Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,765 members, 7,813,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1044957 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 10:18am On Jun 27, 2015
There may be a mix-up somewhere:

Please can I ask you to respond to the following questions?

1. When does your program ends according to your eCoE and Offer Letter?

2. What date of return after the completion of your studies did you fill on your Visa application form?

This will help us ascertain and respond to your query accurately.

masperano:
Hi people I just received an email from pretoria asking for additional information. They want evidence of OSHC payment till 03/02/20. But it was stated on my eCoE that I ssubmitted that I am on OSHC with Allianz Global assistance till 30/12/2019.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 27, 2015
erictack203:
There may be a mix-up somewhere:
Please can I ask you to respond to the following questions?
1. When does your program ends according to your eCoE and Offer Letter?
2. What date of return after the completion of your studies did you fill on your Visa application form?
This will help us ascertain and respond to your query accurately.

1) thank u, my program ends 30-06-19

2) I think it was around the July 2019
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 10:51am On Jun 27, 2015
chuckdee13:
or have Nigerians started conducting the speaking in Nigeria?!?!?!?

IELTS Speaking test is conducted by Nigerians, and assessed by Nigerians. You are scored right on the spot.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 10:53am On Jun 27, 2015
masperano:
Hi people I just received an email from pretoria asking for additional information. They want evidence of OSHC payment till 03/02/20. But it was stated on my eCoE that I ssubmitted that I am on OSHC with Allianz Global assistance till 30/12/2019

Please contact your scholarship provider to inform them of this development. Pretoria's email only indicate that they want to set your visa expiry date to 03/02/2020 - they are required to issue visa for a specific duration, usually more than 4.5yrs (need to check my visa to confirm this) if one is coming for some sort of research degree (MPhil/PhD I believe) irrespective of program's end date or time of return post-study. Your scholarship provider might ask you to cover the difference.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 27, 2015
FutureDon:

Please contact your scholarship provider to inform them of this development. Pretoria's email only indicate that they want to set your visa expiry date to 03/02/2020 - they are required to issue visa for a specific duration, usually more than 4.5yrs (need to check my visa to confirm this) if one is coming for some sort of research degree (MPhil/PhD I believe) irrespective of program's end date or time of return post-study. Your scholarship provider might ask you to cover the difference.

Argh ok I will do that.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lahify(m): 11:14am On Jun 27, 2015
Hello house, I am a fresh graduate and I would like to live and work in australia please I would really appreciate any
advise on what visa I should apply for or any means to get into australia. Thank you in advance
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chase123: 11:30am On Jun 27, 2015
chuckdee13:
or have Nigerians started conducting the speaking in Nigeria?!?!?!?
yes of course. In Abuja,on my speaking test day all the IELTS examiners who conducted the speaking test were all Nigerians who are staff of British council
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 27, 2015
erictack203:
U must use an Agent for University application, even though the University will still direct u to one. Your TOEFL is fine if it's not more than 2yrs, Google EFINT. They will be the best to help you, they charge less. Also note that University of West Sydney don't need English Language requirement for International Students.

Thank you so much my brother, I really appreciate this response. I researched on EFINT. I also called them and spoke with someone. They're affordable but based in Abuja. I stay in Lagos and i'm considering BCIE. Please do you know BCIE charges?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 11:41am On Jun 27, 2015
Did my induction in 2012. Yes, assessment result is out and I used ICAA. I have applied for visa 190 sef; got NSW nomination.

samuelokwu:
Thanks a lot Pingu 2k5.
Please when did you qualify?
I qualified in 2007 November.
Please did u use ICAA as your assessing body?

Also is you assessment result out ?

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chase123: 11:43am On Jun 27, 2015
chuckdee13:
pls explain how a Nigerian will preside over speaking when its an Australian/British that will talk to u
it happens in Abuja.All the IELTS examiner who rate and score candidates on the speaking test are all Nigerians who are staff of British council.my IELTS examiner for the speaking test was a Nigerian. Am surprise at your question. Haven't you written the test before, you should have known by now the examiners are Nigerians or is there other centers in Nigeria where the IELTS examiners for the speaking test are native English speakers
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 11:58am On Jun 27, 2015
wow...then I guess things have really changed. cos when I did mine a few years back my speaking was done by an Australian lady. I honestly don't wanna see a Nigerian when I do mine soon cos its just gonna look like an interview
bossladymo1:

IELTS Speaking test is conducted by Nigerians, and assessed by Nigerians. You are scored right on the spot.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 12:35pm On Jun 27, 2015
the first IELTS I wrote was in Lagos. I can't really remember if the examiners in reading/listening/writing were Nigerians but the speaking person was a white lady. hence my confusion so pls don't be surprised by my question
chase123:
it happens in Abuja.All the IELTS examiner who rate and score candidates on the speaking test are all Nigerians who are staff of British council.my IELTS examiner for the speaking test was a Nigerian. Am surprise at your question. Haven't you written the test before, you should have known by now the examiners are Nigerians or is there other centers in Nigeria where the IELTS examiners for the speaking test are native English speakers
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BKings: 12:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
chuckdee13:
if ur qualifications have already been assessed then I guess u will get invited before november if u start ASAP.
No they have not. Please how do I start with the assestment?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
This is fine.

