Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,388 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1050433 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by samuelokwu: 9:33am On Jun 28, 2015
Hello pingu2k5
Tanks for the info . I also went through ATS .
Please how much did you pay for your A AT transcript?
Are there other requirements I must submit to get it.
Please I will appreciate every information you can give because I will be going to onyigbo offices on Monday morning.

pingu2k5:
1. Yes, please. I also did ATS. I submitted both my ATS transcript and professional exams transcript to ICAA. Before my assessment was concluded, I was asked the basis for the exemptions, which I replied it's the ATS. I also submitted ATS syllabus.

2. ICAA requires members of professional institutes to provide a letter of good standing from their institute. I'm not sure the other assessing bodies require this. It takes nothing to get this from ICAN so long as there is no outstanding annual subcription payment.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by larryjayz: 11:06am On Jun 28, 2015
Hello guys, I'm a post grad student in Australia on a year and a half visa (3 semesters) i was thinking about doing a postgrad research for 6 months to make it 2 years so as to qualify for graduate visa but was told i can apply for PR. I've been going through the visa types and I'm not sure which one to apply for, i dont have any work experience as i came here after my NYSC, please i need your contributions, Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrsdee: 11:20am On Jun 28, 2015
bellong:
@Mrsdee,

The documents are enough but don't include NYSC certificate.

Thanks for your responce. Pls can I know your reason for the removal.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrsdee: 11:30am On Jun 28, 2015
bossladymo1:

How many years of experience are you claiming. The documents you listed are okay. You can also choose to add tax docs if you want.

I want to claim the 7 years and 4 months which gives 10 points. I dont mind removing exp of company A or B if the above documents are not enough proof. Tax deduction is evident on my pay slip for company C.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrsdee: 11:39am On Jun 28, 2015
manmeta:

1. What does your reference letter for Company C say?

2. How many months payslips are you using for Company C?

3. I guess you did NYSC programme at Company A. Do you have any letter stating their request for your placement with them? If you don't, it's not compulsory.

4. To whom are all your reference letters addressed?

5. Could your emoluments be easily traced on your bank statements?
Thanks for replying.
1.The reference letter for company C is according to the specification of dibp. States my job function and other details. Equally used it for my assessment.

2. I have pay slips for all the months for company C. Still employed there.

3. I don't have such letter

4. All the references are addressed to my assessing body.

5. For d experience with bank statements, the emoluments can be easily traced. My nysc acct is closed and they had to print the statement from their closed account history And it was compressed.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
Same price as the professional exam transcript. I paid N7,500 each for the ATS and PE transcripts, but I think it's N10,000 each now.

Below are the requirements stated on ICAN website (http://icanig.org/ican/article.php?id=27):
• Written application indicating destination of transcripts. Applicants phone numbers must be included.
• Payment of processing fee of N10,000 (make a pay direct at any commercial bank in Nigeria
• Photocopy of AAT/ICAN Certificate (for members only).
• Photocopy of exemption certificate (if applicable).
• Photocopies of passed results.
• One recent passport photograph.
• Duplicate copy of receipt of payment/teller.
• Applicant is to pay all indebtedness (i.e membership/student Annual Subscription/Development levy) before transcript is processed.

Please note that my first degree was not in accounting. If you have BSc accounting and the courses exempted for you by ICAN were covered in your undergraduate studies and you can provide your undergraduate syllabus, then you may not need to stress yourself with ATS.

My advice: Get any evidence u can to back up your application.

samuelokwu:

Hello pingu2k5
Tanks for the info . I also went through ATS .
Please how much did you pay for your A AT transcript?
Are there other requirements I must submit to get it.
Please I will appreciate every information you can give because I will be going to onyigbo offices on Monday morning.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by manmeta: 12:19pm On Jun 28, 2015
mrsdee:

Thanks for replying.
1.The reference letter for company C is according to the specification of dibp. States my job function and other details. Equally used it for my assessment.

2. I have pay slips for all the months for company C. Still employed there.

3. I don't have such letter

4. All the references are addressed to my assessing body.

5. For d experience with bank statements, the emoluments can be easily traced. My nysc acct is closed and they had to print the statement from their closed account history And it was compressed.

You are good to go. You don't need more than 6 months payslips for your present employment. Try to provide as many docs as possible while not being bogus at the same time.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by samuelokwu: 12:19pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hello pingu2k5
Please it's me again. How and where did u get your police clearance?
Please direct me . How much did you pay? How long did it take ? Must I get for I and my wife or only myself as the principal applicants?
Do u have any contact I can meet to assist with it ? Please assist .

pingu2k5:
Please anyone: I just collected my police clearance (PCC) and noticed it has 3 months validity. How does this affect initial entry date to Australia after visa grant?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
mrsdee:

I want to claim the 7 years and 4 months which gives 10 points. I dont mind removing exp of company A or B if the above documents are not enough proof. Tax deduction is evident on my pay slip for company C.

