Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? (2899 Views)

Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow / Top 10 Funniest Replies To why Didn't You Go To Church Today (Hillarious Photos) / Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:16pm On May 27, 2015
Why didn't Solomon follow his own advice on women? If Solomon was so wise, why was he so foolish in regards to women?
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 27, 2015
AJUJU!
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by MaziOmenuko: 12:39pm On May 27, 2015
Solomon had 700 + 300 women attending to his needs; that's why he was the wisest man in the bible.

Everyday fvcking opens your mind and keep you mentally, physically and psychologically sound. It is a proven and trusted theory.

And when the fvcking is done with assorted women: white, black, negro, hispanic, asian, jew, afrikan...then a genius is born.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Orunto: 12:44pm On May 27, 2015
Solomon is a Warning to Professors, Prophets, Priests, Preachers and all Professionals to always practise what they preach.
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Scholar8200(m): 12:55pm On May 27, 2015
Like he pointed out in Ecclesiastes, he was trying to determine what mattered in life. "And whatsoever mine eyes desired I kept not from them, I withheld not my heart from any joy; for my heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of all my labour. Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 2:10-11).

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:06pm On May 27, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Solomon had 700 + 300 women attending to his needs; that's why he was the wisest man in the bible.

Everyday fvcking opens your mind and keep you mentally, physically and psychologically sound. It is a proven and trusted theory.

And when the fvcking is done with assorted women: white, black, negro, hispanic, asian, jew, afrikan...then a genius is born.

Are you now a genius or a genius in the making? undecided
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:06pm On May 27, 2015
Orunto:

Solomon is a Warning to Professors, Prophets, Priests, Preachers and all Professionals to always practise what they preach.

Good point. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:08pm On May 27, 2015
Scholar8200:

Like he pointed out in Ecclesiastes, he was trying to determine what mattered in life. "And whatsoever mine eyes desired I kept not from them, I withheld not my heart from any joy; for my heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of all my labour. Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 2:10-11).

When did Solomon write this, was it when he was still young or in his old age?
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:09pm On May 27, 2015
missclasssy:

AJUJU!

Can you please interpret this grammar ma? cheesy
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by MaziOmenuko: 4:13pm On May 27, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Are you now a genius or a genius in the making? undecided

Consult your 'answers-in-genesis'

I guess it has answers to all questions you seek.
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:31pm On May 27, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Consult your 'answers-in-genesis'

I guess it has answers to all questions you seek.

Of cause, the answer is in the Bible but what's your opinion?
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by MaziOmenuko: 4:51pm On May 27, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Of cause, the answer is in the Bible but what's your opinion?

MaziOmenuko:

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Orunto: 5:10pm On May 27, 2015
Thanks. Also David gave his advice after his experience. He later told us that the end of everything was to fear God.
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:17pm On May 27, 2015
Orunto:

Thanks. Also David gave his advice after his experience. He later told us that the end of everything was to fear God.

Did you know that those women caused Solomon to turn his heart away from God to other gods in his old age?
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by gatiano(m): 5:22pm On May 27, 2015
The ahkenazi jews were very good liars. They have been lying since the day God made them. Solomon was wise, but other allegations were just or fabrications. That is why You need both the Bible and the Quran. The Bible verifies the Quran, The Quran verifies the Bible.

Surah 2:102
2:102 And they follow what the devils fabricated against the kingdom of Solomon. And Solomon disbelieved not, but the devils disbelieved, teaching men enchantment. And it was not revealed to the two angels in Babel, Harut and Marut. Nor did they teach (it to) anyone, so that they should have said, We are only a trial, so disbelieve not. But they learn from these two (sources) that by which they make a distinction between a man and his wife. And they cannot hurt with it anyone except with Allah’s permission. And they learn that which harms them and profits them not. And certainly they know that he who buys it has no share of good in the Hereafter. And surely evil is the price for which they have sold their souls, did they but know!

If at this moment, A Blackman or A Blackwoman does not know or have a clear knowledge of the differences between God, and Man, and Mankind, and devil, Then such a person needs to go find the knowledge for his'/her and childrens good.
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 27, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

You are right my brother. Enough Fuccking helps maintain a sane mind.

