engineering..i really dont know if a diploma in geology counts ...make i drop the bsc use am
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 11:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
EmmySparky:
thanks man...this is is the kinda response i need so that i would not waste my time on a fools errand...but bro i got a diploma in geology from a university...can i apply with that cos i heard they really want geologists in thEre...plus i have close t 5 yrs experience in teaching secondary school students...i attended a part time university so i kinda worked and schooled (hustling)...so now i ended up having more experience in that area than the courses i studied in school...and in the list i saw teaching in there...but i actually don't have an Nce presently or B.ed...can i switch to this teaching line instead...

Firstly it is believed that before you can perform some jobs it is required that you have the education and knowledge which is mostly Bachelor's degree.

Any experience you have before you gain your bachelor's degree won't be recognised.

You sef know say nah bachelor in education and nce dey teach for school nah.

The earlier you know your chances the better.

Disappointments in visa applications is always bad, so earlier you know your chances the better you quickly make your decision to do stuffs that are realistic. Eye Don see with different clients and families.

Forget all those check sol/csol, once you have positive assessment you submit to skill select and you are on your way to PR. There are lots of people in skill select for more than 4 years without invitation to apply for PR.

Let's know if you have further questions.

All the best.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by feguson123: 11:33pm On Mar 15, 2017
mctowel01:

bro what is the process for engineering I v 4 yrs experience as engineer
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by daylay007: 12:19am On Mar 16, 2017
michV:
good day. please can i ask you few questions privately?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 1:17am On Mar 16, 2017
[quote author=santity100 post=54625400]

2) try to calculate your points from their website, if it is below 70, I doubt if you will be invited this year again as most occupations like accountants and ICT are already reaching ceiling. The highest pointers will get the most invites

Are you saying that he'll need 70 points for ANY ICT occupation even if he isn't after state sponsorship?

Forget all those check sol/csol, once you have positive assessment you submit to skill select and you are on your way to PR.

And of course without assessment, he is going nowhere. While calculating points via website is important, I term it self assessment. I believe external assessment is equally important.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by perfectme: 4:47am On Mar 16, 2017
Thanks @ santity100 and mjlbabajide
I have gone through their masters programmes, they are a bit expensive.
I found a diploma in early childhood education and care for 18,000AUD for 1.5 years, and I can write a very strong SOP to support my reasons for wanting to study this course in Australia.
But the problem is that you guys adviced me to go for a 2 year course, so is it possible to add some other courses to this or I should just go for a 2 years course straight up.
Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 5:02am On Mar 16, 2017
feguson123:
bro what is the process for engineering I v 4 yrs experience as engineer
Follow this link...
https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident#44772680
The first 3 pages are sufficient for any basic questions you might have
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 7:34am On Mar 16, 2017
[quo[b]te author=SegunWamiri post=54630948][/quote]

Are you saying that he'll need 70 points for ANY ICT occupation even if he isn't after state sponsorship?

I am saying for him to have better chances of getting invited this year or soon, he needs at least 70 points irrespective of whether independent or state sponsorship because of the competition in ICT related occupation. There are many applicants in that field with high points and available slots is low. 

Secondly I meant having a positive assessment does not guarantee that you will be invited to apply for PR.

Also, what is external assessment again ? The website is self explanatory and very clear. You will definitely have idea of the points you will get if you go through the points of border.gov

Applicants should even be worried about loosing points if the assessing body is taking your professional qualifications in lieu of your bachelor's degree which means all your experiences prior to professional qualifications won't be recognised, making you loose points on experience.

I have seen people with bachelor's degree in 2002 and started working in 2005 but they had professional qualifications in 2014. The assessing body started recognising their experience from 2014..

I just feel it is better people know all the options before they put their leg into it because once they start, the psychological effect of this process is crazy and if it doesn't work out it successfully, it cause depression for sometime.

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (511)

Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.