Then type a Letter to them, in the Letter quote the relevant particulars the Immigration Board has given to you when sending your correspondence to them:

State in the Letter that:

Your program ends 30th June 2019, and that your OSHC which is arranged from Aliaz Global Assistance is till 30 Dec 2019 which is more than enough to cover you for the duration of your program.

Thus, you will be leaving Australia after the completion of your program on the 30th July 2019 respective.

You have re-attached a copy of evidence of your OSHC for the required duration of your program. Therefore, arrangement for OSHC till 2020 is not necessary since your currently have enough cover plan.

*Please see attached copy of evidence of OSHC arrangement.

Sincerely,

Your sign

Your name.

masperano:

1) thank u, my program ends 30-06-19

2) I think it was around the July 2019
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BKings: 12:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
bossladymo1:

Definitely you can. It depends on the state...but even the state with the longest wait time does not take more than 3 mths. Which state are you looking at? Which occupation? QLD will nominate you within 5 working days sef.
Thanks bossladymo. I am looking at NSW or QLD. Please how do I start?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 12:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
I guess u have to find out what assessing body ur under (u will see them beside ur occupation on the Sol or csol) then u go to their website n see all their requirements,get them n then follow up from there
BKings:
No they have not. Please how do I start with the assestment?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Prince242: 1:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
Dav6:
@prince242 any devt about ticket? Are you in touch with Abikoye any devt? @bellong tanx for the quote God bless...

@bellong many thx for d quotes bro.
@dav6 no update yet frm Abikoye, I guess she's still trying her best to get us booking smiley. But I checked Qatar air, der quote is still cheapest for now.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 1:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
NNBB2012:

Yes, HND is equivalent to Australian Advanced Diploma. You need to check your occupation and assessing body to know the minimum requirement.

Bro, can you revert to my PMs?
Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Bro, can you revert to my PMs?
Thanks
You can send me a mail. I didn't get I really don't know what's wrong.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chookudi(m): 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
Please i need a bit of info..
1. For the courses that were exempted on the ICAN transcript, is it necessary to submit the corresponding ATS result?
2. Is it also necesssary/compulsory to submit letter of good standing?

I ask all these because all we are armed with are the ICAN transcripts and syllabus which will be added to the Bsc accounting transcripts and certificate (which earlier returned a negative assessment).

Your advice will be highly appreciated

pingu2k5:
Did my induction in 2012. Yes, assessment result is out and I used ICAA. I have applied for visa 190 sef; got NSW nomination.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lahify(m): 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
lahify:
Hello house, I am a fresh graduate and I would like to live and work in australia please I would really appreciate any
advise on what visa I should apply for or any means to get into australia. Thank you in advance
pls will someone answer my question I feel like I am being ignored
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
erictack203:
This is fine.
Then type a Letter to them, in the Letter quote the relevant particulars the Immigration Board has given to you when sending your correspondence to them:
State in the Letter that:
Your program ends 30th June 2019, and that your OSHC which is arranged from Aliaz Global Assistance is till 30 Dec 2019 which is more than enough to cover you for the duration of your program.
Thus, you will be leaving Australia after the completion of your program on the 30th July 2019 respective.
You have re-attached a copy of evidence of your OSHC for the required duration of your program. Therefore, arrangement for OSHC till 2020 is not necessary since your currently have enough cover plan.
*Please see attached copy of evidence of OSHC arrangement.
Sincerely,
Your sign
Your name.

Thank you. Should this be done via email?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
Yes!

Reply the email that was sent to you, that email should be your case Officer.

Please don't forget to include to include all the relevant references when replying them (e.g. Transaction reference and so on).

masperano:

Thank you. Should this be done via email?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dav6: 5:30pm On Jun 27, 2015
@prince242 pls wat is Qatar quote?maybe we can compare...I mean there quote that you checked? @Erictack203 GOAJO have hidden fees that they would not tell you until the visa is out which is not less thank $1000-$2000 pls be guided you can inquire further from them ok..pls let that person be guided...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 5:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
Since you don't have work experience, I will advice you to apply to Study Masters program in Australia, with that, you will have the relevant options after your degree, you will be granted post Study Work Visa to gain Oz experience and apply for Residence.

I hope this answers your question?

lahify:
pls will someone answer my question I feel like I am being ignored

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.