Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,170 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit (2048 Views)

These 2 Nigerian Pastors Don’t Have The Holy Spirit In Them / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Did You Go To Worship God In This Holy Day?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by cosiocan(m): 5:34pm On May 26, 2015
THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
John the Apostle wrote saying, "that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; AND TRULY OUR FELLOWSHIP IS WITH THE FATHER AND WITH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST".
(1 John 1:3)
"For there is only ONE God, and only ONE mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"
(1 Timothy 2:5).
And there is no other God but one and even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), yet for us there is only ONE God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in Him; and only ONE Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(1corinthians 8:5-6).
And all things are of God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who have reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ,
(2Cor 5:18).
Therefore, God the Father is the Person of the Holy Spirit in Christ Jesus; that is, that God is in Christ reconciling the world to Himself.
(2Cor 5:19).
And Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Person of the Holy Spirit in all the saints, because through Him we have access by one Spirit unto the Father
(Ephesians 2:18).
As it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam Christ became a life-giving Spirit.
(1 Corinthians 15:45)
Therefore, Christ is the Holy Spirit and the giver of everlasting life.
By this we know that the Son of God abides in us, we know it by the Holy Spirit whom He has given us. Because he that is joined unto the Lord Jesus Christ is One Spirit with the Lord
(1 John 3:24). (1 Corinthians 6:17)
And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His only begotten Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!”
(Galatians 4:6).
The Holy Spirit is crying out, “Abba, Father!” Because He is the Son of God and He is Our Lord Jesus Christ.
And this is Him who cried in prayer to God saying, “Abba, Father!, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.”
(Mark 14:36)
If the Holy Ghost is another person as you supposed, then he cannot cry out “Abba, Father!
What exactly is a Spirit? According to the Strong’s Concordance, along with many other Greek Dictionaries, a spirit is a “mind.” When God sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, He was sending the mind of His Son into our hearts. God asks us to “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.”
(Philippians 2:5)
The mind, or Spirit, that Christ had was the Spirit of His Father. “For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.”
(John 3:34)
Now the Lord Jesus Christ is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. And if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
( 2 Corinthians 3:17). (Roman 8:9).
"Neither is there salvation in any other person of the Godhead: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
(Acts 4:12).
Therefore examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.
(2 Corinthians 13:5).
Hence, Christ said, "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. And by this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.
(John 15:5). (1John 4:13)
Also Jesus said, “If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.”
(John 14:15-17)
The Holy Ghost is indeed another Comforter because He was no longer flesh and blood, which is the Son of David. But He became a Live giving Spirit, which is the Son of God. Yet He is the same person.
Take a look at a different verse that uses the word "another". “And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man. And it was so, that when he had turned his back to go from Samuel, God gave him another heart: and all those signs came to pass that day.” Another man, yet the same person.
(1 Samuel 10:6, 9)
It is written, "Go you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost" (Matt. 28:19)
But Jesus Christ said, "I am come in my Father's name and ye receive me not" (John 5:43) and in another place He said, "the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name (or my person)". (John 14:26)
There are only two divine names or persons in the whole of the scriptures; the name of the Father and of the Son alone!
Therefore it is obvious that Holy Ghost is not a person of his own but A SPIRIT from God and Jesus is the name or the person of the Holy Spirit.
Don't confuse yourself with letter but learn from the Spirit of Christ.
Hence "Baptising them with the name of the Father and of the son and with the Holy Ghost" is the truth.
According to these passages the Holy Spirit does not come through Christ; rather, Christ himself is this Holy Spirit. (Hermann Gunkel, The Influence of the Holy Spirit: The Popular View of the Apostolic Age and the Teaching of the Apostle Paul, translated by Roy A. Harrisville and Philip A. Quanbeck II (Philadelphia, PA: Fortress Press, 1979), p. 113)

1 Like

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by ITbomb(m): 5:57pm On May 26, 2015
How many school fees have you paid for the less privileged now that you know that Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit

1 Like

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by cosiocan(m): 7:23pm On May 26, 2015
Our inheritance is in heaven. Our arms giving should not only be material but Spiritual. I may not be able to pay their fees but I pray for them
Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by Syncan(m): 10:29pm On May 26, 2015
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by An2elect2(f): 10:41pm On May 26, 2015
Jesus is most definitely the Holy spirit, if He wasn't/ isn't who else will be? CHRIST IN ME THE HOPE OF GLORY.

