Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,134 members, 7,821,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1047934 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrsdee: 6:06pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hello house,

I need your help. I have the underlisted document as proof of my work experience in 3 companies. I need to know if they are sufficient for each of the companies or if I should remove any experience due to inadequate proof.

Company A (1yr)
reference letter
nysc certificate
closed bank account statement

Company B (1 yr 4 months)
appointment letter
salary certificate ( payment in cash)
reference letter
relieving letter

Company C ( 5yrs)
appt letter
reference letter
confirmation letter
promotion letter
payslip
bank statement

Cc. BossladyMo, bellong, manmeta, futuredon, ferdimako
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 6:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
1. Yes, please. I also did ATS. I submitted both my ATS transcript and professional exams transcript to ICAA. Before my assessment was concluded, I was asked the basis for the exemptions, which I replied it's the ATS. I also submitted ATS syllabus.

2. ICAA requires members of professional institutes to provide a letter of good standing from their institute. I'm not sure the other assessing bodies require this. It takes nothing to get this from ICAN so long as there is no outstanding annual subcription payment.

chookudi:
Please i need a bit of info..
1. For the courses that were exempted on the ICAN transcript, is it necessary to submit the corresponding ATS result?
2. Is it also necesssary/compulsory to submit letter of good standing?

I ask all these because all we are armed with are the ICAN transcripts and syllabus which will be added to the Bsc accounting transcripts and certificate (which earlier returned a negative assessment).

Your advice will be highly appreciated

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
bossladymo1:

IELTS Speaking test is conducted by Nigerians, and assessed by Nigerians. You are scored right on the spot.
I don't think they score it on the spot. I believe examiners are different from raters.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lahify(m): 6:20pm On Jun 27, 2015
erictack203:
Since you don't have work experience, I will advice you to apply to Study Masters program in Australia, with that, you will have the relevant options after your degree, you will be granted post Study Work Visa to gain Oz experience and apply for Residence. Thanks a lot. Please do you think that if I have a certificate in a vocational trade in demand would I be considered for pr because the masters programme fee is too exorbitant for me.

I hope this answers your question?

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Prince242: 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
Dav6:
@prince242 pls wat is Qatar quote?maybe we can compare...I mean there quote that you checked? @Erictack203 GOAJO have hidden fees that they would not tell you until the visa is out which is not less thank $1000-$2000 pls be guided you can inquire further from them ok..pls let that person be guided...

1650 USD For dates around mid July.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by henrinco(m): 6:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
mrnilobrawn:
Yeah, the document was posted to my house.
Congratulations Sir.... I wish you the best Aussie experience.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
@timikenzo, Dav6 thanks a lot for your inputs.

timikenzo2:

You are very correct....Goajo has hidden fees of $2k no bargaining.... But only if the visa sails thru and no advance payment till you get your grant.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BKings: 7:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
Dav6:
@prince242 pls wat is Qatar quote?maybe we can compare...I mean there quote that you checked? @Erictack203 GOAJO have hidden fees that they would not tell you until the visa is out which is not less thank $1000-$2000 pls be guided you can inquire further from them ok..pls let that person be guided...
Yes. 2000USD...and they won't tell you unless you ask
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
Visa changes prompt rush of interest in Australia[size=8pt][/size]

by RAY CLANCY on JUNE 24, 2015
in AUSTRALIA IMMIGRATION

Significant immigration policy reforms and visa initiatives in Australia are already generating more interest from people wishing to work in and visit the country.

According to Assistant Immigration Minister Michaelia Cash, amendments to the Work and Holiday visa programme and enhanced Visitor visa products are expected to result in interest in Australia’s northern regions.

VISAUS200
Changes to Australian visa policies are expected to stimulate interest in visitingand working in the country
She predicts that the Government’s much anticipated Northern Australia White Paper will unlock the immense potential in the country’s northern areas and amendments to the visa programmes will play an important role in this expected growth.

The announcement of a 2016 trial offering a 10-year visitor visa for Chinesenationals with a maximum three month stay provision has already prompted huge interest even although it will cost $1000.

A Mandarin Visitor visa lodgement option is to be developed and trialed in 2016. Australia already offers significant Chinese language support for visa lodgement, but Cash said that this new initiative will make it even easier and more convenient for Chinese travellers wanting to visit Australia.

Yet another measure in keeping with the Government’s commitment to streamline processes and cut red tape is the expansion of online lodgement for visitor visas to Chinese and Indian nationals, with a full roll-out in China expected by the end of 2016, and India in 2017.

‘China is Australia’s largest and fastest growing source of tourism and importantly these measures further simplify the visitor visa application process, welcoming repeat visitors,’ Cash explained.

‘These new services will provide fast and flexible travel options to those who require them and will attract high-value travellers who have the potential to inject substantial funds into the Australian economy, in particular Northern Australia,’ she added.