If you dont have bank statements/tax docs for company B, I would advise you take it off. Just salary certificate is not enough. The CO will definitely ask for more evidence.

Will it affect your points if you take it off?

Also, for company C, is it approximately 5yrs or over 5yrs? If it is over 5yrs, you can claim 10pts with just that company experience.

For the NYSC year, did the company pay you at all?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by samuelokwu: 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
Thanks again.my first degree was in accounting .however, I will still like to include my Ats transcript along with that for I CAN .
if the trNscript can be got at onyigbo for both ats and PE, and will be ready within the week? How long will it take for letter of good standing?
Can one letter of good standing cover both AAT and ACA ?

I will like to go to onyigbo tomorrow that's why I am asking plenty questions. Pls pardon me.

pingu2k5:
Same price as the professional exam transcript. I paid N7,500 each for the ATS and PE transcripts, but I think it's N10,000 each now.

Below are the requirements stated on ICAN website (http://icanig.org/ican/article.php?id=27):
• Written application indicating destination of transcripts. Applicants phone numbers must be included.
• Payment of processing fee of N10,000 (make a pay direct at any commercial bank in Nigeria
• Photocopy of AAT/ICAN Certificate (for members only).
• Photocopy of exemption certificate (if applicable).
• Photocopies of passed results.
• One recent passport photograph.
• Duplicate copy of receipt of payment/teller.
• Applicant is to pay all indebtedness (i.e membership/student Annual Subscription/Development levy) before transcript is processed.

Please note that my first degree was not in accounting. If you have BSc accounting and the courses exempted for you by ICAN were covered in your undergraduate studies and you can provide your undergraduate syllabus, then you may not need to stress yourself with ATS.

My advice: Get any evidence u can to back up your application.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chase123: 1:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
chuckdee13:
the first IELTS I wrote was in Lagos. I can't really remember if the examiners in reading/listening/writing were Nigerians but the speaking person was a white lady. hence my confusion so pls don't be surprised by my question
OK
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stanlovic(m): 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
brother a beg e get wet in I want make we discuss@Eritack
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by samuelokwu: 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hi people
about my experience . I have 7 YEARS and 1 month experience with my current employer. I also have about 13 months with another employer. The issue is this 15 months including my NYSC period.
Now I was not posted there. I was posted to maiduguri but had an arrangement with my ZI. So I forfeited my allowance and stayed back in Lagos working.
I have an employment letter and can get a reference letter from my employer.
Can I now claim above 8years for my assessment point ?

I was employed as a senior accounts ckerk .

Pls advise

manmeta:

You are good to go. You don't need more than 6 months payslips for your present employment. Try to provide as many docs as possible while not being bogus at the same time.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by debris: 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
PLEASE WHICH OF THE AUSTRALIA UNIVERSITIES OFFER POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA COURSES IN HEALTH/SCIENCE COURSES AT A CHEAPER RATE.PLIZ HELP A SISTER

THANKS.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrsdee: 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
manmeta:

bossladymo1:

If you dont have bank statements/tax docs for company B, I would advise you take it off. Just salary certificate is not enough. The CO will definitely ask for more evidence.
Will it affect your points if you take it off?
Also, for company C, is it approximately 5yrs or over 5yrs? If it is over 5yrs, you can claim 10pts with just that company experience.
For the NYSC year, did the company pay you at all?

Thanks manmeta and bossladyMo........I will be exactly 5years with company C on 30th june and I don't really mind using only that. I intend submitting eoi on 1st july. I was paid during nysc and like I stated before, the acct was closed some time back and I had to start applying for the printing of the statement. my worry is that since all the experiences were accepted during assessment , won't it be somehow if I decide to leave out some in visa application Stage.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 2:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
@stanlovic, am with you sir, go ahead and let me know what u want.

stanlovic:
brother a beg e get wet in I want make we discuss@Eritack
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 3:35pm On Jun 28, 2015
mrsdee:

Thanks manmeta and bossladyMo........I will be exactly 5years with company C on 30th june and I don't really mind using only that. I intend submitting eoi on 1st july. I was paid during nysc and like I stated before, the acct was closed some time back and I had to start applying for the printing of the statement. my worry is that since all the experiences were accepted during assessment , won't it be somehow if I decide to leave out some in visa application Stage.

If the company you served in paid you directly to ypur bank account, then you can use that. But if it is the NYSC allawi you are talking about, then you need your primary assignment letter, stating you were posted to work in that company...cos it is NYSC allawi that will come up on your bank statement.