I HAVE JUST ONE SPIRIT DWELLING IN ME AND THIS SELF SAME SPIRIT DWELLS IN ALL THE SAINTS OF GOD.

1 Like

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by cosiocan(m): 11:05pm On May 26, 2015
@Syncan. The Holy Ghost is indeed another Comforter because He was no longer flesh and blood, which is the Son of David. But He became a Live giving Spirit, which is the Son of God.
Yet He is the same Person. "Hence He said, I will not leave you comfortless or orphans: I will come to you".
And also "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. And by this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.
(John 14:18) (John 15:5). (1John 4:13)

1 Like

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by Syncan(m): 11:42pm On May 27, 2015
@Cosiocan. "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"

Three distinct persons.

1 Like

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by johnydon22(m): 11:54pm On May 27, 2015
An2elect2:
Jesus is most definitely the Holy spirit, if He wasn't/ isn't who else will be? CHRIST IN ME THE HOPE OF GLORY.

I HAVE JUST ONE SPIRIT DWELLING IN ME AND THIS SELF SAME SPIRIT DWELLS IN ALL THE SAINTS OF GOD.

John 14:26
New International Version
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name,
will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to
you.

Uuuhm never knew Jesus was referring to himself here

3 Likes

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by An2elect2(f): 12:05am On May 28, 2015
johnydon22:

John 14:26 New International Version But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
Uuuhm never knew Jesus was referring to himself here
John 14:17-18 King James Version (KJV)

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
You know now...
Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by johnydon22(m): 12:11am On May 28, 2015
An2elect2:

John 14:17-18 King James Version (KJV)

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world
cannot receive, because it seeth him not,
neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for
he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
I will not leave you comfortless: I will
come to you.

You know now...
..lol..
So Jesus now has a character disorder i suppose...Putting up two personalities

Its quite obvious he was referring to a very distinct entity in verse 26.

I think it actually got dumber!!!

1 Like

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by Syncan(m): 12:18am On May 28, 2015
Acts 5:2 -3
and kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

Peter must be the Holy Spirit too. cheesy.

Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by cosiocan(m): 2:04am On May 28, 2015
Take a look at a different verse that uses the word "another". “And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man. And it was so, that when he had turned his back to go from Samuel, God gave him another heart: and all those signs came to pass that day.” Another man, yet the same person.
(1 Samuel 10:6, 9)

1 Like

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by cosiocan(m): 2:06am On May 28, 2015
Christ said, "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. And by this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.
(John 15:5). (1John 4:13)

1 Like

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by Nobody: 6:39am On May 28, 2015
christianity and confusion grin

1 Like

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by cosiocan(m): 8:02am On May 28, 2015
Just as the children of Israel could not understand that Law of Moses. But their minds were blinded.
Even so the world cannot understand the mystery of the gospel of Christ;
"Which is Christ in you, the hope of glory".
But even to this day, when the gospel is read, a veil lies on their heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord Jesus Christ, the veil is taken away.
Now the Lord Jesus Christ is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
( 2 Corinthians 3).

1 Like

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by MizJanet(f): 9:44am On May 28, 2015
Syncan:
Acts 5:2 -3
and kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

Peter must be the Holy Spirit too. cheesy.

Smh.

Syncan ,see hw religion is confusin u and the op . How do u explain this :

" the Lord ( Jesus) is the spirit" 1cor 3:17

Mayb thats another bible contradiction
Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by Syncan(m): 10:08am On May 28, 2015
Jn 16:13-14

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the
truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears,
and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because it
is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.

Very clear, two distinct persons.
Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by Syncan(m): 10:49am On May 28, 2015
MizJanet:

Syncan ,see hw religion is confusin u and the op . How do u explain this :

" the Lord ( Jesus) is the spirit" 1cor 3:17

Mayb thats another bible contradiction

Religion is not confusing us, people speak on subjects based on the degree of knowledge they have on it. There is however the truth and knowing it alone sets one free.

If you read that passage of scripture, Consider what the apostle was discussing about...The veil covering...

2 Corinthians 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

They could claim that God put the veil on them and therefore it cannot be removed. But the Apostle shows that it cannot only be removed, but even that it is removed by him who is the Lord. Hence, he says, now the Lord is the Spirit.

This can be understood in two ways without contradiction.