She also pointed out that changes to the popular Working Holiday Maker visas give holders the ability to extend employment by a further six months if they are working in certain industries in the north, allowing for a 12 month period of work with one employer and they also get the ability to acquire eligibility to apply for a second visa if they perform three months’ work in tourism or agriculture in the north.

‘These two initiatives will provide a significant incentive for such visa holders to visit and work in Northern Australia as part of their 12 month visa and this is expected to result in substantial economic benefits,’ added Cash.

Another highly anticipated measure announced as part of the China-Australia Free Trade Agreement is the annual provision of up to 5,000 visa places for young Chinese nationals in Australia’s largest capped Work and Holiday programme.

Set to commence in just a few months, Cash said that it will provide young Chinese adults with a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience Australia through an extended holiday, with the option of undertaking short term work and study.

‘The interest we’ve already received shows the Government and the Department have really hit the mark with this new scheme and have identified a brilliant opportunity to the benefit of both the Australian economy and Chinese nationals alike. Migration programmes have long played an absolutely vital role in Australia’s social and economic success,’ Cash concluded.

[url][/ur
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
Oz sees fall in overseas migration, rise in interstate migration to Victoria

The Australian State of Victoria has become very popular with people from within Australia moving to live and work in the state, but fewer are arriving from abroad, new data shows.

Victoria has recorded its highest net interstate migration in over 40 years, according to figures released today by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS).

dreamstimeextrasmall_11555626
The latest numbers reflect an ongoing trend of increasing population growth for Victoria
Denise Carlton from the ABS said the latest figures from Australian Demographic Statistics, the December Quarter 2014 report, reflected an ongoing trend of increasing population growth for Victoria.

‘Victoria has experienced increasing population growth since 2011, with a net gain of 9,300 people from the rest of Australia in the last year alone,’ she explained.

Most of this increase for Victoria can be attributed to people moving from New South Wales with 2,700 arriving from that State, followed by 2,100 from South Australia, 1,400 from Western Australia and 1,100 from Queensland.

While the population of all states and territories grew over the period, for half of them more people left than arrived from other parts of Australia. One of the largest declines was in Western Australia, which saw its first year of negative net interstate migration since 2002 with a loss of 400 people this year, down from a gain of 5,200 in 2013.

However, fewer people are arriving from overseas with the ABS data showing that net overseas migration figures have continued to decline, with the national total falling by 15% in the last year.

Western Australia saw a near halving of its net overseas migration figures, which dropped from 36,100 in 2013 to 18,900 this year. The waning of the mining boom in Western Australia is believed to have contributed to the significant change in the state’s migration flows and population growth during 2014.

The data also shows that Queensland’s net overseas migration also fell from 35,100 to 24,200, a decline of 31% while the Northern Territory’s figures also fell by over half to 1,900 people.

Overall, Australia’s total population increased by 330,200 people to reach 23.6 million by the end of December 2014, a growth rate of 1.4%.

Over the year, natural increase contributed 146,100 people to Australia’s population, made up of 299,700 births, some 1.8% lower than the previous year, and 153,600 deaths, up 4.7% from the previous year.

In the same period, overseas migration contributed 184,100 people to the population, some 14.8% lower than the previous year, and accounted for 56% of Australia’s total population growth.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 27, 2015
Australian Immigration and Customs departments to merge in July[/size][size=8pt]

From the beginning of July 2015 the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service (ACBPS) is combining with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, creating the new Australian Border Force.

It means that information will be available on a new website and email addresses will also be changed. The new site will be located at www.border.gov.au.

h
The new Australia Border Force will come into being as of July 2015
From 01 July internet searches for immi.gov.au and customs.gov.au will redirect to the new address and the new website will combine information from the Department and ACBPS websites and include new information about the ABF.

The website will have a new look and feel and will be optimised for mobile devices and there will be ongoing updates to the website after 01 July 2015. Some pages will be automatically redirected to the new location, but users will need to fix any broken links, bookmarks or favourites in their systems.

Some other websites owned by the Department will remain in their current form. These include the Minister’s and Assistant Minister’s websites, the Translating and Interpreting Service website and the Office of the MARA website.

Content from other sites owned by the Department will be integrated with the new website. For example, products and information on citizenship, will be moved to the new website.

A spokesman said that applications that are currently accessed using the immi.gov.au or customs.gov.au websites, such as ImmiAccount, VEVO, ICS or the Customs Connect Facility, will not be affected by this change and will continue to function as normal.

‘These changes do not have any immediate effect on visa or citizenship applications or processes. Existing application or any new application will continue to be processed in the same way. The department will continue to assess applications according to our service standards,’ the spokesman explained.

‘Applicants should continue to use the contact details and application numbers provided to them by the department or their case officer. The contact details for the department have not changed and there are no immediate changes to service centre locations,’ he added.