OR

You can chill a bit, and clock 5yrs and 1month, then submit your EOI with just company C.

Whatever it is, the evidence for Company b is not enough. And taking into consideration the fact that the Company B experience helps boost your points, the CO will want enough evidence.

It is not somehow excluding work experience. DIBP understands people do that for various reasons.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stepo707: 4:40pm On Jun 28, 2015
[quote author=Caucasoid post=35198620]The IELTS speaking component is freaking subjective AF! The guy who interviewed me must be some crackk..head nuii.sance, how else do you explain the ret.aard scoring me 6.5 in speaking The point here is this, if you are fortunate enough to have your speaking test conducted by a white person you'd prob'ly score better than when these Nigerian examiners score you. If they didn't score me 7.0 overall band score, them for sabi better crase for that IELTS office, I would have given them a damn dressing down before i ask for a remark of the speaking part after taking the PTE test. Awon Oloriburuku IELTS.

I am gonna say it here, any academically average Nigerian who scores below 7.0 in speaking should be flogged <----- At least, that was my earlier position before that jerr.k scored me 6.5 in speaking. For the records, here is my IELTS test report; LISTENING- 7.0 READING-8.0 WRITING-7.0 SPEAKING-6.5, OVERALL BAND SCORE-7.0. I needed 6.5 on all components tho for the programme. [/quote

We nigerians dont always help ourselves.I was sure i was supssed to get an 8.0 in speaking test but that crack head lady gave me a 6.5.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrsdee: 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
bossladymo1:

If the company you served in paid you directly to ypur bank account, then you can use that. But if it is the NYSC allawi you are talking about, then you need your primary assignment letter, stating you were posted to work in that company...cos it is NYSC allawi that will come up on your bank statement.

OR

You can chill a bit, and clock 5yrs and 1month, then submit your EOI with just company C.

Whatever it is, the evidence for Company b is not enough. And taking into consideration the fact that the Company B experience helps boost your points, the CO will want enough evidence.

It is not somehow excluding work experience. DIBP understands people do that for various reasons.

Thanks, appreciate your responce.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by databasecareers: 5:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
[quote author=mrsdee post=35245854]

@ bossladyMo, what about the employed that don't have tax certificate but has pay slips, bank statement and employment reference.Can't the above docs be used without the tax certificate.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2015
You only need one letter of good standing and u can get that same day you apply at the Island office. You should be able to get the transcripts within a week, all things being equal, at the Oyingbo office.

I got my Police clearance same day for N5k at Police headquarters, Alagbon, Ikoyi. You will need to get a police clearance for every migrating dependent that is 16 years or older.

I will call you.

samuelokwu
post=35244374:

Thanks again.my first degree was in accounting .however, I will still like to include my Ats transcript along with that for I CAN .
if the trNscript can be got at onyigbo for both ats and PE, and will be ready within the week? How long will it take for letter of good standing?
Can one letter of good standing cover both AAT and ACA ?

I will like to go to onyigbo tomorrow that's why I am asking plenty questions. Pls pardon me.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 9:18pm On Jun 28, 2015
@scrollmeout.

My brother am so sorry, I responded to this your query, I am shocked that it was not posted, weather it was removed or so I just don't understand.. I will re-answer you again even though you have gotten what you want.

I used BCIE at Aba road, I didn't used an agent, I registered online with a total of 38k from PTE website using my ATM card, after 2days, they will place a refund of about 1k. The results are out within 5 business days.

Pls accept my apologies again.

scrollmeout:

Hello Bros, where did u write your PTE in ph please? Is it BCIE on Aba road? And how much was it? The guy I met said 46,500 if they register me but I found out online that It costs 36,500 online. Also what was your he experience like, especially the cbt facilites and did it meet your expectations? Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by blueprint2015(m): 9:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
teeflow09:

Keep waiting prayerfully,mine is already 2months dey called my sponsor on Monday tho,,,yet to receive a mail from them!