In one way, so that Spirit is taken as the subject, as though saying: the Spirit, i.e., the Holy Spirit, (namely who is the author of the Law), is the Lord, i.e., works by his own free will: “The Spirit blows where it wills” (Jn. 3:8 ); “The Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills” (1 Cor. 12:11). And where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom; as if to say: because the Spirit is the Lord, he can give freedom to enable us freely to use the writings of the Old Testament without a veil. Therefore, those who do not have the Holy Spirit cannot use it freely: “You were called
to freedom” (Gal. 5:13); “Live as free men, yet without using your freedom as a pretext for
evil” (1 Pet. 2:16).

It can be understood another way so that by the Lord is meant Christ, as though saying: the Lord, i.e., Christ, is Spirit, i.e., has spiritual power. Therefore, where the Spirit of the Lord is, i.e., the law of Christ spiritually understood, not in a written code, but impressed on the heart by faith, there is freedom from every obscurity of the veil.

The apostle did not and cannot have said there that Jesus is the Holy Spirit. That (Jesus) they are eager to fix in there in bracket or otherwise was never in the original copy but can only be inferred, hence the need to infer correctly in line with the teaching of Christ and topic of discussion.
Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by cosiocan(m): 11:33am On May 28, 2015
Syncan:

Religion is not confusing us, people speak on subjects based on the degree of knowledge they have on it. There is however the truth and knowing it alone sets one free.

If you read that passage of scripture, Consider what the apostle was discussing about...The veil covering...

They could claim that God put the veil on them and therefore it cannot be removed. But the Apostle shows that it cannot only be removed, but even that it is removed by him who is the Lord. Hence, he says, now the Lord is the Spirit.

This can be understood in two ways without contradiction.

In one way, so that Spirit is taken as the subject, as though saying: the Spirit, i.e., the Holy Spirit, namely who is the author of the Law, is the Lord, i.e., works by his own free will: “The Spirit blows where it wills” (Jn. 3:8 ); “The Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills” (1 Cor. 12:11). And where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom; as if to say: because the Spirit is the Lord, he can give freedom to enable us freely to use the writings of the Old Testament without a veil. Therefore, those who do not have the Holy Spirit cannot use it freely: “You were called
to freedom” (Gal. 5:13); “Live as free men, yet without using your freedom as a pretext for
evil” (1 Pet. 2:16).

It can be understood another way so that by the Lord is meant Christ, as though saying: the Lord, i.e., Christ, is Spirit, i.e., has spiritual power. Therefore, where the Spirit of the Lord is, i.e., the law of Christ spiritually understood, not in a written code, but impressed on the heart by faith, there is freedom from every obscurity of the veil.

The apostle did not and cannot have said there that Jesus is the Holy Spirit. That (Jesus) they are eager to fix in there in bracket or otherwise was never in the original copy but can only be inferred, hence the need to infer correctly in line with the teaching of Christ and topic of discussion.
How do you explain this Doctrine of Apostle Paul to Timothy?

"For there is only ONE God, and only ONE mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"

If the Holy Spirit is another person of Godhead
Why was not the name of your third person of Godhead mentioned?

1 Like

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by Syncan(m): 11:50am On May 28, 2015
cosiocan:

How do you explain this Doctrine of Apostle Paul to Timothy?

If the Holy Spirit is another person of Godhead
Why was not the name of your third person of Godhead mentioned?

See the way you avoid light and remain where you are. I quoted this earlier, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," a place where Jesus himself mentioned the three distinct persons, but you turned a blind eye to it, now you want St Paul to add Holy Spirit when talking about the particular office of Christ which is reconciling man with God. The Holy Spirit always has His specific role.
Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by cosiocan(m): 1:09pm On May 28, 2015
Syncan:

See the way you avoid light and remain where you are. I quoted this earlier, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," a place where Jesus himself mentioned the three distinct persons, but you turned a blind eye to it, now you want St Paul to add Holy Spirit when talking about the particular office of Christ which is reconciling man with God. The Holy Spirit always has His specific role.
Jesus Christ said, "I am come in my Father's name and ye receive me not" (John 5:43) and in another place He said, "the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name (or my person)". (John 14:26)
There are only two divine names or persons in the whole of the scriptures; the name of the Father and of the Son alone!
Therefore it is obvious that Holy Ghost is not a person of his own but A SPIRIT from God and Jesus is the name or the person of the Holy Spirit.
Don't confuse yourself with letter but learn from the Spirit of Christ. "Baptising with the name of the Father and of the son and with the Holy Ghost" is the truth.
Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by kuss: 2:24pm On May 28, 2015
the holy spirit is the spirit of christ
and the spirit of christ is christ
there is n differnt between you and your spirit
Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by Syncan(m): 3:03pm On May 28, 2015
cosiocan:

Jesus Christ said, "I am come in my Father's name and ye receive me not" (John 5:43) and in another place He said, "the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name (or my person)". (John 14:26)
Don't confuse yourself with letter but learn from the Spirit of Christ. "Baptising with the name of the Father and of the son and with the Holy Ghost" is the truth.