Immigration Minister Peter Dutton said that the ABF will keep Australia’s borders secure for legitimate trade, traveland migration and will work closely with Commonwealth, state and territory and international law enforcement partners

‘The ABF will be the nation’s first line of defence against individuals and networks seeking to undermine our border controls or threaten our community. It will be the operational arm of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection,’ he explained.

‘ABF officers will be supported by the latest technology, and their training will ensure the workforce is capable, responsive and agile,’ he added.

ABF officers will have substantially greater powers than either Customs or Immigration officials have currently. They will carry guns, gather intelligence and have the power to detain offenders. They will be working at airports, shipping hubs, immigration detention centres and on the high seas.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2015
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
erictack203:
Yes!
Reply the email that was sent to you, that email should be your case Officer.
Please don't forget to include to include all the relevant references when replying them (e.g. Transaction reference and so on).

Thank you. Pls i have another question.... the evidence I have is just my eCoE where it is stated the start date and the end date of my OSHC as well as the provider. Should i call my school to send other form of evidence or should i inform my case officer to take a look at the eCoE because I really think she may have missed that info.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
@All

Please let's avoid promoting any agency here.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dav6: 9:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
@masperano u ve been advised accordingly by futuredon check d reply to ur comment...@ erictick203 tanx u are doing a gud job....
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ernestudezi(m): 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
When does your course end?

masperano:
Hi people I just received an email from pretoria asking for additional information. They want evidence of OSHC payment till 03/02/20. But it was stated on my eCoE that I ssubmitted that I am on OSHC with Allianz Global assistance till 30/12/2019.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teeflow09: 10:00pm On Jun 27, 2015
masperano:
Hi people I just received an email from pretoria asking for additional information. They want evidence of OSHC payment till 03/02/20. But it was stated on my eCoE that I ssubmitted that I am on OSHC with Allianz Global assistance till 30/12/2019.

That's like 2months after the end of your programme....abeg gv them what they want oooo
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 10:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
@Mrsdee,

The documents are enough but don't include NYSC certificate.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:26am On Jun 28, 2015
Thanks so much Bkings. I have advised the relevant party to be guided. Thanka again.

BKings:
Yes. 2000USD...and they won't tell you unless you ask
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:28am On Jun 28, 2015
@Dav6, thank you, am loyal. smiley

Dav6:
@masperano u ve been advised accordingly by futuredon check d reply to ur comment...@ erictick203 tanx u are doing a gud job....
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:29am On Jun 28, 2015
Roger that Sir! smiley

justwise:

@All

Please let's avoid promoting any agency here.

Thank you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:34am On Jun 28, 2015
Trust me, there is a mix-up somewhere, you cannot be doing a long OSHC where you must have finished your program and leave the Country.

Your program ends June 30th 2019 and you stated you will be leaving the Country July 30 2019. Thus your OSHC ends Dec 2019. There is a strong accuracy in your current cover.

What to do:

Call your School (Telephone and email) your School should write a Letter as well as other form of evidence from the provider and add them as an attachment including your CoE when replying the Immigration.

If you have any concern, you can still modify your OSHC to meet up with the requested period from the Immigration Board to cut a long story short, extra charges may come from the OSHC provider though.

Let's keep in-torch on this pls.

masperano:

Thank you. Pls i have another question.... the evidence I have is just my eCoE where it is stated the start date and the end date of my OSHC as well as the provider. Should i call my school to send other form of evidence or should i inform my case officer to take a look at the eCoE because I really think she may have missed that info.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 12:43am On Jun 28, 2015
Dav6:

Abi ooo, o sun mi oo (I tire oo).
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 4:09am On Jun 28, 2015
ferdimako:

I don't think they score it on the spot. I believe examiners are different from raters.

From what I read online, it is. If you notice, the examiners write some numbers as you speak. It's only recorded cos they mightneed to re-assess if the client requests.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 4:15am On Jun 28, 2015
mrsdee:
Hello house,

I need your help. I have the underlisted document as proof of my work experience in 3 companies. I need to know if they are sufficient for each of the companies or if I should remove any experience due to inadequate proof.

Company A (1yr)
reference letter
nysc certificate

appointment letter
reference letter
relieving letter

Company C ( 5yrs)
appt letter
reference letter
confirmation letter
promotion letter
payslip
bank statement

How many years of experience are you claiming. The documents you listed are okay. You can also choose to add tax docs if you want.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by manmeta: 6:55am On Jun 28, 2015
mrsdee:
Hello house,

Company A (1yr)
reference letter
nysc certificate

appointment letter
reference letter
relieving letter

Company C ( 5yrs)
appt letter
reference letter
confirmation letter
promotion letter
payslip
bank statement

1. What does your reference letter for Company C say?

2. How many months payslips are you using for Company C?

3. I guess you did NYSC programme at Company A. Do you have any letter stating their request for your placement with them? If you don't, it's not compulsory.

4. To whom are all your reference letters addressed?

5. Could your emoluments be easily traced on your bank statements?

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.