have you finally received your Visa Grant

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by blueprint2015(m): 9:40pm On Jun 28, 2015
Dav6:
Please any alternative to IOM Nigeria Abikoye said I shud give them 3weeks after scanning my bio data page and all b4 everytin can be finalise because they work in conjunction with there Ghana office, IOM Australia ve not replied me, I mailed them yday...any alternative? people in the house Because my skol resume mid July I can't wait for 3weeks @Laminaria:76 talking about ur family unit>ur partner and ur children not yet turned 18 are ur family unit..if you know you are not married pls dat place is not met for you..make sure u fill Question 40 and use your Job offer/employment as ur ties REVERT to my comment on page 44 here ...with that you are gud to go regards to home ties as relate to "SVP only pls note"...Laminaria they can't deny you visa coz you are not married, guess you left the space 40 not attended to, maybe other financial reasons contributed too. I first advised you to go for svp prog remember... @Olagigar. Bro a genuine statement of acc for sponsorship purpose must come with cover/ref letter from the bank even if you are the owner of the account, have mentioned earlier that if you are not married another gud option to show home ties, that is thru your job... revert to my earlier comment, back with strong SOP tailor to that...in that case there must be strong link between you and your sponsor for Assessment level 3 application coz DIBP will definitely confirm and even send bank confirmation form 'in most cases' to your sponsor to sign and all this are subject to confirmation....that is why i strongly advise that peeps should go for combined diploma and adv diploma that wud qualify you for svp this will safe you the stress of huge/fat statement of acc which you do not have and afford you the opportunity to face your visa application squarely.. @Blueprint2015 yes Svp subclass 572

thanks for taking out time to respond to all of us... i do wish you a safe trip to aussie .. please i would like to keep in touch with you... i am not trying to be a pessimist.. but i have already lodge my application as i stated earlier... but recently i rialized i made some blunders while feeling the visa form because i did not give sufficient information regarding my working experience... still i keep my finger crossed but just incase i will like to follow your steps and apply under this svp providers.... finally i would like to know if schools with the svp do have agents in niaja
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrsdee: 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2015
scrollmeout:

Hello Bros, where did u write your PTE in ph please? Is it BCIE on Aba road? And how much was it? The guy I met said 46,500 if they register me but I found out online that It costs 36,500 online. Also what was your he experience like, especially the cbt facilites and did it meet your expectations? Thanks

Biko don't ever use chris eluke and associates, the other pte centre in ph. Had a very horrible experience with them. They are very unserious, left my base and travelled to ph on friday . The test was scheduled fr sat 2pm and I got there by 11am and met the office locked, had to start calling the man to remind him of the exam. When he finally came, he just told me that I wont be able to take d exam because their system has been down since thursday. I was so disappointed and had to write an official complaint to pte. Although my exam ws rescheduled, I was nt paid the expenses I incured due to their negligence of not informing me of their challenges.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 10:18pm On Jun 28, 2015
mrsdee:

Biko don't ever use chris eluke and associates, the other pte centre in ph. Had a very horrible experience with them. They are very unserious, left my base and travelled to ph on friday . The test was scheduled fr sat 2pm and I got there by 11am and met the office locked, had to start calling the man to remind him of the exam. When he finally came, he just told me that I wont be able to take d exam because their system has been down since thursday. I was so disappointed and had to write an official complaint to pte. Although my exam ws rescheduled, I was nt paid the expenses I incured due to their negligence of not informing me of their challenges.

Thanks, I registered with BCIE. Sorry for your bad experience.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eumaca: 10:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
NNBB2012:

Yes, HND is equivalent to Australian Advanced Diploma. You need to check your occupation and assessing body to know the minimum requirement.

Thanks for your response. Pls do I need to submit my documents for assessment before taking IELTS? Also this PTE mentioned here is it a substitute to IElts? thank you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teeflow09: 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
blueprint2015:

have you finally received your Visa Grant
Still waiting hopefully.....Full of Grace!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tunasmoke: 11:19pm On Jun 28, 2015
I wanna say big thank you to everyone in this section for ur assistance, actually have bn threading this section for long but this would be my first commet. I got my Aussie student visa 2weeks ago without doing any English test. Am so sorry for late testimony had an accident... May the good lord bless everyone of u.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 11:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
tunasmoke:
I wanna say big thank you to everyone in this section for ur assistance, actually have bn threading this section for long but this would be my first commet. I got my Aussie student visa 2weeks ago without doing any English test. Am so sorry for late testimony had an accident... May the good lord bless everyone of u.

Congrats. Care to share your course of study and why/how you did not need an English test?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 11:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
erictack203:
@scrollmeout.

My brother am so sorry, I responded to this your query, I am shocked that it was not posted, weather it was removed or so I just don't understand.. I will re-answer you again even though you have gotten what you want.

I used BCIE at Aba road, I didn't used an agent, I registered online with a total of 38k from PTE website using my ATM card, after 2days, they will place a refund of about 1k. The results are out within 5 business days.

Pls accept my apologies again.

No worries, thank you for responding. I paid 36,800 for the test at the same venue.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 11:31pm On Jun 28, 2015
[quote author=databasecareers post=35252184][/quote

Bank statements wi do just fine. Bank statements and/or tax docs are more credible than reference letters or payslips, in the eyes of DIBP.]

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96