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 27, 2015
Orunto:

Warning in what sense?
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 27, 2015
gatiano:
The ahkenazi jews were very good liars. They have been lying since the day God made them. Solomon was wise, but other allegations were just or fabrications. That is why You need both the Bible and the Quran. The Bible verifies the Quran, The Quran verifies the Bible.

2:102 And they follow what the devils fabricated against the kingdom of Solomon. And Solomon disbelieved not, but the devils disbelieved, teaching men enchantment. And it was not revealed to the two angels in Babel, Harut and Marut. Nor did they teach (it to) anyone, so that they should have said, We are only a trial, so disbelieve not. But they learn from these two (sources) that by which they make a distinction between a man and his wife. And they cannot hurt with it anyone except with Allah’s permission. And they learn that which harms them and profits them not. And certainly they know that he who buys it has no share of good in the Hereafter. And surely evil is the price for which they have sold their souls, did they but know!

If at this moment, A Blackman or A Blackwoman does not know or have a clear knowledge of the differences between God, and Man, and Mankind, and devil, Then such a person needs to go find the knowledge for his'/her and childrens good.

Be an you point at the tomb of Solomon?
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by gatiano(m): 5:40pm On May 27, 2015
I didn't get your question
ifeness:

Be an you point at the tomb of Solomon?
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Scholar8200(m): 5:47pm On May 27, 2015
gatiano:

I don't understand you very well but Solomon actually did all these. There were no lies as certain occurrences stand out as historical milestones pointing:

1. He himself alluded to living such a life in Ecclesiastes;

Ecclesiastes 2:10,11

I denied myself nothing my eyes desired;
I refused my heart no pleasure.
My heart took delight in all my labor,
and this was the reward for all my toil.
11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done
and what I had toiled to achieve,
everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
nothing was gained under the sun.

2. The kingdom was rent from Solomon's son Rehoboam leaving just one tribe left under him as a result of the prophecy that came because of Solomon's sins.
1 Kings 11:10,11,31
10 Although he had forbidden Solomon to follow other gods, Solomon did not keep the Lord’s command. 11 So the Lord said to Solomon, “Since this is your attitude and you have not kept my covenant and my decrees, which I commanded you, I will most certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your subordinates.
31 Then he said to Jeroboam, “Take ten pieces for yourself, for this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘See, I am going to tear the kingdom out of Solomon’s hand and give you ten tribes.

3. Long after his death, Nehemiah still referred to it.
Nehemiah 13:26
26 Was it not because of marriages like these that Solomon king of Israel sinned? Among the many nations there was no king like him. He was loved by his God, and God made him king over all Israel, but even he was led into sin by foreign women.

All these are true, there is no lie here!
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Judas2013: 5:48pm On May 27, 2015
Solomon never existed. If he did, where is his burial tomb?
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Scholar8200(m): 5:50pm On May 27, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

When did Solomon write this, was it when he was still young or in his old age?
At old age. The book of Ecclesiastes speaks of past actions of the preacher.
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Scholar8200(m): 5:52pm On May 27, 2015
Judas2013:
Solomon never existed. If he did, where is his burial tomb?
No tribe can successfully show you the burial tomb of their ancestors that were Solomon's contemporaries.970 - 931 BC! This does not mean they didnt exist!
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Judas2013: 5:54pm On May 27, 2015
Scholar8200:
No tribe can successfully show you the burial tomb of their ancestors that were Solomon's contemporaries.970 - 931 BC! This does not mean they didnt exist!

Have been to Egypt? Ok what about the tomb of Jesus? The bible claimed there are burial tombs of the kings. Where us that located?
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Scholar8200(m): 5:56pm On May 27, 2015
Judas2013:

Have been to Egypt? Ok what about the tomb of Jesus? The bible claimed there are burial tombs of the kings. Where us that located?
Note that I only mentioned Solomon's contemporaries 970-931 BC. I suggest we keep to the purpose of the thread though.
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Judas2013: 5:57pm On May 27, 2015
Scholar8200:

Note that I only mentioned Solomon's contemporaries 970-931 BC.