See how you confuse yourself? From your own quotes, Christ came in the Father's name yet you call him a person different from the father, but the Holy spirit will be sent in Christ name yet you can't call him a different person.

Jesus: In the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit.

Cosiocan: No you are wrong Jesus, there are only two persons, the father and the son.

1 Like

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by Syncan(m): 3:28pm On May 28, 2015
Syncan:
Jn 16:13-14

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the
truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears,
and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because it
is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.

Very clear, two distinct persons.

And you'll not see the above...as usual.
Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by Scholar8200(m): 3:44pm On May 28, 2015
Matthew 10: 19,20 hear Jesus speaking-
19 But when they deliver you up, do not be anxious about how or what you are to speak; for what you are to say will be given you in that very hour and [f]moment,

20 For it is not you who are speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. This is still referring to the Holy Spirit

John 1:32,33
32 John gave further evidence, saying, I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and it dwelt on Him [never to depart].
[The Spirit descended on Jesus Christ after baptism-Two Persons here!]

And I did not know Him nor recognize Him, but He Who sent me to baptize [j]in (with) water said to me, Upon Him Whom you shall see the Spirit descend and remain, that One is He Who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.
Jesus is the One that baptizes with the Holy Spirit

You need to understand that just as Jesus did not come in His Own Name but that of the Father, the Holy Spirit also did not come in His Name but that of the Son. See the following:

John 5:43
43 I have come in My Father’s name and with His power, and you do not receive Me [your hearts are not open to Me, you give Me no welcome]; but if another comes in his own name and his own power and with no other authority but himself, you will receive him and give him your approval.

John 17:6
I have manifested Your Name [I have revealed Your very Self, Your real Self] to the people whom You have given Me out of the world.

(The Holy Spirit was sent also to reveal Jesus' Name -His Very Self both to and in the believers)

Paul alluded to this is Galatians 1:16
16 To reveal (unveil, disclose) His Son within me so that I might proclaim Him among the Gentiles (the non-Jewish world) as the glad tidings (Gospel), immediately I did not confer with flesh and blood [did not consult or counsel with any frail human being or communicate with anyone].

The Son is revealed in us by the Spirit hence it would be superficial to dwell on just the peripheral gifts, tongues etc; this was the primary purpose of the Spirit's coming.

Take note of in Whose Name the Spirit was to come:

26 But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.
(all quotes from AMP version)

This clarifies it. Hence the Relationship between true believers and the Spirit is no different from that that was between Christ and the 12 but in a spiritual, deeper and more intimate level.
Also see Revelations 1:4,5

4 This letter is from John to the seven churches in the province of Asia.[c]

Grace and peace to you from the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come; from the sevenfold Spirit[d] before his throne; 5 and from Jesus Christ. He is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the ruler of all the kings of the world. This two verses (from NLT) specifically points out Three Distinct Personalities!

1 Like

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by cosiocan(m): 5:13pm On May 28, 2015
Scholar8200:
19 But when they deliver you up, do not be anxious about how or what you are to speak; for what you are to say will be given you in that very hour and [f]moment,

20 For it is not you who are speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. This is still referring to the Holy Spirit

32 John gave further evidence, saying, I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and it dwelt on Him [never to depart].

And I did not know Him nor recognize Him, but He Who sent me to baptize [j]in (with) water said to me, Upon Him Whom you shall see the Spirit descend and remain, that One is He Who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.

You need to understand that just as Jesus did not come in His Own Name but that of the Father, the Holy Spirit also did not come in His Name but that of the Son. See the following:

43 I have come in My Father’s name and with His power, and you do not receive Me [your hearts are not open to Me, you give Me no welcome]; but if another comes in his own name and his own power and with no other authority but himself, you will receive him and give him your approval.

I have manifested Your Name [I have revealed Your very Self, Your real Self] to the people whom You have given Me out of the world.

