Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Photos: Satan worshippers builds Baphomet Statue In USA, christians protest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Photos: Satan worshippers builds Baphomet Statue In USA, christians protest (2899 Views)

Temple Of The Most High God Ogun: Satan Is ‘Brother’, Worshippers Served Alcohol / Christians Protest DSS Plan To Arrest Apostle Suleman In Ekiti State(photos) / Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Satan worshippers builds Baphomet Statue In USA, christians protest by acadollar(m): 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
Source: Times magazine
http://time.com/3972713/detroit-satanic-statue-baphomet/

Dozens of protesters gathered in Detroit to protest the unveiling ceremony of a controversial bronze Baphomet statue by the Satanic Temple. When the one-ton goat-headed statue was finally exposed, supporters welcomed it, and cheered "Hail Satan!"
The Satanic Temple kept the location of the unveiling of the colossal monument secret until the last moment, emailing the information to ticket holders only. The group received threats that protesters would allegedly blow it up or burn it down, according to the Raw Story.

On Saturday, about a hundred people reportedly gathered across the street from Bert’s Marketplace, where the Satanic Temple had originally planned to unveil the statue. It’s a vexed issue that has driven a wedge between local residents.

"The last thing we need in Detroit is having a welcome home party for evil," Reverend Dave Bullock, a pastor at Greater St. Matthew Baptist Church in Highland Park, Michigan told Reuters.

“This unveiling will not happen in the City of Detroit on my watch,” Bishop Corletta Vaughn of the Holy Ghost Cathedral in Detroit told the Free Press at Saturday’s protest. “I’m here to stand against this being in the City of Detroit. We will not turn over our city to Satanists. It’s a violent spirit that’s moving to the city and infiltrating that place. We will drive them out of Dodge.”

“Satan has no place in this city, or any other city,” another protestor, James Bluford of Rochester Hills, added.

Photos by the Free Press, feature some protesters wearing T-shirts with the caption saying “Jesus.” Martin C. Tutwiler of Oak Park reportedly said the Satanic Temple was forcing the statute on the city because “they think we’re down as a city.”

Re: Photos: Satan worshippers builds Baphomet Statue In USA, christians protest by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
In my opinion, God is real, therefore, satan is
real. In my opinion, there IS a HEAVEN,
therefore, there is a hell. For those of you who
don't believe in God, just remember one
thing...........on your dying day, IF you end up
going to hell and don't want to live eternity
there, then call out God's name, ask him to
forgive you, to forgive you for all of your sins,
ask him for one last chance, and maybe he'll
reach down to you and lift you up to heaven.
Just don't say the words, you have to mean
them.
I've watched countless testimonials of people
who have had near death experiences (NDE),
have died and either gone to heaven and met
Jesus or gone to hell where there is total
darkness with people screaming and demons
making growling noises. Sounds like a movie,
right? but, with all the research I've done on
NDE, I'd rather believe there is a God than to
NOT and then end up in hell. I want to be
heaven bound.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Satan worshippers builds Baphomet Statue In USA, christians protest by Paulpaulpaul(m): 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
God have mercy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Satan worshippers builds Baphomet Statue In USA, christians protest by acadollar(m): 6:06am On Jul 29, 2015
Paulpaulpaul:
God have mercy.
Yea so pathetic...

1 Like

Re: Photos: Satan worshippers builds Baphomet Statue In USA, christians protest by acadollar(m): 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Be Careful Of The Shoes You Buy: See What Was Seen On This Shoe. / How You Know Your Pastor Just Scammed You. / Enjoy Your Lives, There Is No Much To It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.