Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,284 members, 7,846,293 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity (19994 Views)

My Friends Wife Lied About Her Virginity. / My Husband Thinks I Lied 2 Him About My Virginity Bcz I Didnt Bleed The 1st Time / My Husband Doesn't Blv I Lost My Virginity To Him.it's Hurtful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by busybodi: 5:16am On Feb 17, 2009
~Sissy~:

must  they have to dress like mgbeka feeling funkies  all just to prove their virginity

that doctor should be arrested and charged with sexual fingering of those girls.

yeye pple  angry  must the bleeping whole world they are freaking virgins

virginity my black ass sad

thank you oooo,i know a lot of virgins dat if u see their dress sense,u wouldnt believe dis girls are virgins,they try to dress d opposite of wat they r

look at dis girls dressing like my mum,when she was still doing shakara in d 40's undecided

nansense
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by jasblack: 6:15am On Feb 17, 2009
get your e-currencies at a cheaper rate at http://e-currency.conimo.com
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by busybodi: 7:30am On Feb 17, 2009
jasblack:

get a life at a cheaper rate at http://e-get-a-life-oniranu.com angry
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by kcbaba(m): 8:34am On Feb 17, 2009
Pls they should go get married cos they beautiful, if them no get guy am here for any one to call me 08025971333
am 1 like them. 07031389929, 07040070997
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by pureminded: 8:41am On Feb 17, 2009
why dem no go be virgin ? u no see say all of dem no fine ni ? who go toast dose wowo ffins not to talk of inserting sim into their phone lipsrsealed But well sha , no matter hw woman wowo , she go still get one guy wey go dey die for am like mad grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by smooooooth: 8:57am On Feb 17, 2009
abeg make una sharrap. what makes most of una fine pass this girls if not for una artificial make up. the pageant is to promote virginity and naturality, so it wld have been stupid to have heavy make ups on their faces, those girls dnt look bad. if any girl doubts me hia, then upload a pic of you without make up. make we see whether this internet no go scatter.

this pageant is a good thing, it will encourage more girls to keep their virginity so they can be part of it. it is sending a positive signal to the young ones. i support them.

and its not because they've not had opportunities,like most of y'all think, they have only being able to exercise self control and restrain, what most of una lack. berra bury your head in shame instead of embarrasing your selves even more.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by sunnym(m): 9:04am On Feb 17, 2009
Hmmm! Come 2010, i will go for virginity stitch in other to contest.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by demystify(f): 9:27am On Feb 17, 2009
So how did they come up with the winner, first and second runner ups?
was it by detecting the level of virginity?

fully a virgin = winner
half virgin = 1st runner
1/3 virgin = 2nd runner

I don't see the point in this naivety at all.
It's a good thing, there are so many ways to encourage abstinence and keeping one's self but exactly not through this channel.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by deols(f): 9:53am On Feb 17, 2009
Uhmnn Nigerians, when we heard of a 13 yr old father, we blame the west for their high immorality rate and now someone's trying to encourage morality and there are still people to rain abuses. what actually do we think is right.

Those who think the girls arent beautiful have their definition of what beauty is. Exposed body parts,sexy clothings,indecent dressing? now i understand. But i sure know this girls arent less beautiful than many of your girlfriends.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Phoenixxx: 9:59am On Feb 17, 2009
This occasion looks like a " House girl" convention. The Setting is very shabby and the girls look like orcs; virgin my --s if they are virgins then I'm the pope
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by pureminded: 10:05am On Feb 17, 2009
@demystify - Thank you Jare
@Phoenixxx - abi o
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by spikedcylinder: 10:19am On Feb 17, 2009
I wonder if all the men supporting this pageant would be making so much noise if they were all asked to submit themselves for virginity tests. undecided
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by presido1: 10:33am On Feb 17, 2009
deols:

Uhmnn Nigerians, when we heard of a 13 yr old father, we blame the west for their high immorality rate and now someone's trying to encourage morality and there are still people to rain abuses. what actually do we think is right.