(The Holy Spirit was sent also to reveal Jesus' Name -His Very Self both to and in the believers)

16 To reveal (unveil, disclose) His Son within me so that I might proclaim Him among the Gentiles (the non-Jewish world) as the glad tidings (Gospel), immediately I did not confer with flesh and blood [did not consult or counsel with any frail human being or communicate with anyone].

The Son is revealed in us by the Spirit hence it would be superficial to dwell on just the peripheral gifts, tongues etc; this was the primary purpose of the Spirit's coming.

26 But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.

This clarifies it. Hence the Relationship between true believers and the Spirit is no different from that that was between Christ and the 12 but in a spiritual, deeper and more intimate level.

Grace and peace to you from the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come; from the sevenfold Spirit[d] before his throne; 5 and from Jesus Christ. He is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the ruler of all the kings of the world. This two verses (from NLT) specifically points out Three Distinct Personalities!

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by cosiocan(m): 5:14pm On May 28, 2015
Scholar8200:

What exactly is a Spirit? According to the Strong’s
Concordance, along with many other Greek
Dictionaries, a spirit is a “mind.” When God sent
forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, He was
sending the mind, or thinking of His Son into our
hearts. God asks us to “Let this mind be in you,
which was also in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 2:5) The
mind, or Spirit, that Christ had was the Spirit of His
Father. “For he whom God hath sent speaketh the
words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by
measure unto him.” (John 3:34) Let us examine what
the Bible says about a spirit.

1 Like

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by Scholar8200(m): 5:26pm On May 28, 2015
cosiocan:

What exactly is a Spirit? According to the Strong’s
Concordance, along with many other Greek
Dictionaries, a spirit is a “mind.” When God sent
forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, He was
sending the mind, or thinking of His Son into our
hearts. God asks us to “Let this mind be in you,
which was also in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 2:5) The
mind, or Spirit, that Christ had was the Spirit of His
Father. “For he whom God hath sent speaketh the
words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by
measure unto him.” (John 3:34) Let us examine what
the Bible says about a spirit.
Then explain Acts 13:2 One day as these men were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Dedicate Barnabas and Saul for the special work to which I have called them.
Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by cosiocan(m): 6:43pm On May 28, 2015
Scholar8200:
Then explain Acts 13:2 One day as these men were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Dedicate Barnabas and Saul for the special work to which I have called them.
Who actually called Barnabas and Saul?
Paul, an apostle, called ( not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead.
(Galatians 1:1)
Hence, Paul denied or was ignorant, if there be any third person of his calling.
But the truth is that there is no third person. Jesus Christ was the Holy Ghost that called them.
Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by cosiocan(m): 7:18pm On May 28, 2015
Syncan:

See how you confuse yourself? From your own quotes, Christ came in the Father's name yet you call him a person different from the father, but the Holy spirit will be sent in Christ name yet you can't call him a different person.

Jesus: In the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit.

Cosiocan: No you are wrong Jesus, there are only two persons, the father and the son.

The Father is name or the person or (the Will at work) of the Holy Ghost in Christ. And our Lord Jesus is the name or the person or (the Will at work) of the Holy Ghost in us. And the Holy Ghost is A Spirit and not a person.
#for there is one Body of Christ and one Spirit of Christ#
And #A body without a spirit is dead#
Therefore Jesus has one Body and one Spirit with the Father. And of the fullness of his Spirit we have all received.
Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by Syncan(m): 8:08pm On May 28, 2015
cosiocan:

The Father is name or the person or (the Will at work) of the Holy Ghost in Christ. And our Lord Jesus is the name or the person or (the Will at work) of the Holy Ghost in us. And the Holy Ghost is A Spirit and not a person.
#for there is one Body of Christ and one Spirit of Christ#
And #A body without a spirit is dead#
Therefore Jesus has one Body and one Spirit with the Father. And of the fullness of his Spirit we have all received.

Hahahaha, keep struggling to stand on sinking sand. Jesus was very clear on the three distinct persons when he said " "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,".

For Heaven's sake, the master mentioned "in the names" of three distinct persons, using "and" and "the" to distinguish them.

1 Like

Re: Christ Himself Is This Holy Spirit by johnw74: 1:45am On Jun 07, 2015
Syncan:

See how you confuse yourself? From your own quotes, Christ came in the Father's name yet you call him a person different from the father,

cosiocan is right, the Son is a diffrent person to the Father, duh anyone home

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

God is the Father, the Word became the Son.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayer Points... / What Is The Essence Of Life, When All Of Us Will Die. / This Man Made God Called God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.