No proof this character ever existed. The Jews are feeding us with Hollywood characters. No statue nor painting?

Julie's Ceaser had statues. Why couldn't the wisest man in the world?
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Orunto: 6:02pm On May 27, 2015
Yes, but before he gave those advice. Solomon made Heaven, so he might have repented. He suffered punishment for his sins by dying yonger that David, his father. David died in his seventies while Solo died in his sixties.
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Judas2013: 6:04pm On May 27, 2015
Orunto:
Yes, but before he gave those advice. Solomon made Heaven, so he might have repented. He suffered punishment for his sins by dying yonger that David, his father. David died in his seventies while Solo died in his sixties.

Do you have evidence of these statements?
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Scholar8200(m): 6:11pm On May 27, 2015
Judas2013:

No proof this character ever existed. The Jews are feeding us with Hollywood characters. No statue nor painting?

Julie's Ceaser had statues. Why couldn't the wisest man in the world?
Julius Caesar(100-44BC) lived centuries after Solomon-about 800years after!. By the way, Israel, unlike Italy was a nation that was in and out of captivity. They recently regrouped in 1948. Before each captivity, most of their memorabilias were destroyed eg
2 Chronicles 36:19,20
19 They set fire to God’s temple and broke down the wall of Jerusalem; they burned all the palaces and destroyed everything of value there.

20 He carried into exile to Babylon the remnant, who escaped from the sword, and they became servants to him and his successors until the kingdom of Persia came to power.
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by gatiano(m): 6:18pm On May 27, 2015
From the Quran 6th Chapter.
6:82 Those who believe and mix not up their faith with iniquity — for them is security and they go aright.

6:83 And this was Our argument which We gave to Abraham against his people. We exalt in degrees whom We please. Surely thy Lord is Wise, Knowing.

6:84 And We gave him Isaac and Jacob. Each did We guide; and Noah did We guide before, and of his descendants, David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron. And thus do We reward those who do good (to others):

6:85 And Zacharias and John and Jesus and Elias; each one (of them) was of the righteous,

6:86 And Ishmael and Elisha and Jonah and Lot; and each one (of them) We made to excel the people;

6:87 And some of their fathers and their descendants and their brethren. And We chose them and guided them to the right way.

6:88 This is Allah’s guidance wherewith He guides whom He pleases of His servants. And if they had associated others (with Him), all that they did would have been vain.

Pay attention to verses 87 and 88 above.

And truely, Solomon did possess some powers, AND they were all under the guidance of god. as written in-
Surah 21:81 -82
21:81 And to Solomon (We subdued) the wind blowing violent, pursuing its course by His command to the land which We had blessed, and We are ever Knower of all things.

21:82 And of the devils there were those who dived for him and did other work besides that; and We kept guard over them:

And there are other instances in the Quran where Solomon was vindicated. You go on to check for yourself.

Solomon as powerful compare to other kngdoms and countries of His time as united states is to other countries today.
Finally, jinn, devils, are all mankind. There are no scary beast as you may be thinking, and perhaps they were, but they were all made from the genetic materials of mankind and maybe of Men too.

Scholar8200:
I don't understand you very well but Solomon actually did all these. There were no lies as certain occurrences stand out as historical milestones pointing:

All these are true, there is no lie here!
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:24pm On May 27, 2015
Scholar8200:

At old age. The book of Ecclesiastes speaks of past actions of the preacher.

If that was the case see what was recorded of Solomon in his old age:

"And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart. For it came to pass, when Solomon was old that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father. For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites. And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father. Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon. And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods. And the Lord was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice, And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the LORD commanded. Wherefore the LORD said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and give it to thy servant". - 1 Kings 11:3-11
Re: Why Didn't Solomon Follow His Own Advice On Women? by Orunto: 6:28pm On May 27, 2015
Please give me time to provide the evidence. Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Satan worshippers builds Baphomet Statue In USA, christians protest / Undeniable Facts That Proves That Bible Is From God. SCREENSHOT. / The Son Of God(or God) Came To Earth Cant Read Or Write

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.