Those who think the girls arent beautiful have their definition of what beauty is. Exposed body parts,sexy clothings,indecent dressing? now i understand. But i sure know this girls arent less beautiful than many of your girlfriends.
Thanks you very much.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by smooooooth: 10:38am On Feb 17, 2009
true beauty is in character,discipline,self control and morality. this one's have really distinquished themselves, cos when we thot all hope was lost in finding true beauty, now guys have hope to wait, for true beautiful virgins, as this pageant will encourage more of them to crawl out of their hiding. cheesy

@spike. most guys are not as rotten as you may think, i really wish they cld come up with a male virginity contest too, u will be surprised at the crowd. i think i may emerge the winner. tongue
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by spikedcylinder: 10:49am On Feb 17, 2009
@ smooooth

Most girls are not as rotten as you think. tongue
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by demystify(f): 10:59am On Feb 17, 2009
I don't agree with those trying to define beauty based on the way the ladies are dressed. . . it far not matured.

It's a good thing to promote/encourage people to abstain bcus it helps to reduce unplanned preggies, STIs and others.
But this channel is way too hypocritical.  How do they intend to make non-virgins feel? One thing we have to know is that not everybody lost his/her virginity thru mutual consensus. . . some people lost it thru rape/sexual abuse et all.

This particular action is like trying to label people holy and others evil/morally impede which is discriminative and aint going to bring any positive result or unity.

What does these virgin pageants stand to gain? good husbands? easy entry to heaven? ticket to better jobs?
Do we know anything about them aside the fact that they are nation-wide known virgins? Being a virgin does not quarantee anything. . . there's more to life than just the virginity.

So, do they care about the feelings of those that lost the contest?

Again, i say there are so many ways to promote such but not this kinda style.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by smooooooth: 11:13am On Feb 17, 2009
spikedcylinder:

@ smooooth

Most girls are not as rotten as you think. tongue

are u trying to say u a virgin  just like me  cheesy
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Okijajuju1(m): 11:15am On Feb 17, 2009
If these girls were anything in the class of "Agbani Derego", "Bianca Ono" e.t.c, then I would be impressed because you know that a multitude of people would want to hit that, but these girl are "BUTT UGLY".
I am certain that most of those girls would give a hymen to get laid. I am not even remotely turned by those girls at all. And who the hell sponsored that pageant?? WHo was in charge of costume?? Who did their make-up?? Those girls make virginity look like a curse.

I dont know what they intended to achieve with this charade but I for one am not impressed. Bring me a smoking hot chick of consentual age that is a virgin and then I will be interested.

Most girls loose their hymen to things like rape, peer-pressure or consentual sex. These girls dont look like people anyone would want to rape, I doubt they have friends so there goes the peer-pressure part. Now we are left with the consentual part, whic needs two people to take effect and I doubt there is any man out there who would want to hit that when there are better alternatives.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by thetruth90: 11:16am On Feb 17, 2009
@jasblack

busy_bodi:

get a life at a cheaper rate at http://e-get-a-life-oniranu.com angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by debosky(m): 11:20am On Feb 17, 2009
I am sure there are government-funded programs to do this very important work on health issues.  I see this (miss Virginity) as a community effort.
madam I have no problem with community effort -I feel this is misdirected.

The contest says Miss Virginity.  If you choose to compete knowing you are not a virgin then you  cause embarrassment upon yourself.  Morality begins with the teachings from our parents.  The award simple says “  we are glad that we can set an example to the younger generation and  encourage them to live a “healthier” lifestyle
I have already shown that this isn't necessarily the case - what if people keep virginity but engage in daily anal sex? Is that healthier?  undecided

So Beyonce won the Grammy for album of year… . .the message is??  To hell with the other artists or let’s discriminate the others. . .bunch of inferiors.  I DON’T THINK SO.  Hope you catch my drift
Sorry dear, that is a completely inappropriate analogy.

Beyonce won a Grammy for ACHIEVEMENT - for Working hard and using her talents to achieve something. That is not discriminating, this is saying USE YOUR TALENT, WORK HARD. What is Miss Virginity saying? Keep a piece of flesh (regardless of what else you do) and you are better than someone else. That is wrong. There are people born without hymens - how do you now classify those? What about people who lose theirs through sport??

You seem to support the value of virginity yet you are unaware of the positive effects.  I think the idea is to prove that you are a virgin for that particular pageant(specific date) Ever heard of Pageant rules and regulations?  I am sure Miss Virginity has rules and regulations.  I am assuming Miss Virginity will lose her crown if she gets pregnant b4 her reign is up. Then again choosing to remain a virgin after the pageant is a respectable choice.  That’s their choice to remain a virgin  until marriage  hence no need for weekly or monthly testing.  I must admit this response (in red) is "just stab in the dark".  
I have no issue with the benefits of virginity. What is the benefit of 'proving you are a virgin at a specific date' if you can lose it next week?  
The focus is wrong. It should be on building self esteem and self worth, not glorifying a piece of flesh as what determines what you are, especially there are people born without this hymen. There are other ways of promoting virginity beyond awards.If we want to go back to 'village morals', they never did tests on virgins and parade them around.

Anyways, this stems from my personal skepticism of the whole 'pageant' thing. I think this is the wrong way to promote values. Give awards for achievement and hard work - not for a physical state.

Very soon, some people will start 'curved yekini' awards, saying our forefathers in the village always had curved ones so we need to encourage that.  cheesy grin grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Okijajuju1(m): 11:25am On Feb 17, 2009
Whats the PRIZE anyways?? A vibrator and some lube?? undecided

I wonder what "MR. VIRGINITY" or "MR. UNCIRCUMSIZED" pageant would look like.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by thetruth90: 11:26am On Feb 17, 2009
debosky:

I have already shown that this isn't necessarily the case - what if people keep virginity but engage in daily anal sex? Is that healthier? undecided

i wonder o. they might be professionals in MouthAction too.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by tolatolu(f): 11:41am On Feb 17, 2009
can somebody tell me how to start my own topic?
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Okijajuju1(m): 11:49am On Feb 17, 2009
@ Tola tolu

You need to have atleast 30 posts to start a topic. tongue
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by spikedcylinder: 11:54am On Feb 17, 2009
Okija_juju:

If these girls were anything in the class of "Agbani Derego", "Bianca Ono" e.t.c, then I would be impressed because you know that a multitude of people would want to hit that, but these girl are "BUTT UGLY".
I am certain that most of those girls would give a hymen to get laid. I am not even remotely turned by those girls at all. And who the hell sponsored that pageant?? WHo was in charge of costume?? Who did their make-up?? Those girls make virginity look like a curse.

I dont know what they intended to achieve with this charade but I for one am not impressed. Bring me a smoking hot chick of consentual age that is a virgin and then I will be interested.

Most girls loose their hymen to things like rape, peer-pressure or consentual sex. These girls dont look like people anyone would want to rape, I doubt they have friends so there goes the peer-pressure part. Now we are left with the consentual part, whic needs two people to take effect and I doubt there is any man out there who would want to hit that when there are better alternatives.

Lol. You are mean. The "winner" wasn't so bad, would you hit that? wink tongue
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Okijajuju1(m): 12:18pm On Feb 17, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Lol. You are mean. The "winner" wasn't so bad, would you hit that? wink tongue

Maybe after a visit to doctor 90210. grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by homegirl1: 12:32pm On Feb 17, 2009
it is not easy to be a virgin.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by holythug(m): 12:34pm On Feb 17, 2009
. . . theres a reason behind their virginity, i now believe in the sayin that goes thus;

Virginity isnt dignity
but lack of opportunity

Anonymous
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by nadico(m): 12:34pm On Feb 17, 2009
@Osunamazon,pls wen is the edition comin up cos my girl friend narowly missed this edition. and what is the star prize like,is it a kia okada or!!
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by homegirl1: 12:46pm On Feb 17, 2009
i if you ask me i will tell you guys that these girls are not virgins because they are not pretty is because they choose to be responsible.and come to think of it most of the women you call your wives are not as pretty as these girls.yet you maaried them. embarassed
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by smooooooth: 12:48pm On Feb 17, 2009
Okija_juju:

Maybe after a visit to doctor 90210. grin

guys like u deceive the orange seller with 12 long thick ibadan tribal marks all over her face,in your house pretending u interested in buying oranges, only to pounce on them. lipsrsealed
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by gReenmAn(m): 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2009
The article says the girls contested in a Virginity Pageant and not a Beauty Pageant. I think it's a distraction alluding to them not being beautiful in any case beauty in itself is so so subjective. So who can prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the girls are not beautiful angry From my perspective, as one poster had already noted to some extent, the focus of the pageant is in the message: SEXUAL VIRTUE IS COMMENDABLE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage / A Cry For Help. / Advice To All The Single Ladies In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.